Chapter 6

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Noona, father needs me back at the hotel. Is it okay if I go ahead first?" Taeyong scratched his head as he ended the call with his father. He would love to play with them but he had some duties to fulfill at their business.
 

"It's okay, we can manage." Sehun answered for them and Taeyong had to immediately run back to the hotel.
 

"Where should we go now?" Dahye jumped on her feet, still excited and energetic despite walking and playing around for hours. The wife even had wished to stay a bit longer if only Sehun didn't have to go back to work.
 

Little by little, Sehun had seen how much she changed for the better. She was becoming carefree, her smiles were a lot brighter, very childlike, as if she was back to get old self. And as soon as he realized those things, he felt so proud.
 

"Sehun, are you listening?"
 

"Oh, I'm sorry, what?"
 

"I said I just saw something...I was walking down a flower path, and there were people surrounding me."
 

"I'll take you there, come on." Sehun held her hand and without even giving her a heads up, they just went hiking one of the highest hill on the island.
 

Dahye continuously whined at him but he ignored all her pleas to even stop for a moment. Sehun suddenly crouched down in front of her, and the wife didn't hesitate to jump on his back. She giggled when she knew she didn't have to exhaust herself but deep inside, she's still feeling bad for Sehun caring her all the way up.
 

"Where are we going, really? Is it still far? You can just put me down."
 

"I'm fine, we're already here anyway."
 

Sehun finally settled her down and she was in awe seeing the scenery before her. There were no other people, and she assumed it was because of the hike, but she was kind of thankful since she was able to appreciate everything on her own.
 

Just like in her vision, it was on top of the hill, overlooking the sea around them. She walked further into the wide space, appreciating the view, while Sehun continued to speak.

 

"This is where we had our wedding. The reason why you see people staring at you, and you're walking down a flowery path, it's because it was your moment to shine."
 

"What were you wearing that time?"
 

"A dark blue coat and gray slacks..."
 

Dahye turned her attention back at him, knowing that he just said the exact same thing she saw in her vision. Sehun was still rooted in his place, but his eyes wandered everywhere, which a sudden naughty idea popped in her mind.
 

"Love..." she called him using his pet name for her and she just wanted to laugh at his surprised expression. His mouth was open and his face was just inexplicable due to his surprise.
 

"Yes...love?" he said, unsure if he heard her right. He wanted to hear her call him 'love' again. Just one more.
 

"Nothing." she smiled, teasing him. Sehun narrowed his eyes at her but she just grinned even more as she walked closer to him. "I just said...Love..."
 

"Say it again..."
 

"Love..."
 

"Come here..." he said, grabbing her by the waist. Dahye playfully blocked his lips and leaned back, perfectly knowing what he would do. She loved how her husband's eyes were dripping honey when he was looking at her that she she felt like she was being hypnotized. Sehun kept their eye contact while he slowly removed her hands and intertwined it with his hands instead. "Please say it again."


"Love...I. Love. You." she said every word sweetly. "I haven't remembered everything but I know that...for sure."
 

"Thank you for trusting me, and for coming back to me."
 

Sehun proceeded to kiss her forehead lovingly, just like what he did on their wedding day and Dahye never failed to appreciate everything that he was doing. It was a kiss of respect and it was one of those moments that will always be treasured in their memories.
 

"Love, let's just stay like this for a moment..." he told her as he gently pulled her into a warm hug. She nodded against his chest while she returned the hug, wrapping her arms around his waist. She swore that she could feel and hear his heart beating fast.
 

Slowly, he finally calmed down but he was still holding her tightly as if never wanting to let go anymore. A couple of minutes later, the wind had increasingly become cold that it made them shiver when it blows harder.

 

"Love, I feel cold..." she teasingly whined and he responded by tightening his hug around her. "I meant, we should go down already."
 

He chuckled, "Alright. Let's have dinner and then rest. We had a very long day."
 

Dahye was looking forward to having another meal with the whole family and they did not disappoint. They let Dahye to tell stories about their day and they were all there to

Please log in to read the full chapter