Chapter Nine

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter Nine

It had been over two weeks since Eun-Jeong had come to live with them and over those two weeks, something had become evident to the others. Jin was still doing the usual things around the dorm, cleaning, cooking and helping them all. But he also took care of Eun-Jeong, he never let the others help him, and if they did he was always quick at what needed to be done. Most of the time Yoongi had been able to help him. Jin had taken to practising longer and alone most of the time. Letting Eun-Jeong stay in her playpen to sleep while he did so. 

Yoongi looked up as the door to his studio opened, “Jin-hyung,” he greeted the man that walked in.

Jin stood there with Eun-Jeong on his hip, a bag, over his shoulder and the folded playpen in the other hand. “Sorry for intruding,” he said softly. His voice sounded tired, Jin had started to become a little distant over the last few days as well. Making sure to wake up as soon as Eun-Jeong moved or made any type of noise, barely letting Yoongi help him during the night if she woke up, which thankfully wasn’t often. But she did wake up before Jin used to wake up.

“That’s okay Hyung,” Yoongi nodded to him as he walked into the small studio that Yoongi used to mix his music while at Big Hit.

“I…” he stopped for a moment as he readjusted Eun-Jeong and then carried on, “I was hoping you might be able to watch her for an hour. Just an hour. I’ve been trying to get through some of the routines, and it’s just not working, I’m constantly checking her since she is being a little cranky today,” he said, quickly putting the playpen down for a moment to grab Monkey before it could fall to the floor.

“Of course, I’ll set the playpen up,” he told him, getting up from his chair and grabbing the playpen before Jin could try and set it up while still holding Eun-Jeong. He had watched the elder do so a few times in the past.

“Thank you,” Jin said sincerely as he placed Eun-Jeong inside, “Now you be a good girl, okay and Jinnie will be back soon,” he told her, a soft smile on his face.

“Go and do what you need to hyung, just don't over do it,” he reminded him.

Jin stood up, smiling and nodded, “I won't,” he told him and then left the room.

Yoongi watched him leave and close the door behind him, he looked to Eun-Jeong who’s bottom lip started to wobble, “Now don't you start,” he told her, keeping his tone lighten playful as he went over to the playpen and knelt down, picking her out of it. “You are making him so tired you know, he won't let us help him,” he said softly to her.

“Jaaaaaa,” she pouted reaching towards her playpen.

“Ahh, monkey,” he said, with a roll of his eyes, he leant down and grabbed the soft toy and gave it to her.

He went over to the small sofa he had in the room and settled on it with her in his lap, “We should try and get a day off so he can rest a little,” he said softly. “He’s practising alone all the time, and he won't let you out of his sight, even with vocal practice you’re always nearby. Sejin-hyung hasn’t watched over you during that for the last few days. The vocal coach is getting a little annoyed at Jin-hyung for bringing you. I just hope he doesn’t say anything to him,” he worried, telling Eun-Jeong what was going on, not that she understood a word of what he was saying, biting his lower lip for a moment he tried to think of something he could do.

Eun-Jeong bopped him on the nose with the monkey, “blaaaaa,” she called out a smile on her face.

Yoongi shook his head, “Well, I have a little work to do,” he told her, “So back in there you go, and thank you for the bop,” he told her, kissing her forehead as he stood up again and put her back in the playpen. Putting on his headset he moved them so that he would be able to hear her and kept the music low as he began to mix another song that he hoped may end up on their next album.

XxXxX

Jin fell to the floor, he had practised none stop as soon as he got back to the dance studio after dropping off Eun-Jeong with Yoongi. He felt a surge of guilt for asking the young rapper to watch over her. But he was making mistakes that only rookies would make while he had her in the room. He was always keeping an eye on her, putting his timing off constantly. Since he moved quickly to get her back in his sights. He sat there breathing heavily for a few moments. Crawling over to his bag, he grabbed the water bottle from it and drank. Hands shaking from the effort he had put into his practice.

Jin wished he had been able to do the same with his vocals as well since he would often have Eun-Jeong with him. Not wanting to burden Sejin-hyung with her, since she was his responsibility and no one else's. He got up, limbs a little shaky but he brushed it off as he packed his things away and headed towards Yoongi’s studio, hoping that the other had been able to work with Eun-Jeong in the room. He wondered if he should have just it up and had her in the practice room with him instead.

Knocking on the door he waited a moment before he heard Yoongi call him in. He walked in, Eun-Jeong was playing in her playpen. She looked up at the opening of the door and yelled out a load of babble as soon as she saw him. Jin smiled and went over, glancing at Yoongi who was watching, “Thanks Yoongichi for watching her, and sorry to have had to ask you,” he apologised as he picked her up.

“You know I don't mind at all hyung, she’s a good girl and adorable,” he told him, waving his hand a little.

“Still, it isn’t fair that you were to look after her, she’s my responsibility, no one else's,” Jin said as he stood up straight.

“Sit down for a bit and then we’ll go to the dorm,” he said, seeing how tired Jin was.

Jin nodded, sitting down wouldn't hurt, dinner would be a little late, but that was fine. He said down not noticing Yoongi on his phone. Jin pulled Eun-Jeong into his lap, cuddling the little girl as she cuddles back, lying against him and waving monkey around a little. Yoongi smiled and watched as Jin played with her. Yoongi began to talk about something random. He wanted to draw time out a little to give the others time to do things back at the dorm.

XxXxX

Namjoon looked to his phone as it pinged, he was at the dorm in his room. He had gone home after practice wanting to relax for a little while and to write down a few thoughts that he had. Taehyung had just finished a vlive with Jungkook, and now the two of them were off to play overwatch. Hoseok and Jimin were once again engrossed in their favourite drama of the season. And the debate about one of the characters was become heated again.

Namjoon read the message, nodding to himself as he got up. He went towards Jungkook’s room and knocked on the door, opening it up he saw the two just about to start a game, “Hey, can that be paused for a while?” he asked them.

Jungkook nodded, turning things off instead of pausing, “What's going on?” he asked, hearing the serious tone in the rapper's voice.

“Jin-hyung’s finished practice, but Yoongi-hyung says that he looks exhausted,” he said, “So he is asking us to have everything sorted at the dorm so he doesn't have to do anything but watch over Eun-Jeong when he gets back.”

The two nodded, “We can do that,” Taehyung said as he glanced to Jungkook.

“We can get the laundry done at least,” Jungkook added, “Let's get moving then.”

The two went out of the room, eager to help as they knew how much their hyung was working to look after all of them and Eun-Jeong. He kept on top of everything after the first few days of Eun-Jeong had been there, Jin had stopped them all from helping him. He did things himself. The only time they were able to see Eun-Jeong was when she was out on the play mat to play and then they all got to watch her, though Jin was still rushing around washing her clothes, and getting things ready for the next day.

Namjoon shook his head as he watched them and went to the living room. Glad that the end credits were rolling, he didn’t want to disturb them during their program, “Hobi, Jimin-ah,” he called out as he walked into the room.

“Hey,” Hoseok said as he turned the tv down a little, “you look worried?” he asked him, a slight frown on his face.

“Yoongi-hyung is worried about Jin-hyung. So he’s asking us to sort the dorm out before they get home so Jin-hyung doesn’t have anything to do,” he answered.

“Right, so laundry, tidying up, dinner,” Hoseok said, giving off what needed to be done, “Jin-hyung keeps things tidy most of the time anyway, so there shouldn’t be much to do.”

“Yeah,” Jimin nodded as he stood up, “I can start on clean up with Joon-hyung,” he said, glancing towards Hoseok

“And I’ll make a start on dinner,” Hoseok grinned, “What about Taehyung and Jungkook?” he asked.

“They’re already doing laundry, so going from room to room to make sure they get everything,” Namjoon answered him, a smile on his face, he had a good group, all of them willing to help out.

Hoseok nodded, “All right, let's get to work. I’ll also do up something extra that we can have for lunch tomorrow, so hyung doesn’t have to worry about that either.”

They nodded and split up, doing the tasks that they had appointed themselves. They had all left the studio on time, only waiting for Jin and Yoongi to return home. Jimin had offered to take Eun-Jeong home with him, but Jin had said no in the end. The young dancer had been a little sad at the refusal since he wanted to play with her for a while.

XxXxX

Jin sighed as he got out of the van, picking up Eun-Jeong form her car seat. He had been able to grab his bag, Eun-Jeong and the playpen when the playpen was taken from him, “I can carry that hyung,” came Jungkook’s voice.

“You don’t have to,” Jin started to protest.

“But I’m fine to do so,” he grinned and went towards the stairs that lead to their dorm. The door of the van slammed shut and the two eldest followed Jungkook up the stairs as Sejin started the van and left.

Jungkook took the playpen to its place in the living room and put it away, the play mat was already out in the middle of the floor waiting for the little girl to be set down.

Jin stopped as he smelled food, “Oh, did someone cook?” he asked glancing around.

“We cleaned up, did all the laundry, though there are still two loads left to do, but Taehyung and I are doing that. And Hobi-hyung has also cooked dinner and he also made lunch for us tomorrow,” Jungkook answered him, looking proud and happy that he may have lightened the burden on Jin-hyung for the day at least.

Jin gave a smile to him, “Thank you,” he said as he was taken to the kitchen and made to sit down, Eun-Jeong plucked from his arms and put into her highchair. The meal was dished out and Yoongi and Hoseok took to feeding Eun-Jeong her meal instead of letting Jin do it. A murmured, “Thank you,” came from Jin as they all looked to him and smiled before carrying on with their meal, happy that Jin looked a little relaxed instead of stressed, even though it might only last the night.