Chapter 8

Love thy Enemy

Jinki saw the outline of the tattoo and wondered what it was. The tattoo was in the shape of a brand, but Jinki wasn't in the mood to know more. Jonghyun had obviously tried to hide it from his clients, which made total sense to him. Hoping and praying that his secret identity wouldn't be revealed, Jinki moved away and kissed Jonghyun's cheek. It wouldn't be safe for him if his tattoos got exposed, so he somehow managed to calm his carnal urges, and invite Jonghyun over for dinner, the following week. Due to his busy schedule, he couldn't keep meeting Jonghyun as often as he wanted to, but it also seemed as though this break would be good for them.

Not thinking about what he had noticed, Jinki fell into a deep sleep. However, that tattoo kept haunting him even in his dream. There was something very vaguely familiar about it, which forced Jinki to make a mental note to check it out the following day. Mr. Z wanted him to join his seniors on the streets for the first time. Dressed only in a tight black vest that focused attention on his bulging biceps, Jinki got into the black sedan with tinted windows. He had been told to only observe everything that was going on, without getting out of the car, as he was still considered a new recruit. Jinki and his mentor stayed in the vehicle as the rest of his seniors spent their time speaking to the various street vendors. Jinki paid close attention to his mentor who told him more about the various businesses they handled, and what his roles were as a new bodyguard. This organization was really more like a family than anything else. Since he seemed to be Mr. Z's favorite, the rest of his new family were extremely welcoming towards him. Hearing the sound of tires screeching, Jinki looked up from his phone to find a vehicle similar to the one he was in. Almost instantly, four sinister-looking men in leather jackets got out, brandishing knives. Jinki didn't need to guess who those men were, it was fairly obvious that they were part of the Morita Tenshin.

Surprised as he heard his mentor mutter a curse before abruptly getting out of the car, Jinki watched with bated breath as their car was surrounded by members of the rival organization and his seniors. This time, Jinki couldn't spot any familiar faces. As he watched, his seniors initially spoke to the rivals, and when things started getting heated, he saw his mentor pull out a gun and shoot the leader of the group. Not believing his eyes, Jinki slowly left the refuge of the sedan and walked towards his 'team'. By this time, the street was deserted except for him, his new family, and the dead body. Smiling at his mentor, Jinki lovingly the gun that was just handed to him.

"Keep this with you. I know you're good with a knife but that would only help you during fights in close quarters."

"Thank you, sir"

"Remind me to give you the next training in shooting. I have a lot of high expectations from you"

"Yes, sir"

"Look at this er. Thinks he's so brave so as to challenge me in broad daylight. So annoying. He even looks like the scum his so-called organization is filled with"

Noting that his mentor seemed to be as aggressive as he really was, Jinki internally heaved a sigh of relief. He'd always worried that his strength would be his downfall, but here was someone who would actually appreciate his skills. Picking up his phone, he called the members who were responsible for cleaning up after such scenes. Somehow, he still felt as though there was something he needed to check. At least for his peace of mind. The dead man was lying face down on the street, with a pool of blood around his head. Though he knew that he wasn't supposed to touch the body, Jinki couldn't help his curiosity. Slowly walking towards the body, Jinki prodded it with his foot, so that the dead man faced him. Jinki went down on his knees to take a closer look at the yakuza. This man had a lot of tattoos, some very similar to the ones that were sported by Jinki. There was a tattoo which was almost hidden under the jacket. Unable to handle the suspense any longer, Jinki moved the leather jacket aside and gasped loudly. There it was, clear as daylight. A tattoo on his chest which said 'MT'. The exact same tattoo that Jonghyun had. Refusing to believe his eyes, Jinki took a deep breath and hoped that he was wrong. Rubbing his eyes, he looked again and felt as if something had been squeezing his internal organs. This wasn't supposed to happen. Jonghyun had lied to him. Of all the things to be, Jonghyun was a yakuza. That too, a yakuza from the rival organization. Thanking God that the dead body didn't sport Jonghyun's face, Jinki tried to calm his rapidly beating heart.