Chapter 3

Love thy Enemy

Jonghyun felt terrible for leaving Jinki alone, as he always did. Work had to come first always. He felt as if he had sold his soul to the Devil by joining one of the largest crime syndicate families in the country. He was in too deep, to even attempt to leave. There had to be some way by which he could manage all of this. Annoyed by the fact that he'd had to cut his date short for something that wasn't even important, Jonghyun kept his temper in check as he waited in the long line at the market. Mr. X's pregnant wife had a craving, and it seemed as though he was their errand boy. After completing his duties for the day, he crawled into bed, feeling dazed as nothing had gone the way he'd planned it. Luckily, Jinki had to travel for work for the rest of the week, so it gave Jonghyun plenty of time to finish up his errands for the family. He spent his time working half-heartedly, as he missed Jinki every minute, and couldn't concentrate at all. With Jinki not being able to contact him, Jonghyun found himself in Jinki's shoes for the very first time. He was able to understand what Jinki must have been going through every day. Promising himself that he would be a better boyfriend, he counted the minutes till Jinki's flight landed.

Feeling rather weary, Jinki got off the airplane and made his way towards the arrivals section of the airport. He hadn't texted Jonghyun even once during these past few days as he was still upset. However, that didn't help him feel better at all. He'd missed Jonghyun a lot. Pausing to take out his cellphone to text Jonghyun, he heard his name being called and looked up.

"Will Mr. Lee Jinki please report to the Lost and Found section of the airport?"

This was seriously odd, as he didn't remember losing any of his things during this trip. Shrugging his shoulders, he approached the security to find out where this section was and walked there, only to find Jonghyun holding a bouquet.

"Jonghyun? What are you doing here?"

"Well, I lost my heart 9 years ago and I was hoping you still have it, even though I've been a jerk"

Even looking at Jonghyun's earnest face was enough for Jinki's anger to melt. Smiling slightly, he allowed himself to accept the bouquet. Perhaps this break had been enough. He'd got his boyfriend back. The same boy he fell in love with, 9 years ago.

***************************************************************************

Jonghyun heaved a sigh of relief when he saw Jinki's happy face. Wrapping his arm around Jinki's waist, he held Jinki's suitcase as they walked outside the airport. As he drove, Jonghyun couldn't help stealing little glances at the tired Jinki who had dozed off in the front seat. Judging by the bags under his eyes, it was obvious that he hadn't been sleeping well. Jonghyun knew that it was because of the way he'd been treating Jinki lately. Jinki had always been sensitive, which brought out Jonghyun's protective side. There was definitely no way that he would be able to tell Jinki his deep, dark secret. If he ever got to know, Jinki would feel betrayed, and would probably run for the hills. So far, he'd done a good job of hiding his double life from him. They spent the rest of the day just talking, and Jinki soon fell asleep on his couch. Smiling as he moved a lock of hair from Jinki's face, Jonghyun covered him up with a blanket before he went to the kitchen to start preparing dinner.

**************************************************************************

Hearing a crash, Jinki awoke with a start and rushed towards the source of the sound, only to find Jonghyun with a sort of sheepish expression on his face. He'd evidently dropped one of the boxes of rice, and thankfully, nothing had been broken, except for Jonghyun's pride. Laughing together at the absurdity of the situation, Jinki and Jonghyun cleaned up before sitting down for dinner. Just being around Jonghyun made Jinki feel happy, and he wanted to savor this moment for as long as possible. After dinner, he joined Jonghyun in his room to watch a movie. Lying down with his head resting against Jonghyun's chest, and with Jonghyun's arm lightly touching his head just felt right for some reason. Jinki had always preferred this kind of physical contact between them. Almost reluctantly, Jinki kissed his boyfriend goodbye and went back home.

The next morning, on his way to work, Jinki heard the sound of glass breaking. Stopping to investigate, he saw a bunch of men in suits throwing some furniture out of a building, while a family of four stood in the street, crying. Feeling intense emotions bubbling up to the surface, he decided to confront the men.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

"Mind your own business, pretty boy. You wouldn't want anything to happen to that pretty face of yours, do you?"

Before he could retort, Jinki found himself being pulled back, by someone in the crowd

"Don't interfere. This family owes money to the Morita Tenshin, and they've sent their Yakuza to get it back"