Chapter 8: Parents

Little Did I Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Time passed and we finished promotions for SIGNAL. I slowly took some space from Nayeon-I stopped actively searching for her or being around her. I started hanging out with the SISTAR members and other idol groups more. But nevertheless, I couldn’t stop thinking about Nayeon. I don’t know if Nayeon even noticed let alone cared about the distance that was growing between us. She spent more time with her boyfriend and introduced him to all the group members. Turns out he was 2pm’s Nichkhun.

 

Everyone loved him and then it became known in the JYP community and idol community that Nayeon and Nichkhun were together. Even JYP himself didn’t care. I was still hurting and it didn’t help seeing them together all the time. Nayeon and I were drifting apart and that made me lose even more hope. I tried to hang out with others and it helped somewhat but I knew deep down I couldn’t forget her.

 

One day, I had enough of it all. I decided I needed a break to find myself again. I ended up talking to JYP and he agreed to let me take a break. JYP understood, he was like a father figure to me in a sense. He loved me as his own child and he knew about my uality and accepted it wholeheartedly. He also knew I felt something for Nayeon. I was surprised when he told me knew, but it was fine. It became evident more every day that I couldn’t hide myself any longer.

 

I had no idea where or how long this break was going to be and I was struggling to find the time to tell the girls. They would be upset with me for sure, but they would understand. I need to get away before I lose it. So, I gathered the girls together and tried to get everyone to be there, but Nayeon had a date with Nichkhun and could not come. I found out that she was meeting his family and that destroyed me even more.

 

I told the girls I was going on a trip. They asked me where. I told them I don’t know right now, but I needed time away. I wasn’t myself anymore and it wasn’t healthy for the group or me. They understood and made me promise to keep in contact and to not go away for too long. I thanked the girls and told them to tell Nayeon for me. The girls left and went back to their respective rooms but Mina pulled me aside.

 

Mina knew that it was partially Nayeon’s fault for me leaving and she was upset. I told her to not blame Nayeon or be upset and to understand I was going to come back. I had to hold Mina while she inhaled my scent. I knew how Mina felt about me and what we could’ve had was in the past, but it was nice to know someone loved me for real like her. I am sure glad Chaeyoung was there to love and protect Mina. After Mina left, Sana pulled me away and we took a walk outside. Sana didn’t cry like Mina did, but she whined at me so I had to buy her ice cream to appease her.

 

Sana told me to keep in contact and to come back soon or else she wouldn’t know what to do without me. I promised and smiled at how cute she was. Tzuyu sure is lucky to be with Sana. We just sat there enjoying each other’s company and laughing for a little bit before we went back to the dorms.

 

Momo was upset with me as well when I came back into our room, but I knew she’d miss me so she e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter