Chapter 20 -Am i your child

If only I had never loved you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bora made  sure she dropped woohyun off at the office. Woohyun remained very silent  and reflective throughout the drive back thinking about how bora had been with him: Bora is after all not a the exquisite doll, or big star, or the lady with the perfect life that people see her to be. This woman, has her own past to deal with.

When woohyun got back to the company in the afternoon, he wrote down his resignation letter from the compapy, from sunggyu: If Hyuna was back,what was the use for him to be there ,  it’s time for him to quit.

“Personal Secretary Nam, are you resigning? Does Sunggyu-nim know of this , is he aware of your resignation?"

The HR manager, pushed down his glasses frame a little up his nose, as he suspiciously questioned Woohyun. Working in this company woohyun  knew that this this old man was very shrewd and cautious.

"Manager Lee, be rest assured  sunggyu-shii knows of my resignation he has approved it, else , how dare I on my own accord resign from the company? Moreover, the time of implementation is in three months’ time.” I simply want it to be recorded and filed-in before I leave.”

The Manager looked at the letter in his hands and thought to himself, “It seems that because of the return of Hyuna, the boss intends to go ahead and dump Woohyun.”

......

It was evening already, and Woohyun had to be  at his parent’s house for the dinner. Having mixed feelings and not in the least looking forward to the dinner, he finally arrived at the house.

In the past three years, he  went home only a handful of times.

But that stopped  after his parents made it clear they didn’t want him around the house anymore. Sometimes, he even wonders if he was their real son. From childhood, their attention was always on hyuna when they took her in after her parents died.Well his mother always did want a daughter than a son.

After coming to live with them, Woohyun and Hyuna did everything together: they slept in the same room, ate together, and went to school together. Her parents did everything they could so people saw them as siblings.

Since then, Hyuna had come to be his sister.

As soon as Woohyun stepped into the house,the maid of the house, Mrs Kim, welcomed him with tears in her eye: "Woohyun is here,Mrs Nam, our namu is back.”

 Both woohyun and the maid were in tears , Woohyun warmly embraced the old housekeeper. Three years had passed since the last time they saw each other, Woohyun will forever remain her little namu.

"oppa, are you off work?" I missed you so much.” A shadow sprang over, Woohyun was forced to turn around, and there stood Hyuna, who pulled hi, into a hug.

"oppa, come, sit down, the cook prepared a lot of delicious dishes."

Woohyun was led by Hyuna and virtually dragged into the dining hall,  as if it was not his home and Woohyun was the guest here. Getting a hold himself and finally being free from Hyuna’s firm grip, Woohyun half-heartedly walked to the dining room. To add to his discomfort, everyone was already been seated at the table.

"Sunngyu oppa, you sit at the other side, my oppa is here." Hyunasaid.

Hearing Sunngyu’s name, Woohyun trembled a little, his posture suddenly going stiff.

Her father cleared his throat to speak, his voice now the sound of a stranger to him: “Don’t you know your way around anymore? If you have finally arrived, just find yourself a place to sit so this dinner can go on. Hyuna’s flight landed yesterday night, it was too late to see you then. She says she misses you and wants to see you, just sit down and let’s eat. ”

Woohyun glanced at the people at the table, her parents, Hyuna, Sunggyu... And he,  the outsider.

Before him was a table filled with a lot of delicacies, but all he wanted to eat right now was Bora’s soup, he misses it.

The Food seems tasteless in his mouth. Woohyun manages to stuff some grains of rice into his mouth with his chopsticks. Next to him, the excited voice of Hyuna rings out: "Well! Mrs Kim’s food is so good just like before!”

"Dad, Mom, did you know when I was in France, apart from the two of you, what I missed most was being able to get some good home-made korean food." Since the time they started living together, Hyuna started calling Woohyun’s parents mom and dad.

Having said that, Hyuna moved on to the side dishes to have a taste of it. “Since you missed home food so much, you should eat some more, ajuma made a whole lot of different varieties.” Mrs Nam said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter