Chapter Thirteen

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter Thirteen

 

Jin rested on the bed, Yoongi sitting beside him, though his eyes were closed and the rapper was almost asleep. Jin smiled down at him and then glanced over to Eun-Jeong. The baby girl was fast asleep, finally able to have the nap she had wanted from the moment they left the car park of the studio. Jin closed his eyes, sighing and resting against the headboard. It didn’t take long for him to actually fall asleep. It had been an early day, going out and using the car to travel instead of a train had been even more tiring.

 

Jin and Yoongi both jumped when their phones started to ring. Both of them had taken off the notifications so that they wouldn’t be bothered by them this time. Yoongi reached for his phone first and looked at it.

 

“What is it?” Jin asked him, starting to reach for his.

 

“It looks like someone snuck into the studio while we were there,” Yoongi told him as gently as he could, wincing as he saw Jin freeze.

 

“W… what do you mean?” he asked, as he then grabbed his phone quickly and began to look through it, his hands shaking.

 

“Someo-” he was cut off as Jin made a noise.

 

Jin looked up from his phone, “Someone took a picture of Eun-Jeong. They posted it.”

 

“Let’s have a look, I haven't seen it,” Yoongi spoke carefully, wanting to know what was making his hyung so distressed. Jin’s hands were still shaking as he let Yoongi see.

 

“See!” he exclaimed louder than he wanted to. Eun-Jeong woke startled and started to cry. “Oh I’m sorry Eun-Jeong, my little sweetheart,” he murmured gently as he got up from the bed and went over to her. He picked her up and rocked her, settling back on the bed next to Yoongi.

 

“It’s fine, hyung, she’s okay,” he said, seeing the guilt on Jin’s face at waking the little girl up.

 

“How the hell could someone get into the building, I thought they had security” he questioned. Wondering how many times it could have happened in the past.

 

“I don't-” Yoongi was cut off again, but this time from someone knocking on the door.

 

Yoongi got off the bed as Jin was still trying to calm the little girl down. Eun-Jeong hated to be woken from her nap, especially if it had been delayed for any reason. He went to the door and opened it a crack, signing in relief when he saw Sejin. He opened the door and let their manager in.

 

“Sorry,” Sejin said, “I heard you all moving around,” he told them as he looked to the bed, where Eun-Jeong was finally starting to calm down and was now playing with her monkey.

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi nodded heading back to the bed.

 

Sejin went over to the lone chair in the room, “I take it you’ve seen?” he asked.

 

“Just the picture,” Yoongi was the one to answer, Jin was too occupied with Eun-Jeong to do more than listen.

 

“Well, there is another article out. Some are saying that its proof that one of you have had a child since she followed you there. A few of them are thinking that she is mine and that you’ve been helping me,” Sejin said, he had been a little amused at the last one. “Though that one is getting a lot of hate,” he added, holding back a snort of laughter.

 

“So what are we going to do this time?” Yoongi asked Sejin, though he glanced towards Jin for a moment.

 

“That is, of course, up to Jin-ah, if you want we can release something, if not then we wait on you. We don't want to push you with this, but they are going to be demanding answers all the time now,” Sejin said as he looked at Jin, there was sympathy in his gaze.

 

“Can I… can I have a little time to think about it? I don't want to rush into anything,” he said as he looked up from the now happily playing Eun-Jeong. He was also thinking of his cousin and what she would want in this.

 

“All right, we can leave it at that,” Sejin nodded “I’m going to talk to the studio the picture was taken at. The news reports that it was a fan sneaking in. But I know for a fact that they keep that place pretty secure. So I want to get to the bottom of it, make sure it was a fan and not one of their staff that breached our privacy,” he told them both as he got up, “You can send for room service if you don't want to go out for a meal. I advise doing that for now,” he added softly as he headed for the door.

 

“We will,” Yoongi nodded to him as he left the two alone.

 

“I don't want to say anything because I don't want to bring my cousin's situation to the media. It isn’t right if they start dragging her and Eun-Jeong through things just because I’m looking after her for a while, it’s up to her what we do, not me,” he murmured with a shake of his head.

 

Yoongi hummed, “I get you hyung. I wouldn’t want to do so either, so we’ll try and make the best of this. We leave it be and hope they lose interest,” he said, though he didn’t think that would be happening any time soon.

 

Jin snorted, “Yeah, right, like they would. I can hope but you and I know it won't until they find out what is going on. Big Hit could always release that one of us is babysitting I suppose. But then they will get into why I’m doing so and how long it’s going to go on for. I know it's only been a few days since the first picture was released, but still, they can be like a dog with a juicy bone at times,” he muttered darkly, it was one thing about the media he hated, and that was their love of scandals of any kind. While he loved to talk with his fans, as they all did and interact with them. Sometimes he just wanted the chance to have something of a private life.

 

Yoongi nodded and said, “Well, it’s dinner time, should I order for the two of us?” he asked as he went to see the room menu. It wasn’t often that they were allowed to have room service. Hey all prefered to eat out when away from home.

 

“You know what I like Yoongichi,” Jin smiled softly as he went to place Eun-Jeong on the bed for a bit, to let her roam as much as she was able to in the room. He didn’t feel like it was safe enough for him to let her down on the floor. But as long as he was able to keep her on the bed, she would be fine to wander a little.

 

Yoongi nodded and went to the phone to order for them, and something for Eun-Jeong as well. She was eating the same as them most of the time now, only occasionally would she be eating baby food. But that was more for the convenience of the jars when they were out, or at the studio for a while. He placed the order and settled down on the other side of the bed to wait for it to come. The two talked softly about the interview, both of them annoyed with how it all started.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin rocked Eun-Jeong in his arms, singing to her softly. Yoongi watched with a little smile on his face. Jin has started to sing the baby girl to sleep each night when she had difficulty getting to sleep. Yoongi had been trying to film him since he had found out about the nightly ritual. But the elder always caught him when he tried. This time Yoongi had managed to get the camera out and filming the scene, he had hidden it away so that Jin wouldn’t notice it. The song he was singing came to an end and little Eun-Jeong was finally asleep. He got up and placed her in the travel cot as Yoongi went to grab the phone and stop the recording.

 

“Well, she’s asleep, let's hope that being in a strange place doesn't make her wake up,” Jin hoped as he went over to the bed and flopped on it. Eyes closing as he himself was just as tired as the sleeping baby.

 

“Early night?” Yoongi asked him as he went over to the bed and flopped down on the other side.

 

Jin curled up on his side facing him as Yoongi did the same, “Would you mind?” he asked.

 

Yoongi snorted, “Hmm, staying awake or going to sleep,” he said giving the older a look.

 

“Sleep,” Jin laughed lightly.

 

Yoongi smiled, the two got up and started to get ready for an early night. Jin froze as he was putting on his top and looked to his phone as it began to ring. He quickly dived for it and answered it. “Hello?” he questioned looking to Yoongi in confusion. The number was not one he recognised.

 

“Put it down,” Yoongi told him, worried that a fan had gotten one of their numbers again. It had happened in the past when fans tried to guess their phone numbers and would ring random numbers trying to get one of them. It had worked a few times. And it always meant them changing their numbers, all of them, not just the one that had been compromised. Most of the time if they saw an unknown number they wouldn’t answer, but Jin was too polite at times to ignore a call.

 

“Jin-ah,” came a soft female voice.

 

“Who is this?” he asked softly, not confirming who he was.

 

“It’s Eun-Jeong’s mother, your cousin Yun-hee,” she said quietly, as though she was afraid to speak any louder, “I got your number from your eomma,” she told him.

 

“Yun-hee,” he said, relaxing a little, now knew who it was, “What is it?”

 

“How…. Hows Eun-Jeong doing?” she asked, sounding almost afraid to ask, “I saw the pictures in the media, but… I… I wanted to ask you personally.”

 

“She’s okay, missing you I would say. She cried a lot after the funeral, she wanted to go to you,” he said, still a little angry at her for ignoring her daughter, but he refused to let it bleed into his voice as he spoke.

 

“I know, I… I could hear her. I just couldn’t at the time. I want to see her, I’m not ready to take her back yet, but I want to see her and spend a little time with her,” she said softly. There was so much fear in her voice, it was even shaking with nervousness.

 

“Yeah, I can do that for you, I don't mind watching her for you. She is so adorable, and such a good girl,” he smiled softly as he looked to the still sleeping baby.

 

“I’m sorry for putting you in this position Jin-ah, I tried my best to look after her, but each time I saw her it was as though my heart was being stabbed again and again. I needed some time away, to come to terms with… with San… Sang-Won’s de… passing” she stumbled over the words, trying to explain to Jin what had been happening for her.

“It okay,” he reassured her, “I understand that it's hard,” he said as he thought of something that Sejin had told him, “Sometimes you need that break, and while at first, I found things hard, I really don't mind. She is wonderful to have around at times,” he said, “She's doing well, eating, still hasn't stood up, well, not without one of the others and my help that is,” he said as he started to tell her about all the things she was missing. “I’ve been trying to keep a record and pictures of her as well, to show you,” he added.

 

“Thank you, I’d love to see them when I see her,” she said happily, her voice was still scared, but now as much as before.

 

“I’ll make sure to have them printed for you so you can take them with you,” he told her, encouraging her a little.

 

“I love my daughter Jin-ah, I just wish I hadn't needed to be away from her. I miss her,” she told him. There was nothing but the truth in her words.

 

“I understand,” he sympathised, “I’ll call you again when we are back home, we’re at a hotel at the moment, we have some interviews to do. But as soon as I get home I can tell you when you can stop by and see her,” he told her.

 

“That would be wonderful,” Yun-hee replied brightly, “Thank you Jin-ah, for everything you are doing. I don't know what I would have done without you to help.”

 

“You’re welcome,” he told her.

 

“Give her a kiss from me,” she said to him quietly, “bye Jin-ah,” she finished.

 

“I will, and bye,” he said as the call ended.

 

“Who was that?” Yoongi asked. He had listened to Jin’s side of the conversation and knew that it was to do with Eun-Jeong, but nothing more than that.

 

“My cousins, Eun-Jeong's mother,” he said as he then explained what she had wanted.

 

Yoongi nodded, “Well make plans another time, for now, I want to sleep,” he said as he went over to the bed and climbed in. Jin straight himself out and did the same. It didn’t take them long to fall asleep.