Chapter 6: Dinner, Ice Cream, and Soju

Little Did I Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I guess you’re wondering now what happened. What happened between Im Nayeon and I? Well, so much happened. I wonder where I can even begin.

 

After SIXTEEN, we moved into our dorms and like I said earlier, I roomed with Momo. This in a way caused Nayeon and I to spend less time apart. And then I got close to Mina and Sana, so Nayeon and I stopped hanging out as much. But I always tried to see her and I could never stop thinking about her.

 

We drifted apart. But the love I had for her never went away. It got awkward between us. I felt like I was slowly losing her. Even though I was happy with my new life, Nayeon still was the girl of my dreams.

 

I noticed I wasn’t the only one getting busy. Nayeon would be going out more lately and coming back late or be on her phone constantly. I didn’t want to lose Nayeon, so I thought maybe it’d be a good idea to have some alone time with her. So the next day, I went to Nayeon and asked her to go out with me. She agreed and we planned to go out to eat and do some shopping. I tried my hardest to not get overly excited at the thought of being alone with Nayeon.

 

I remember dressing casually in some black jeans, white t shirt, and some vans with a baseball cap on. But Nayeon was dressed in a red flowery dress with her hair done. When I saw her my heart was beating outside my chest. She was a goddess in my eyes, her beauty radiating. She grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door.

 

We walked to a nearby restaurant and ordered some food and spent such a great time just laughing and being idiots. It was so nice being with her. I didn’t want it to end. After the restaurant we walked around and ended up in the park. Luckily there weren’t a lot of people and we sat down on a bench. I remember telling her to wait while I ran to a nearby convenience store and bought some ice cream for us.

 

I carried the bag of ice cream back to the bench and Nayeon smiled and waved at me. We enjoyed the ice cream, often stealing bites from one another, and laughing. I told Nayeon how happy I was to be spending time with her. I told her how much I missed her and how apologetic I was for not hanging out with her. She did the same and we just were gazing into each others eyes. Nayeon broke it and leaned her head on my shoulder.

 

I felt content being there with her. She still knew how to make my heart race and I thought to myself it’s okay if we only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter