Chapter 2

Love thy Enemy

Jinki, on the other hand, was fuming. Not used to being treated this way, there was nothing he wanted to do more than go over to Jonghyun's place and tell him what he thought of him. He knew Jonghyun had started working and supporting his family really early. Now that they were both 25 years old, he had already started thinking about settling down. Off late, Jonghyun always seemed to be busy, which was very uncharacteristic of him. It was always Jinki who played hard to get, but why did Jonghyun seem to avoid him? It couldn't be work stress. They'd promised each other that they'd never let their job stress them out so much that they wouldn't have time for each other. Somehow, he managed to calm himself by looking forward to their date the next day. In his experience, whenever Jonghyun was in the wrong or annoyed him, he would make up for it by being extra sweet.

The next morning, Jinki waited at the nearby park with two coffees and smiled as he spotted Jonghyun walking towards him. Even after 9 years, his heart still started to beat faster, and his face lit up at the sight of his gorgeous boyfriend. Jinki smiled with pure pleasure as Jonghyun gripped him in a bear hug before kissing him on the cheek. Once again, it felt like old times, and all the doubt he'd had vanished from Jinki's mind. They sipped their coffees while sitting hand in hand on a bench and watching the children play. Jinki sighed as Jonghyun laid his head onto his shoulder and slipped his arms around his waist. Now, this was his happy place.

"Jinki-ah, do you remember when we used to come here every day?"

"I do. It was ever since Primary school when we first met. You'd push me on the swings. I miss those days"

"Come on, then. We have a lot to catch up on"

Jinki blushed as he was led to the old swing set. Sitting comfortably, and holding the chains, he laughed out loud as Jonghyun pushed the bottom of the swing. The momentum brought color to his cheeks and the gentle wind ruffled his hair as he continued to swing back and forth. After a few minutes of utter bliss, he stopped abruptly and started to fix his hair.

"Don't. Your hair looks nice like this"

"Come on, Jonghyun. It's your turn"

"I like pushing you, I don't want to swing. The expressions on your face when I push you make me feel really happy. I miss the days when we didn't care about anything and could do whatever we wanted to"

Blushing at those words, Jinki pulled Jonghyun close to him and gently bit his lower lip, before kissing him with a frenzy that he hadn't felt in a long time while running his fingers along Jonghyun's hair. This moment felt right and just perfect. Pulling away, Jinki touched Jonghyun's cheek, before fixing his mussed hair. The sun had just started to set, and the sky was just brilliant with it's orange, pink and slightly purple hues. He wouldn't get such a perfect setting even if he'd planned it. Slipping his hand into his pocket, and lightly feeling the little wooden box, he felt that it was finally time.

"Jonghyun-ah...there's something I want to say"

As Jonghyun looked at Jinki curiously, his phone started to ring.

"I'm so sorry, Jinki-ah. I have to take this"

Eyes downcast, Jinki tried not to let the disappointment he felt, show on his face. Perhaps this wasn't the right time at all. He watched as Jonghyun walked around in circles while speaking to the person on the other side. Grinning slightly, as this was a habit Jonghyun had never been able to break, Jinki sat back on a nearby bench and waited for Jonghyun to finish.

Looking slightly sheepish and ashamed, Jonghyun rushed towards Jinki and placed a fleeting kiss on his forehead.

"Forgive me, Jinki-ah. I have to go, but I promise I'll make it up to you"

Jinki tried hard to smile and seem nonchalant and he watched Jonghyun rushing off again.

Looking at the floor as a teardrop made its way down his cheek, he tried hard to compose himself before whispering to himself,

"You always say you'll make it up to me, Jonghyun-ah. I'm glad you're happy and busy at your job but I wish you'd make some time for me"