Ways to the Aces' Hearts

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

It was lunch time. Most students would go to the canteen and stay there to eat while some would bring or buy their own food and stayed in their classrooms to eat. Such was the case for some students in Class A, with Sakura eating melon bread by the veranda and Yunjin sharing her granola bars while sitting on Sakura’s seat.

Sakura would’ve munched when she heard Wonyoung and Yujin from outside saying that they’ll force her to spill the beans. Such case meant that she would have to share about the aces. The thought of it made her pissed.

She knew it was a very unexpected development. In addition to that, her desire to stay away from the Black Ace grew stronger. Because to her, the Black Ace was great danger.

“I’ll give some to you, Kaeun-nim. Don’t worry. They’re sugar-free.”

“Wow…Yunjin seems to be attached to her these days.” Sakura thought, looking like she was sulking.

Scratch that. She had another thought in mind.

Sakura searched for her pocket and got her brochure on classified ads. She was reminded of Jurina buying her the shirt that she had to pay for it. The summer vacation was almost coming. She might as well compensate her time.

“Found you!” Sakura gasped to see Yujin. “Let’s go to the dorm and eat!”

“You just had lunch at the school's canteen and now you’re eating again?” Wonyoung asked.

“Duh. It’s part of the accommodations.” Yujin spoke. “Come on. Let’s go!”

Sakura nodded and followed, realizing that she had been eating melon bread and that wasn’t enough.

+++

The three of them arrived at the dorm. Wonyoung and Yujin went ahead as Sakura had to stop, all because she was called by Akimoto-san.

“Such timing, Sakura-chan.” She began. “I had to call you because Kaeun-chan has shared something.”

Sakura froze as Kaeun was next to Akimoto-san. She couldn’t run away because of the situation.

“You see, Kaeun-chan has informed me that you haven’t eaten well this past few days.” Akimoto-san said. “Do remember that you can sign an application form for more food.”

“Okay, Akimoto-san. I’ll sign one right now.” Sakura said.

“I’ll give you two. You need to have more food in your system because you’re too skinny.” Akimoto-san gave her the applications.

Sakura thanked her. Akimoto-san excused herself again towards the information area. Sakura went to her locker to fix her things, unaware that Kaeun was still there.

She was aware. It’s just that she doesn’t want to talk to her let alone see her.

“What’s wrong?” She heard Kaeun and felt her body just behind her.

Sakura shuts her eyes. There was no way that it’s happening.

“Weren’t you very obedient on the Ferris Wheel?” Kaeun began. “Even on the date before that?”

Sakura's insides started to fume again. This was wrong. Very wrong.

“Can you move?” Sakura huffed and made way for herself.

“Don’t run away.”

Sakura would’ve run away still. But there’s something different with Kaeun’s tone. It maintained her assertiveness but it was the good kind. Sakura couldn’t help it as she faced back, only for her chin to be held by Kaeun. She was shocked again that her contact was gentler.

“Look at me.” Kaeun spoke. “How are you supposed to reply when you can’t look me in the eye?”

Sakura was down with the gentle tone. Her face flushed and her heart pounded.

. Why does it have to react with the likes of you?!

“Sakura-chan.” Akimoto-san returned and cooed just looking at them. “You’ll be eating here this time, right?”

Kaeun lets herself go, just in time for Sakura to answer. “Yes, Akimoto-san. I’ll sign later. I’ll pass for lunch.”

Sakura excused herself and rushed to her room. She tossed her bag to one side and plopped on her bed, feeling dizzy. The dizziness led to her frustrations.

She couldn’t believe Kaeun had to act as a stupid giraffe. She couldn’t believe she still had to work part-time to repay Jurina. She couldn’t believe that her life turned unexpectedly thanks to the aces.

You went in the situation yourself.

Sakura’s inner conscience didn’t help either. She realized that the way it is now was only for her to run away.

+++

It was another day in school and another day of PE. They would’ve done their relays but the weather had to rain in their parade. Literally. Then again, the teachers were eager to conduct the classes inside the gym.

“Because of the rain, well be having a joint class.” Teacher Kim of Class B said. “But since we have a lot of members, we’ll do a series of marathons.”

“Yes. Group yourselves into ten members with each person doing ten laps,” said Teacher Lee of Class A.

All of them grouped. Yunjin and Yena accompanied Kaeun, even Wonyoung, Yiren, and Sian. Yuri joined because of Yena and the rest of the admirers raced to be part of Kaeun’s group. Such was the case for Class B. Jurina has Alex and Eunyoung as company while the class admirers raced to be part of her team.

Sakura was on the third team in Class A, with Miru accompanying her. Some admirers who didn’t make the cut were part of the second and third teams. For the ones in the third team, they had ravenous looks towards Sakura, even the ones from the second team and from the other class.

“She’s the girl from Class A who went on a date with Jurina-san.”

“I don’t see anything special in her. How could the Red Ace date her, of all people?”

“Agreed. And by the looks of it, she looks weak.”

Sakura heard it all. She sighed, thinking that she had disgraced the Red Ace.

“Miyawaki, Ikumi, Takahashi. You’re next.” Teacher Lee spoke through the bullhorn.

The three lined up and made their marks. As the starting gun shot, the three ran to finish their marathons as quick as they can. For Sakura, it was her luck and determination as she was the first to finish her laps.

“That’s awesome, Miyawaki!” Teacher Lee remarked.

“I think I’m going to die…” Sakura mumbled, body still sprawled on the floor.

She took time to relieve herself when she saw Jurina getting out of the gym. Admirers asked her whereabout and Jurina was quick to answer. “I’ll be right back, everyone.”

“Come back quickly, Red Ace~,” said the admirers.

Jurina looked at Sakura and made a gesture. Sakura wondered, pointing to herself. Jurina gave another gesture and Sakura got the gist.

Jurina wanted to go outside and talk to her.

“Wonyoung-chan, I need to go to the bathroom.” Sakura spoke, getting a nod.

Sakura went stealthily. Miru wondered where she was but Wonyoung had answered with her excuse. Sakura was relieved and saw Jurina leaning by the door. “Jurina-san…”

“Hi.” Jurina greeted. “Come a little closer. You’ll get wet over there.”

Sakura nodded and scooted closer to Jurina. She was nervous. The idea of sneaking outside together during class hours was one thing the others could fuss about.

“You seem down.” Jurina observed, catching Sakura off guard. “Is it because of Kaeunnie?”

“Huh? Why do you think of that?” Sakura wondered but her heart and mind say otherwise. “No way! It’s because I was a diet and I got hungry!!”

“Sh. Not so loud, Sakura-chan.” Jurina shushes her.

“By the way…I’m reminded of the cost of that shirt.” Sakura talked. “I did a little research plus the summer vacation’s coming up. As a result, I’m planning to do a part-time job…so that I could repay you.”

“You were really serious about that?” Jurina asked, chuckling. “It’s really okay, Sakura-chan. Consider it as a gift from me.”

Sakura thought about Jurina’s words. They were allegedly dating and they went on a date when Jurina bought the shirt. Surely, it was a normal thing on dates so Sakura took into consideration.

“Mind me.” Sakura sighed. “It’s kind of embarrassing but I’ve never had a partner before, let alone a girlfriend. That’s why I don’t know anything about dates. However…” She inched closer, getting a reaction from Jurina. “…the two of us are normal high school students.”

“What do you mean ‘normal’?” Jurina asked as she was confused.

“Of course!” Sakura spat, flustered. “You’re really different from someone like me. You’re THE Red Ace, after all. I know you’re being nice but receiving something so high-class like that shirt was almost too good to be true, even though I was happy on just going on a date.”

“Sakura-chan…”

“That’s why I want to pay you back properly!” Sakura added a little bow and a huff. “I’m serious!”

Inside the gym, the voice was audible. Yena was finished with her laps and wondered of the two’s whereabouts. Yena’s duck bill kept on blabbering about what Jurina said, that she didn’t mind dating Sakura. Kaeun was a witness as she spits her to shut up while ignoring Teacher Lee’s request for Kaeun to join their track team.

“That duck…jeez…” Sakura sighed. “Does she even realize that you were joking at that time?”

“I heard that.” Jurina chuckled. “In fact, I was pretty serious about it.”

Sakura froze, her mind debating if she heard it right or wrong. But with Jurina’s look, it seems she was serious.

“Can we continue…” Jurina inched closer. “…what we did on that remedial date?”

Sakura froze but Jurina had pulled her close. Jurina inched to Sakura when the cherry blossom stopped her. “R-Right now?!! B-But I’m sweating a lot-“

Jurina shushes her, her arms putting Sakura’s down. Her hand held Sakura’s chin as she drew closer. Sakura felt butterflies in her stomach and goosebumps on her skin. Her conscience was debating but surely, she would’ve loved it.

But then, her body acted on its own. She pushed Jurina away, almost aggressively. Sakura took long to register all that has happened but she managed to, after she saw a scratch on Jurina’s face.

“My nail…I…” Sakura gulped as she looked at her hand. “Why did I…Jurina-san, I’m so sorry.”

Jurina would’ve inched closer but Sakura ran away, giving another apology. Sakura didn’t understand what was wrong with her system. It was as if her mind and body were controlled separately.

As if she wasn’t herself…

+++

The PE classes were over and it was the end of the school day. Everyone got changed into their uniforms and were ready to go home.

“Huh? Kkura?” Miru asked as she saw Sakura, body frozen on the spot. “What’s wrong?”

Sakura couldn’t get the mishap off of her head. Scratching the Red Ace’s face was almost like a crime punishable by the law of the admirers. She wondered of what she would do. Would she talk to her again and say her sorry again?

“Nothing. See you tomorrow.”

Miru bids ado. Sakura would’ve gotten out when Jurina passed by the aisle. She went out quickly, almost shocking Jurina and two admirers with her, all from the same class.

“Jurina-san~ if you and Miyawaki are going out, take us out too.” The first one spoke.

“Me first!” The other batted.

“Kaeunnie.” Jurina called as she passed by. “I’ll be back late today. But I’ll make it to curfew, though.”

“Whatever.” Kaeun spoke. “By the way, what happened to your face?”

Kaeun wondered of the bandage but Jurina gave her reason. “Oh…I saw and played with a cat and it scratched me.”

The admirers thought it was disgraceful and unforgivable for a feline to scratch the holy face of the Red Ace. Kaeun rolled her eyes and went when Jurina called her again.

“What?” Kaeun asked.

“Ah, Kaeunnie…I almost forgot.” Jurina spoke as she faced her. “I might want ‘it’. Can I steal ‘it’ from you?”

Kaeun smirked and left. Jurina wondered when she heard her.

“Go ahead if you can.”

+++

Akimoto-san was in a heap of worry. Sakura returned to the dorm but the latter fainted before she could remove her shoes. Luckily, Kaeun arrived and Akimoto-san asked her for help.

“I’ll take her to the infirmary.” Kaeun said as she carried the cherry blossom. “She’s hungry.”

“Please do so, Kaeun-chan. I’ll make her some porridge.”

Kaeun bowed lightly and went. The infirmary was close to the dorm office so going there was almost a cinch. Kaeun got Sakura tucked onto one of its beds and waited by sitting on a stool. The wait took almost an hour, with Kaeun almost boring herself to death. Just then, Sakura woke up as if nothing happened.

Alas. She had to react when she Kaeun. She saw her put a hand on her chin as her eyes glared at her. And she could almost curse herself because her stomach’s growl didn’t help.

“Ah…just as Kaeun-chan said. You fainted because you were famished.” Akimoto-san said, carrying a tray with porridge and juice. “You know, Kaeun-chan was so cool. She snatched you off the ground as soon as she came. Ehh~ if only I was thirty years younger.”

“Akimoto-san, the phone’s ringing.” Kaeun sighed.

“Okay. Then I’ll leave Kaeun-chan to watch over you.” Akimoto-san said while placing the tray of food close to Sakura. “Next time, don’t do impossible diets, Sakura-chan.”

Sakura nodded as Akimoto-san went. Her edupness had doubled because she was stuck with Kaeun. She didn’t want to meet her at all. She hated the atmosphere because she tried not to meet her.

this. She had to go.

“You can’t go.” Kaeun spoke, freezing Sakura. “You have to eat. Think about Sayaka-san’s efforts.”

Sakura didn’t have a choice. She ate the porridge and drank her juice surely. “Yah, you call Akimoto-san by her name again.”

“I have my rights, you stupid cherry blossom. Now eat.” Kaeun spat, in which Sakura resumed. “Also…”

“What?” Sakura asked.

“It was you who did that to Jurina’s cheek, right?”

Sakura finished her meal quickly, her mind feeling uneasy. She wondered on how Kaeun knew, also answering her question that maybe, Jurina told her. As a result, she felt worse. Jurina was a very nice person but why did she have the guts to mess up her holy face?

There was no turning back. Sakura had to be honest. “Yes. It was me.”

Somewhere in Kaeun’s features, a smile crept. She got up and Sakura wondered of what ty action was the stupid giraffe going to do. Just then, something made its way to Sakura’s face. She got the thing and wow, a chocolate bar.

“Cut out your meekness. It bugs me.” Kaeun spat. “You should eat that. Consider it as a dessert.”

Sakura watched Kaeun get her bag and make her way towards the door. She was relieved. She wanted to be at peace. Just like this.

Leave quickly.

Who knew the human was complex with their movements and emotions? Sakura thought that Kaeun should leave but here she was, stopping her. Kaeun looked back, seeing Sakura’s little hand hold her long arm.

“What is it?” She asked the cherry blossom.

Sakura gulped as she lets go. She was messed up. It’s like she didn’t know what to do anymore, let alone not knowing if what she spat out was right or wrong.

“What are you trying to do?” Kaeun asked again.

“Can you not get involve with me again?” Sakura spat. “Like all those kisses you stole…can you not do that again?”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s wrong.” Sakura spat. “At that time in the Ferris Wheel, I wanted to do it with someone I like. But why the did you bat in?” She started to get crossed. “Why?”

“It’s because it’s the thing you hated most.” Kaeun answered.

Sakura was damned but Kaeun didn’t stop from making herself clear. “When I first did it to you, you cried. At that moment, I thought it was the perfect way to discipline you.”

“You…what?!” Sakura got madder.

Kaeun wasn’t drawn. Instead, she held Sakura’s chin so that the cherry blossom can look her in the eye. “Don’t you also feel good when you submit to me?”

It was then Sakura made her conclusion. Jurina may say that Kaeun’s a nice girl but no. She was a Black Angel and the stupidest and most evil giraffe there is.

“This is because I cut your hair, wasn’t it?” Sakura spat, getting a scissor. “If you’re angry about that time, then this…” She cuts her strands. “…this should settle it. With this, we’ll be even, right?!”

Kaeun was taken aback and it doubled when Sakura grabbed her collar and pulled her to her level.

“If you have the guts to just boss me around or whatever, think again.” Sakura spat. “I’m no servant of the devil, let alone the Black Angel who’s the stupidest giraffe in the world, you got that?!”

Her remark would’ve been cool but it didn’t end coolly. Her stomach was still eager to have more food that Sakura ate the bar Kaeun gave her. She decided to get back up despite the uncoolly defeat.

“I’ll only thank you for this because it gave you energy. See ya.”

Sakura got her stuff and left. Kaeun was still frozen but being the Black Angel, a mere rage from a cherry blossom wasn’t effective. She could only clean the infirmary and deliver her devious smirk.

+++

Sakura got inside her room, anger seeping through her veins. She threw her bag on her bed and leaned on the door, realizing that she had cut her own hair.

“I can’t believe-aish…” Sakura sighed. “I was supposed to grow my hair…”

Sakura transferred on her bed and saw her closet, especially the shirts from Jurina and Kaeun. She got up, grabbed Kaeun’s shirt, and hid it deeply inside her closet. She stopped to look at the other shirt and had an epiphany.

She needed to be firm. She shouldn’t get involved with the Black Angel anymore because it was fine that way.

+++

The class was done. Sakura and Miru walked out together and Miru decided to talk about something that she had observed. “Kkura, what happened to your hair?”

“I had it cut by mistake.” Sakura reasoned. “It’s not lame, right? Does it look more mature?”

“No wonder you had it tied. Actually, it isn’t that bad.” Miru spoke. “What made you cut it anyway?”

It’s because of that stupid giraffe.

“It was a trial.”

“Okay…” Miru nodded then wondered when Sakura got out of the gate with her. “You’re going somewhere?”

Sakura nodded and Miru bids her farewell. She was relieved and with Miru’s conversation, not only she was reminded of Kaeun but also of Jurina, especially when she scratched her face. She would’ve walked when Jurina exited the campus and went somewhere. Sakura was worried. Jurina might’ve hated her because of the scratch.

But there was the shirt. She was still eager to pay for the shirt, even if they might not be in good terms. And so, Sakura went to the crossing and walked a few struts until she arrived at a café.

“Welcome to HKT Café,” said the head barista. “How may I help you?”

“I saw your ad that you’re needing an extra employee. I’d like to have a slot as a part-time.”

“Great. Follow me.”

Sakura did so and they got to a small office. The woman asked for Sakura’s resume and luckily, the cherry blossom brought it.

“Anyway, my name is Sashihara Rino. I’m the head barista and the general manager for this café.” She began. “So you’re 18 years old and a high-school student?”

“Incoming. I’m in my fourth year.”

“You’re 16 years old. You don’t have to lie.”

. She found out.

Rino didn’t respond afterward, making Sakura a little fidgety. Of all the ads she found, this was the best shot she had. It was close to the school and it had a nice pay for a part-time job.

“Well, it’s part time.” Rino shrugged. “Then, you’ll start during summer break. And please call me ‘Sasshi’ when you start working here.”

Sakura was relieved. She shook Rino’s hand and settled the interview from there.

+++

Sakura was relieved that she got the job, resulting her to treating herself with good coffee from HKT Café. For the first time, she couldn’t expect to pass the interview but she was glad to pass. She took more sips and stopped to see Jurina. It seemed that she was back from her own endeavor.

“Jurina-san…” Sakura gulped her coffee down and drew closer.

She stopped as Jurina was gathered around by two people, the same interviewers that tried to recruit Kaeun and Yunjin. Sakura hid at a post, remembering that it was hard to call her out since the incident. Sakura found out about the interview and she gulped. Jurina was too good as her decent self that getting asked to be part of a modelling lineup doubled the absolute boundary between Jurina the Red Ace and Sakura the commoner.

“Huh? Sakura-chan?” Jurina had keen senses and noticed her.

“J-Jurina-san…” Sakura mumbled and showed herself. “Mind me…but I was just wondering if we can go home together…”

“I’m sorry. I can’t accept this.” Jurina forced the interviewers to leave before facing Sakura. “Of course. Let’s go, then.”

Sakura and Jurina went. During the walk, Sakura was relieved that it was still the usual Matsui Jurina to whom she adored. They got inside the campus again, with keen admirers seeing them. Sakura gulped of the exposure but she had another thing to tell Jurina.

“Jurina-san. I’m sorry about your face.” She mumbled, head lowered.

“I’m sorry too. I guessed I surprised you.” Jurina answered. “Rather than that, what happened to your hair?”

“I cut it myself. Since it’s almost summer break, it’s something like a change of pace to break off the heat.” Sakura said.

Jurina stopped her. Sakura gulped of the contact but she faced the Red Ace nonetheless.

“Sakura-chan, do you have a pair of scissors?”

“Yes. Why?”

Jurina didn’t say anything and pulled Sakura towards a bench. She lets Sakura sit, asked for her scissors, and got behind her.

“What are you going to do?” Sakura asked.

“To cut your hair, of course.” Jurina said as her skilled hands did the work.

Sakura felt Jurina’s fingers on her neck and left her strands being trimmed. As she indulged on the gesture of kindness, a sudden memory came to mind, especially in Jurina’s own.


It was the second day of Sakura’s stay in the dorm. She got up earlier than usual but she had decided to do so in order to look around the dorm. The place was sullen but a loud voice and a dragged body disrupted the morning.

“CHOI YENA!!” It was Kaeun. “WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ?!!”

“I’m s-so sorry, Kaeun-nim!” Yena got up and groveled like a duck.

“How many times do I have to ing tell you that garbage needs to be sorted properly!! HAVE YOU GOT NO BRAINS TO DO THAT? HUH?”

Sakura froze. Kaeun was always demeaning but this was a whole new level because the yelling turned into a situation wherein a giraffe was dragging the duck outside with her arm.

“What are you stepping in?!” Kaeun spat.

“T-The dorm?” Yena spoke.

“IT’S THE ING EARTH! YOU CAN BE NICE TO IT IF YOU SORT YOUR GARBAGE PROPERLY!”

Yena nodded many times and apologized many times, up to the point where she was shedding tears. Jurina and Yunjin came in and they were shocked. Yunjin was too scared to interfere. Jurina would’ve interfered when Sakura butted in.

“Hey!” She yelled. “She’s sorry, isn’t she? Now could you stop acting like a head and forgive her?!”

“Yah.” Kaeun looked at her. “What did you just say to me?!”

“That you’re a head.” Sakura spoke, shocking everyone that witnessed. “Just because she forgot to sort the garbage doesn’t mean she’s going to do it again. And besides, you shouldn’t do such to her. It’s unlady-like.”

Kaeun snickered and targeted Sakura next. The cherry blossom gulped as she was pinned by her. So much for her second day.

“Aren’t you that newbie?” Kaeun raised, getting a nod. “You got some guts to talk to me again, huh?”

Kaeun moved away, only to pull Sakura towards the center. She called Yunjin to gather everyone up and with her large voice, the dormers got out and gathered. Jurina got to her seat as Kaeun pushed Sakura so that everyone can look at her.

“This is a new dormer. She’s the one who cut my hair and the one who dared to talk to me.” Kaeun spoke then nudged Sakura. “Yah. Introduce yourself.”

Sakura gulped and spoke but Kaeun spat. “DON’T YOU HAVE A VOICE?! LOUDER!!”

“I am Miyawaki Sakura! I moved in yesterday!! Nice to meet you all!!” Sakura greeted as the other dormers greeted her back.

“All of you will implement proper behavior in getting along with her, understand?!” Kaeun spat.

“Yes, Boss Kirin!!”

Sakura thought the call was ridiculous that she ended up laughing softly. On cue, the dorm head arrived. “Ah…this is Sakura-chan. I’ve been expecting you.”

“Nice to meet you-“

“Akimoto Sayaka.” She said and Sakura greeted her again. “Welcome to the university dorm. The kids here are very nice so you can get along with them well. Isn’t that right, everyone?”

“Yes, ma’am!!”

“By the way, I shall tour Sakura-chan around-“

“I’ll do it, Akimoto-san.” Kaeun said. “I’m the student dorm head, after all.”

Sakura was ed up. There was no way she was letting the head of a giraffe do it.

“Ehh~~ such a good girl, you are. Then, I’ll leave it to you.”

Kaeun nodded, showing her eye-smiles. Sakura thought she looked pretty but once she showed her smirk, Sakura realized she wasn’t pretty. Not pretty at all.

Once Akimoto-san left, Kaeun also told everyone to go back to their businesses. Sakura thought she would get away for this when Kaeun grabbed her.

“What is it this time?” Sakura whined.

“You’re feisty for your second day.” Kaeun commented. “I won’t give you the tour because I’ll accompany that in the tasks that you’ll do.”

“Eh? What tasks?”

“When you cut my hair, you agreed to obey my orders.” Kaeun added. “You’ll do that for the whole time that you study here.” Kaeun added, pushing her away. “Now get back to your room!!”

Sakura hissed and went, swearing to the Lord Almighty that she will rage upon the stupid giraffe for her mistreatment

+++

Outside the luscious field of the school dorm, Kaeun was seated on a chair as a cloth wrapped around her. Jurina was with her as she was cutting the woman’s hair behind her back.

“That was quite the play, Kaeunnie.” Jurina commented, scraping the strands on the cloth. “Who would’ve thought the cherry blossom had the audacity.”

“Aish-don’t remind me of that. However, there’s no way I’ll let that stupid cherry blossom slip and let her off the hook.”

“Are you interested in her?”

“What the are you talking about?” Kaeun spat, looking back at her friend.

“Well, it’s the first time you got serious with someone in a different level.” Jurina said.

“I wasn’t.”

“Hmm…I wonder about that…” Jurina smirked. “It seems things are going to be very interesting.”

“What?!” Kaeun looked at her again.

“Look forward, please. I might cut your head off.” Jurina added before resuming her task.


“This actually reminded me of the time when I cut Kaeunnie’s hair.” Jurina said, finishing up with little trims.

“Now I’m reminded of that time she started this with me…” Sakura mumbled.

“Did you say something, Sakura-chan?” Jurina asked.

“I was just reminded of the time when I chopped her hair off.”

“Haha…that was quite the play. I had to fix her hair.” Jurina added. “I fix it most of the time. Kaeunnie wanted to grow it back but I was always eager to cut it. She looked cool with short hair.”

“Wow. Quite a friendship you have.” Sakura commented. “But Kaeun-san had quite the hair length. How did she manage to grow it that long? Did something happen?”

Jurina made Sakura look forward again. “Please stay still. It’s dangerous if you move. The scissors may be small but you could get hurt by it…and I’m done.” Jurina gave Sakura her little mirror. “What do you think?”

“Wow. This is pretty neat, Jurina-san.” Sakura wowed of her look. “Thank you.”

“You’re very welcome.” Jurina smiled and sat next to her. “Even if you’re hair got short, you still look cute.”

You and your flowery words, Jurina-san…

“Shall we go now, Sakura-chan?” Jurina lent a hand.

Sakura nodded and held back, their feet almost in sync of walking back home. Sakura cherished this moment, even if she didn’t have the right to feel so. She may have been with her for a while but she realized that because of the mishaps she had with Kaeun, it made her portray that she rejected Jurina’s efforts for her. The feeling of guilt was great that Sakura thought Jurina must have a right to reject her.

But with such actions and the boundary between them because of a scratch, Sakura realized that she had to step up and compensate Jurina’s efforts. Even if either of them will have the tendency to reject the other, Sakura thought she needed to give Jurina a chance.

Because for her, it’s how to properly show someone love.

+++

It was a sullen night, especially in the aces’ room. Jurina was on her workstation reading a book, uniform still on. For Kaeun, she was on her bed listening to her music, also with her uniform on. Jurina finished a chapter and called Kaeun. Luckily, Kaeun’s hearing was still keen that she responded to Jurina’s call.

“Can I ask you something, Kaeunnie?”

“What?”

“Remember the times I’m always with Sakura-chan?” Jurina spoke. “You’re worried for her, aren’t you?”

Kaeun hissed, almost throwing her headphones away. “What are you saying?”

“First, you disrupted a date wherein you stopped me from kissing her. And second, you were together at the amusement park.” Jurina commented. “I’m not that stupid, Kaeunnie.”

“But you are now.” Kaeun spat. “Those were all coincidences.”

“Fine…fine…” Jurina surrendered. “…but that doesn’t mean you’re not playing the game.”

Kaeun knew what Jurina meant and all those s bothered her. Jurina got closer as Kaeun did the same. Now, it felt like they were sitting on one table, facing each other.

“I know you, Kaeunnie. You remember that game as much as I do.” Jurina raised her eyebrow, smirk present onto her features. “We agreed to compete to who will have Sakura-chan.”

“And what do you imply?” Kaeun also raised.

“I have to tell you that I have the advantage. Even if there are no other witnesses, Sakura-chan’s into me.” Jurina added.

Kaeun knew that fact. She and Jurina were both cool and admired by many but she was a Black Angel, a wonderful person with a rotten core inside.

“I’m no different from you.” Kaeun spoke. “You’re getting her involved in our petty game-“

“This doesn’t have to do with you anymore.” Jurina spoke. “The game has begun. I care nonetheless of the events. She can and she WILL be mine.”

Kaeun chuckled. Jurina wouldn’t mind about but it was a different chuckle. She may look calm but she was just as provoked as Kaeun.

In the end of their atmospheres, both became one with the sullen night as their wills proved one thing…

…that Sakura can only be for either one of them.