Chapter Seven

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter Seven

The day was over and everyone was going to bed. Eun-Jeong had been put to bed hours before and the place looked normal now. Everything was away, and while the place did look a little more crowded with all the things that belonged to the baby girl dotted around the dorm. None of them could really believe how much had been delivered for Eun-Jeong that afternoon. Jin was tired, the upheaval of the last two days was really wearing on him. He wanted nothing more than to sleep for a few days. Tomorrow would be hard as well. He would be being picked up in the morning to be taken to the funeral. Eun-Jeong would be saying goodbye to her father and she wouldn’t even realise.

Jin lay down on the bed, Yoongi already there and half asleep. The two beds had been pushed together. But as soon as Jin got into bed, Yoongi had moved closer to him and wrapped an arm around him. Jin couldn’t help the little smile on his face as he relaxed and quickly fell asleep.

It had felt like less than a minute since his head had touched the pillow when he was woken to Eun-Jeong crying and sobbing in the crib that had taken them all to put together. Though Namjoon had been given the instructions to it and had promptly, accidentally of course, ripped them and through one of the more important details of the instructions that they had to look online for a copy. Jin got out of bed, moving Yoongi’s arm as he got up and went the few steps to the crib.

“Hey sweetie, what’s all this noise for?” he asked, leaning down he picked her up and held her, rubbing her back to help soothe her cries. She soon settled against him. And Jin knew that she was missing her mother and father again. Yoongi had mentioned this before. That she would cry and scream for them for a while longer as to her it was still new being away from them.

“Missing eomma and appa,” Yoongi said as he got up and went over to them, leaning his head on the opposite shoulder to Eun-Jeong he pulled a little face. Causing her to give a wet and weak giggle. He did it again and again until she gave a little laugh. “Now, you need to sleep little one,” he told her, reaching out and moving her hair out of her eyes, “Might need a little trim if you still want to see,” he murmured at the length.

“Yeah,” Jin said a little smile on his face. He started to sing and rock her, hoping that would help her get back to sleep. Yoongi moved back and watched as Jin worked his magic. Laying her back down the two of them climbed back into bed. Settling together in the middle of the joined beds once more.

“Wonder how long this is going to last for?” Jin asked softly, a worried frown on his face.

“Could be a while, she’s been so used to them, that their sudden absence and constant absence is scary for her,” he said quietly, “Then again I think it would be for anyone no matter the age,” he added with a small frown.

“Yeah,” Jin sighed, wrapping his arms around Yoongi as the younger did the same. The two quickly and easily went back to sleep.  Both of them still tired from all the moving around they did during the day while sorting out the dorm.

XxXxX

Jin gave a nod to his father and mother as they dropped him off after the funeral. He had seen Yun-Hee and had expected her to come over and to at least see her daughter. But she had stayed away, not even able to glance towards him at all during the time they had been together. His mother had told him that she was still grieving for Sang-Won and that Eun-Jeong had a lot of her father's features in her face, so reminded Yun-Hee of her father. 

With one arm holding a crying Eun-Jeong, who had been screaming since the moment she had spotted her mother. The other loosened the tie around his neck and walked towards the dorm. He was exhausted, he had been trying to sooth the little girl since the moment she started screaming. But nothing he did would calm her down. All she knew was that her mother was there and she couldn’t get to her.

“You okay hyung?” Yoongi asked as he opened the door, seeing the car pull up.

“Not really, she’s been crying and screaming for hours. She has thrown up twice. I just can’t get her to calm down at all,” he said, wincing as another wailing scream came from Eun-Jeong. His head was hurting him badly now, having the noise down his ear constantly for the last four hours.

“Here,” Yoongi said holding out his hands.

Jin tried to let Eun-Jeong go to Yoongi but the little girl just screamed even louder and clung that little bit tighter to the jacket he was wearing.  “Looks like a no,” he sighed heavily as he walked into the dorm and went straight to his bedroom. He lay down on the bed. Letting Eun-Jeong free a little as she crawled a little closer and carried on crying while clinging to him.

Yoongi walked into the room almost ten minutes later, a bottle in his hand as he went over to the bed. Climbing on the other side of them, with Eun-Jeong in the middle he passed Jin the bottle, “I did this up, it might help. It should at least soothe . No doubt with all the screaming she has been doing it must be hurting her.”

Jin nodded and took the bottle, “Eun-Jeong sweetie,” he called to her softly as he sat up, pulling her into his lap. She saw the bottle and cried a little but accepted it. She didn’t bother to hold it this time, instead, her little hands grabbed onto Jin’s.

“I take it she saw her mother?” Yoongi asked him, running his hand gently over her hair.

“Yeah, but my cousin, she never even came over, she just ignored us. Ignored Eun-Jeong totally. Even when she was crying and screaming she just walked away and never once looked at her,” he said, shaking his head not really understanding why his cousin wouldn’t even look at her child. He knew what his mother said, but he couldn't’ understand how she could ignore Eun-Jeong at all.

“Well, that seems to help a little,” he smiled softly as he brushed sweet soaked hair from her forehead, “She’s rather warm,” he noted.

“Yeah, it's mainly from all the crying,” he sighed, a tinge of worry in his voice.

“Let's keep an eye on it though,” Yoongi said, still a little concerned.

“Yeah,” Jin agreed easily. His mother had been the one to tell him that it had been from all the crying she had done, as well as the two times she had thrown up.

It took a little while for her to go to sleep, lying her in her cot he covered her in a light blanket and put the baby monitor on. The other part going with Yoongi as he told Jin to shower and change. Yoongi walked into the living room. Seeing five pairs of eyes watching him as he went and sat down.

“So the crying? Is she okay?” Jimin and Taehyung asked together.

“She's fine, sleeping now. But it was mainly because she saw her mother and she wanted her to go to her,” Yoongi explained what Jin had told him.

“Right,” Namjoon said. The other nodded as they went back to the film that they were all watching together.

“It’s nice to have a free day,” Hoseok said as he relaxed back on the sofa.

“Always, normally we wouldn’t get this until after promotions and our comeback stage,” Jungkook agreed from where he was sitting on the floor, leaning against Hoseok's legs.

Jin walked out, towelling his hair as he went over to the sofa and plopped down on it. He was exhausted from the day. Yoongi got up and went to sit beside him. The baby monitor on the end table that someone had put foam edging on to stop any bumps and bruises for the baby when she started walking. Though so far it had come in handy for Namjoon as the man had walked into them several times before, now he had fewer bruises from them. Jin rested his head on Yoongi’s shoulder, the younger putting an arm around him as it took Jin a few more moments before he was curled up against him. Half asleep.

Jimin looked over and smiled at the scene, “Looking cute,” he murmured softly not wanting to disturb Jin, they could all see that he was tired from the funeral, and no one wanted to ask how things had gone.

Taehyung looked over and grinned, camera already in hand as he took a small picture of them. He got an eye roll from Yoongi, but let it go. “Let’s turn it down,” he said as something exploded on the tv and Jin jumped a little.

Jungkook nodded looking from Jin and grabbing the remote that was close to him. He turned it down, so they would still be able to hear it, but low enough that it shouldn’t disturb Jin as he was quickly falling asleep curled up against Yoongi.

XxXxX

Jin was in the middle of cooking dinner a couple of hours after waking up. Eun-Jeong was in the living room with the others. Enjoying her time with them from the giggles that he could hear. And not all of them were coming from Eun-Jeong, but from the others as well. Yoongi was beside him helping to cook, and tasting things as they went along.

“No, you can’t hold her!” came an almost frantic cry from Taehyung.

“What? Why?” Namjoon complained. He still hadn't managed to hold Eun-Jeong yet.

Jin sighed as he looked to Yoongi, the younger gave him a grin and nodded his head for him to go and take care of it. Jin walked into the living room. Taehyung was holding Eun-Jeong away from a pouting Namjoon, who was sat on the sofa. “What's going on?” he asked.

“Namjoon was going to hold her,” Taehyung said, “What if he breaks her?”

“Namjoon won't break her,” Jin said, shaking his head as he walked over to Taehyung and took the baby girl from him and handed her over to Namjoon.

Namjoon grinned as he sat her on his lap, “Hello,” he said as he began to talk to her.

“Well, at least he finally got to hold her,” Hoseok laughed lightly. “That only leaves your Jungkookie,” he grinned to the youngest member of the group.

“Not going to happen hyung,” Jungkook said, shaking his head and waving his arms in front of him.

“You going to have to at some point,” Jin told him as he headed back to the kitchen as he heard Jungkook start protesting and Namjoon doing the same as Jimin had taken the little baby and was holding her out for Jungkook to take her for a moment. He turned just in time to see the shocked look on Jungkook’s face as he held the little girl up, hands under her armpits letting her hang there while they stared at each other. Soon enough the others were all telling him what he should do and how to hold her. Leaving them to it he went back to making dinner. 

Thoughts on taking Eun-Jeong out to the nearby park afterwards for half hour. It wouldn't do for them to keep her in the dorm all the time. It might be fun to be able to get out in the fresh air. He told Yoongi his plan, who quickly agreed that it was a good idea. The fresh air might help her sleep that little bit better on the night also since she would be playing outside instead of always being in and cooped in a playpen or between seven men that wouldn’t let her stray too far from the playmat she had been placed on.