Duet: Part 5

#Taejeong Imagines

Jimin knocked on Taehyung's door softly. He pushed it open to see it in complete darkness. He sighed softly and walked to his bed and lay next to Taehyung. 

"What's wrong? You haven't eaten dinner or been talking lately."

Taehyung shifted and sighed, "I just wish I hadn't kissed her on stage. I don't know why I even agreed to work with her again." Jimin turned to him,  "Haven't you been on social media these days?"

"No. I'd rather not see it." Jimin sat up and the lights and Taehyung squinted and covered his head. Jimin brought his laptop over and typed in the password. He handed the computer to him, "Look!" 

"I don't want to." 

Jimin rolled his eyes and pulled off the covers. He placed the laptop in front of him, "It's not as bad as you think it is. It's mixed reviews but mostly positive." 

Taehyung began scrolling through to see mostly shocked articles. There were a good amount of criticism but a lot of fans were surprisingly supportive of the performance.

"Have you called Sujeong since?" Taehyung shook his head innocently and Jimin threw his head back,  "I can't even get mad at you."

He handed him his phone, "She's probably worried. Call her." 

Taehyung put the laptop aside and opened his phone. He saw a message from Sujeong from almost every day since the performance. He called her and leaned against the chair. 

He pouted as her voicemail came on. "She didn't answer."

"She's probably busy. You need to stop sulking and get to work." Taehyung nodded and went to his closet to pick an outfit. Jimin left the room and the other members applauded him. Namjoon winked, "As expected of the soulmate." Jimin rolled his eyes grinning, "Whatever."

~~~

"Taehyung-ah! You have a guest." Taehyung looked at the computer screen as he adjusted the pitch of his newest song. The door opened and he frowned as he heard silence for a while. 

He turned around and jumped in shock, "Oh Sujeong!" 

She waved shyly and he turned around quickly and drank some water in a panic. He took a deep breath and turned back around. "Are you okay?" 

She nodded and he smiled, "That's great. So, what did you come by for?"

She leaned forward, "I wanted to ask you for a favor. I want you to make me a song." His eyebrows raised in surprise, "Me?" 

She nodded, "Yeah. My company is planning a solo album for me soon and I wanted you to make me a song so we can collaborate together again." 

He thought for a moment, "Did you discuss it with Bang PD?" 

She nodded, "Our managers are discussing it now. I wanted to come to you first to ask your opinion." He nodded and went into his files, "Is there a specific style or anything you want? Is there a concept or something?" 

"First love." 

His hands froze and he nodded, "Okay. Is there a specific genre or story for the lyrics?" 

She stood up and walked closer to his chair, "Can you play me something kind of RnB? That matches my voice?" 

He began opening files. A soft hum came out from the speakers and she bopped her head along as she listened. 

He played a few others and her manager walked in, "Sujeong I'll be back for you in two hours okay?" Sujeong shook her head, "I'll take a taxi back." 

"You sure?" She nodded and her manager raised his hands in surrender, "Okay but call me if you want a ride at least thirty minutes in advance."

She smiled, "Okay!" He bowed to V and closed the door quietly.

"Now let's get to work," she said excitedly.

 

Taehyung handed her a notepad and pen as he held his own, "How long do we have to work on the song?" "Three months." He nodded, "Okay. I think that's a good amount of time." 

He tapped his pen on his chin, "Is there a story or anything you want to tell about it?" She nodded, "First love through the years maybe? Like if I had a first love at 5, it's different from when I'm 15 right? I want to use planet's or stars as symbolism too." 

He chuckled as he wrote, "It's really good. Anythong else on your mind?"

"Yes." 

He looked up and she rested the notepad down, "Why did you kiss me?" He coughed in surprise and jumped out of his seat, "I'm going to get some drinks!"

She watched him as he walked off and sat back. "This is going to be hard."

~~~

Taehyung returned with sodas and a few snacks. "Jimin bought these for us." 

She grabbed a chip, "I'm not ignoring the subject." He sat down in his chair then nodded, "We should talk about it." He felt his face heat up as he made eye contact and turned his head, "I feel shy." 

She laughed and pressed her hands against her own cheeks and cleared , "I was scared. Afterwards I mean." He looked at her, "I wanted to ask how you were doing." 

She sat back, "I was anxious for the first few days but fans surprisingly took it better than I thought they would." He nodded, "They did. But some fans are still split about it." 

"That's expected. But what isn't expected is you kissing me." He rolled his eyes grinning before leaning in close to her, "Did you hate it?" 

She glared at him and fanned her face, "Stop flirting with me and tell me why." He nodded, "I'm not sure. I wanted to tease you at first, but afterwards I realized I really wanted to."

She coughed as she reached for a drink, "So that means you like me?" He shrugged, "We don't know each other well enough to say like but I enjoy spending time with you." 

She smiled, "Me too." He handed her a candy, "How about we hang out some more over the next few months and see what happens." 

"I think I'd like that." 

He nodded and picked up the notepad, "Now let's start brainstorming."