Chapter 21- No regrets

If only I had never loved you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It’s the raining season, the weather looks quite unstable.

One moment the weather looks good, the next it was pouring down heavily.

Woohyun decides to quickly rush across the street to get something from the convenience store. He walked as hurriedly as he could. The rains had made the floor slippery. All of a sudden, he slipped and almost fell right into the road. "Screech…” The screeching sound of the brakes of a car was heard.

The front door of the car opened and the owner of the car got down... “Well look at this, it's you again!?”

"Do you know me?" Woohyun asked.

"Woohyun, don't you remember me? The last time you were almost hit by my car, you fainted and I brought you home.” Myungsoo exclaimed.

"Was that you the last time? Oh  ... Thank you very much.”

"Why are you running across the road again?” Myungsoo asked, very naturally moving forward and stretching out a helping hand to help him get up: "It’s raining heavily, get inside the car, I’ll drop you off."

"No, it's alright, I just want to go to the convenience store. I’ll get a taxi, don’t worry.”

"It’s no trouble for me. Where are you going, I'll send you.” Myungsoo insisted.

"Really no, I can go on my own please” she tried saying.

"Even if you are a man, there might be bad people at this time of the night who might try to rob you or do something  bad”

Looks like he's the one who's being overly enthusiastic. Compared with other people, this man might be more dangerous.

“My name is Myungsoo, Myungsoo the actor turned businessman. Woohyun, the last time you fainted, I took you home, and asked my friend who is a doctor to attend to you, how are you now? ”

Woohyun intended to refuse this man's good intentions, but some other part of him was willing to accept. He answered, " I really feel embarrassed by that day, and thank you for taking care of me that day."

Myungsoo waved his hand: "There is nothing to thank me for, it was my pleasure."

If these words were heard by his friends, he would turn into a laughing stock. Is Myungsoo the kind of person to do something like this? The cold and silent myunsoo being friendly and smiling? And that too with a man?

"That reminds me, did you go to the hospital for a full-body check-up?" Myungsoo asked.

"No ..."Woohyun responded.

"It’s best for you to do so. My personal doctor and best friend, the one who attended you, is specialised in both modern and traditional medicine. He advised that it would be better if you go to the hospital for a complete body check-up. Apart from your fainting, you could be suffering from other illness.”

“ what did happen to you?” Myungsoo asked. He didn’t get any response from Woohyun so he turned to check on him at the back seat. He had gone pale and was sweating profusely: “Are you all right? Is it because of the weather? You don’t look well, I'll take you to the hospital.”

"No, No.” Woohyun hurriedly objected: “I am OK.” Then looking at Myungsoo and hesitating for a moment, he asked: "That doctor friend of yours you were talking about, is he really a very good doctor like you say?"

Her words startled him for a moment.

"Of course, he is known all over the world. Last time, there was a patient with advanced gastric cancer, undergoing various treatments and seeing different doctors. His condition didn’t seem to get any better until he met this friend of mine by coincidence. And for someone who was given a limited time to live, he is still alive and kicking today.”

Woohyun then replied: "That ... Could you please introduce me to him?”

Myungsoo smiled and glanced at her: "You don't have to be so nervous, even if your illness is that serious, you have no problem if my friend is the one going to treat you.”

Myungsoo could tell from Woohyun’s tense appearance that he was concerned about his stomach problem. Myungsoo had absolutely no idea and couldn’t have possibly imagined that what woohyun was having wasn’t just a stomach problem but actually cancer.

“Not me,” Woohyun hesitated for a bit before adding “I have advanced stomach cancer.”

"Oh, advanced stomach cancer, yes, don't worry ... What the hell?! You mean stomach cancer?" Myungsoo lost control of the while for a split second and the car skidded off the road, almost hitting an oncoming vehicle. He was able to gain control of the wheel just in the nick of time.

"Well ..."

"Don't worry, let my friend take a look at your condition first, you will surely receive the help you need."

Woohyun’s stomach gave a very strange sound as he winced in pain. Myungsoo turned to look at him, his colour was not looking right. “We will be there soon, don’t worry."

Myungsoo increased his speed, not wanting to cause any further delays.

"Is this the place?” Woohyun got out of the car and looked up at the building in front of him.

"This is the place, my friend's private hospital. The place is not very big though, but it has all the modern equipment.”

Having just one umbrella, Myungsoo picked it up and held it above Woohyun’s head as they walked into the building. Myungsoo was completely wet now.

Woohyun did not notice, but immediately they got inside the hospital, Dongwoo jokingly looked sharp-eyed at them and was about to comment on Myungsoo being all wet when Myungsoo gave him the eye and said “Dongwoo hyung, I’ve brought you a patient. This is Woohyun, who has stomach cancer. I remember you’ve cured several patients with advanced gastric cancer. Take a look at his condition and do the best you can.”

"What do you mean?" Dongwoo all this while listening to Myungsoo speak realized something wasn’t adding up. He critically looked at Woohyun, took hold of his wrist and checked his pulse. He stood that way for a long time until he finally asked ... “You're not just suffering from stomach cancer, are you?” You’re pregnant too”.

He deduced that from the rate of his pulse. He must have missed that bit on the day of the accident because he didn’t have enough time to do a thorough examination.

Myungsoo almost jumped!

Woohyun is pregnant? The only man that he kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter