Chapter 10

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun smugly walked at the corridors checking each doors and name plate, then suddenly stopped upon seeing the name he was looking for. The name plate was neatly engraved on golden plate but he knows the person inside was far from golden.


Knocking on the door three times, he finally heard the voice telling him to come in. He stepped inside the room and the man widened his eyes upon seeing Sehun.
 

"S-Sehun, w-what are you doing here?" Hyunwoo stuttered, and even stood up from his seat due to the surprise visitor.


"I just want to personally deliver something to you." Sehun walked closer to him slowly but everything else happened so fast that Hyunwoo suddenly found himself pinned against the wall.


"I wanted to be civil to you even though you've hurt my sister, but hurting another woman precious to me is more than enough." Sehun's fist landed against Hyunwoo's jaw which sent him down on the floor with a bleeding mouth.
"I ing swear, if I don't kill you today, I will still make sure you will rot in jail."


Sehun released a series of punches along with a few kicks and curses. Despite being bigger than the attacking man, Hyunwoo had a hard time defending himself. He may be able to land a couple of punches but Sehun would give him double of his attack and pain.
 

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Hyunwoo exclaimed and Sehun's anger increased even more. He couldn't believe that the older man would still feign innocence after all the things he did.
 

Hyunwoo was able to push Sehun away after so much struggle. He quickly ran out of his office, his face busted and blood dripping down all over his shirt. The guards nearby caught on the commotion and protected their resident doctor from Sehun. A few other civilians held on to Sehun to stop further trouble.
 

"Get him out of this hospital, now!!" Hyunwoo demanded and Sehun smirked at him, slowly wiping the blood off from the corner of his lips.
 

"In case you forgot, this is my family's hospital. I will step out today, but I can always come back. You? This might be your last day."
 

Hyunwoo's face may be swollen and covered in blood but Sehun still saw the subtle change of emotion on his face. The older suddenly feared the younger. He never realized how the family could easily destroy him, when he was too busy being greedy in becoming one with them. He basically ignored other threats from Sooyoung, but when it was already Sehun who went to him, the world just crushed him down.
 

"See you in jail...hyung." Sehun pried the hands that were holding him and walked away from the crowd. He wasn't fully satisfied with his vengeance but it should be enough for the day.
 

After the quick info he got from Yeri, he was sure that Hyunwoo didn't just keep Dahye but was also involved in the accident. Not sure of the exact details but he knows it will all come out in court.
 

As he punched in the door code, he was greeted by his wife's sweet smile yet it all changed into a more worried expression. She carefully looked into his scars and bruises, her eyebrows furrowed further as she saw the extent of the damage.
 

"What happened?! Sehun, if I only knew you'd go home like this, I shouldn't have let you stay out." Dahye scolded her husband while preparing the first aid kit.
 

Instead of being angry with his nagging, the husband smiles and sat on the couch to be pampered. She slumped down beside him, almost throwing things in annoyance, but deep inside, she was worried about his state.
 

"I just taught some kid a lesson. Don't worry about me, he looks worse." Sehun chuckled but then it changed into pain when she harshly patted the cotton on his scar.
 

"Oh Sehun, you're a freaking lawyer. You should know that getting caught in a fight is not right."
 

"OW! Gently..." he whined, hissing lightly at her touch.
 

"Serves you right." she scoffed.
 

"It's Hyunwoo. I went to his office, and beat him up. He just got lucky when he landed a few punches--OW!!"
 

"You already convinced me to file a case against him, that should be enough."


That got him quiet, he acted rashly due to his emotions. It may be satisfying to him but his wife has a point. She never wanted any more trouble yet there he was creating one for himself. He apologized softly to her, and she finally softened, sighing at his state.


"Let's be mature here, love. Don't get into this kind of fights again." The wife reprimanded him but he just can't help himself from talking back.


"What if I have to defend myself?"


"Then that's fine. But not going into his office and punching the hell out of him."
 

Sehun pouted, attempting to get her attention but it did nothing on his favor and was effectively ignored. Dahye had finished cleaning his cuts then started mending his swollen knuckles. No matter how fulfilled he might feel, Dahye felt like they still lost. He must've let go a lot of punches but he just hurt himself as well. She slowly put the ice bag on his hands and clicked her tongue while Sehun kept his pout on, hoping to ease his wife's anger.
 

"I don't know if I'm still your wife or your substitute mother."
 

"Why not both?" he chuckled, making his wife annoyed with him and pressed on his swollen knuckles.
 

"You're still not off the hook, Oh Sehun. Don't be too playful, I'm still disappointed in you." Sehun stopped chuckling, suddenly regretting all the actions he made. He carefully removed the ice pack from her hands before holding hers on his own. Biting his lips, he swallowed his pride and started apologizing to her.
 

"I'm really sorry, love. I was so stupid and didn't think this through. Forgive me?"


"It's easy to forgive, but it's not something that will calm me easily. Have your dinner." she told him bluntly before standing up and going to the kitchen to prepare his food.


Sehun didn't even get the chance to pull her hand back, let alone reply to her words. He felt bad for being childish and irrational, not thinking of the consequences he had to face. Having arguments with her was normal in their married life but seeing her not talking to him, and eventually avoiding him was on another level. Sighing, he crept on his toes, following her like a little puppy under her spell.


"Eat. I've already had my dinner." she then left the dining area and went straight to their room, locking herself up.
 

The husband might've been starving but he lost his appetite. She won't talk to him, nor even look at him, and now he's having dinner all alone. He hated the situation he's in and swore to himself that he would never do such a thing again. Ever since they knew each other, Dahye always stayed away from trouble, and he should've just listened, just like what he always did.


Cursing himself for being stupid, he just ate a few spoonfuls and kept the rest back in the fridge. His face and hands were hurt, but it hurt more that his wife was acting like he doesn't exist. After he got ready for bed, he prepared himself for another series of rejection and sass but he was also determined to make up with her before going to sleep.


Dahye was already fast asleep the moment that he entered their bedroom. Even during sleep, he realizes the extent of her anger and disappointment. She usually faces his side of the bed if she's waiting for him, yet when he found her, she was facing the other side of the bed and even put a pillow between them.


"Love?" Sehun cooed, quite expecting her to respond, but she still didn't. He finally lied down beside her, spooning his wife and making sure that she wouldn't be able to move away from him. "I made a mistake, I'm really sorry. I won't do it again. I just felt so angry because of what Yeri said and I couldn't help it. I should've been more mature."


Dahye started shifting her position. Sehun didn't want to let her go but when he realized that she was trying to face him, he loosened his grip around her and let her move around. He was not exactly surprised that Dahye was still awake and found her looking up at him with her doe eyes.
 

"What did she say?"
 

"Hyunwoo told everyone at the hospita

Please log in to read the full chapter