10. Unspoken Mistake

What's life ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10. Unspoken Mistake

 

*flashback – chaeyoung POV*

We both shocked and stop all what we were doing. I peek at nayeon unnnie’s face and found her face already wet by tears that flowing heavily from her two beautiful eyes.

“I-i-it’s my dad.” She hardly said between her sobs.

“Your dad?”

Mina nods a couple times with her hand shaking, eyes full of fears and a little anger. My heart feels anxious when I witness my girlfriend being terrified like this. I don’t know what else can i do except closing the gap between me and her, then I wrap my arms around her.

I hug her, trying to comfort her while myself also feels as terrified as her.

 

We heard a noise coming from the outside, it sounds like a man is climbing up the stairs and coming towards our room. In a short period of moment finally the person reaches my door knob and turns it to open my door.

 

“Nayeon!”

He screams, furiously.

“Appa don’t! Please!”

“I told you a hundred times you can’t be friend with her anymore, and you still seeing her!!!” he keeps yelling to my angel, with his face is as red as nayeon’s teary eyes.

“But I love her appa!!”

“What? You love her?! That makes it worst you know!”

The old man shouts the last time before he walks towards us and grab nayeon’s arm, trying to separate me with her. I try to hold nayeon’s hand as tight as I can but I can’t. He is just too strong for both of us.

“Stop it sir!” I shout since I feel annoyed and really angry right now. How can someone hurt my precious angel and trying to separate me from her!

“How dare you yell at me!”

 

*SLAP*

 

Nayeon gasp when the old man sways his hand hardly to slap my face. I stumble and my body quickly meets the ground.

“Chaeng!!!” she screams but this old man didn’t respond it at all, instead he quickly grab nayeon’s shoulder and drags her away from my room.

“Unnie!” I shout as hard as I can cause my body can’t even move after the hard impact from the floor.

 

“Appa let me go!”

I wasn’t waiting for her respond cause I know she will never can run away from that man, but sadly I still can hear her crying and scream trying to escape her that man she called appa.

I don’t understand how can a dad did all those ruthless act to his daughter.

 

Two days has passed after the incident, it was the longest two days I ever experience. No news or words from my angel. I try to call her and send her tons of messages to her but no reply from her. I become more restless and worried.

I want it to go to see her but my parents keep stopping me from going to her house.

Mom and Dad are afraid if that lunatic man would hit me again, or even worst. As a teenager, I listen to their words and trying my hard to stay home.

I touch my cheek that he hit yesterday, it’s still vivid in my head on how hard he slapped me, and moreover I still can clearly remember how terrified nayeon unnie’s face and her tears that keep flowing along with her screams and shouts.

 

I keep locking myself at my room, I still want it to be alone, until suddenly my phone rings.

“Nayeon unnie?”

I look on who is the caller, and I can’t hide how happy I am when I found my angels name written there. I quickly pick up my phone, oh I miss her voice so much. I actually miss her too much.

 

“Hello, is this chaeyoung ssi?”

I was expecting to hear my angek’s voice, but my ears can only hear a deep familiar voice coming from the phone. It wasn’t nayeon unnie’s voice at all. “Yes I am, and who are you?”

“My daughter wants to meet you for the last time, meet her at the park now.”

And then he hangs up, without giving me any chance to say anything.

I rush to get my jacket and run down the stairs.

Mom asked me where am I going, but I ignore her cause I really need to go now, and I don’t want my mom held me back again. I already prepare myself to get scolded when I get home later, but for now my need to meet my angel is my number priority.

 

I run

And run

faster

and faster

I don’t care of anything happen around me.

 

I just need to see her.

 

I need her

 

 

I arrive at the park, still searching for her until I saw the girl I missed the most standing under a tree, but I can also see a bunch of man in suits also there standing around her like they are guarding her.

“Who is nayeon unnie actually is?” I ask myself cause this sight is just not normal for me.

 

“Unnie.” I shout her name and run towards her to hug her tight.

I hug her, saying how much I miss her and asking how is she, but she didn’t move even an inch. She didn’t even respond to my words. She just standing there, staring blankly to anywhere but me.

“Unnie, what happen?” I asked again.

 

“Chaeng, let’s stop this.” I can’t believe that it was her first word after a long time missing with no news and words at all.

“Stop what unnie? I don’t understand.”

“Let’s stop everything happen between. Our friendship, our love, everything. You are just a girl from a little family. I don’t deserve you. I can’t be with you. Mostly, I can’t love you anymore. Let’s stop everything about us! Let’s break up! We are not meant for each other.”

 

I stoned.

I don’t want to believe what I just have heard.

All of this is just a dream ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter