Chapter Fourteen

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter Fourteen

 

Jin was surrounded as he entered the dorm. They had finished the last interview and had asked to go straight from the studio back to the dorm. Jin wanted to be home, in a more secure place. More pictures had appeared online after they had left as well. Sejin had already asked one of the other managers to try and find out who was posting them. They could ask to take them down on the case that there is a minor in them. But it wouldn’t stop them from circulating much.

 

“Hello Eun-Jeong,” Jimin cooed at her as he plucked the little girl from Jin’s arms and went to the middle of the living room and sat down, letting the little girl on the floor so she could wander around. The others all took up a place on the floor around her to watch. Jin and Yoongi stood in the doorway watching.

 

“I think they missed her,” Yoongi snorted lightly, a quirk of his lips showed his amusement at the sight.

 

“Yeah,” Jin smiled, though it wasn’t a truly happy smile. There was a sad tinge to it. Jin moved away grabbing his and Eun-Jeong's things he took them to the bedroom.

 

Yoongi watched him go with a frown, sighing he shouldered his bag and headed to the bedroom as well. The two sorted out their clothes and and emptied everything out, if they didn’t do it then, it would end up being left until they needed the bags or suitcases again. It wasn't long until they could smell food being cooked and they wandered out of the room. Jin brushing off the questioning looks that Yoongi had been giving him since Jimin had taken Eun-Jeong from him.

 

“I’m going to call Yun-Hee after dinner and tell her to stop by tomorrow,” Jin said softly as he walked towards the kitchen. Yoongi paused for a moment before following him into the kitchen.

 

They settled down, Eun-Jeong was already in her highchair between Yoongi and Jin usual seats so they could make sure she was eating and the conversation quickly picked up. Jin was grateful that the members were avoiding talking about the pictures that had been uploaded on line.

 

“Eun-Jeong's mother has gotten in touch,” Jin said half way through dinner.

 

“Oh?” Jimin said as the others all paused their eating and looked at their hyung.

 

“She wants to come and see Eun-Jeong. She isn’t ready to take her back just yet, but she wants to start spending time with her daughter again as she finishes sorting things out,” Jin told them all, “I’m going to ask her to come here tomorrow evening,” he finished softly.

 

“That's fine, we can all go out,” Namjoon suggested as he looked to the others.

 

“I want to get some practice in any way,” Hoseok said as Jimin nodded in agreement, “We’ll head to the studio for a bit.”

 

“Taehyung and I can go out for a while,” Jungkook glanced to Taehyung who nodded as well, a grin on his face at the idea of the two of them having some free time.

 

“I should get a few things done at the studio as well, so we can all make ourselves scarce if you want us to,” Namjoon smiled at him.

 

Jin smiled back, “Thanks, it will be appreciated,” he told them.

 

Dinner went quiet, each of them thinking about Eun-Jeong and what it would be like to not have her there. Yoongi watched Jin from the corner of his eyes, he could see the melancholy hanging around him and knew that it was because he might be saying goodbye to Eun-Jeong soon. Jin had become attached to the little girl, not that he blamed him. They had all become attached since the air hung heavy with melancholy that had drifted over the group at Jin’s announcement.

 

The meal soon finished and they gathered to watch films in the living room together, Eun-Jeong sitting on Jin’s lap watching them as well until it was time for her milk and then her bedtime.

 

XxXxX

 

Yoongi remained with Jin while the others had all disappeared for the night. Yun-hee should be arriving soon and Jin had dressed Eun-Jeong in a pretty dress that Yoongi had been the one to buy as he saw it while they had been out. Jin had also taken the time to put her hair into pigtails, it was just long enough for them to hold most of her hair now.

 

“Well, don't you look all pretty for your eomma, I bet she will be so happy to see you,” Jin smiled as he tapped her on the nose, causing her eyes to cross as she tried to follow it.

 

Yoongi smiled, “She does look pretty adorable in that dress.”

 

“You made a great choice Yoongichi,” Jin complimented him as he picked her up and took her to the living room. The dorm had been cleaned by them all, and Jin and Yoongi had made food for mother and daughter, should they get hungry. It was nearing dinner time now, and the two men were starting to get a little hungry as well.

 

The doorbell rang and Yoongi grabbed Eun-Jeong from Jin’s arms, “I’ll hold her while you go and answer the door hyung,” he grinned as he went to the living room, talking to Eun-Jeong about what was going on.

 

Jin nodded and headed to the door, opening it he smiled at his cousins, “Yun-hee noona,” he greeted her.

 

“SeokJin-ah,” she smiled back. She was smaller than him, but not by much, her own midnight black hair went down to her waist in the high pony she had it in. She wore comfortable clothing knowing she would be spending time with a baby that would want to do nothing but play.

 

“Come in, I’m here with one of my band mates, but don’t worry. I know you wanted to spend time with her alone, so we’re going out for a while,” he reassured her as she looked a little nervous.

 

“Oh, thank you, sorry to push you all out of your home,” she hesitated softly, “I’ve been moving things into a smaller place. I couldn’t remain in the house were… where he was,” she trailed off, glancing behind him, hoping to see any sign of her daughter.

 

“I understand,” he said, letting her past and waiting for her to take her shoes off.

 

She followed Jin into the living room. Yoongi was standing there, with Eun-Jeong, happily babbling away  in his arms. The little girl looked to her mother and squealed loudly, arms waving as she fought to get away from Yoongi and to her mother. It had been almost five weeks since the two last saw each other, even then, it was only in passing.

 

Yun-hee went closer, there were tears in her eyes as she looked at her baby girl, “Oh Eunie,” she cried as she took her from Yoongi, “Eomma has missed you so much,” she comforted holding her close and closing her eyes.

 

“I’ve no doubt she has missed you as well Yun-Hee noona,” Jin said softly, “You have my number if you need anything. There is food in the kitchen ready for you both, you just have to heat it up. Instructions are on a sheet of paper attached to the fridge.”

 

“Thank you Jin-ah, you didn’t have to go through all that trouble,” she said softly, opening her eyes to look at her cousin.

 

“It was no trouble, call if you need something all right,” he reminded her, giving a wave to Eun-Jeong who was too busy babbling at her mother.

 

Jin and Yoongi left the dorm. Jin felt a little odd not having Eun-Jeong with him. He had never really left her behind. He walked along the street slowly. Yoongi watching him, “Let’s get some dinner ourselves hyung,” Yoongi suggested as he grabbed his arm and began to pull him towards the restaurants that were nearby.

 

“Yeah,” Jin said, “may as well eat first and then do who knows what,” he shrugged sounding a little lost.

 

Yoongi got them a table and they ordered. It wasn’t the first time they had been to this particular place, but it had been a while since hey had chance to. Jin wasn’t paying attention to anything as he looked around. Yoongi tried to get him to talk a little, but the elder said nothing. Yoongi paused for a moment as food arrived and then changed the conversation to other things. He could see that Jin wasn’t in the mood to talk about Eun-Jeong or Yun-Hee.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin walked in front of Yoongi for a moment. Deciding to go to a nearby park to walk around it as they waited to be able to go back home. Yoong stood still and waited for Jin to notice he wasn’t with him. It took another few steps for the other to turn to talk to him.

 

“Yoongichi, what're you doing?” he asked as he started to walk towards him.

 

“Something’s wrong and I think I know what it is,” Yoongi said softly.

 

“Hmm,” he frowned, “Nothing is wrong.”

 

“Eun-Jeong, you’ve been thinking about her leaving us,” he concluded softly seeing the sadness in Jin’s eyes become more pronounced.

 

Jin sighed looking away, “Yes, I… I’m going to miss her when she goes. I’ve really enjoyed looking after her, spending time with her. I know it's not all been good but it's… it has been nice,” he said, a soft smile on his face.

 

Yoongi nodded as he walked over to him, “I know, we all are going to miss her.” He wrapped his arms around him and held him for a few moments, “I know one thing though when the time comes you’re going to be a good father.”

 

Jin snorted, “Maybe.”

 

“Not maybe hyung,” Yoongi told him, “You take care of us all and have done since the start, and with Eun-Jeon, she adores you. So I know, when the time comes, you’ll be a great father.”

 

Jin nodded and let it go changing the subject a little as they started to walk around, finding a place to sit and talk until they headed back for home. They had been out for almost three hours by the time the dorm came into view. Jin frowned as he saw Yun-Hee sitting on the steps leading up to it, sobbing brokenly.

 

He ran towards her, “Yun-Hee?” he queried, wondering what was going on. The door to the dorm was opened and all he could hear was screaming and crying coming from inside. “Eun-Jeong?” he said as he then ran towards the dorm, ignoring the sobbing woman.

 

Yoong rushed over and saw her. “What happened?” he asked her.

“I… I tried and I thought I could do it, but all I could see what him. It’s like he is haunting me,” she said, tears rolling down her face. “I tried to call you but I couldn’t find my phone, I was panicking and couldn’t find and I had to get out of there and I…” she stopped breaking down even more.

 

Yoongi grit his teeth as he placed a hand on her shoulder, “Stay here for a bit alright. I’ll go and make sure everything is okay and find your phone for you.”

 

She nodded and Yoongi leaves her and goes in. Jin was walking around the middle of the room. Eun-Jeong in his arms screaming and crying as she clung to him. Yoongi nodded at him, as he went to find the phone. It didn't take him long to find it on the floor, partially under the sofa. He returned it to Yun-Hee, who was apologising over and over as she waited for a taxi she had called to take her home.

 

Yoongi went back up the stairs to the dorm, “She okay?” he asked as Eun-Jeong had stopped her crying for the most part and was hiccuping as she huddled against Jin. He walked over to them, wrapping one arm around Jins’ waist and the other he placed a hand on the back of Eun-Jeong and rubbed her back along with Jin.

 

“I think I’m going to feed her, bath her and then see if I can get her to sleep,” Jin said quietly, looking pained as he glanced down at Eun-Jeong, her face was red and tear stains marred her cheeks.

 

“You bath her and I’ll get a bottle ready for when you’re done,” he said, heading towards the kitchen.

 

After feeding Eun-Jeong her bottle, Jin tried to get her to settle down. Every time he tried to lay her down she started to cry, refusing to let Jin go. Holding her and rocking her again and again, a third song and then a fourth. Jin sang her to sleep, finally she was sleeping, her eyes closed, but her cheeks still red from it all and stains once more on her cheeks.

 

“I can’t put her down,” Jin murmured softly, “She starts to wake up when I try,” he added, glancing towards Yoongi who was seating on the edge of the bed watching.

 

“Then settle on the bed for a bit, I’ll tell the others that it's fine to come home just to be quiet,” Yoongi said, getting off the bed to do so.

 

Jin settled on the bed, listening to Yoongi on the phone. Ending the call he climbed back on the bed, smiling at Eun-Jeong and then at Jin Yoongi explaining what little he could get from Yun-Hee before she left. Jin and Yoongi spent the rest of the night awake, Eun-Jeong protesting and waking when ever she felt she was about to be put in her crib. A hand clinging onto Jin’s top throughout the night.