002 [#NP: Your Scent]

Rainy Blue

CHAPTER 2


YEAR: 2045
“Omma’s older brother? I didn’t know omma has one!” Jihyun exclaimed in the car. Her parents smiled as both of them faced each other. Jihyun’s father took Jihyun’s mother’s hand and gave it a peck. “It’s a long story, Jihyun.” Jihyun’s father stated. “Indeed, a very long story.” Jihyun’s mother, Jinri said as she faced the window and took a deep breath before breathing it out slowly.

 

YEAR: 2015 [6 MONTHS LATER] [SCHOOL: ENDED] [PLACE: SEOUL]
: Hellooo?
: JINRIIIIIII-AHHH
: Oh my gos- THAT’S TOO LOUD OPPA /jinri laughed
: I miss my babyyyyyy. How’s school? Are the ‘Park’ guys treating you well?
: Heh, I miss you too oppa. School is fine. And for your information, they’re called Park Jihoon and Park Woojin, not the ‘Park’ guys.
: It’s much more convenient calling them by that okay. I’m still wondering why aren’t you friends with girls in your school.
: Whatever you say. /Jinri chuckled/ Oppa, you do know that I’m SHINee’s Onew little sister, the leader of SHINee, and if I were to be friends with them, they would probably just use me to meet oppa. So nu uh.
: I agree with and that’s why I’m letting you befriends with the two ‘Park’ guys.
: Once again, it’s Park Jiiiihooooon and Park Woojjjiinnnnn
: OKAY FINE. Anyway, how’s mom? Is her condition any better?
: She’s getting better. Dad took her to the clinic today and they will go back to Jeju by this Friday.
: And you’re going to be alone afterwards again. /Jinki sighed/
: Aey oppa, I’m used to it, heh.
: /5 more minutes and we’ll start to shoot! -PD/ I think i need to go nowww
: Okayy oppa, have fun while shooting!
: Okay little sis. Take care, love you.
: love you too oppa. 


And their short conversation in the phone ended. After Jinki’s wounded legs healed, SHINee had another comeback as a whole. Despite his schedule that was filled with variety shows, music shows, and even a drama shooting, Jinki always find a time to check his sister’s condition. Being an idol for almost 10 years, he managed to split his time nicely, which kind of made Jinri felt less lonely. Ever since Jinri turned 15, their parents moved to Jeju due to their father who owned a business in Jeju. Jinri who only left with one year of middle school, she decided to finish it, rather than moving to Jeju to a new school. But who knew she got offered to Jinki’s high school that provide scholarship and that’s the reason for her not moving to Jeju for high school. 


Jinki always put his sister first before anything, even if he had a packed schedule, he would always find a time to have a chat with his little sister. With a promise that he made to himself for Jinri, he promised not to let Jinri experience the same feeling of emptiness, the same feeling of loneliness.