Chapter Six

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter Six

Jin woke early before his alarm had even gone off. He was still wrapped up in Yoongi’s arms. He lay there for a while, letting that feeling of safety comfort him. It was as though the worries he had the day before were nothing but a distant dream. He closed his eyes only for them to open wide as he heard some babbling from behind him. He slowly rolled over, trying not to wake Yoongi with the movement. He smiled to Eun-Jeong as she was sitting up in the travel cot, looking at Jin. 

“EEEE!” Eun-Jeong squealed as she saw Jin was awake. “Baaba!” she called waving her arms towards him.

“Shush,” he said softly as he started to sit up, “Let's not wake Yoongichi okay sweetie,” he told her as he moved towards the cot a little more. He picked her up and lay back down on the bed, letting her sit on his stomach. “You were a good girl last night,” he whispered to her softly.

“She was,” Yoongi said as he opened his eyes, looking from Jin to the baby girl. He reached out and tickled her stomach causing her to wiggle around in Jin’s grip.

“AAahhhhh!” she started to squeal loudly as she giggled.

“She is pretty adorable,” Yoongi said softly as he stopped tickling her.

“Yeah,” Jin said, a soft smile on his face, glancing at Yoongi for a moment before looking back at Eun-Jeong.

“Suppose it’s time to get up?” he asked, remembering that he had left his phone on his side of the room so couldn’t see what time it was.

Jin passed Eun-Jeong to Yoong for a moment so he could grab his phone, “For me yes, she’ll be wanting a bottle and her breakfast soon,” he told him, “Though if you want you can stay in bed a little longer. You have another hour before you have to get up for practice,” he told him, taking Eun-Jeong back from him.

Yoongi shook his head, “Nah, I’ll get up as well,” he said as the two of them started to get up. “You should give her a bath before the others get up, I can fix her bottle and breakfast while you do it. Just a little water in the tub and keep hold of her, she will be slippery. I saw some baby shampoo and body wash in the bags, so make sure to take them with you,” he told Jin as he got off the bed.

Jin looked to the baby girl and then nodded, “Yeah, might be an idea, she’ll be all clean and ready for the day,” he smiled down at her.

Yoongi nodded, “Go on and I’ll sort out some clothes and a fresh nappy for her and leave them on the end of the bed and then get things started in the kitchen.”

Jin nodded, grateful for the help, “Yoongi,” he said, as he had a towel over an arm, with Eun-Jeong sitting there leaning against Jin’s shoulder. “Thanks for the help, I don't think I would have done as well without it,” he told him softly, grabbing the shampoo and body wash and leaving the room.

Yoongi gave a small smiled, “Welcome,” he murmured to an empty room as he went to the suitcase and opened it up. Picking out a little sundress and tights for the little girl to wear, since it wasn’t that cold at the moment, with summer just around the corner. He placed them on the bed along with the fresh nappy and wipes and headed towards the kitchen to finish off his self-appointed tasks.

XxXxX

Jin put Eun-Jeong in the high chair, the front of his t-shirt was wet where she had splashed him while he was washing her. He didn’t mind, and the smile and laugh that Yoongi gave him were enough to really make it worth it. “I’ll feed Eun-Jeong, her bottle in a little bit, let her eat something first,” he suggested, looking a little unsure if that was right.

Yoongi nodded and handed the bowl over to him. Jin sat down and started to feed her. Yoongi sitting on the other side, “Are you going to call Sejin-hyung and Bang PD?” he asked him his voice soft.

“Yeah, I should ask them to come here so that I can tell them what is going on,” he sighed.

Yoongi put a hand on his arm, “I’ll call Sejin-hyung to come round. He can always inform PD Nim about what is going on if that is what you want to do instead,” he told him.

“I can’t keep letting you do things Yoongichi,” he said, shaking his head, “I’ll feed her and then I’ll call him then,” he told him, a fond smile on his face.

“Okay, if you're sure,” he told him, “I don’t mind helping out you know,” he finished as he stood up, trying to hide a yawn as he headed to the counter and mumbled, “May as well start breakfast for everyone.”

Jin watched him for a moment as he started to pull things out for breakfast. He smiled and had to fumble for the spoon he was using as Eun-Jeong had reached out to try and get it “Yah,” he complained, “Don’t do that sweetie,” he told her, moving it out the way and loading it up with food again.

Breakfast went surprisingly fast as the others got up and started helping in the kitchen. Jin was sitting on his chair, Yoongi next to him, feeding him bites of his food as he had his arms full of Eun-Jeong as she drank her milk. He had called Sejin-hyung before feeding Eun-Jeong her bottle and told him to come up to the dorm before they headed to practice that morning. Determined to try and cause as little disruption in their schedules as possible.

XxXxX

Sejin looked at the baby sitting on Jin’s lap, playing with a little monkey as she babbled to it. “So, you have a kid?” he asked, blinking a little as he looked towards Jin. He had just sat down, though he had been guided towards the chair by Namjoon, as he had been a little shocked at the sight of Jin and Yoongi playing with the little girl on the floor in the middle of the living room.

“Not mine, my cousins,” Jin answered him, “her mother can’t take care of her at the moment,” he said as he began to explain what was going on to the bewildered manager.

“Oh,” he said nodding his head, “Are you sure you’ll be able to do this?” he asked him, looking to the young man. It took a moment to realise that he was actually a young man now, not the man in his late teens that he had first been introduced to so many years ago.

“Yes,” Jin nodded, “I know it's going to be hard, but I have to do this, she’s family,” he pointed out, “Also my mother should be getting back to me today about a place to live with her. Since it will be a little hard here at the dorm and it might disrupt things too much here.”

Namjoon sat on the arm of the sofa, looking at Jin, “I wanted to ask you yesterday, but I think everything was a little overwhelming to you yesterday, but what is it that you want to do? Do you really want to leave the dorm?” he asked him. Clarifying at last what he really wanted to know.

Jin looked down at Eun-Jeong, “Well… no, I don't want to leave the dorm, you’re my family, just as much as she is.”

“Then stay Hyung,” Taehyung said softly, he and the others were all standing near the back of the living room, behind Sejin.

“Yeah, we can make it work,” Jimin added, smiling sweetly towards him.

Hoseok nodded in agreement, “We don’t mind her being here, she’s so cute, and well, like you said she is your family, and because of that she’s ours as well,” he smiled. The others all nodding with him in agreement.

“I can clear out my room, it’s small but you should be able to fit yourself and Eun-Jeong in the room as well,” Jungkook offered.

“We don’t want you to leave in other words Hyung,” Yoongi said, a soft smile on his face, still on the floor beside Jin.

Namjoon nodded, “We’ll need to reorganise the dorm a little to fit what she needs, as I guess what’s already here isn’t everything is it?” he asked, giving him a grin.

Jin shook his head, “No it isn’t. This is just what they gave me for the night,” he admitted softly, snorting at the thought of how much more there was waiting to be delivered. 

“Stay hyung,” Jimin and Taehyung begged at the same time. The others all looked at him hoping that he would stay.

“Are you… are you really sure you can put up with a baby that could be as good as gold one moment and then cranky, crying and screaming the next?” he asked them all, looking at them in turn.

“No worse than us on our bad days, especially the kids,” Hoseok said brightly, getting a few protests from the maknae line.

“If… if you’re really sure, then, of course, I want to stay. I don't want to leave you. I never want to leave you guys,” he said softly as he grabbed Monkey before he could fall to the floor as Eun-Jeong was squealing and waving him around wildly. 

“Then it's settled,” Namjoon said with a smile, looking to the others, all of them nodding in agreement. Jin was to stay.

“Okay, I’ll inform everyone that you are all having the next two days off to try and sort out the dorm. Also, to try and figure out what you will need to do with her while you are at practice. The music can get loud don't forget and a baby's hearing is more sensitive,” Sejin said as he stood up. Wondering briefly how he was going to tell Bang PD all of this. He gave a shake of his head, “Good luck because you are going to need it.”

“Yes!” Jungkook called out, “Hyungs staying,” he grinned, he had been dreading the thought of Jin leaving them since the elder had mentioned it. It had kept him up most of the night tossing and turning in worry. He could tell that Taehyung felt the same, as the other had grabbed the nearest person and hugged them tightly, though Jimin was happy to hug him back. He could see the relief on the others faces as well.

“Right,” Namjoon said clapping his hands together, “Let's get organised and see what needs to be done and who should be doing it.”

“I’ll start with my room,” Jungkook said, “so they can move things in for Eun-Jeong,” he smiled as he looked to Jin.

“Don’t worry about that,” Yoongi said, nodding to Jungkook in thanks to the offer, “Jin’s going to stay in our room. We just need to move things around. And maybe get rid of the shelving between the beds,” he added as he started to think of want needed to be done to make the place seem larger for the three of them.

“I need to call my parents as well,” Jin said, “Tell them that I’m staying at the dorm.”

Yoongi nodded, “Come on muscle pig,” he said grabbing Jungkook as he got up and walked towards the stairs to the bedroom, “Going to need your help, and you,” he said looking to Taehyung.

The two youngest members followed the rapper as he had an idea of what to do to the room to make it seem more spacious. A lot of things were going to have to be moved around, but it shouldn’t be too hard to do with the three of them, and maybe four if they could get Jimin to help as well. There was no way that he was going to let Namjoon help.

Namjoon watched them and then turned to Hoseok and Jimin, “Right, let's sort out the living room and make a larger area, some of the things here can be put into storage or got rid of,” he said and then thought of something else, “She’s nine months, so she should be walking soon. We’re going to need to baby proof the place,” he said nodding to himself.

Hoseok and Jimin smiled and the three of them got to work in changing the living room around. Jin watched for a moment before grabbed the folded up playpen and heading towards the kitchen. He put Eun-Jeong in the high chair for a moment as he moved things around to make space for the playpen and then put her inside. Giving her some toys, he then called his parents to tell them the news, before he started to help the others in reorganising the dorm.