Chapter 10

Beneath the Shadow

Even before Kibum could turn into his shadow form, he saw Woohyun change his form and leap right in front of him. Woohyun had picked him over his pack. Transforming into half a shadow, Kibum tried to get the attention of all the wolves that were currently attacking Woohyun, but to no avail, as they seemed intent on ripping Woohyun to shreds. Turning back into his normal self, Kibum rushed at the wolves, risking his own life in order to save the Lycan he had grown to love. As a Lycan caught hold of his neck and lifted him high into the air, he saw a sudden fear in the beast's eyes before he was hit by a ball of fire. The reinforcements seemed to have arrived. Although they were a tad bit late, Kibum was glad that he had his family to watch over him. 

“Kibum, get away from there”

Jumping out of the way, Kibum froze as Minho and Taemin used their powers to create a barrier between the Lycans and him and Woohyun. The wolves yelped with pain as they were hit by a scalding hot mist that hit them right in the eyes. Looking back, he saw Jinki leaning by a tree, just watching the others fight. Within a blink, Jonghyun was beside him and was using his mind control abilities to force the wolves to attack each other. Woohyun by now, was hurt and bleeding from his head while Kibum didn’t have a scratch on him, except for the red mark around his neck. Wondering why Jinki wasn't stepping in yet, Kibum continued to fight, by using his shadow to conceal Minho and Taemin. All of a sudden, he felt something breathing heavily at the back of his neck, it's hot breath touching his skin. Spinning around, Kibum looked into the eyes of one of the largest wolves he had ever seen. This wolf had black fur streaked with bits of grey and it seemed obvious that this must be one of the Elders Woohyun had told him about. As the wolf opened it's large jaws and sprang for him, aiming at his jugular, Kibum saw Jinki in and just push the wolf away. All Jinki had done, was move his hands a little bit. Kibum knew all about Jinki's extraordinary level of strength, but even he was surprised to see the strong, heavy wolf go sailing through the air. Shrugging his shoulders, Jinki walked back to his vantage point, as if waiting for someone to arrive. Jinki would keep stepping in if any of the wolves got too close to any of the others. Although this was nothing like how things would happen during the blood moon, it really felt as if it was war. War against the Lycans who thought themselves capable of anything. A war between a father and a son who wanted to follow his heart instead of his mind. War for justice for all the magical creatures. As the fight continued, Kibum saw that the wood nymphs had also joined in, to help protect Woohyun. Although they seemed frail, they kept tossing pieces of bark at the wolves. Soon, the largest and most powerful wolf of them all made his appearance. The Alpha. With the way all the other wolves stopped fighting and stood to look at him, waiting for an order made it clear that he was the one in charge.

***********************************************************************

Woohyun saw his father walking into the fight and watched his Lycan family all stop whatever they were doing. As his father raised his hand to hit him, he saw Jinki stand between them instantly. Woohyun had never realized how much speed the light demon actually had.

"Step away. This Lycan is under my protection"

Shocked, Woohyun saw his father, the Alpha, step away from him immediately. Similarly, all the wolves from his pack, including the Elders, took a few steps back. No one was brave or foolish enough to challenge the will of the light demon. Jinki stood in front of Woohyun, joined by the vampire, fire fairy and the water sprite. A second later, Woohyun found Kibum by his side, and smiled as he felt Kibum take his hand.

"They are all under my protection. If you want to ensure the protection of your pack, no one should even come near any of them"

At that moment, Jinki seemed to be more than just a friend. Jinki was his protector and the one who had welcomed him with open arms into what was to become his new family. His new pack. Woohyun saw the wolves turn away, back into their side of the forest. His heart hurt a little when his father turned around and said,

"Demon, please look after my son"

Shortly after, Woohyun was taken to the lair they all shared, and finally felt that this was somewhere he belonged. Somewhere he could be himself. All around him was only love, and together the six of them made a formidable team.