Chapter Twelve

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter Twelve

 

Sejin pulled into the carpark of the hotel. Thankfully the hotel that had been booked for them had an underground car parking facility. Though it was mainly because they wanted to keep the boy's arrival a secret and to protect little Eun-Jeong from being spotted again. It was going to be bad enough when they went to the studio for the first of two interviews the two eldest had during their time away. The others only had the one. Jin and Yoon were on two talk shows. One that would start recording in two hours and another that would record tomorrow morning. Both wouldn’t be aired for a little while, but they were to be pre-recorded.

 

“Okay,” he said as he turned to the back seats, Jin was in the back with Eun-Jeong who was crying fiercely and had been for the last twenty minutes of their journey.

 

“I think it was a bit long for her,” Jin said apologetically since the little girl had never had a long car ride like that before.

 

“It’s okay,” Sejin said as he turned to Yoongi, who had taken the front seat of the car that they had been using. “We’ve got an hour and a half before we have to be at the studio, I’ve booked the room that you wanted to share and there should be a travel cot in there as well. I’ve got the room next to you,” he told them as he got out. The other two did the same, with Yoongi going to the boot and grabbing their things. Making sure to pick out the smaller suitcase that Jin was using instead of an overnight bag. He needed the extra room for Eun-Jeong things.

 

Jin got Eun-Jeong from her seat, “It’s okay, I know it was long and boring,” he said as he cuddled her, rubbing her back to try and sooth the cries she was making.

 

“I’ll check us in, wait by the lift for me,” Sejin said as he led the way to the lift to go to the reception desk to check them in. Jin didn’t want to take the chance of going out there, not after the last few days. There had been three more articles come out about Eun-Jeong and he wasn’t happy about it. He had taken to staying in the dorm. Though Yoongi and the others, when they arrived back home the day before, had tried to get him to go out for a moment, even if it was just to the studio.

 

“It should be okay here, Sejin hyung is going to be looking after her during her interview, so we have time to relax,” Yoongi tried to say something that would soothe the nervous he could tell Jin was feeling. This was going to be the first true time out in the public with Eun-Jeong and the elder didn’t want to take the chance of people seeing her. But both knew it might happen.

 

“Okay,” Sejin said as he walked back to them, “we’re all booked in,” he added as he handed over the keys, “You two are in room 403 and I’m in 404,” he told them as he pressed the button for the fourth floor. Grateful that no one had seen the two of them hanging by the lifts.

 

“Shush Eun-Jeong, I know,” Jin started to sooth the little girl as she began to struggle in his arms again. Her crying had died down a little, but she was still anxious to do something else other than being carried around or locked in a car seat.

 

“I’ll make sure the travel cot is set up she can play in that for a bit before we leave,” Yoongi suggested as the lift doors finally opened on their floor. They walked out and headed to the room. Yoongi letting them in. There was one large bed and one smaller one in the room. Instead of the usual two singles bed.

 

Yoongi closed the door and dropped their things near the entrance. Jin went over to the large bed, taking off Eun-Jeong littles shoes he set her on the bed, sitting on the edge of himself. Letting her crawl around a little he kept her from the edge as Yoongi set up the travel cot in the large space in between the two beds.

 

“Done,” he said as he went over to the bed and picked up Eun-Jeong, “Well, let’s let you have a tiny bit of freedom instead of being pulled around,” he joked as he put her inside of it and tossed in her monkey which she had left on the bed. Jin got up and went over to the suitcase, grabbing another two toys that he had brought with him he put them in with her as he got out what was needed.

 

“I’m going to make up her milk, she’ll be needing it during the interview, and I don't want to change things again,” he said, “SInce it will only be for today,” he told Yoongi as he filled the kettle and started to boil it.

 

Yoongi nodded as he grabbed the bags and started to hang up what the two of them would be wearing for the interviews. It wouldn’t do for them to be creased too badly. “Okay, think there is enough to make some coffee?” he asked, he needed to wake up a little more as he looked around the room. The bed was calling to him, long car journeys always made him feel sleepy, and while he had been able to get an hour in the car, he knew that wasn’t exactly restful sleep.

 

“Yes,” Jin said, gesturing to the mugs that were already set out along with Eun-Jeong’s bottle.

 

“Thank hyung,” he grinned, seeing them.

 

Jin smiled back and went back to making the milk and coffee for the two of them. Yoongi wasn't the only one that was tired. He wanted to sleep just as much as well. “I’ll have the smaller bed,” he said as he handed the finished coffee over to Yoongi.

 

“Nah, you can have the large one,” Yoongi protested, though there was an unusual tone in his voice.

 

Jin thought for a moment, realising that since Eun-Jeong had come to live with them, the two of them had shared a bed, “We could… we could always just do what we normally do at home and share?” he hesitated a little, looking to his coffee, not knowing if he should look up.

 

“Well… I’m… I’m kind of used to you being there now. It’s going to be hard to sleep knowing you’re across the room,” Yoongi admitted softly.

 

“Then we share,” Jin smiled, finally looking up. He saw the smile on Yoongi’s face as well, knowing that this is what was causing that unusual tone in the younger mans voice.

 

“Good,” he nodded, drinking his coffee and wincing at the heat, “Hot,” he said, with a slight chuckle.

 

“Idiot,” Jin rolled his eyes, blowing on his own a little before taking a tentative sip.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin looked to the entrance of the studio that they were going to be doing their interview in. He was feeling nervous. He was in the back with Eun-Jeong again and he took a breath. Grateful that there weren’t many people around. “Shall we?” he said as Sejin parked the car.

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi nodded as he got out of the passenger side and looked to Jin as he unbuckled himself and then Eun-Jeong. 

 

Yoongi stood there for a moment before heading to grab the clothing bags that had their clothes in for the interview. He picked them up and went towards Jin’s side of the car.

 

Sejin got out and went around to Jin, “Here,” he said as soon as Eun-Jeong was free, hands held out.

 

Jin reluctantly handed her over, “Right, in the bag are a few snacks, she has monkey,” he said as he gestured to the stuffed toy she gripped tightly as she looked around the strange place that she had found herself in, “Also she’ll be wanting her milk in about an hour. She will get cranky if it’s late, so try and find a quiet spot if we are still busy. If not just bring her to me and I’ll feed her,” he told him.

 

Sejin shook his head, “Jin-ah, it’s not the first time I’ve looked after her,” he reminded him softly, “And don't worry I know what time she needs to have her milk and everything else. If something is wrong you won't be far away from me so I‘ll be able to talk to you,” he told him, reassuring him that Eun-Jeong would be fine with him.

 

“I know,” Jin said, a little nervous, “I’m just worried after everything that has happened.”

 

“I understand that but relax, you have an interview to do, so you need to go and get ready,” he told them as he let the two of them take the lead and head inside. He watched as people looked at them, and then towards him and little Eun-Jeong. He had to admit that it wasn't pleasant for the little girl to be gawked at. He kept her faced away from most of the people around them. Trying to make sure that if anyone took pictures that they wouldn't show her face.

 

“Jin-ssi, Suga-ssi,” someone called out as they came over, “We have our stylists waiting for you,  we also have somewhere for you to change as well,” she told them after giving them a bow.

 

“Thank you noona,” Jin said first, bowing back as Yoongi then did the same.

 

The woman led the way to the dressing rooms. Sejin still following behind them as they started to get ready. Changing into their interview clothes and then being settled down for makeup and hairstyling. The two felt a little uncomfortable because they didn't have their own noonas there to take care of them. This time it was the studio's stylists that had taken over for the day.

 

Sejin played with Eun-Jeong as she started to fuss a little, reaching out for Yoongi and Jin a few times. “It’s okay, they are just a little busy, you’ll be just fine with me,” he murmured softly as he rocked her.

 

When they had finished Jin went over to them and smiled down to Eun-Jeong, “Hey sweetie, don't worry, we’ll be back soon, you be a good girl,” he told her bopping her on the nose with a finger. He wanted to kiss her forehead as he usually did when he had to do something without her, but with the makeup on he didn’t want to get any on her.

 

“We’ll be waiting here for you,” Sejin told them as they then got up and went to the studio floor where they will be introduced.

Sejin watched in the wings keeping Eun-Jeong with him, even though one of the noona’s offered to take her for a little while. He had refused, knowing Jin wouldn’t be happy if he did. He frowned as a number of the questioned kept circling around the little girl he was carrying. He could see the frustration on Jin and Yoongi face as the interview continued.

 

When it was over the two came off and quickly took off their makeup and changed clothes. Neither of them wanted to stay around any longer. The two were extremely frustrated with the interview and the inability of the interviewer to move on from his questions regarding Eun-Jeong. As soon as they were ready to leave, Jin took Eun-Jeong from Sejin and headed out of the building.

 

“It went badly,” Yoongi muttered darkly as they got in the car.

 

“I could hear,” Sejin agreed softly as he started the car up. Glad that they could leave straight away. Normally they would be corralled backstage for a little while longer before they would be able to leave.

 

“All they wanted to know was about Eun-Jeong, we never mentioned her once, but he kept asking,” Jin sneered from where he had a finger held by Eun-Jeong.

 

“At least he gave up towards the end and finally asked the questions that he wanted to in the first place,” Sejin sighed as he headed back to the hotel. He just hoped that the next one would be smoother than that. Maybe he should call ahead to make sure that they knew not to ask about Eun-Jeong as they wouldn't be getting any answers.