Chapter 1: Backstory

Little Did I Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I grew up as an only child with only the love of my parents and sister. But my parents both worked and my sister was older, so I got used to being alone. I'd spend time after school alone, eat alone, and being alone eventually became natural. Now I'm not depressed or anything or had such a super lonely childhood. I had cousins who loved me, but I felt like I was always trying to fit in within my own family and with my friends. I was never comfortable dressing up in dresses or having my hair down. I felt comfortable in jeans, sneakers, and t shirts. I realized I liked girls from a young age. That would probably explain how I would always be hanging out with boys because the girls always made me have funny feelings and I'd be terrified to interact with them.

 

I loved performing since I was a child and I knew I wanted to be an idol. So, I joined JYP Entertainment and became a trainee there. I ended up making friends with a girl named Jihyo. She had such a beautiful but loud voice. Too loud sometimes especially when we would go see movies together.

 

 

 

Jihyo one day introduces me to this girl named Nayeon. Nayeon was older than us and wow. She stole my breath the moment I saw her. I remember it exactly. Jihyo had invited me to practice some dance moves at the practice room and said her friend would be joining us. I thought okay, it’ll be fine. I opened the door to the practice room and greeted Jihyo. She told me her friend had just stepped out to go to the restroom. I set down my Adidas bag and began stretching. I remember hearing the door open and turning around. Everything stopped the moment I saw her. She entranced me. She made me feel like it was just us two in that room. Never have I ever felt such a strong attraction.

 

 

Well, Nayeon ends up walking over and introduces herself to me and it took every ounce of my sanity to snap out of the trance I was in to introduce myself to her. Her voice was so sweet, almost too sweet for me. Felt like I could catch diabetes from being near her. And she was so friendly and bubbly. It felt like we had known each other for years.

 

 

 

We ended up practicing and just talking and getting to know each other. She made me nervous, but I could ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter