Chapter 23

If only I had never loved you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ding Dong ding-dong.

Who is ringing my bell so late at night, Bora thought to herself as she came to open the door. Standing there right in front of her was, Woohyun with his suitcase.

“Can I please come live with you, I have finally given up” Woohyun said.

Bora had tears in her eye “You fool, come on in woohyun-ah”

For the next few days, Bora and Woohyun settled into their routine. They went from town to town, one tourist site to another, taking pictures and having fun.

“What would you like me to do for you before the baby is born?” Bora asked him.

Woohyun looked at her and sadly replied: “since I never got the chance to have a wedding, I would like you to decorate my burial service with flowers and a lot of colour. I want it to look like a wedding grounds instead of a funeral. I don’t want anybody to be sad at my funeral. That’s all I ask for”

“I will do anything for you namu. But if there could be a miracle where both you and the baby in your womb could live, then I would ask for that miracle to happen to you.” Bora told woohyun with fondness

......

For several days, Sunggyu did not see Woohyun.

It looks like he hadn’t set eyes on him since that night’s encounter few days ago. He stepped out into the secretary’s office and asked for woohyun to come to his office right away.

All the secretaries looked up at him in astonishment. “Sunggyu-nim, Woohyun no longer works here, he resigned last week”

Sunggyu was stunned, he dialled Woohyun’s number.

“The number you have dialled is currently switched off”

Jisoo carefully looked at her boss’s expression which was foul she carefully added: "The secretary has not come to work for over a week now."

And for this one week, the vice president seemed to be occupied with thoughts about Woohyun’s cousin Hyuna, and so had not even realized his absence.

"Who approved woohyun’s resignation? Go and call me the HR manager!”

Manager Lee stood shivering before the vice president: “secretary Nam brought in his resignation letter almost two months ago. he followed all the due processes required for an acceptable resignation. This is a copy of his resignation letter.” He tried to explain himself as he handed Woohyun’s resignation letter to him.

“Are you not aware that every resignation letter needs my approval before it is processed?”sunggyu barked at him.

“Yes I’m aware! But secretary Nam said he had your approval and I dared not doubt him since he is a senior member of this company”

“Out! Go to the Finance department to get your salary for this month, you can leave, you are dismissed”

"But sir, you cannot do this to me, I have been working here for the past 35 years ..."

"I can! Now, get out. You can also get a three-month salary, and this quarter's assessment.”

Sunggyu got into his car and drove straight to the house.

“Bang” he kicked open the door, which came crushing down with a loud sound.

There was still a trace of woohyuns scent in the room but there was no sign of him. He opened the closet and checked all the drawers, his clothes and everything else was gone.

He clearly felt his absence, Woohyun was really gone.

He dialled his number again… “The number you have dialled cannot be reached”

He totally felt lost.

Getting into his car, he speed off in the direction of Hyuna’s residence

He arrived in less than 25 minutes. He couldn’t even believe how fast he was himself.

"Gyu oppa, how are you doing?”

"Where is he?" Sunggyu hurriedly asked.

“Who?” Hyuna was a bit confused.

"Your brother, Woohyun!" Where is he? Ask him to come out! ”

Hyuna replied “Did you come here because Woohyun did something wrong? Don’t be angry with my brother…….” there was a slight hint of irritation in her voice.

But sunggyu ignored her and shouted out woohyuns name

"Woohyun? Woohyun? You get out here! I know you're in there! "Sunggyuu now turned around to look at Hyuna. He had been so preoccupied with looking for Woohyun that he hadn’t even given her a moment’s glance.

Hyuna felt very insignificant at the moment, but she covered it up by saying, “Don’t worry Sunggyu, my cousin has not returned to this house but I’m sure he is fine”

“What! he is not here, then where could he possibly be?”

Sunggyu tried to think but realized he couldn’t think of any other place, he really knew nothing about this man he had been living with for three whole years.

“Call me at once when he returns” he told her as he hurried out of the building.

He didn’t not notice the resentment and despise that was written all over Hyuna’s face.

......

Sunggyu had been busy all day. He returned home to meet a still empty house. A trace of his scent was still evident but the person himself had totally disappeared. Not feeling like staying inside alone, he stepped out to get a drink.

‘The night’ was crowded as usual. Sunggyu got himself a seat and immediately ordered a drink. He drank glass after glass of alcohol until he was totally wasted. A group of people sitting at a table whispered among themselves, this was the first time they had seen Sunggyu like this.

Myungsoo, Hoya and Dongwoo entered  the club , and found sunggyu getting wasted.

Myungsoo approached him and joined him at the table.

Hoya was curiuos about what happened with the big boss of the  Kim empire getting wasted he asked dongwoo who seemed to know something.

Dongwoo whispered to his lover whispered, “He’s like this because of a man, his name is  Woohyun , he left him”

Sunggyu drunkenly shouted “who told you that? I’m drinking because I’m happy. I’m happy that despicable gay has finally left my life. I have been trying to get rid of him for several years now, and finally he is gone. I am extremely overjoyed.”

“Are you sure about that?” Myungsoo asked with anger in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter