Chapter Five

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter Five

Jin walked into the living room, finding Hoseok holding Eun-Jeong as she cried softly. He went over and plucked the little girl from his arms, “She might be a little hungry,” he said even though they had just had dinner. It had been a little later than normal for the baby girl.

“Okay,” Hoseok said as he and the others all sat back down. They had all tried holding her, expect for Jungkook and Namjoon, though the latter was more because they had been scared that he would end up breaking her. While for Jungkook, he was actually a little scared to hold her and had shaken his head when Taehyung had offered for him to hold her and hope that he would be able to stop her cries.

“Eun-Jeong,” Jin said softly as he settled down. Letting the baby girl lying down she reached out with grabby hands towards the bottle. He let her take it and guide it to . He smiled down at her as she began to drink it down. Pulling it out every now and then to make sure that she was able to breath it didn’t take her long to finish it. “I’m just going to change her and put her to bed,” he said as he got up, carefully not to disturbed Eun-Jeong that much as he went to the bedroom and changed her into a onesie. He realised then that he should have changed her and then fed her. She was now more awake than he wanted. He lay her down and covered her over. Hoping that she could go to sleep. Putting in the baby monitor that had been in the things he had been given he took the other one into the living room with him so he could hear her if she needed him.

Jin walked back into the living room and stopped. He could see that they were all watching him carefully as he slowly started to move again and headed for a chair and sat down. The baby monitor on the small table nearby. “What is it?” he asked, he could see that they wanted to say something.

“You’re sad about something hyung,” Taehyung was the one to speak, “We can hear it when you talk.”

Jin slumped a little in his chair, “Yeah,” he admitted softly. “My eomma is looking for a place for me to stay while I’m taking care of Eun-Jeong. I know that having her here all the time isn’t really ideal. Think about it, she would disrupt everything we do here,” he told them.

“But what is it that you want to do hyung?” Namjoon asked him, ignoring that in most situations a baby would disrupt things.

“Eun-Jeong would distract you all, and me I know. But I don’t have that choice,” he said with a shake of his head. He didn’t really regret taking her in but he had wished that he would have a bit more help in looking after her. He had no idea what he would be doing when he went to practice tomorrow. “So… leaving is the only thing that I can think of doing,” he murmured softly.

“But what is it that you want to do hyung?” Yoongi was the one to repeat the question that Namjoon had asked.  hadn’t told them what he wanted to do, just want he believed he should do.

“I… I don't know,” he said, shaking his head, his voice was beginning to shake.

“Hyung,” Namjoon said as he shared a look with Yoongi, “If you can't answer then say so.”

“I can’t answer, I really don't know,” he said softly, looking down at his clasped hands in his lap, tightening them into fists, he tried to think. His mind too overwhelmed with the situation he now found himself in.

“Let’s sleep on it for now, and then in the morning, you can tell us what you want to do. Just sleep,” Namjoon said softly, regretting pushing Jin too much in trying to answer.

Jin nodded, it was still early but it felt to him that he hadn’t been able to sleep for days. His mind was going over everything repeatedly in his mind. He didn’t want to leave but knew that he should. He would have to leave, there was nothing else for it unless he wanted to disturb everyone in the dorm each morning with a crying baby and her things all over the place. While the dorm they were in now was the largest they ever had, it was still small when Jin thought of all the things that Eun-Jeong needed and that was only for the night. He dreaded to think how much would be delivered tomorrow when he was at the new place.

“Want to play some overwatch?” Jungkook asked Taehyung as he got up from the sofa. Giving a glance towards Jin, he wanted to talk to him but knew that Namjoon would say something if he tried.

“Sure,” Taehyung grinned as he got up. The two walked past Jin, with Taehyung stopping for a moment and leaning down. Hugging him tightly he said softly, “Don’t worry Hyung, everything will be all right.”

Jin couldn’t help the little smile that appeared on his face as he returned the hug, “Thanks Taetae,” he murmured, just loud enough for Taehyung to hear it as he let him go. Taehyung grinned at him and followed Jungkook out of the room. The younger sending a small smile at his hyung.

Namjoon got up and headed for his room, “I’m going to get some work done,” he said going past and placing a hand on his hyungs shoulder.

Hoseok the TV in the room and chose a show that he and Jimin were in the middle of watching. Jin winced at the noise. He got up and headed for his bedroom. He could do a little reading in there. Since it would be quiet and wouldn’t disturb Eun-Jeong as she slept. Also, he didn't feel like he could be with the others at that moment. It hurt too much to be around them. Getting up, he grabbed the baby monitor and walked towards his room.

Yoongi watched him as he went and sighed softly. “Something is bothering him,” he muttered mostly to himself.

“Yeah, but I don't think we’re going to be getting anything else out of him tonight. He’s just too…” Hoseok said, trailing off as he tried to find the right words.

“Closed off, scared?” Jimin took a couple of guesses.

“I think scared fits best,” Hoseok said, “He looks scared,” he nodded as he pictured how Jin was looking in his mind.

Yoongi sat there for a few more minutes. He wanted to give Jin a little time to settle in the room before he went in to talk to him. He gave a sigh and got up. Nodding to Hoseok and Jimin he headed towards his room and opened the door quietly. Jin was on his bed, sitting there watching over Eun-Jeong. He could see what Hoseok was saying, there was fear in his eyes.

“Hyung,” he called out softly as he walked into the room and closed the door behind him.

Jin looked up and gave him a smile, but it didn’t quite reach his eyes. “Yoongichi,” he greeted the rapper, “I thought you would have stayed up a little longer before coming here,” he said softly.

Yoongi shook his head, “Hoseok and Jimin are wanting to watch that program of theirs, you know I don't like it,” he said with a shrug as he walked over to the bed and sat on the edge.

Jin looked to the travel cot and then towards Yoongi, “I’m sorry that she’s in the room with us, I know she might wake during the night. Though I think she’ll sleep through.” His voice was quiet, there was also an edge to it.

“It’s okay, don’t worry about. I don’t really mind,” Yoongi told him, placing a hand on his shoulder. He felt the muscles tense up.

“You should do, I’m bringing something in the dorm that is going to disrupt everything for a while,” Jin said, voice starting to shake as he finally realised what was going on.

Yoongi closed his eyes, this is what he was afraid of. This is what he had been waiting for, “Hyung,” he called out to him, hand still on his shoulder, “She isn’t a something, she is a someone and she needed your help. So you did the only thing a decent person would do and took her in. It’s the best solution to the situation. We don't mind. We understand all about family being important. It's important to each of us. And we are family to each other as well, don't forget that,” he reminded him, his tone gentle.

“Sorry,” he mumbled as he wiped away the few tears that had leaked from his eyes, “I don't even know why I’m being like this,” he said, looking at his hands that were trembling.

“You’ve just been given another life to look after, that is something big, no matter which way you look at it. Something that is changing your life. I know it might not be for long, but it will still be a big change for a few months, and a bit of a shock to know that your responsible for another life that can’t take care of themselves at all,” he pointed out. “I think even I’m a little shocked as well. The others too, but you know, they’ll do their best to be there for you as well,” he said softly as he moved closer to Jin and wrapped his arms around him.

Jin let himself be held. Feeling the comfort the other was giving him, “Sorry for being a mess.”

“It's understandable,” he replied softly, moving his hand up and down Jin’s back, feeling the muscles slowly release the tension that was held in them.

“I… I think I’m going to go to sleep early, I don't know what time she’ll be waking up and I don't want her to wake everyone else,” Jin said as he pulled back.

Yoongi let him go and moved out of the way so Jin could change for bed. It wasn’t late. But he understood the others need to sleep. “I think I might just do the same,” he said, yawning a little as the two changed for bed. Jin climbed into bed and Yoongi did the same. Rolling over he watched as Jin checked on Eun-Jeong once more before he lay down. Yoongi didn’t go to sleep straight away, instead, he was watching Jin as the elder moved around a lot.

An hour had passed and Yoongi finally asked, “You okay?”

Jin turned over to face him, “Just… I feel restless,” he admitted softly.

“Hmm,” Yoongi nodded. He got off his bed and climbed around to Jin’s, “Budge over,” he said as he slipped in beside him.

“What if I have to get up in the night, you’ll wake up,” Jin protested a little.

“Then I wake up and it's my own fault since I’m the one that climbed into your bed,” he pointed out as he lay down.

Jin hesitated for a moment before lying next to him. Yoongi wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him closer. Jin sighed and closed his eyes, body relaxing quicker with Yoongi there. The rapper gave a small smile, closing his own eyes and the two of them fell asleep.

They were woken a few times during the night. The first time had been Jimin and Hoseok as they went to bed, loudly discussing the program they had been watching and arguing over one of the characters. Eun-Jeong had woken up twice. The first time she had woken up she needed to be changed. Jin did it this time, with Yoongi watching. Jin was proud that he had been able to do it, without the nappy falling off, like they would in the dramas where someone would change a nappy for the first time, only for it to fall off when they picked the baby

The second time she had woken up she was crying and sobbing and she only went quiet when she was being held by Jin. Yoongi had told him she might be scared as she was in a new place and with people she didn’t know. Jin nodded and held her, rocking and singing to her softly. It took a little while, but she finally went to sleep in his arms. Laying her back in the travel cot he then went back to bed, cuddling closer to Yoongi, who wrapped his arms around him and held him as the two were finally able to sleep for the rest of the night.