008 [#NP: Sunny Side]

Rainy Blue

FINAL CHAPTER
 

Year: 2045

Jinri took a deep breath. "I'm s-scared. I don't think-" Jinri's husband made Jinri to face him, "Hey, remember the day I confessed to you? The day I got drunk and mistook Woojin's phone as mine? I was scared too, scared that I would be rejected. But guess what? Someone told me that chances are made for us to make a way for the path we choose, and fear is like a signboard that lead you to the wrong path. Instead of turning back Jinri-ah, face that fear and walk towards the one you love, after all, love defeats all." Jihoon smiled at Jinri's relieved face hearing her husband's words. "Erm, hello?" Both of them turned to Jihyun, their daughter that they ignored for a while poking both of them. 

"Okay, let's go?" Jihyun asked and the two nodded, walking towards the stairs that lead them to Jihyun's uncle, Jihoon's brother-in-law and Jinri's beloved brother, Jinki.

 

Year: 2019 [JANUARY] [PLACE: SEOUL]
"Jinri-ah, you should at least have breakfast." Jihoon knocked the door. Jinri had been locking herself in her room for days, only went out to have a late night snack where her mom was asleep. Right after the concert, she had no words to describe what she was feeling. She was mad the fact that her brother knew about it and acted fine infront of her but at the same time she felt guilty, for not taking the step to call her brother on his birthday. Jinri and her mother was supposed to be at Seoul for Jinki's enlisment but the flight delayed that they could not make it. Ever since then Jinri locked herself in her room, not wanting to come out. "Jinri-ah.." Jihoon sighed. "Please don't do this, you are hurting yourself." Jihoon knocked again but getting zero respond from Jinri. "It had a year since I last saw you, I miss you and I still love you." after a while, a sound of unlocking was heard. Slightly turning the door knob, Jihoon opened the door.

 

[MARCH] [PLACE: SEOUL]
"After their leader enlisted, another member is going to enlist this upcoming May, SHINee's Main Vocal, Jonghyun! It was also confirmed by Jonghyun himself that he will be holding a concert before enlisting! We wish for the best to him! And speaking about SHINee, their leader who enlisted on December last year confirmed the rumour about the divorcement of his parents due to different lifestyle. We were sorry to hear such news but we wish the best for both parties. Next news...."

 

[APRIL] [PLACE: SEOUL] 
"Jinri!" Jonghyun gave Jinri a big hug as Jinri entered his studio. "Hi oppa, long time no see." She chuckled. Jonghyun smiled at her before saying words that made her bursted into tears. "It must have been hard enduring it." Jonghyun gave her another hug but this time, it was more like a comfort hug. "It's not your fault Jinri-ah. You've done so much." Jinri cried as she hugged Jonghyun tightly. Beside missing her brother, she missed the members too. She missed seeing the fights between Minho and Jonghyun, which she called the 'Tom and Jerry' of the group, Kibum's savage nags that will eventually cheer her up and not to forget Taemin's ridiculous act of wanting to be rebellious. She missed them. "It's okay, you did well." Jonghyun wiped Jinri's tears.

Jinri smiled, "You look good in the mv, oppa, with your white hair." Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and chuckled, "You could have seen it with your bare eyes. I loved my hair and it was one of the best hair colour I had last year. I even thought of doing it again but I'll be shaving my hair soon, so, yeah." Both of them laughed. "Take care in your journey, Jjong oppa." Jinri smiled. Jonghyun slightly nodded and patted Jinri's head.

 

[DECEMBER] [PLACE: SEOUL]
'Lee Jinki's 2 lines update: Shawols! Thank you for the wish, I'm doing fine here and I hope all of you are doing fine too! and thank you for the letter, jinri-ah!'
[in case you guys doesnt know, this is how the soldiers let their family know about their well-beings while being in the army, through '2 lines update']


To: Oppa
Dear Jinki oppa, first of all I would like to tell you about me being the top in college. Your sister is now a college student, aren't you proud of me? Heh. I'm 20 years old now, I'M OLD, but of course not as old as oppa. Thank you for always being there for me, thank you for never giving up on me and thank you for always trusting me. Please do know that I'm here rooting for what ever you are going to do next, whether it is to continue your journey as a singer or not. No matter what is it, please do know that I'm here to support your decision. It must have been hard being on stage for 10 years and moreover a leader. You did well oppa! I'm sorry for the things that I couldnt do for you, I'm sorry for not being the caring little sis you always had in mind. I'm sorry, especially about the day where I gave up on calling you. I didn't know you were there. Do know I love you so much that I will not give up on you, so never give up on me. We will surely meet again one day and I promise when the time comes, I will be wearing the colour you like the most. I love you oppa. Last but not least, happy birthday! 
From: Your bae, eh, heh.

By the time Jinki ended his duty in 2020, Jinri had already moved to France to further her studies along with Jihoon, leaving her mother with Jihoon's parents. 

 

YEAR: 2045
"I cant wait to meet uncle!" Jihyun whispered as they stood before the door of Jinki's office. Jinki is the founder of Shining Entertainment with 4 CEOs that helped him to build the company, which obviously the other 4, I know you know who. Jinri took a deep breath as Jihoon knocked the door. "Come in." Jinki's voice was heard. Jinri smiled and slowly opened the door, revealing Jinki who was shocked seeing his sister.

"Long time no see, oppa."