Chapter Ten

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter 10 

Jin was on the floor, Eun-Jeong crawling towards him as she had grabbed a toy from the other side of her playmat to show him. “That's nice Eun-Jeong,” he said to her as soon as she waved it in his face. He looked up as he heard the doorbell go. It wasn’t often that they had visitors, to be honest, the only ones they got was Sejin-hyung and their family when they stopped by. Which wasn’t that often. 

Hoseok raced towards the door shouting as he went, “I’ll get it!” 

Jin waited as he heard whoever it was talking quietly with Hoseok. He watched the dancer come in and asked, “Who was it?” 

“Need the others, are weekly schedule is out,” he grinned as he went to the stairs and shouted, “Hey, everyone, living room!” 

Sejin took that moment to come into the living room, greeting Jin with a nod as he went and sat down on the sofa, “How is she?” he asked, as he gestured to the little girl who was watching him. 

“Doing okay, no more waking up in the middle of the night crying for her mother. Though I find that disheartening,” Jin said softly, a pained expression on his face, “I don’t even have any pictures of her parents, so I don't have a way to remind her. And my parents have said not to,” he sighed, “She’s going to forget them soon, and I don't want that to happen. Because when it comes time to go back to her mother, she might not recognise her,” he added quietly as he grabbed monkey after she flung it when she had been waving it towards Sejin. 

“Baaaaa!” she squealed as she hugged it tightly, looking towards Jin. 

“You're a cutie, aren’t you,” he grinned tapping her nose. 

The others gathered in the room and Jin pulled Eun-Jeong onto his lap, making sure that she was out of the way of any feet. Settled they looked to Sejin and waited for him to tell them why he was there. They knew that they were getting closer for their comeback now, and they were eager to get started on things. Their MV still needed to be filmed, as well as promotions, which should be starting soon. They were almost ready to do the final recording of their song. 

“Okay,” Sejin said as he looked to them all, he smiled as he was reminded how much they had grown since he had become their manager, “So for the next week we have promotions going on. Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok, you’ve been asked to do a variety show. You’ll be away for two days for that. Namjoon and Taehyung have been asked to do a radio show and to chose a couple of their favourite tracks from other groups,” he said as he faced the other two. 

“Right, are we going to be out for a while as well?” Taehyung asked him. 

“Yes, another two days, you’re going to be all over the place for these,” Sejin admit, “Jin and Yoongi, you’ll be leaving in three days for a talk show, just as the others get back. So you have today to rest up and get yourselves ready. I’ve got more information in these for you what would be expected from them. But you know what they are like for changing things at the last minute, one of the managers will be with each group,” he added as he handed over the information packets that he liked to prepare for them all. He didn’t want them to be caught off guard. 

“Okay,” Jimin said with a nod as he reached out and took his, opening it up he began to read, as the others all did the same around him. 

“No Eun-Jeong, you can’t have that sweetie,” Jin said as the little girl tried to scrunch up the paper inside. 

Yoongi glanced over and said softly, “I can hold her for a moment while you read?” 

“No, it’s okay Yoongichi,” he smiled to him and moved Eun-Jeong a little so he would be able to read the information without the little girl trying to scrunch it up. A few protesting sounds came from her, but she was so engrossed in her monkey and Taehyung who was nearby pulling faces at her. 

“When these interviews are over you’ll then have just over a week before filming starts, yes it was moved up, so that week you will all be practising hard. Jin,” he said as he then looked to the eldest, “I’ll be around to watch Eun-Jeong for you while you practice. You’ll be working a lot harder during that time, so I will even be looking after her here, since you may be practising late into the night,” he told him, warning him. 

“Oh,” Jin said as he looked to the little girl, “I…” he trailed off, not know what he should say. He really didn't want to burden Sejin with looking after Eun-Jeong at all, but with filming coming up they would need the extra time so that they could make sure it was perfect and that there were as little mistakes as possible. 

“I’m really excited for this,” Hoseok said, the others grinning. They all enjoyed the filming, even though sometimes they were doing things they didn't really like. 

“We all are,” Jungkook grinned back, he went back to reading the information again. 

“Well, we have three months until it will be released,” Namjoon reminded them, “So we won't be able to tell what people think of it until then,” he pointed out. It was one thing that always made them all nervous, was after the filming was done, it was the wait for it to be released and to see the thoughts of ARMY. 

“Stop being a downer hyung!” Taehyung admonished him, a grin of his face, “We’re looking forward to this, we always do, you know that,” he laughed. 

“I’m just saying,” Namjoon protested. 

“We know Joonie,” Jin said as he glanced towards him, “but let the brats be happy,” he teased. 

“Hyung!” came the protests from the maknae line and Hoseok. 

“Right, get to know your schedules and what you need for them and I shall see you all soon, you have today off to get yourselves ready to leave tomorrow, don’t forget,” Sejin laughed lightly at them as he stood up. 

“Thank you,” Jin said as he got up, Eun-Jeong going to his hip as he went to see the manager out. 

“Jin,” he said as soon as he finished putting his shoes back on, “I want you to know that it’s okay to rely on us a little. I’ve noticed that you don’t let me watch her during vocal practice anymore. You need to be aware of your limits. Don’t push yourself to do everything yourself. Doing so will harm you and this little one in the end,” he warned him gently. 

Jin nodded, “It’s just, she’s my responsibility, I need to be the one to take care of her, and always asking someone else to watch her, well, it isn’t right,” he said as he shook his head. 

“Jin-ah,” Sejin said, placing his hands on the younger mans shoulders, “It is fine. All parents will ask someone to watch their child at some point. I’ve looked after my sister's kids enough to know that,” he smiled, “Everyone needs a break to have fun and relax. You also take care of the dorm and the others most of the time. No one asked you to do that, but you took that on as well. I know, your the eldest, but you should have a break occasionally. They would love to watch over Eun-Jeong as you take time for yourself,” he reminded him gently. 

Jin’s shoulders slump, “I can try, I just… I just don't want to burden them with my problems.” 

“I know that, and so do they. You are having a day off today, not because you need to be ready, but because they asked so you could rest up a little after working so hard over the last four weeks, almost five weeks,” he told him the truth, “Now don't tell them I told you, they wouldn't be happy with me,” he said as he gave a glance towards the living room. 

Jin sighed and then gave a slight nod, “I’ll try,” he told him. 

“Good, now when it’s practice time, I’ll be taking little Eun-Jeong for a tour of Big Hit next time, and I know Bang PD would like to see her again,” he smiled as he tapped Eun-Jeong’s nose and waved to her, “Bye Jin, and take it easy for a little while,” he added as he left the dorm. 

Jin closed the door and walked back into the living room. His mind going over the words that Sejin had said. He went back to where he had been sat and settled down on the floor once more. Letting Eun-Jeong free to wander around. 

XxXxX 

Jin looked through the cupboards making a list of the things they had run out of, which was a lot. He hadn’t done more than the basic shopping in a while. He sighed, he would have to go so he could cook that night. “I need to go shopping, need to get a few things in for tonight and for the next few days until we can do a large shop again,” he said as he walked into the living room. Jimin and Taehyung were on the floor, playing with Eun-Jeong, trying to coax her into standing up, she was ten months old now and both of them were adamant that she should start walking soon. 

“I can go with you hyung,” Yoongi said as he got up. 

“Thanks, we should take Eun-Jeong with us, it’s been a while since she was able to get out for more than a quick walk to the park and back,” Jin said as he went over to the little girl and plucked her away from two protesting singers. 

“Hyung, we can watch her here?” Jimin suggested, pleading look aimed at Jin. 

“We could even take her to the park,” Taehyung added, looking hopefully up at his hyung. 

Jin shook his head, “Another time,” he told them, even though the words that Sejin had said swam in front of him, he couldn’t quite let them take hold and let Eun-Jeong go with them just yet. 

“Are you sure, we don't mind watching her as you go to the shops hyung,” Jimin tried once more, hoping that he would be able to watch little Eun-Jeong. He adored the little girl, but then again so did the rest of Bangtan. 

“No, really Jiminie, I’m fine taking her with me, and it would be nice for her to get a little fresh air,” he told him, a little smile on his face. “Thank you for offering though,” he added as he walked from the living room and towards his bedroom. 

Jin got himself and Eun-Jeong ready as Yoongi did the same. The two eldest stopping the others from joining them as they soon left the door, Eun-Jeong in a pushchair, monkey tightly in her arms as they headed towards the local shops. The two knew if they all came it would be too much of a hassle. Though there was a small temptation to let another of them come along, just to help carry the bags when they finished. 

They walked in and Yoongi grabbed a trolly, knowing they would be getting enough to fill it partway at least. They went around, adding things and debating what they should get along with what was on Jin’s list. It was as they were leaving the shop that a few fans spotted them. Jin and Yoongi didn’t notice them, to busy trying to carry what they had brought, the had loaded up the pushchair as well, with a few of the heavier bags but even then they still had a few they couldn't add to it. 

“Shush,” Jin said softly as he handed monkey back to the crying Eun-Jeong. “Okay, shall we get going?” he asked Yoongi who was opening a packet of something and handing the little girl one to chew on. 

“Yeah,” he nodded, picking up the bags he was to carry. The three of them went back to the dorm, oblivious to what was going on around them as fans watched them in fascination.