Chapter Seventeen

Chaos of Life

"What kind of ice cream do you want?"

Jimin squinted at the display, looking at the assortments.

"I don't know," he admitted. "What are you thinking about getting?"

Yoongi hummed and thought over the ice cream flavors.

"Mint chocolate chip," Yoongi decided. He tilted his head. "Do you want to share a bowl?"

Jimin nodded and stayed back as Yoongi ordered two scoops of the ice cream.

He didn't seem any different.

He didn't seem worried or pressed or anxious or any of the above. Instead, he was cool, collected and just as he always had been.

He led Jimin to a table and talked to him silently, asking him if he was ready for the up-and-coming semester.

Jimin kept his cool as well. The mint chocolate chip was good, and everything that he spoke about was stable and cool. In the past, he hadn't been good at hiding aspects of his personality from Yoongi. Jimin suspected that was partly because he didn't want to keep secrets from the older boy.

That still stood, but he also knew that Yoongi had always been able to tell when Jimin was keeping something from him. While he wasn't actively hiding anything from Yoongi at the moment, he knew that in the past, Yoongi would have seen his hesitance, and called him out on hiding something from him.

The fact that he wasn't now made Jimin think that a part of him wanted him to do this. He wanted him to find out about whatever was going on and had affected him in the past.

Jimin kept his suspicions to himself and instead rested his arm on the table while he played with his spoon.

"Yoongi, do you think you'll ever get tired of me?" He asked.

"No," he scoffed practically as soon as the question had left Jimin's mouth. "You're different than the other people I've met. You see parts of me that no one else does. That's why we are together."

"You're really something," Jimin said, a small smile gracing his lips. It flickered away after only a moment. "So even if you were upset with me and we got into a fight..."

"We're both adults, aren't we? We can talk it out," Yoongi insisted. "Why are you asking this?"

Jimin didn't respond. He just set down his spoon and stared blankly at the ice cream.

"Jimin."

Jimin didn't look at Yoongi. It was killing him inside to risk his relationship with Yoongi over this secret. He wished he would just tell him... Or even more, he wished that Jimin was simply patient enough to wait for Yoongi to tell him. Yoongi reached across the table and took Jimin's hand in his own. It made Jimin rethink this whole thing.

Maybe... Maybe he should-

"Look who it is! Min Yoongi, long time no see!"

Yoongi's hand moved away from Jimin's so quickly that he was surprised by the action. Jimin looked over to see who could possibly elicit such a reaction from Yoongi and wrinkled his nose upon seeing that it was Daejung.

Daejung looked just as surprised to see Jimin.

"Hey, I met you yesterday, right? Jimin?"

Jimin nodded his head once and noticed out of the corner of his eyes that Yoongi was clenching his fists. He looked... Mad.

"Yeah, Daejung, I see we've met again," he stated. He couldn't rightly say that it was a pleasure.

"What are you doing here Daejung?" Yoongi asked. There was a bite in his voice and a shift to the way he was seated. He squared off his shoulders, clenched his jaw. It honestly made Jimin a little nervous.

"Just thought I'd come by and see what the old shop was like," he replied with a hum. "I see you got Mint Chocolate Chip. Remember when I introduced you to that flavor?"

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh, are you two old friends?" He asked. Daejung pouted.

"What so Yoongi never told you about me?" Daejung asked. He looked over at Yoongi. "What did I mean nothing to you?"

Yoongi didn't respond, instead, his glare intensified, so Daejung sighed and turned his attention to Jimin.

Jimin found Yoongi's silence odd but decided not to comment on it for the time being. Maybe this interaction would bring up some answers anyways.

"What about you Jimin? What are you to Yoongi?" Daejung asked, pulling up a chair to the table without asking if it was okay.

"Oh, we're-"

"Friends," Yoongi interrupted.

Jimin did his best not to look surprised. He just nodded his agreement slowly.

"What else would we be?" Jimin asked.

Daejung's amused expression dropped, his eyes going between Jimin and Yoongi slowly. He huffed.

"I don't know," He said after a long moment of silence. "Something else I guess."

"Nope, just friends," Yoongi continued. "Anyways. look at the time, Jimin, didn't you have somewhere to be?"

Jimin bit his lip but got to his feet.

"Yeah. Guess so," he mumbled. "I'll see you around Yoongi."

He waved and left the table without another word.


"Geez, I want to be mad, but I can't be!" Jimin blurted. Taehyung rolled over on his bed, raising a single eyebrow.

"Why can't you be?" Taehyung asked.

Jimin picked up a notebook from his desk and then set it back down.

"Well! Because-" He sighed. "Yoongi wouldn't lie about us dating unless it was over something serious."

"You trust him a little too much," Taehyung said with a sigh. He rolled up so that he was sitting cross-legged and hugged a pillow to his chest.

"Isn't that what you're supposed to do in a relationship?" Jimin responded. He sat down next to Taehyung unsurely. "Blind trust right?"

"Idiots say that," Taehyung said waving it off. "Yoongi is great and all but he gets more suspicious by the day. I'm not saying you break up with him but you have to figure out what is going on."

"He's not ready to tell me yet," Jimin replied. "And after what happened today, it seems like he's going to try and protect me rather than tell me what's going on with this Daejung."

Jimin let out a sigh of frustration and grabbed a pillow on the bed tossing it to the ground.

"I have to figure out what's going on. I have to help him!" Jimin exclaimed. "Yoongi goes silent whenever Daejung talks to him, and that's not like him. Daejung must be dangerous. So you have to help me too."

Taehyung grumbled in response.

"What, why do I have to help?"

"Well, aren't you curious!"

"Not in the least."

Taehyung got up from the bed and stretched.

"Besides, I have better things to do then stalk your boyfriend," he continued nonchalantly.

"But Tae, he made Namjoon mad," Jimin blurted. Taehyung froze in his spot.

"He... What?"

"He made Namjoon mad. He made Namjoon made and he didn't even want me talking to him," Jimin continued. "Isn't that weird? All he did was say hi, and Namjoon was pissed."

Taehyung turned around to face Jimin, nibbling thoughtlessly on his fingernail.

"."

He stood there, bouncing a little in his spot.

"You're really going to make me do this aren't you?"

Jimin jumped up in excitement.

"Okay! Great!" He blurted. "So I'm thinking we need one more person to help us out. It can't be anyone close to Yoongi, so that leaves out the rest of the friend group."

Taehyung frowned deeply, tilting his head to the side.

"Then... Who were you..."

Jimin grinned.


"You want me to what?"

"Trust me, it's just as crazy as it sounds."

"It's not crazy, it's not even illegal!" Jimin protested. He reached across the table, grabbing Jihyo by her hand. She looked surprised by the action, but not opposed. "You know a lot of people who might have known Yoongi in the past. I just need your help to find out the truth."

"The truth?" Jihyo responded with a sigh. "And... Let me guess, you can't just ask Yoongi?"

"If I could-"

"Right, you would've."

Jihyo withdrew her hands from Jimin's, but smiled anyway, giving him a short nod.

"What even are you two to one another?" Jihyo asked. "You've never said but, you seem like more then friends."

Jimin nodded.

"We're dating," he replied. "Do you have a problem with that?"

Jihyo chuckled and put both of her hands on the table.

"Let's find out Yoongi's secret!" She exclaimed confidently.

"For Yoongi!" Jimin cheered enthusiastically.

"For Yoongi!" Jihyo agreed, putting her hand into the air. They both looked at Taehyung expectantly who rolled his eyes and waved his hands in the air, mocking excitement.

"For Yoongi!"