Chapter Eight

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter Eight

A car seat for Eun-Jeong had been set up in the back row of the minivan that Sejin drove to the studio and back. Yoongi and Jin had taken to using the back seats to be on either side of her. She had kept the two of them awake again during the night, but that was expected by the two of them after she had seen her mother and had been screaming on and off for hours. She was now a little more subdued, but they believed that might be because she was still feeling the effects of her screaming and crying the day before.

Jin yawned and chuckled as Yoongi’s head flopped against the side of the window, “Yoongi,” he said softly, as he reached around the car seat to shaking his slightly.

“Hmm,” Yoongi said, opening his eyes and glancing around. They were almost to the studio. 

“Sorry,” Jin told him, his voice quiet.

Yoongi glanced over to him, “Don’t worry Hyung,” he said with a small smile, “It was to be expected,” he added, yawning again as he closed his eyes, though he didn’t let himself drift off to sleep like he wanted to.

Sejin parked the van and everyone started getting out. Yoongi grabbed his bag and Jin’s while Jin unbuckled Eun-Jeong and took her bag from the floor. Jimin grabbed the bag of toys that had been brought along while Jungkook picked up the folded up playpen. Jin was settled into the middle of the group, wanting to make sure that no fans caught sight of Eun-Jeong. It was something that worried Jin when he when he had brought up the fact that fans sometimes hung outside of the studio to see them. He didn’t want Eun-Jeong in the media at all. They made their way to the dance studio, as that was their first port of call for the day.

“Right,” Chul-Soon said as he looked to the child and then to the others, “I know we have a little visitor for now. So the music is being turned down a lot, so you’ll have to open your ears a little more,” he told them all as he glanced around the group.

They all nodded and went to set up a small corner of the dance floor for Eun-Jeong’s playpen. The few toys they had brought had been put in along with her favourite monkey, Jin walked over and put Eun-Jeong inside, kneeling beside the playpen he began to play with her for a little while. Waiting until she was more interested in the toys than him. He got up and smiled to the others.

“She should be okay for a while. She’ll get a little hungry in about an hour, but I’ve bought a few snacks for her as well,” he said as he looked to their choreographer.

“Alright, let's begin, so you’ve all basically had a break for the last two days. I want you to go through Fake Love twice, before going back and doing DNA, Fire and Dope once each, there will be no break in between, you’ll be going straight from one to the other. So move quickly,” he told them a slight grin on his face.

The others shared a look, their choreographer liked to challenge them all the time when it came to the routines that they learned. They got into position and the music for Fake Love came through with their voices along with it. They had recorded a soft demo for it to use for practices while they got their lines perfected and ready for the final recording. They started, going through it once, and then the second time. The music for DNA started and they got into position just in time. When the last notes for Dope faded then dropped to the floor, glaring half-heartedly to their choreographer.

“Well, you did okay, but I think you can go longer,” he told them. “Don’t you agree?” he said as he asked the little girl who had been bouncing and clapping along with their dancing since it started. Happy to watch them all, “I think that is a yes,” he smirked to the group of men, glaring at him from the floor.

“Really,” Yoongi said as he flopped onto his back on the hard floor, “Evil, really evil,” he muttered darkly.

Chul-Soon laughed lightly, “Come on, one more time through all four of those and then you can have a little break. After that I want to see a few of the others,” he told them.

They got to their feet and headed into position to start once more. The music came on and they started to move, the movements more fluid than what they had been. All the while Eun-Jeong was happy watching them and clapping at the music that could be heard in the room.

XxXxX

Finally, they were allowed a proper break. They had a small water break, but they had gone through most of their main routines over the last three hours, they had stopped only while Jin had given Eun-Jeong a few snacks to eat. Jin went over to the playpen, grabbing the monkey that she seemed attached to and picked her up and out of the playpen.

“What about a little wander around hmm,” he said as he moved to the middle of the room and set her down. The others all forming a circle around her, so she couldn’t wander over towards the musical equipment.

“He is evil,” Yoongi muttered as he leaned back on his hands, eyes closed.

Jin nodded in agreement, “yeah,” he smiled as Eun-Jeong made her way over to Yoongi and started to crawl over his legs.

Yoongi opened his eyes and looked down at the baby girl, a soft smile on his face as he reached out with on hand to steady her. “Careful,” he warned her. Smiling, even more, when she looked to him, showing a smile with a couple of teeth already there.

“Did you see the looks we were getting from some of the staff as we came here?” Jungkook asked softly, looking from one to the other.

Namjoon nodded, glancing over at Jungkook, “Yeah,” he sighed, “I know that Sejin-hyung warned Bang PD about Eun-Jeong. But they also told a lot of the staff as well. Since we were going to be bringing her here.”

“Hmm,” Jin nodded, he hadn’t been happy about people knowing about her, but he understood that some needed to know in case something happened.

The spent their break, eating a little of the lunch that Jin had been able to do for them and playing with Eun-Jeong while she was out and free to play around. Crawling around she kept close to Jin and Yoongi for the most part. The two had been the ones that had spent the most time with her and she was getting to know them. Back in her playpen the others started up with Not Today and ended with GO GO.

“Glad that's over with,” Taehyung grinned, though there was a large smile on his face.

The others nodded in agreement, seven hours they had been in the dance studio and it was getting stuffy for them. They were sweating badly and wanted nothing more than to sit down and stay down for a while. And then a nice hot shower.

“Shower?” Jungkook suggested after a little rest, the others nodded.

“I’ll stay here with Eun-Jeong for a while, one of you come back and watch her while I shower?” Jin asked as he went over to the playpen and picked her out of it.

“I’ll stay with you,” Yoongi told him as he went over as well, pulling out the toys.

“I thought Sejin-hyung was going to come and watch over her while we have vocal practice?” Jimin asked, remembering what had been agreed yesterday evening when the man had come by.

“That doesn’t start for another hour yet,” Jin pointed out, “so we have time for a shower and for her to have a snack. She still hasn’t had her lunchtime bottle,” he murmured as he remembered the thing was still in his bag.

“Don’t worry about it hyung, she’s going to need a fresh routine with us, so it might be an idea to space it out like this,” Yoongi said as he could see the worry that was starting to work its way onto Jin’s face.

“Erm, yeah, might be an idea,” he nodded as he looked to his bag and grabbed the milk, “I need to warm it up,” he said as he let his head lean against the wall for a moment.

“I packed the bottle warmer,” Yoongi said as he went over to Eun-Jeong’s bag and brought it out. Plugging it in, he took the bottle and let it warm up.

“Thanks, what would I do without you,” Jin smiled gratefully. “I feel scattered,” he admitted softly.

“I know, which is why I checked everything again. And went through the list that I had made,” he told him, smiling as he made his way back over and sat down.

“Thanks,” he repeated as the bottle warmer gave a beep. Crawling towards it, he grabbed the bottle and then let Eun-Jeong settled in the way she liked on his lap as he brought the bottle closer.

“Babababa!” she yelled, making grabby hands towards the bottle.

“Okay, okay,” Jin smiled and laughed lightly as he let her guide it to . 

Yoongi moved a little closer to Jin, watching as Eun-Jeong had one hand on her bottled and the other flexing against Jin’s hands as he helped her hold it, though she was doing pretty well of that on her own. It was just as she finished her milk when the door opened and Jimin and Hoseok came into the room. Their hair was still a little damp, but the towels around their necks showed that they were still drying their hair.

“Right, you can go for your showers and change now,” Jimin said with a grin as he went over and sat on the floor.

Jin got up and handed the baby girl to him, “Okay, she’s just finished her milk so don't jostle her unless you want another shower," he warned, before adding, "and we'll be back in a moment.”

Jin led the way out of the room, Yoongi turned to them just before he closed the door, “Take down the playpen and have everything ready to be put back in the van for later,” he told the two of them.

“Will do,” Hoseok said as he went over and started to put it down, taking out the toys and only leaving monkey out for Eun-Jeong.

It didn’t take long for the others to come into the room, to wait around for everyone together and get ready for vocal practice. They were doing single practices for the most part before practising together, to see how it sounded at the moment. Sejin walked in before Jin and Yoongi arrived back and looked to the group.

“They’re showing still,” Hoseok answered the unasked question as he played with Eun-Jeong, Taehyung and Jimin with him as Namjoon and Jungkook watched. Namjoon pouting a little for being pushed out and Jungkook just watching, still afraid Jimin would make him hold her again.

When Yoongi and Jin arrived Sejin went over to the eldest and spoke to him softly. Jin nodded and went over to the bag, explaining a few things as he did so, pointing to different compartments.

“Right,” Sejin nodded, “and don't worry I’ve looked after my sister's children often enough in the past,” he reassured him, seeing that Jin was a little nervous about letting her out of his sight.

He walked with the group to their vocal practice and then headed into the rest of the building. Talking to some of the other works, and running errands with a baby attached to his hip. He walked into Bang PD’s office after knocking and introduced the little girl to him. The two played with her for a little while until Sejin had to go and do something else. Eun-Jeong behaved for him, a little excited to be around the building as she was.