Chapter 1

Love thy Enemy

"Jonghyun-ah, you're late again. You really can't expect me to keep waiting for you"

Knowing that his boyfriend Jinki was furious, Jonghyun quickly muttered a few words of apology before rushing back into his meeting. If only he knew what was going on, but Jonghyun was sworn to secrecy and definitely couldn't tell Jinki anything, even if he wanted to.

"Kim Jonghyun, stop dallying. Can't you see that you're needed for this meeting?"

"I'm sorry, Sir. It won't happen again"

Lightly trailing his fingers over the small tattoo on the inside of his wrist, Jonghyun was instantly transported back to the day he got it.

*Flashback*

"Don't do this. It will hurt you"

Raising his eyebrow slightly, Jonghyun could see the fear in Jinki's eyes. He was always the more notorious one of the two, whereas shy, quiet Jinki was the teacher's pet. Jonghyun winked as he raised his hand to the table as the tattoo artist lifted the needle and started working. Wincing a little at the pain, he concentrated on Jinki's face until it was complete. A small tribal J on the inside of his wrist. J for Jinki.

"Isn't it beautiful, Jinki? Now I'll be reminded of you each time I see it"

"Jonghyun-ah, you're really crazy. I didn't think you would really do this, just because someone dared you to"

"I've always wanted to do it, Jinki"

"Well, I want to get one, too"

Jonghyun felt his heart beat faster as he watched Jinki bravely smiling through the pain he felt. Just so that they could cement their relationship. They left the tattoo studio hand in hand, two 16-year-olds with identical tattoos on their wrist.

*End of Flashback*

Startled, he was rudely awakened from his reverie as he felt himself being shaken furiously.

"Kim Jonghyun, stop daydreaming. We need to go"

Arming himself with his trusty sword, and putting his gun back into the holster, he followed his 'teammate' to the location. Forcing his heart to turn to stone, he walked into a small apartment that housed a family of four.

"It has been far too long since you borrowed money from us. You have a week to pay up"

"I don't know what you're talking about, young man. I took a loan from Mr. X, not you"

The surprised, but warm smiles of its inhabitants quickly turned into fear as they saw his tattoos when he peeled off his jacket.

"Y..Yakuza..please don't hurt us. I'll do anything"

Jonghyun took out his gun and lifted it to the man's temple, as he heard his wife and children start to cry.

"You have one week. If the money isn't repaid by Tuesday, I'll be back, and that time, there will be no mercy"

Although he hated threatening people, he was one of the best they had, at extorting money back from their debtors. Most of the time, people would underestimate him due to his boyish good looks, which worked as his advantage during inter-gang fights. As far as his family and Jinki knew, he was working as an analyst at one of the largest finance companies in the city. The company served as a front and was wholly owned by the organization. Only the top performers were allowed higher posts in the company, and they all worked hard to impress the Godfather. Most of them had never even seen him as he was always shielded by his guards. Mr. X, the number three in the organization had seen Jonghyun fighting in the street once when he was 18 and took him to join the family. From then, there was no turning back. As he was so young, he was allowed to remain with his original family as long as he was available to the seniors when they needed a 'job' done. Over the years, he'd done a good job in hiding his two lives from others and never allowing them to overlap. He had a room to himself in the company headquarters where he had stacked boxes of concealer. His daily routine before he left the office was to spread the concealer over the tattoos that spelled out his secret life. Apart from the large gorgeous black dragon tattoo that covered his back, he had a large number of seemingly 'normal' tattoos like the Phoenix on his left arm, and a koi along his right arm, which were purely symbolic.

He was in too far, and there was no way he could leave his second family. He knew what would happen if they tried. Some of the older members were missing parts of their pinky and ring fingers. These days, the family wasn't as forgiving as they used to be so there was definitely no room for errors of any kind.

Rushing home, he made small talk as he joined his mother and sister for dinner before heading to his room. After sending a quick text to Jinki to confirm their date the next day, he finally turned in for the night, dreaming of a life where he was in control.