Chapter Twenty

Chaos of Life

Chapter Nineteen: 

“Hey… Thanks for inviting me to come with you guys to the theme park.” 

Jimin glanced to the side, his eyebrows raising in surprise at Moonbyul’s words. He still wasn’t really used to how grateful she always acted to be included in the group. Jimin had always felt like it was pretty cut and dry. She had been best friends with Namjoon and Yoongi. It just made sense that she would join the group and fit in with everyone the best she could. 

And she fit the dynamic well. She was snarky, and fun to be around, and honestly, Jimin had never questioned her presence with them. She was perfect for them, in a sense. 

“Couldn’t imagine coming without you,” Jimin stated surely. He felt Yoongi stirring at his side, which surprised him a bit. The amusement park was a small drive from their University, and Yoongi had not been excited about how early everyone wanted him to wake up for the event. Jimin thought he had been sleeping, but apparently that wasn’t really so. 

“I could imagine it,” he murmured back. “I’d be able to actually sleep in peace.” 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes at Yoongi’s words and reached across Jimin so that she could smack Yoongi in the head. 

“You’re a brat you know that?” She teased. 

He hummed and rested his head back down on Jimin’s shoulder, but a mere glance to the side told Jimin that he wasn’t in the least bothered by the hit as he had a small smile settled over his lips.  

Just to make this journey, the boys had to ask Jungkook’s mom if they could borrow her minivan- after all no normal car could seat eight people comfortably in it. Moonbyul, Yoongi and Jimin were in the furthest back row, right behind Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok. 

In the front seat Seokjin was driving, and Namjoon was directing.... 

Luckily, Jungkook was also directing because already Namjoon had tried to lead them down four wrong streets and get off at two wrong exits. Moonbyul had appeared to be a tad bit stressed at Namjoon’s continued inability to direct them well to the right location, but she also seemed to be enjoying the chaotic atmosphere either way. 

Jimin was glad that she seemed comfortable, he was sort of worried that she would feel left out of the group and honestly hadn’t expected her to agree to come today but he was glad, nonetheless. 

Jimin and Taehyung had stayed up until... At least four in the morning working on their homework for the weekend so that they wouldn’t have to worry about it on Sunday, so they were both pretty tired when they woke up only a few hours later to go to the theme park. 

Luckily Seokjin had supplied them with a large amount of caffeine- enough so that Jimin was certain he could make it through the day without letting Yoongi see just how exhausted he truly was. 

It was only about a forty-minute ride between Seoul and Everland, so when they finally got to their exit the whole car was buzzing with excitement.  Jungkook, for one, couldn’t stop talking about all of the things he wanted to do and all of the rides he wanted to ride. 

It had been a while since the group had gone to Everland so Jimin understood the excitement. Usually when he went, he just wandered around trying the different sorts of food and watching his friends have a good time while grooving to the songs playing over the loudspeakers. 

It would be the first time he came here with a significant other. 

His eyes wandered over to Yoongi and he idly wondered what the day had in store for him. 

“Let’s ride a roller coaster first,” Jin suggested, his eyebrows raising as he made the suggestion. Jin could almost swear that half the group tensed at the mere suggestion- himself included. Normally when they all came to amusement parks they split up and just sort of met to eat together every once in a while, but this time around, it was clear that Taehyung kind of wanted them all to spend the time together. 

Jimin wasn’t sure exactly what it was... Maybe it was the resurfacing of Moonbyul in Namjoon’s life and the realization that once upon a time Yoongi, Moonbyul, and Namjoon had all been close friends but as of recently Taehyung had been extremely clingy. He didn’t seem to really want to let anyone out of his sight- not even Jungkook. 

While Jimin thought it was particular, he knew that whatever Taehyung was doing through he probably wouldn’t be very willing to talk about it, and if it was feelings of insecurity it would likely pass quickly. He wasn’t very worried about his friend. 

He was worried, about riding any of the roller coasters at this theme park, however. 

He wasn’t sure what it was. The height, the speed, the sheer insanity of it all. Really, who built roller coasters? Who was the person who had been sitting around wondering how to spend their time and had genuinely thought it would be fun to build giant dangerous fast train tracks in the sky for people to risk their lives on every day? 

“Are we sure we want to ride a coaster first...?” Hoseok voiced, swallowing thickly as he looked at the paper map that Seokjin was holding. “I mean, it’s not that I’m scared I just... I would hate for Moonbyul- yeah Moonbyul to get overwhelmed or something.” 

Moonbyul scoffed, her cheeks growing a little pinker as the attention of all of the boys turned to her. 

“What? Me? I ride roller coasters all the time,” Moonbyul insisted, crossing her arms over her chest. “Kind of sounds like you’re the scared one.” 

“Well... It is... Tall,” Namjoon commented, clearing his throat nervously. Jimin followed his line of sight, and his heart dropped at the sheer height of the drop on the roller coaster.  “The T Express is 56 meters high.” 

“Wasn’t there an accident on the ride too? The roller coaster just stopped, and everyone was stranded for ten minutes,” Jimin added, his heart thumping in his chest as he stared at the roller coaster looming over the horizon. Moonbyul fell in step beside them. 

“Someone died at one of the rides here, got hit by a spinning barrel,” she whispered. 

Hoseok took his place beside them all, looking at the coaster as well. 

“Really?” He asked. “M-Maybe we should start off with a smaller ride... To ease Jungkook into everything!” 

Jungkook- who had been gazing longingly at one of the nearby stands of cotton candy looked over at the mention of his name, his eyebrows raising. 

“What?” 

“Yes! Let’s start with Racing Coaster for Jungkook! So that he doesn’t get scared!” Namjoon agreed. Jungkook still looked wildly confused by the accusation. 

“I’m not scared of roller coas-” 

Moonbyul rushed over to him before he could finish what he was saying, hooking her arm around his neck and giving him a sympathetic look. 

“Don’t you worry at all, we’ll ease you into the roller coaster life,” Moonbyul said assuringly. Namjoon took off leading the pack, confidently directing them with the map towards Magic Land where the alleged coaster was kept. 

“Isn’t Racing Coaster in Kids Village...?” Seokjin asked hesitantly. 

Racing Coaster was in Kids Village and it was a kids roller coaster. That after all was the point. Starting with a small roller coaster, would be the way to start to keep everyone’s heart from beating too hard off the bat. 

Of course, a glance at Yoongi, and Jimin could deduct one terrifying thing. 

Yoongi wasn’t scared of roller coasters. 

It wasn’t really anything he said, but Jimin could tell just by the way that he was acting... He was being so quiet, just looking around at all of the attractions as your small group passed them and looking at all of the people as they went about their activities.  

He seemed to be lost in his own world, completely oblivious to everything that was unravelling around them. It made Jimin’s racing heart slow down just a little bit, unreasonably comforted just to see his boyfriend at such ease. Jimin walked over to him, quietly slipping his hand into Yoongi’s hand. Yoongi looked over at him at the action, giving him a soft gummy smile. 

It was clear he couldn’t tell just how terrified that Jimin was to be going on a roller coaster, and God was he thankful for that. He didn’t want Yoongi to know that after all they had been through, after some of the genuine scares that the two had faced, and the struggles of college life, that he was actually scared of a roller coaster. 

But he just couldn’t help the fear that gripped his heart at the mere thought of being strapped into those metal death traps. 
Sure, he knew that it was rare to die on one, but he still could die on one and that was a scary scary thought. 

So instead of thinking about the roller coaster, Jimin tried to think about anything else. Namely, the boy right beside him. He watched in admiration as Yoongi took in the park that he had never visited before, and watched the way that... Yoongi’s face didn’t really change to express his emotions, but his eyes did. 

Jimin couldn’t really explain it, but he could only tell what emotions were going through Yoongi by the way that his eyes flitted from one place to another rapidly, full of nothing but pure awe. 

Jimin wasn’t sure he could quite place a time in which Yoongi had been so excited around him. 

Of course, it was his own negligence to pay attention to anything other than Yoongi that made him miss that the group was not in fact headed towards Magic Land or Kids Village or Racing Coaster. 

Maybe if he had paid even the slightest attention to anything other than Yoongi’s eyes he would have noticed that. 

“It’s even taller up close,” Hoseok choked out wringing his hands out behind his back. Jimin barely prevented his head from bobbing up and down in agreement. 

Namjoon truly was awful at directing the group. 

Somehow, they had ended up European adventure, standing on the path right in front of the tall wooden roller coaster. 

“You know the T Express was once the steepest ride in the world?” Namjoon asked. The whole group turned their attention to him. 

“It has a top speed of 104km per hour, and dips to a 77-degree angle.” 

As if to confirm Namjoon’s words, the roller coaster came rushing past the long line that they all somehow found their way into, the rides occupants screaming in horror. 

“Can wooden roller coasters even go that fast?” Moonbyul choked out. 

“This one can,” Jimin murmured. 

Seokjin burst out in laughter at the words. 

“How come you guys look like you have all seen a ghost?” He asked. Jungkook’s eyes widened at that. 

“If someone did die at this park, could there be a ghost?” He blurted. Taehyung laughed at the accusation. 

“I’m sure there isn’t a ghost,” he responded. “Not at this ride at least, this wasn’t the one that the person died on.” 

As if sensing the tension that was building up in Hoseok’s body, Seokjin crept up to Hoseok, letting out a quick “boo” as he got close to him. Hoseok shouted in surprise, making Seokjin collapse into a ball of giggles, clearly amused by Hoseok’s absolute horror.  

“You guys are ridiculous. It’s just a roller coaster.” 

“It’s a wooden death trap,” Namjoon mumbled.  

And god did he seem right. The closer that you two got to the roller coaster, the more that Jimin’s heart pounded. It didn’t matter how close he was to Yoongi. He was scared, he was terrified.  

He told himself it was going to be okay. Because Yoongi was there beside him. 

But then as soon as they got into the ride, he knew it wasn’t. The ride was loud and as the conveyor belt pulled the coaster up the rails, it felt like the whole coaster was being yanked forward. 

Jimin was honestly terrified that the ride wouldn’t make it up to the top of the hill and the full trip from the bottom to the top was a twenty second ride from hell. Luckily for JImin he wasn’t very close to the front of the roller coaster, closer more to the middle. It felt almost safer to be there, versus the second row were Seokjin and Taehyung were or the back where Moonbyul and Namjoon were. 

Yoongi sat next to Jimin, still pretty quiet as the roller coaster reached the top and for a split second Jimin thought that the rollercoaster was going to stop just then. He braced himself for the impending drop towards the Earth, more than relieved to find he still had a good few seconds before all hell broke loose. 

He looked at Yoongi, a gentle smile crossing his lips. 

“Are you nervous?” 

Yoongi gave him a pretty calm look and he shrugged. 

“Not really. You?” 

Jimin swallowed hard and looked away from his boyfriend. 

“Nah.” 

And then the roller coaster began to tip forward. 

The thing about the T Express was that along with being loud, and fast and scary was that the ride shook like a literal Earthquake situated in just the coaster that the two were in. Jimin could feel his body shaking hard against the restraints of the ride as it roared down the tracks. 

In one hand, he wasn’t really aware of anything that was going on around him. On the other hand, he could faintly hear himself screaming for his life. There was only really one small moment in which he was able to pause, and breathe easily, and that was when the ride levelled out for a brief second, and he looked over at Yoongi. 

Yoongi was laughing, the widest smiled spread over his lips as he felt the wind in his hair and enjoyed the pure exhilaration of riding so quickly through the air. 

For a millisecond, Jimin felt calm. He was just happy to be there with Yoongi. Happy to see him so happy. 

And then the roller coaster dipped again, and tears pricked at the corners of his eyes. 

It felt like an eternity before finally the ride came to a stop. The roar of the coaster came down to the quieter tiks of the cart rolling along the track. 

Jimin felt dazed from the sudden loss of wind in his face. His head fully ached from the rush of him screaming so loudly for so long, and when he turned his head, he could almost swear that he felt a small tear roll down his cheek. 

He couldn’t find the words to speak, so instead he just looked over at Yoongi, who still looked like a child who had been given candy for the very first time. 

“Let’s ride it again,” Yoongi exclaimed excitedly. 

“Huh?” 

Unluckily for Jimin, as it turned out he was too whipped for Yoongi to tell him no when it came to riding the roller coasters. 

He ended up riding the T Express with Yoongi, Taehyung, Seokjin and Jungkook six times before they moved on to the next roller coaster. And then a VR Roller coaster. 

Namjoon, Moonbyul, and Hoseok eventually got to break out from the group, going to play arcade games on their own while Jimin was presented with relentless torture as he rode the roller coasters with his friends again, and again, and again. He honestly believed that the only thing that got him through the whole mess was how purely happy the rides seemed to make Yoongi. 

No matter how many times they rode them, he laughed and smiled. Not that Jimin could really hear it over his own screams of fear. 

Jimin knew that Yoongi could tell just how scared he was by the way that he looked at him between every ride. 

“You sure you want to ride it again? We could always do something different?” 

But Jimin couldn’t ruin Yoongi’s first time at Everland just because he was a coward. So, every time that Yoongi asked Jimin would smile politely and tell Yoongi that he really was having a good time and that Yoongi surely didn’t need to worry so much. 

Despite it being a boldfaced lie. 

So after one of the seemingly countless times that the two of you had gone on the rides with the others, when Yoongi took his hand and told the others that they wouldn’t be riding with them this time, Jimin was unsurprisingly put off. 

“What’s wrong?” He asked. “Aren’t we going to ride again with Taehyung the others?” 

Yoongi hummed and shrugged off-handedly. 

“No,” he mumbled. “I think it’s about time we spent some time together just the two of us.” 
Jimin’s eyebrows rose. 

“Are we going back to the T Express?” He asked. Yoongi snorted. 

“Jimin I think if you were to ride another roller coaster you might actually die in the seat beside me,” he teased lightly. Jimin felt color spreading over his cheeks at the comment. 

“I hadn’t thought you noticed...” He mumbled. Yoongi snorted. 

“My hearing is out on my right side,” he mumbled. “No... I’m taking you to the scenic gardens now. We can grab some churros and just see what the place has to offer.” 

Jimin laughed, at the way that Yoongi’s face lit up at the mere mention of Churros, suddenly being reminded of the fact that Yoongi was a bit of a foodie at heart. He leaned happily on the boys' arm. 

“Okay, if you insist. I guess I’ll let you take me on a cute amusement park date,” he murmured. 

“Well.... I really just want to take you away to a corner of the gardens and put your lips to a different use then screaming,” he mumbled teasingly. Jimin snickered at the suggestion behind the words. 

“That’s hardly innocent,” he stated back. “And here I just wanted to take a stroll with my boyfriend through the park.” 

Yoongi laughed, his shoulders bouncing as he tugged Jimin closer to him. 

“Uh huh,” he agreed quietly. 

The two of them weren’t quite to the gardens yet, but even so Yoongi started talking as to Jimin as if the hustle and bustle of the park around them wasn’t going on at all. Jimin was kind of amazed by the way that Yoongi could just tune out all of the things that was happening around him to focus on one thing and one thing only... It was a talent he didn’t think a lot of people had. 

One that he adored. 

“You like cute things, don’t you?” 

The question understandably threw Jimin off guard, he looked over at Yoongi, simply raising an eyebrow at him in silent question. To answer that, Yoongi pointed across the way at what looked to be your run fo the mill carnival game. 

Hanging around the frame of the wooden game display was a large pink fluffy teddy bear. Jimin looked back at Yoongi his eyes wide. 

“I’m going to win that for you,” Yoongi said decidedly. Before Jimin could protest and say that he ddn’t have to, Yoongi was pulling him across the way to the carnival game and was sliding the man there cash. 

The game was simple enough, a ring toss. Toss enough rings over the bottles and you win a prize of your choice. Of course, the bear that Yoongi was gunning for was one of the bigger prizes, and as such, Jimin wasn’t really sure Yoongi would be able to win it. 

He had heard Seokjin mention before that it was no fun playing games with Yoongi- he almost always lost, and never really put his heart into the games so it felt like a strange challenge for Yoongi to put himself up to, but Jimin didn’t question him. 

Instead he took a step back as Yoongi threw ring after ring at the bottles cheering on his boyfriend excitedly. 

An action that he was happy to see pay off. 

“I... I-I... Well... Uh...” 

The man at the booth couldn’t hardly get out a word he was so surprised staring at the rings stacked on the bottle that meant Yoongi would get a grand prize. Jimin wasn’t sure why the man was so surprised that he had been able to do it- He figured that if Yoongi had managed it so easily it must be a fairly simple game- but either way the man looked like what Yoongi had done should be impossible. 

“I want that one,” Yoongi said, pointing at the bear that he had promised Jimin only a few moments ago. 

All the man at the booth did was breathily nod and hand Yoongi that toy. 

“U-uh.” 

“Thank you!” Yoongi shot the man a large grin and turned his attention back to Jimin, brandishing the bear that was honestly about the same size as him. “Told you I would get you it.” 

Jimin could feel his face reddening as he stared at the large bear in Yoongi’s arms, feeling honestly really embarrassed that Yoongi went to the admittedly easy effort of winning him the toy. 

Sure, he had always sort of wanted a boyfriend to do this sort of thing for him- it was the classic high school romance date thing to do but to have someone actually do it for him? It was a bit embarrassing. 

Even so, he happily reached forward, wrapping his arms around the bear. 

“Thank you,” he whispered. Yoongi hummed back and started to walk again so Jimin jogged forward, to keep up with him, his shoulders brushing Yoongi’s. “But you know you didn’t have to.” 

“I know. I wanted to,” Yoongi replied pointedly. 

Jimin opened his mouth to say something else, but before he could Yoongi had stopped again at another vendor- this one selling Churros. 

One thing that Jimin didn’t like about Everland was that the place was really expensive to eat at. The only other theme park he had ever been to was of course Lotte World, so he wasn’t really sure whether or not this was a common theme at theme parks, but it was like ten dollars for a churro, and honestly he didn’t want Yoongi to be spending that much money on him. 

Sure, they were dating, but Yoongi did so much for him all the time, that it felt wrong to constantly let him buy things for him. 

“Can I have two churros?” Yoongi asked, clearly not paying attention to Jimin’s running thoughts. Jimin’s eyes widened and he rushed forward, placing a hand on Yoongi’s wrist. 

“Let me pay for it,” he insisted, his voice soft. Yoongi glanced back at him. 

“I’ll pay for it this time, don’t worry.” 

“But you’re always paying for me,” Jimin murmured back, a pout spreading over his lips. Yoongi glanced over at Jimin, and his expression softened at the look that Jimin was giving him. He turned away from the churro vendor, and placed a hand in Jimin’s hair, cocking his head to the side. 

“Did I tell you? I’m applying for a job on-campus soon,” he told Jimin. “Then I’ll get paid even more then I already do from my parents and you won’t have to worry so much about me paying for you.” 

Jimin opened his mouth to say that he would still worry about Yoongi paying for him, but before he could Yoongi had turned back to the churro vendor and was handing him money for the sugar covered fried dough. 

“Besides I just really wanted a churro, these things are the best.” 

The rest of the day was a bit more relaxing then the morning was. Jimin and Yoongi spent the afternoon n the gardens, walking around and talking for what felt like hours longer then it was, and then as night began to fall they found a place with their friends to watch the parade and settle back watching the firework show. 

Jimin had never been the biggest fan of fireworks, due to their sheer loudness and he could tell that Yoongi felt the same way by the way that he had his fingers would squeeze Jimin at every little explosion. But still, Jimin couldn’t help but enjoy the night as he looked up at the exploding lights in the sky above him. 

“Hey, Yoongi?” He mumbled softly. Yoongi turned his attention away from the fireworks and towards Jimin, a blank expression settled on his face. 

“Yeah?” 

“Thank you for today.” 

Yoongi smiled and gave his hand a little squeeze- one that wasn’t time for right after a firework had exploded in the air. 

“Thank you for today. I had a really good time.” 

Jimin did too and honestly for once he was glad that they had let Taehyung drag them all into doing something a little unorthodox so early in the year. He thought maybe Taehyung had been right. This had been exactly what they all had needed. 

-

Author's Note:

I didn't read over this as well as I could have but I really wanted to get this out today because you guys have waited LONG ENOUGH but it's 5am and I want to sleep T-T so here this is! Sorry I keep going so long between updates