6. Memories

What's life ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6. Memories

Our mind was made to remember all the things happen within our life.

Bad things

Good things

Everything.

We can forget some memories that are not to important, but when it comes to something that happens so impactful to our life, we will never can forget about it.

We can’t choose to keep or to delete a memory.

Our brain will always store it for us,

so someday we can see it again.

The amazing part is, we not just can see it, but we also can feel it.

We can feel again the happiness of our childhood birthday parties, the joy when our parents brought you to your favourite toys store, or maybe the excitement when you and your friends runaway from school.

But..

We also can feel all the sadness and the pain from the past.

The pain when we accidentally cut our hands, or when we fall from our bike, and even…

The pain when we need to hide our feeling from someone we care the most.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

29 December 2018

“This is your last chance chaeng. Who the hell is she?”

I sighed.

I’m trapped. I don’t have any choices, mina is mad, and the only thing I can do is to do what mina wants.

And what Mina wants right now is my answer.

“She is…”

.

.

.

“She’s my ex.”

 

“Oh.. That’s the girl?”

“Yup, and you know why I don’t want you to know her, mina.” I said then I hung my head low since I’m not even dare to face her. Mina knows the story, about me and nayeon unnie, but I never show mina her face, i just want to keep this as a secret at first.

It was all because I lose a game which punishment is the damn truth or dare. She asked me if I have an ex, and yeah.. I told her everything cause I lose that damn game.

“I’m sorry, chaeng. I don’t know it was her.”

She said sorry? She’s not mad at me?

“I thought she is just a friend of yours, and she looks really friendly.”

I sigh.

It is also my fault in the first place actually, why should I run away from her just because I was too nervous after Mina wiped my lips to clean it.

“Hey, I am sorry.” She said again since I didn’t give any respond to her first sorry.

I nod my head, and give another sigh. My head still looking at the ground, with my brain thinking what should I do to fix this situation. I was planning to have a fun night with mina, but it is now ruin because I accidentally meet nayeon unnie.

“Should we go home?” mina asked with her soft voice. Her hand reaches my shoulder and start caressing it to calm me down.

“Nah.. If you still want to walk around here I’m okay with it.” I said with half heartedly.

“No, how if we met her again? I think we better get home and maybe you can stay at my home for a while. We can talk until your mom told you to go home. How is it?” mina said excitedly. Her gummy smile appeared, and her eyes staring at me with a lot of hope.

I keep silent.

I can’t say no to her.

But it is also hard for me to say yes.

This is getting too complicated for me.

 

“I still want to spend some time with you chaeng, but maybe this mall is not a good option for us. We can meet that nayeon unnie anytime if we stay for a longer time, right?”

I nod my head again, my mouth still cannot bear to say much.

But I put a smile in the end for now, I know Mina understand my sudden silent mode, but giving her a smile is the right things to do to show that I am better now.

“Good. Judging from your smile I know you still want to spend the night with me to! Let’s go!” she reaches out my hand that I gladly accept then I stand my feet up to start walking.

 

Mina didn’t let my hand go after I got up,

instead she pulls me closer enough for her to link her arms with mine. And not just that, she even rested her head on my shoulder.

Is she trying to kill me ?

God knows how fast my heart is beating right now, because of all this skinship,

and gosh I don’t think I can keep calm with this position.

 

“Are you cold mina ?” damn chaeng what did you just asked. She is wearing a sweater and you ask her if she feels cold ?

Stupid me.

“No. I did this in case your ex is looking at you spmewhere, then I’ll let her know that you are now my best friend, and don’t she dare to hurt you again.” Mina said with a firm tone.

“Oh..”

“I can’t let her hurt you again. That’s what best friend do, backing up each other no matter what.”

“Right…”

“I can’t hear a thank you….” Mina said teasing. I can hear a little chuckle from her.

I am flustered cause I can’t accept her act right now as something that best frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter