In Between the Aces

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

A dreary Sakura marched weakly towards her room. With the rain stopped and the lessons over, Miru was able to go home while the rest of them went back to their rooms. Sakura got inside her own, rushing to a mirror. She gazed at her own reflection and stopped at her neck.

“It couldn’t be. What is this?” Sakura hissed and held her neck, specifically onto a part with a darker hue.

The thought of Kaeun’s hugging her and of her lips onto her skin made the conclusion of her mark. Sakura was damned and in reality, she released her scream.

“Is this what they call a kiss mark? Did I get a mark…from the Black Angel?”

She felt her body fall on the floor as she felt queasy. She got up again, only to faint on her bed. She cuddled onto her pillow, feeling unwell within the passing seconds.

There was definitely wrong her because who in the right mind would get after getting a mark? Who in the right would question of her own state? And who in the right mind would feel poison coursing through the body because of a mark?

A ring from her phone disrupted her. She checked her phone, getting a text from Miru.

Mirurun: I felt relieved talking to you about Kaeun-san. Thank you so much, Kkura.

Sakura was reminded of what Miru shared. With that came an idea that maybe, she felt weird because Kaeun did such a thing to her. She got up, grabbed a bandage from her first-aid kit and sealed her mark.

Sakura would’ve been annoyed but she didn’t feel like it. A part of her conscience contradicts the idea that she lets out a yelp. It then followed a sigh.

“I’m the worst. But I have to cheer Mirurun on.” Sakura huffed again. “For that stupid giraffe to harass me at this extent…” She mumbled as she buried her head onto her knees. “…what’s that ing Black Angel up to?”

“Sakura-chan?”

Sakura knew the voice that she got up to greet the person. “J-Jurina-san!”

“Hey, are you okay?” Jurina asked while leaning by the door.

Sakura insisted that she was fine but Jurina had keen eyes, pointing at a part of the cherry blossom’s body. “Is there something wrong with your neck? Did something hit you?”

Sakura became defensive and covered it. “It’s just…uh…” She thought of an excuse. “…a mosquito! Yes, a mosquito! There’s this big one that came and bit me.”

“A mosquito, huh? You sure about that?” Jurina asked again, eyes turning a little fiery. “Is it not the work of another person?”

“W-What?” Sakura was flustered.

“Mind me for jumping onto conclusions and please don’t mind about those questions. Anyway…” Jurina began. “…after the remedial exam, do you want to go on a date with me?”

Sakura spat another what. But then, she had a thought. Jurina was her alleged girlfriend and had helped her with the lessons. Surely she deserved to pay the White Devil after all those efforts she did.

All decisions were finally settled with Sakura’s nod. Jurina smiled but her inner conscience screamed happiness.

“But…”

“But?!”

“How about after class, Jurina-san?” Sakura asked.

“Sounds good to me.”

+++

It was a decent day. The low-ranked students took the remedial exams on their second period and got their results at the last period. The circle of friends went to the bulletin boards and checked their results.

They cheered. Thanks to the study session the aces did, all of them passed the remedial exam.

“It’s one hell of an unbelievable day for us.” Wonyoung said. “But we managed to pass the remedi exam with ease.”

“Agreed. Anyway…” Miru added. “…since it’s a Friday, do you guys want to hang out? We could play at the arcade or  have dinner outside.”

“Sorry.” Sakura sighed. “ I need to put that into a rain check because-“

“Sakura-chan~”

Class B’s classroom was close to the bulletin boards and its door opened as soon as Jurina got out and spoke those words. Most of the eyes were on the Red Ace as Sakura was reminded of her rain check.

It was all thanks to a date with the Red Ace.

“Shall we get going?” Jurina asked.

“Yeah.” Sakura nodded and got to her side.

Miru and Wonyoung cooed and teased Sakura as she got ready. The other admirers from Jurina’s class and outside of it were in a mantra of mumbles. Sakura was ready and walked with Jurina while glancing at her back.

She was relieved. The stupid giraffe of a Black Angel was out of sight.

“The mosquito bite tolled on your neck, huh?” Jurina spoke. “The bandage’s bigger than yesterday.”

Sakura gulped and covered her bandage. “In a way. Anyway, thank you for the study sessions, Jurina-san.”

“You’re very welcome.” Jurina smiled and held Sakura’s hand.

Sakura felt knots on her stomach and it intensified her heartbeats. The walk added a nerve-wracking perception as the students had eyes of them again, mostly showing the ambiance of jealousy.

Sakura was worried at first but Jurina’s hold assured her. She didn’t have the right worry because this day was going to be a fun date…

…or so she thought.

“Kaeun-nim! Please let me buy you something as thanks for tutoring me!” Yena was in front of the Black Ace, her inner duck determined and groveling at her feet.

“Me too, Kaeun-nim! For helping me study!” Yunjin bowed then joined Yena. “Please?”

With the aces in one setting, the admirers gathered around. Jurina chuckled, wondering what the two dorks were doing to her best friend. For Sakura, her gaze was suddenly glued to the Black Ace.

She was reminded on how fragile it was to be a victim of the Black Ace, on how the memory of a mark can trigger the inner poison and inner mix of emotions in her body. And it didn’t help Sakura one bit as her gaze landed onto the Black Ace’s lips.

And what the am I looking at?! Sakura snapped out of her thoughts. Am I a ert?

“Kaeunnie~” Jurina called her. “I’m going on a date today.”

“Sakura-chan.” Yena got close to her, whispering. “You’re compensating a date for your alleged girlfriend, huh?”

“Eh?! Are you two going out?!” Yunjin asked loudly.

“It’s a reward for Jurina-san because she helped me with the remedial exam! Jeez.” Sakura spat while blushing, shutting Yunjin up.

Jurina thought Sakura was cute. She chuckled while patting Sakura’s head, saying. “Now that the exams are over, we all need to play and have fun.”

“Right.” Yena and Yunjin agreed with the Red Ace.

“Why don’t you play with the two, Kaeunnie? Compensate their efforts of gratitude.” Jurina spoke.

The three weren’t aware but Kaeun got another look at Jurina’s fiery gaze, awakening the truest of her name as the White Demon.

“Whatever.” Kaeun mumbled.

Jurina wrapped an arm around Sakura as they walked away. “See you.”

“Yeah.” Kaeun mumbled again before they left.

“Come on, Kaeun-nim!” Yunjin’s voice disrupted her thought again. “We should go too~”

Yena joined her in linking their arms. Kaeun sighed as she didn’t have a choice but to come with them.

+++

Sakura remained seated inside a fast-food joint. It was crowded but most of the customers were a variety of couples. Jurina would’ve wanted to wait for a seat but being the gentlewoman  she was, she insisted Sakura to wait while she ordered their food.

The cheers went loud as heads of many turned to Jurina. Even if she was just carrying a tray full of burgers, fries, and two medium Cokes, she maintained her visuals and looked elegant. As described by her personality as the Red Ace and White Demon, she was sassy within a field of goodness.

Sakura never that this moment could come again but she was happy. It was an after-school date that she longed for. It comes true for the second time as she gets another date with Jurina.

“Sorry for the wait. I ordered the special cheeseburger for you.” Jurina said.

“Th-Thank you, Jurina-san.” Sakura bowed and handed some cash. “Here. My money for my order.”

“There will be none of that, Saku-chan.” Jurina sighed. “It’s my treat. I insist.”

“But-“

“Your stomach’s growling.” Jurina pouted and pointed at Sakura’s stomach. “Come on. Eat.”

“Thank you for the meal.” Sakura spoke and ate her burger.

Jurina joined her. She would look at an adorable Sakura as if she was calculating how to eat her special cheeseburger properly. Jurina couldn’t help her chuckle while she drank her Coke. For Sakura, she was like on Cloud Nine. No girl has even been very nice to her like Jurina was.

“I ordered your food based on the new menu. I hope you love it.”

“I love it. I really do, Jurina-san. This is delicious.” Sakura commented then looked at Jurina’s order. “But why’s your order smaller than mine?”

“I come to eat here most of the time and only order my favorite.” Jurina added while looking at the new menu.

Sakura responded and resumed eating. She gulped her recent bite and asked. “You must come here a lot because of a favorite meal, huh?”

“Yeah. Four times a week is a maximum number of times I come here.” Jurina shared. “I always eat teritama.”

“I see.” Sakura nodded. “Thank-“

Sakura was stopped when Jurina placed her drink down and inched her hand closer to Sakura’s face. The contact made Sakura’s heart pound again.

“You got some sauce.” Jurina wiped it off and had a taste by her thumb off. “This is delicious. I shall order it next time.”

Déjà vu happened and Sakura could faint. Her heart thumped and she felt hot. She thought she was going to combust out of embarrassment.

And she would as a frisky kid ran bumped onto her mom. The tray she carried had a large cup of orange juice that spilt onto Sakura, drenching her. What a way to cool down.

“OH MY GO—I’m so sorry!!” The mother panicked.

“It’s alright…” Sakura spoke.

“I’ll borrow a towel.” Jurina spoke as she went.

The mother was panicky and was still apologetic while her child cried like a spoiled brat. It caused a commotion and customers didn’t like it. Sakura realized the situation that she got her cup of juice.

“I haven’t touched it yet. You can have it.” Sakura gave it to the kid. “Do you like orange juice?”

The kid calmed down and accepted the offer, leaving the mom flustered and nervous.

“Thank you, dear. Let me at least pay you for the cleaning.” The mom insisted.

“It’s fine, ma’am. Don’t worry. It’ll dry off soon.” Sakura assured her.

The mom said her thanks and forced her kid to apologize. Sakura got a cute ‘sorry’ and accepted it. The mom gave one more apology and said her thanks, going to their table. The kid waved goodbye to Sakura and the cherry blossom waved back.

“Sakura-chan.” Jurina got to her and wiped her dry.

“I’m sorry, Jurina-san.” Sakura spoke.

“Eh? Why are you sorry?” Jurina wondered while wiping.

“Even though it’s part of a meal, you bought it for me.” Sakura lowered her head. “But I had to give it away.”

Jurina became soft and wiped Sakura still. Sakura felt nervous, thinking that her romance skills were zero but Jurina’s actions assured her again. She couldn’t help but feel that Jurina was too nice for her good.

“It’s okay. What you did was very nice.” Jurina commented. “And as much as you declined to clean up, I cannot afford to leave you at your state. You’ll get a cold.”

Sakura wondered when Jurina pulled her and they went out of the fast-food joint.

“Jurina-san! Where are we going?”

“To get you some new clothes, of course.”

+++

The two resumed their date by going on a clothing store. Jurina picked some clothes for Sakura to wear and a clerk was willing to assist them. Sakura was like a princess. Not only she tried various clothes but the clerk was also willing to do her makeup before she tried anything.

Sakura was tensed. It was the last set to try and it fitted very well. She couldn’t get out of the fitting room yet. She was very nervous.

“Sakura-chan~” Jurina called from the other side.

“Uhmm…J-Jurina-san…”

“Come on, Sakura-chan. Let me see.” Jurina spoke again. “You don’t have to be embarrassed.”

Sakura got out. Jurina eyed her from head to toe and she froze a bit. She couldn’t help herself because Sakura was very beautiful.

“Perfect. It’s looks very good on you.” Jurina applauded. “You like it?”

“Yes, Jurina-san.” Sakura spoke.

“Then I’ll buy it for you.” Jurina declared and got to the cashier while showing her card. “Can I pay with this?”

“Yes, ma’am.” The cashier spoke.

“Eh! Jurina-san!!” Sakura was shocked. “I can’t let you buy something like this for me!”

“But I already paid.” Jurina chuckled as they heard the ‘ching’.

“Thank you so much.” The clerk spoke then got to Sakura. “Let me remove the tag, miss.”

Sakura stood still until the tag was cut. She got the tag and gasped of the price.

The article was worth 400000 ₩. It was a thousand times more than her monthly budget.

“Jurina-san! This isn’t good!!” Sakura felt ashamed. “I’ll definitely pay you back!”

“Aw. Then I won’t look forward to it plus you’ll hurt my feelings.” Jurina pouted.

“Y-You won’t?”

Jurina felt her heartstrings stir because of Sakura’s innocence, even the clerks found them adorable.

“It’s perfectly fine, Sakura-chan. I don’t usually spend money. Besides…” Jurina added and another ‘ching’ was heard. “…I also bought one for myself. That way, we’ll have the same article.”

Sakura stopped protesting and waited for Jurina to change.

+++

The two of them got out. Sakura took the first notice, seeing people look at them and commenting good things about how good they look.

“Sakura-chan, you okay?” Jurina checked on her.

Sakura sighed and smiled. “This actually suits me…but my makeup’s too thin.”

Jurina adored her again and they walked together. The attention increased, mostly commenting on how Jurina looked. The ambiance made Sakura nervous.

“They’re still looking at us.” Sakura mumbled. “I think I’m embarrassing you, Jurina-san.”

“Hey. Don’t say that because that’s not true.” Jurina added as she held Sakura’s hand. “You’re the cutest girl I’ve ever met.”

“Jurina-san…” Sakura was flushed.

“Come on.” Jurina held her hand more tenderly. “There’s still one more place that I’ll take you.”

+++

Another fast-food joint was filled with reactions. Two giraffes were sitting and were face to face as all customers’ eyes were on them because of their model-like beauties.

“They’re looking at you, Kaeun-nim.” Yunjin talked.

“Yeah. Also to you.” Kaeun mumbled. “But it’s like I care.”

“Me too.” Yunjin added.

“Kaeun-nim! Yunjin-ah!” Yena returned with a large tray of food. “Sorry for the wait~”

“It’s about time!” Yunjin huffed and ate her meal while she scooted her fries. “For you, Kaeun-nim.”

“Your salad, Kaeun-nim. Less meat and more caesar dressing, just as you said.” Yena grinned and served the bowl.

Yena finally got to sit down with them and joined Yunjin in eating her meal. But the two froze as Kaeun was still unmoved.

“Kaeun-nim?” Yunjin called.

“Yena. Yunjin.” Kaeun called and they paid attention. “What are you two intending with this?”

“It’s food, Kaeun-nim.” Yunjin said. “It’s our sign of thanks to you.”

“Hm?! Don’t tell me you wanted something else!” Yena grew worried.

“It’s not that. I appreciate the food.” Kaeun said and ate with them.

Yunjin and Yena were happy and joined her when two people came to their table.

“Excuse me?” A lady spoke and the three stopped to look at her. “We’re from the Korean branch of Elle.”

“Would you mind if we take a picture of the two of you?” Her companion, a photographer, asked to Kaeun and Yunjin. “We’re having a special section of model-like students in the country.”

“What?” Kaeun glared, scaring the two. “I refuse to be part of that. Ask Yunjin instead.”

“I’m sorry but it’s also no for me.” Yunjin joined in. “You still have our friend, Yena.”

“A picture?” Yena posed. “Go ahead!”

The two were stale. It was Kaeun and Yunjin that they want, not Yena.

“If you don’t have business here, then leave us be.” Kaeun spat again.

The two apologized and left them. Yena huffed and ate again and Yunjin joined her. Kaeun saw their commotion, seeing the photographer commented how scary she was while the lady scolded her for not being very persistent.

“The foreign girl looks lovely but she can’t beat the black-haired girl. She’s cool and gorgeous.” A student admirer said as she was close to their table.

“See the uniform?” Her friend added. “She’s from PD48 University.”

“Daebak!” The first reacted again. “I want to take a picture of her but the duck’s in the way.”

The three were aware. Yena almost spits her food and Yunjin lost her mood to eat. Kaeun glared at those students and they were silenced. The two also kept in mind not to bother them again.

“They’re idiots.” Yunjin mumbled.

“Nah. Of course, their targets would be you two. It’s natural.” Yena shrugged while commenting.

“Leave me out of that. It’s Kaeun-nim that they really want.”

“Right.” Yena agreed with Yunjin. “Must be nice to feel being admired, right Kaeun-nim?”

“It’s a privilege for you, Kaeun-nim.” Yunjin added. “You’ll get to choose anyone you want.”

“Like I care.” Kaeun spoke and decided to eat Yunjin’s fries.

Kaeun froze and gulped. She hastily grabbed some water and drank.

“Yena, you gave me the wrong fries!” Yunjin was concerned for Kaeun that she tasted the fries. “I said no salt. Kaeun-nim doesn’t eat food with too much salt. I ordered it specially for her.”

“Sorry!” Yena switched the fries. “Gosh. No wonder I didn’t taste anything!”

Yena apologized. Kaeun sighed and ate the real fries Yunjin offered. She found them delicious and ate more, leaving Yena and Yunjin to smile.

“Kaeun-nim.” Yena started conversation again. “Do you have anyone that you like?”

Kaeun didn’t answer at first. But as she looked at the window and saw two familiar people, she finally spoke. “No. But there’s someone that’s pissing me off.”

“Who?” Yunjin looked to where Kaeun looked.

“Wait! Isn’t that Jurina-san?!” Yena spoke and inched to the window. “And Sakura’s with her?!”

They saw their faces, even their matching clothes. Yunjin and Yena had their reactions while Kaeun was still glued onto them.

“I got to tell you. Sakura’s giving off a new vibe. She looks pretty.” Yunjin commented.

“Ha! Jurina-san gives off that feeling when she goes to dates.” Yena added and reacted again. “Oh my…they’re going to the direction where there’s a love motel up ahead.”

Yunjin gasped. “Don’t tell me they’re going to stay over there?!”

“Oi.” Kaeun spoke, shutting the two up. “Jurina may act like a playgirl but she isn’t irrational to do such thing.”

“You’ll never know, Kaeun-nim.” Yena spoke, pressing her face onto the glass. “Rumor has it that there’s never someone who’d go on a date with her that she’s take out.”

“And if you look at it, Sakura acted stranger than usual.” Yunjin added.

Yena got to her seat and checked the location as proof. “Look, Kaeun-nim. They’re going to the direction where the motel’s at. I’m sure Jurina-san will take Sakura there.”

“Enough.” Kaeun spat.

Yunjin made a face at Yena. The big ducky was silenced and they resumed eating.

Kaeun would’ve eaten in peace but she was honest to herself. Seeing Jurina with Sakura really did piss her off.

+++

Jurina and Sakura arrived at a bridge. Sakura was quick to stand by the railings and admire the view. She saw the sky painted in orange hues and purples, the view of islands and buildings, and even a construction site for an amusement park.

“Wow…this is beautiful.” Sakura commented.

“You like it?” Jurina asked and stood next to her.

“I love it, Jurina-san.” Sakura added. “I usually saw this spot featured on TV many times but it’s my first time coming here.”

“That’s good. I wanted to show it to you.” Jurina said. “The scenery is prettiest at this time of the day.”

Sakura admired Jurina’s words. She would’ve had the time of her life for she was going on a date with the Red Ace. But on this point, she was with the White Demon, a person with a very nice attitude but is actually an enigma.

How could Sakura have a thought like that? Well, she would’ve reckoned that with Jurina’s playgirl personality, she had taken previous dates at the same spot too.

Jurina’s gaze towards Sakura stopped the cherry blossom of her thoughts.

“I’m curious of that construction site.” Sakura pointed. “I think they’ll build an amusement park there.”

“It’ll be done next week for a festival. Maybe we can go there next week.” Jurina said.

“That would be nice.”

“Say, Sakura-chan. Have you heard of the jinx of the Ferris wheel?” Jurina asked.

“Yeah.” Sakura nodded. “Couples who ride and kiss on the Ferris wheel will be bound together forever.”

“I used to wish about it when I was a kid. I swore that if I found someone that I like, I’d ride with her.” Jurina looked at Sakura. “But I don’t need to wish no more because she’s here next to me.”

Sakura felt her system reboot and absorb Jurina’s words. She faced the Red Ace and wondered. “Was that…was that why I’m here with you?”

“Oops. I slipped my mouth.” Jurina spoke.

Sakura felt the same and had her face flushed. “What I said! That didn’t sound like a confession, right?!”

“Sakura-chan.” Jurina looked into her eyes. “What do you think of Kaeunnie?”

“Huh? What do I think about the Black Ace?”

Jurina nodded and had a serious look. Sakura felt her chest pound and she was torn.

What does she really think about Kaeun?

“Honestly, she pisses me off.”

The answer made Jurina snort and break out of laughter. “Oh, my. That’s the first I heard from someone say that about her.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t get it myself.” Sakura huffed. “She may be your best friend and all but it’s what I think.”

“But is that really all?”

“What?” Sakura reacted again.

“Right here.” Jurina pointed at the right side of her neck. “Kaeunnie did that to you, didn’t she?”

Sakura realized her bandage and she flipped out, covering it immediately. She didn’t want to talk about it but she couldn’t lie in front of Jurina.

“How…H-How did you…”

“I had a hunch.” Jurina shared. “You know, Kaeunnie has been doing things she had never done before…ever since she met you.”

“Jurina-san…”

Jurina looked at the view again but she continued talking. “Kaeunnie might still look like she doesn’t care about anything but she seems to adapt to others slowly.”

Sakura gulped. Jurina was supposed to smile but the ambiance felt dark. Was this the White Demon and not the Red Ace?

She gulped again as Jurina faced her. She felt Jurina grab her close and they looked at each other’s eyes.

“That mark on your neck makes me pissed at her.” Jurina mumbled. “That’s because I’m interested in you, Sakura-chan.”

“J-Jurina-san…” Sakura was shocked.

“Shall we kiss?” Jurina asked with a smirk.

Sakura froze. Jurina used it as her chance as she pulled Sakura close, her hand touching Sakura’s chin.

“Sakura-chan…” Jurina mumbled as she shuts her eyes and inches closer.

“J-Jurina-san! Wai-“

One hand pushed Jurina away and the other pulled Sakura’s head away. They were shocked to see the owner of those hands.

“Yah, Jurina.” She spoke. “You’re one dumb dog and you have bad taste for women.”

Jurina snickered. “Right…”

“Stop talking that useless …”

“How mean of you, Kaeunnie.” Jurina spoke as she crossed her arms. “You’re just as worse. Eavesdropping is wrong, don’t you think? Besides…” She drew forward. “…Sakura-chan and I are in the middle of our date.”

“I just happened to pass by.” Kaeun spat. “It’s coincidence seeing you two here.”

Sakura acted on impulse and got away. She gulped of being in between a feud of aces, of an angel and demon, and of a stupid giraffe and a dumb dog.

Jurina would’ve drawn to Sakura but Kaeun was always one step ahead of her, holding Sakura within her grasp. Sakura became a raging puppy, forcing herself to let go.

“This thing belongs to me.” Kaeun spat at Jurina.

“Let go of me, you stupid giraffe!” Sakura struggled.

Kaeun pulled Sakura to follow her, leaving the cherry blossom to struggle and freezing Jurina onto her place. When the two were out of sight, Jurina face-palmed herself and leaned on the railings.

Jurina was dubbed as the White Demon. She may have a nice persona but when triggered, she can be very dangerous. Her date with Sakura was all play at first, like a ship testing the waters. But she believed that this was getting real.

Alas. She didn’t do anything from stopping Kaeun in taking Sakura away. Because one, Kaeun always won and two, a part of mind considered it more as a competition.

Jurina looked back and chuckled. “I conclude that this is getting more interesting.”

+++

A lot of things happened within that day. Yena and Yunjin were eating ice cream while looking for Kaeun. Jurina was still dejectedly watching the view. And Kaeun, the one that the two dorks looked around for, was now pulling a cherry blossom to follow her.

Sakura was in the borderline of her temper. It was sudden for Kaeun to just pop out and get herself pulled to follow her dark-ship of a stupid giraffe. The previous actions and the recent grip on her wrist didn’t suffice in lowering it one bit.

“Wait! That hurts!!” Sakura yelled while struggling. “Why! Aren’t you! Letting go?!!”

Kaeun didn’t answer and continued pulling. Sakura was losing it.

“Is it because of the curfew?!! There’s still time, isn’t there?!” Sakura snapped again.

They got to a park. Kaeun picked a bench where there wasn’t much people and forced Sakura to sit down.

“Stop yelping.” Kaeun spat.

Sakura could only freeze on her spot. If she were to get away, Kaeun will always be ahead to stop her. For now, she looked away and Kaeun stood right in front of her.

Sakura thought this was the very worst. Out of all people she wished to see when the day ends, it had to be the Black Angel.

“Yah. Face me.” Kaeun demanded.

Sakura didn’t want to. Kaeun was the impatient one as she held Sakura’s face with both hands. It stirred the heartstrings and the poison inside Sakura’s whole being, making her weak. Kaeun’s gaze was still locked into her but they went down to her neck.

Kaeun clicked a tongue and got  the bandage off. “Stop playing useless tricks.”

“K-Kaeun-san-“

“Shall I make your body remember?” Kaeun raised an eyebrow as she pulled Sakura up. “Shall I remind you who your master is?”

Sakura grew weaker as Kaeun held her and inched closer, losing their gaps with every second. Sakura had it coming, that Kaeun was going to kiss her again.

She didn’t understand. Her mind and heart doesn’t want it to happen again but her body betrayed her that she shuts her eyes and also inched closer.

Kaeun froze and smirked. Sakura opened her eyes and she sees the devious smile present on the Black Angel’s features. “What’s this? Are you waiting?”

Sakura was ed up. Her face was flushed not out of good feelings but to the bad once, especially with annoyance.

“Yah!” Sakura spat and pushed Kaeun away. “What the is wrong with you?! Haven’t you had enough already?!! Why are you always teasing me like this?!!!”

Kaeun gave a deadlier look. Sakura was trapped onto it but she felt breaking down just seeing it.

“Because you always make me irritated.”

Sakura was losing her mind. Why was the stupid giraffe messing with her even with a stupid answer?

“What’s with that response? What are you even saying?!”

“It shouldn’t be your concern. Because come to think of it…” Kaeun spoke again. “…you already have such feeling, right?”

“What do you mean having such a feeling?!” Sakura huffed. “ I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“You don’t?” Kaeun raised an eyebrow as she drew closer again.

“Yah, Lee Kaeun!!” Sakura spat as Kaeun gripped her again. “Let go of me! I’m going to scream that you’re assaulting me if you don’t let go!”

“Are you blind? No one’s here but us.” Kaeun spat. “Struggling away from me and yelling at me to go away won’t help your cause.”

Sakura was shocked that Kaeun pulled her at another place. She pinned her to a tree and Sakura was almost going to piss herself from her fear. She tried struggling but it was useless, as if Kaeun had unexplainable strength that could stop her from doing anything.

Sakura saw Kaeun’s face inching closer to her own. The cherry blossom couldn’t help but plead. “Kaeun-chan…you can’t…”

“Shut up.” Kaeun spoke, breath fanning onto Sakura’s lips.

“S-Someone…w-will s-see us…” Sakura mumbled again.

It was her last draw of defense and the first phase of her flushed state. Her eyes were shut, her hands made fists, and her lips felt heat as they were pressed on another pair.

Sakura felt weak that she dropped onto her knees. The contact was broken for a few minutes but it returned. Bigger hands pinned smaller ones, a bigger body was close to the smaller one, and lips were firmly pressed up until they breathed for air and up until another exchange happened.

Sakura’s feelings mixed. Kaeun was supposed to piss her off but why? Why couldn’t she shake her away?

Why couldn’t she push her away and let this happen to herself?