A School Festival With the Aces (Part 1)

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

Another days has come to the world, let alone in PD48 University. The days of usual quizzes, homework, and more quizzes and homework after a lesson would’ve happened but an announcement was disseminated instead. Such was the case for one class as they almost got a fright since their teacher suddenly slammed their table.

“Summer break might’ve been over but not our semester, which brings us to the announcement-“

“Just lay it out, teach.” Yena demanded.

“Okay, okay…” The teacher raised. “It’s time for the athletic festival!!”

“What? Didn’t we have a tournament not long ago?” Yunjin also raised. “Was that event just for fun, then?”

“Yes and yes.” The teacher nodded. “As we all know, its date is close to our school’s foundation day so the events are merged into one. Outsiders and family members are welcome to celebrate and as members of this institution, we must participate in the events so do your best!”

“Yes!!”

“Class representatives, this is your time to shine!” The teacher spoke while leaving the room.

Once the teacher got out, the class became a ruckus. Ideas bombarded here and there as they were overwhelmed about the event and their break from constant schoolwork. It was all fun and excitement until a Black Ace had to quiet them down.

“Yena. Yunjin. You take the floor.”

The other giraffe and ducky accepted and got up front, starting the discussions.

+++

Time went by as much as the ideas for the school celebration got larger. All classes in PD48 University have made up their plans for their school celebration, with the class representatives making up their teams for the specific sports for one of the celebration’s highlights: the athletic festival. The students were bewildered to have another set of games at first but who wouldn’t be glad since classes would be suspended? Also, it was a celebration for everyone who would come to witness so the fun was greater than it would usually be.

For the case of one team, it had the aces in it, giving that team an advantage since the two were so good in playing. Some students had their questioning suggestions to why they were in a team while the fangirls were fangirls, caring nonetheless of team composition and only caring about how awesome they looked when they practiced, like how they ogled at Kaeun for being so fast at running for the relay.

“Why are the Red Ace and Black Ace on the same team? They have the advantage!”

“As expected from the Black Ace! She outran everyone!”

“You’re so cool, Kaeun-san!!”

Kaeun finished first and she was still looking fine, as if she wasn’t tired. For the others, they were sweaty and parched, especially Sakura.

“That was intense…” Sakura panted, eyes towards Kaeun. “Does that woman…have no weaknesses at all?”

“I’m afraid not.” Miru mumbled as she made records. “But your running’s not suitable for relays, even if you had good initial speed.”

Sakura just nodded as her eyes glued towards Kaeun still. She was swarmed by admirers and refused Yena’s suggestion of putting her on the relays. Despite all that, Sakura’s gaze glued towards her because of some things.

With all she felt towards the stupid giraffe and of her actions towards her, was it love? If it was, how can she even assure it?

“Everyone sure is active about the athletic festival, just like when we had the class athletic festival.” Sakura spoke.

“It’s the school’s foundation day, Kkura. Everyone in school will be hyped.” Miru spoke. “Also, the athletic festival has flourished over the years and fans have been coming from all over the area.”

Sakura understood the logic as Miru continued to record for the other runners. She thought of asking Miru about her inner thoughts but it might be inappropriate.

And it had to be wiped out of her head as someone was back-hugging her.

“Sakura-chan~” It was Jurina. “We’re in the same team. I’m so happy~”

Miru thought it was sweet as others couldn’t help their gossip. Sakura notices and held Jurina’s arms. “Jurina-san-“

“Break a leg.” Jurina delivers her signature smile. “Did you hear about the three-legged race? Why not pair up with me?”

Sakura’s face went a little red, probably because of Jurina’s cunning smile. But she coughed and lets herself go off the hug. “Jurina-san, we can’t pair up despite being in the same team because we’re not in the same class-“

“Giant hamster ball incoming!!” Yunjin yelped.

Rolling inside a giant hamster ball was another event but in this case, one of the balls involuntarily rolled out of their positions, causing other people to quickly move away. The ball kept on rolling and it was aiming towards Kaeun. The others warned that it was dangerous but Kaeun just turned around, just in time for Jurina to back her up. Together, they stopped the giant hamster ball from rolling any further.

“Is anyone injured?” Jurina asked everyone, getting head shakes.

“Are you alright, Yuri?” Yena asked her, getting a nod. “Is everyone alright?”

The others voiced up and they squealed like princesses saved by their princes. Two princes, to be exact. They gathered around the aces, thanking them for their courageous act. Once again, Sakura gave credit for their act and appeal, even Miru thought it was amazing.

For the aces, they gave their responses: Jurina with her welcoming gestures and Kaeun with her stern nods.

“Kaeunnie.” Jurina faced the other ace. “Keep the matches you participate to a minimum.

Kaeun rolled her eyes but said, “Yes.”

All of them resumed their practices as Yena and Yuri returned the giant hamster ball.

“You did great too, Yena.”

And it was that moment that Yena knew, she squealed internally then said her thanks to Yuri.

+++

The dormitory life went on like usual. In the case of Sayaka, she had gotten a lot of applications for new dormers. In the case of the old dormers, it was laundry day. And in the case of Kaeun, she was walking around like an inspector.

“The Black Ace is walking down the hallway!” One squealed. “It must be nice. It makes me want to go to their turf.”

“Yes. I wonder if the Red Ace has returned~” Another joined her.

Sakura happened to pass by and hear the conversation, laundry basket full of clean and dry laundry in hand. She was heading to her room and would’ve been resting but instead, she got a drink and contemplated…

…and it was about Kaeun again.

To her, she was the Black Angel and the stupid giraffe. But to everyone else, she was the Black Ace. She wondered why people ogled on Kaeun when she looked scary. She even wondered to what appeal Kaeun had and how she was with others since she didn’t see any appeal and they did nothing but quarrel most of the time.

“Sakura~” The cherry blossom yelped as a duck opened the door.

“Yena~!” Sakura huffed. “Don’t you know how to knock?”

“Sorry. I’m just excited to talk about something.” Yena said as she got in. “Is now a good time?”

“Anytime would’ve been better. Anyways…” Sakura downed her drink. “…what is it that you need to say?”

Yena talked about the foundation day, specifically with the final plans for the athletic special and something special for the dormers, shocking Sakura.

“Seriously?! The dormers will be holding a performance for the athletic festival?!”

“As part of the committee with Yunjin, we had to consider other plans. With a lot of people coming and with the foundation day, we decided to add more events.” Yena added. “In the meantime, Yunjin and I managed to borrow some props.”

“What about the aces?”

“Well, Jurina-san said that she wasn’t interested…” Yena pouted then grinned. “…but she’ll join if Kaeun-nim will so she’s okay with it!”

“Idiot. What will happen if both of the aces say no, especially Kaeun-san?” Sakura raised an eyebrow. “What will you do?”

“That’s why I have to ask Kaeun-nim this instant.” Yena said as she grabbed Sakura and hoisted her up.

Sakura almost yelped but the two went towards Yena’s room, seeing a box full of props from costumes to wigs.

“Yunjin and I have waited long for this. We wanted to create events that everyone can join.” Yena said as she grabbed a wig and puts it on. “I know! How about a cosplay dance?”

From Sakura’s perspective, Yena looked like a syndicate. “There’s no way I’d wear that and join. How much more the aces?”

Yena disregards Sakura’s comment and tossed a boy’s school uniform to her. Looking at the article, Sakura thought about what Yena said about events that the students will enjoy.

And then she was reminded about Kaeun’s smile. That smile that she plastered at the horse sanctuary. That genuine smile that didn’t hide sincerity.

That smile Sakura seemed to love.

If Sakura would see that smile again, then maybe she can confirm her feelings towards Kaeun.

“Yena-chan?” Sakura called. “I think I have an idea.”

+++

Kaeun was returning to her room after doing the laundry. She got to check her phone while holding her neat laundry basket, seeing a missed call from her mother. Kaeun stopped then puts her phone in her pocket until-

“Kaeun-nim…hey!” “Kaeun-san…hey!”

Kaeun looked back and saw Yena and Sakura, wearing costumes and chanting her name through a cheer. Kaeun had her eyes wide because of this stunt but she returned to her cold persona and stopped them. “What do think you’re doing, you idiots?”

“You can be cool without interrupting, thanks.” Sakura spat as Yena cackled to keep her cool.

“Don’t go yet because this is gonna be cool, Kaeun-nim.” Yena went to her side.

“What do you want?”

“We want you to come and cheer with the dormers in the athletic festival. It’s Sakura’s idea.”

“You guys do whatever you want.” Kaeun said and continued to walk.

Sakura thought Kaeun was giving a blunt answer. Yena kept persuading Kaeun to come, saying it’ll be lonely without her and that she wanted to see her cheering spirit so badly. Sakura wanted to try and persuade Kaeun too but she was worried they’ll argue again.

But what was that kind of persona to Sakura, anyway?

“Please join the cheering squad along with everyone!” Sakura joined them, putting her palms together. “Alright?”

“You’re rubbing this the wrong way.” Kaeun hissed and still walked.

Yena’s excitement slowly went down as Kaeun walked away, declining their offer. Sakura and Yena felt embarrassed and felt dejected. The happy virus Yena felt that it was impossible, that she got excited for nothing.

“Don’t give up yet!” Sakura nudged her. “I’ll find a way to make her join!”

That stopped Kaeun from her track. She looked back at a dejected Yena and Sakura comforting her. Somehow, that view tugged a small string of compassion in her heart that she puts her basket of laundry in her room and went to them.

“Why do you want me to join so badly?”

Sakura and Yena looked back with the duck wiping back a bit of her tears. Yena was still in her sad trance that Sakura answered for them. “We want you to join so that you’ll have happy memories.”

“Same answer, Kaeun-nim!” Yena spoke, regaining her smile.

“It’s for the happy memories, Kaeun-san. I want us to make a ton of them together.” Sakura added. “All of us do…”

That little string of compassion inside Kaeun’s heart continued to tug. Yena tried to persuade her one more time whereas Sakura had an idea.

This incident of persuading the Black Ace  to be part of their shenanigans reminded Sakura of the same thing during the ball tournament. She decided to give it another shot. After all, Kaeun agreed last time and maybe, she’ll agree again.

“What a waste of time – “

“Wait!” Sakura shushed her then posed. “If you agree to join us, I’ll do anything you say in exchange.”

And Sakura was right off the bat. Kaeun’s interest perked up instantly. “Oh, really? Anything?

And , was Sakura stupid of doing that same thing that led to her badly satisfying doom? What was she saying?

“Y-You’re only limited to one request! Only one!” Sakura clarified, face flushed.

“So you’ll absolutely submit?”

Sakura nodded. Kaeun smirked and inched closer to her. “This is gonna be interesting.” She whispered on Sakura’s ear. “I won’t go so easy on you, this time around.”

Sakura felt the mushy all over again. But this time, she wasn’t going to fall for it as she moved away. “That’s just what I was hoping for!”

“See you then.” Kaeun maintained her smirk as she walked back to her room.

Those words were enough to get an approval and to get Yena’s inquisitive spirit back. She squealed and hugged Sakura, thanking her for this opportunity. Sakura just laughed but her conscience was dying.w

This was going to be another mishap for her. It turned out to be digging her own grave.

+++

Another day came and it was training for the athletic festival in the large field. Each student of the different classes formed with their teammates and did rounds of practices in the games and in the cheering. Everyone was having a great time but with a condition she willingly agreed, Sakura was not having any of it.

She looked at Kaeun in full attendance but in empty cheering spirit. She was just sitting on the bleachers, watching the others and not giving an ounce of towards anything. Sakura heard the words from the others students about their happiness – now that Kaeun was with them – and hope – that Kaeun would join them in the games. Sakura knew that her presence was just for the cheering team but with little to no enthusiasm Kaeun was showing, she doubted if their guts on persuading was a good idea to begin with.

Sakura face-palmed. She should’ve known Kaeun wasn’t the type to do such things.

But she froze as Kaeun spared a glance at her. She would’ve checked on her when Yena made her announcement. “Practice time for the three-legged race, everyone!”

The players grouped with their favorite pairs. Yena went to pick Yuri and as Sakura looked around, most of them were already paired. “Hey! What about me?”

Kaeun saw and heard it. Somehow, her conscience wanted to step in but well…

“Kaeun-nim, do our legs tied properly?” Yena asked as she had Yuri around her arm.

“How about us, Kaeun-nim?” Yujin asked then did a fist bump to her partner. “Let’s do well, Sakura-chan.”

Kaeun just nodded and they were good to go. Sakura had to spare a glance back at her and saw Kaeun’s mouth twitch into a smile.

Even if it was a small twitch, Sakura felt so happy.

“We’re short one group for jousting!”

Jousting was the game wherein two members carrying one member holding a rubber lance, forming a towering group, just a rider with its horse and lance. Two groups compete in strength in endurance and the group that had their member fall first, loses.

“Sian!” Kaeun called. “Come with me.”

“The Black Ace is going to joust!”

It sent cheers and squeals from the entirety of the large field. Everyone watched Sian and Yunjin team up with her and the duo carried Kaeun as she held a black rubber lance. Sakura looked at the teams competing, gaze focused on Kaeun.

Kaeun was smiling. Some call it hype but Sakura considered it as her pure expression of happiness, something that she can’t help but love.

The game went on and everyone stopped to watch. Kaeun was competing with Wonyoung carried by Haeyoon and Goeun and they were aiming their lances straight. Kaeun told Sian and Yunjin to walk faster and the duo obliged and marched simultaneously. Kaeun and Wonyoung were almost at the center point when Jurina got to the sides. After witnessing Kaeun’s antic, she stopped discussing a strategy with her teammates and got closer, near enough for her to talk to Kaeun while far for her to not cause any injuries.

“Kaeunnie! Are you joining the other matches too?” Jurina spoke as she walked with Sian and Yunjin’s pace. “I heard that you were going to be in a program with some dormers. Is that true?”

Kaeun heard her but her kinetics were quick to deflect Wonyoung’s lance with her own. It was now like a sword fight and everyone was hyped in cheering. Nonetheless, Kaeun got to Jurina’s attention and nodded.

“You’re really eager, aren’t you?”

“In a way.” Kaeun answered and knocked Wonyoung off of her stance.

The cheers of the students overlapped Jurina’s shocked look. All of that had to end since the three-legged race will start soon. The players got to their places and with the stunt Kaeun pulled earlier, Sakura was eager to have the same spirit. “Let’s also do our best, Yujin!”

Oh, the things she feels for some stupid giraffe…

+++

It was a weekend and Sakura’s schedule for her part-time job. The job was going smoothly until Sakura went to Rino. “Sasshi-san, can I post this?”

Rino checked the poster and her interest quirked up. “Oh, sure. You can post it by our public bulletin board.”

Sakura did just that, posting in on the center. She looked back and thought it was lovely. Rino felt the same.

“It’s lovely, Sasshi-san. Thank you for letting me post this.”

“I should be the one to say that, Sakuratan. This goes for all of you.” Rino added. “Your services would’ve only be for summer vacations but the café’s thriving on the weekends too.”

“That’s fine, Sasshi-san. Just give us a raise.” Haruka added before greeting a customer.

“You’re a full-timer here, you dingdong!”

“But I work on weekends too!” Haruka added. “I want a raise!”

Rino considered it as a good deal and she and Sakura went back to making orders.

“If you all have time, please visit our school’s athletics festival!” Sakura announced.

Some customers considered. Rino and Haruka agreed to go. For Hyewon…

“This…” She spoke as she stopped to look at the poster. “Is Kaeun in it too?”

“Of course…” Sakura answered. “Why?”

Hyewon shrugged it off, saying. “I’ll come too.”

“We’ll become your cheerers, Sakuratan.” Rino added as Haruka and Hyewon nodded.

Sakura was happy about it. For now, they had to resume their work.

+++

Sakura was rushing out of her train to get to the dorm. It was almost time for curfew and if she was late, she was going to get scolded by Kaeun again. As she walked towards the university, Sakura saw Kaeun by a corporate building. As a dormitory head with Jurina, surely Kaeun had her principles of curfew, making Sakura wonder why she was still outside.

She would’ve gone ahead but some girls bumped into Kaeun. Kaeun glared at her and the latter spat about it.

“Are you looking for a fight? Get over here then!”

Sakura was shocked as her worry fueled. She would’ve faced them when a businessman and a woman got out of the building. Nonetheless, Sakura decided to interfere.

“Kaeun-ah.” The businessman spoke. “Are you in some kind of trouble again?”

“Are you students? Which school are you from?” The woman threatened as she got her phone. “I’ll call the police for your misbehavior in harassing my daughter!”

Sakura froze and watched. The woman was checking on her whereas the businessman hissed and crossed his arms.

Kaeun’s parents.

“Jaeyong, don’t you dare look at your daughter like that.” The woman spat. “She didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Whatever, Sooyoung.” He hissed. “Good grief. After I thought she finally answered our request to meet, she’s still the same as always.”

“It’s her mom and dad…” Sakura mumbled.

Sakura remembered the voices when she answered that call and it came to life at that one situation. She didn’t care about that. What worried her was the look in Kaeun’s eyes after she saw them. Now, she watched them go. Jaeyong was ahead whereas Sooyoung was by Kaeun’s side.

Sakura had to return to her reality was it was five minutes till curfew. She cussed and ran inside the university towards the dorms.

+++

It was now thirty minutes pass nine. The dormers were in their own leisure before going to bed. For Sakura, she was at the lounge looking at the clock. She got up and went to the information area where Sayaka was.

“Akimoto-san, has Kaeun-san returned?”

“She’s not back yet,” said Sayaka.

“But it’s past curfew hours ago…”

“It’s fine. She got the clear this morning.” Sayaka said. “She’s having quality time with her family.”

Sakura just nodded but somehow, she couldn’t help her worry. Sayaka’s explanation would’ve been clear but judging from Kaeun’s look, the atmosphere of quality family time was far from wonderful.

Because when Sakura looked back, now matter how much she looked at it, she realized why Kaeun felt and looked cold.

Speaking of the Black Angel, she arrived. Sakura’s worry proved through Kaeun’s appearance. She looked chill and was the usual Black Ace but her eyes were sunken. Not only that, Sakura saw the giraffe-themed bandage that covered the large bruise on her cheek.

“K-Kaeun-san…hey…” Sakura greeted.

Kaeun just looked back and went to the information area, writing her name in the logbook. Sayaka even welcomed her and offered some treats she got from Hokkaido.

“I’m good, Akimoto-san.” Kaeun spoke. “Good night.”

Sayaka replied and Kaeun went ahead. Sakura couldn’t let it slip that she rushed behind her. “Your cheek. What happened to it?”

“It’s nothing.”

“What do you mean, ‘It’s nothing.’?” Sakura added. “Did your dad do that to you?”

Kaeun stopped to look back. The sunken eyes she had turned fiery. Sakura felt scared and stupid for meddling but the worry was just taking over. “And that bandage…did your mom patch it up – “

“Leave me alone.” Kaeun spat and went up towards her quarters.

“Hey! I can’t just leave you alone!” Sakura said as she climbed up the stairs too. “Regardless, we have to treat that – “

“Stop it.” Kaeun grew angry. “Just shut up and get back to your room!”

Sakura froze and her heart sank as Kaeun faced away. Her demeanor showed anger but her eyes were teary and full of sadness. Sakura sighed and say by the stairs, a hand on her face.

What’s with that? He’s done nothing but talk down to me…

“Sakura-chan.” Jurina poked her head and got her hand off of her face. “Were you planning to go the Alpha quarters?”

Sakura was reminded of the bathroom incident. It turns out that there are Omega and Alpha quarters within the dormitory: Alpha was for the dorm head and dorm leaders while Omega was for the rest of the dormers.

“Jurina-san…”

“Dormers who aren’t the leaders and aren’t dorm heads aren’t allowed in that area without any valid reasons…” Jurina grinned as she inched closer to Sakura. “But if you kiss me, sure~”

Sakura looked away. How could she forget that Jurina was the vice-dorm leader herself?

“A kiss?!”

“Yes. If you do that, you’ll get the special treatment of going to the Alpha quarters anytime!”

“Jurina-san, you’re such a tease…” Sakura sighed and moved away.

“I told you I’d bother you right?” Jurina winked. “I’ll save the rest for another day.”

Jurina bids Sakura goodnight as the latter was still on her place. She couldn’t help but be worried for Kaeun still.

For Jurina’s case, she greeted Sakura with a smile but as she was out of her sight, her smile was gone. She got to the room she shared with Kaeun, seeing her change.

“Are you alright, Kaeunnie?”

“I’m in the middle of changing.”

Jurina turned around and as a creak was heard, she turned around again to see Kaein sitting on her bed. Jurina closed the door and got to her desk, sitting on her chair.

“Didn’t you meet up with your parents?” Jurina asked. “How’s Aunt Sooyoung?”

Kaeun didn’t spare a word. Jurina just shrugged and averted the topic. “The athletics festival is tomorrow and it’s gonna be grand. A lot of parents and outsiders will be coming.”

“So?”

“So…” Jurina spoke as her fiery eyes met Kaeun’s. “You’d best be obedient.”

Jurina got up and decided to turn I  early. Kaeun just shrugged and slumped herself to sleep.

+++

“What do you think of the cheerleading outfit?”

Yena was posing in front of the class wearing a yellow cheerleading uniform. It was a day before the athletics festival and most students were preparing for the last practice. For Class A, they were facing Yena.

“Looking good, Yena.” Yujin gave a thumbs-up.

“I wonder if Kaeun-nim will agree to wear this.”

“Dude, no way!” Sian batted Yena’s suggestion.

“Wait, what?! Kaeun-nim will join the cheering team?!” Wonyoung reacted.

“I’m looking forward to it!” Miru cheered. “I called some friends from Osaka having a vacation here and they’re gonna come tomorrow!”

“Great! The aces are also gonna be here and –“

“Morning, Kkura!” Miru interrupted Ikumi as Sakura arrived.

Sakura greeted back with a fervor hiding her ty conscience. With what happened to Kaeun yesterday, her worry remained. The rest greeted again as Kaeun arrived.

“Kaeun-nim! Good thing you’re here!” Yena got closer and lets her see the outfit. “With this, we’re gonna be a solid – “

“I’m sorry.” Kaeun passed by Yena and got to her seat. “I’m not joining the athletics festival AND the cheering team.”

Everyone was silent. Sakura’s worry grew and the rest were starting to feel the disappointment. But as a happy virus, Yena lightened the mood and promised her she was the only member who will wear the outfit, causing the others to laugh.

That didn’t cut to Kaeun one bit as she stormed off the room, shocking everyone. Yujin and Yunjin even nudged Yena for bringing the outfit up but Sakura knew it wasn’t just that. She caught up to Kaeun, much to the shock of Miru, and had to confront her. She told Kaeun to wait but the Black Ace paid no heed.

“Kaeun-san, wait a minute!” She ran and held Kaeun’s arm. “I said wait!!”

Kaeun stopped to look back. Sakura maintained the hold and her worry was manifesting through her expressions. It was just too strange for Kaeun to quit at the last minute, knowing that everyone was expecting her presence and participation. Even Sakura herself that Kaeun was going to make happy memories with this event.

And now, Kaeun was willing to toss it off. It was a mere reason for Sakura to resolve this situation.

“Let go.” Kaeun spat.

“No…I mean, what’s with the sudden decision?” Sakura asked. “You went so far as to practice with everyone and – “

“I didn’t make any promises with you, okay?” Kaeun raised. “Does that sound good?”

the conditions, Sakura thought. Kaeun can’t just quit. “It’s no problem. It’s super fine…so join this for the students…for us…”

Sakura may have pleaded but Kaeun just got more crossed. She got Sakura’s hold off of her arm and snapped. “You really are a stupid cherry blossom. Do you really want to have something happen that badly?!”

“Kaeun-san, that’s not what I –“

Sakura was stopped from her words as Kaeun pulled her and they got to a more private sector. Kaeun lets her go, almost shoving her off like throwing a garbage bag and Sakura just panted. “Yah, Lee Kaeun! What are you – “

“Stop whining all the time.” Kaeun spat. “School events aren’t my thing, to begin with.”

“But…” Sakura huffed and regained her composure. “…everyone went to put their hearts into it and – “

“Then what?” Kaeun asked as she raised an eyebrow then snickered. “How will it be fine if I’m just gonna ruin it and let the whole thing crumble?”

“What do you mean?” Sakura asked but Kaeun was going away again. “Answer me! I…really want you to be part of it! Please explain to –“

Kaeun turned back and kissed Sakura. Sakura’s sounds were muffled beyond Kaeun’s mouth but it had left her mum. Kaeun released after Sakura shuts herself up, saying. “When I’ve made a decision, you should just shut up and accept it.”

Sakura’s eyes went wide as her face was red. Kaeun wiped her lips and maintained her cold expression. “Don’t talk back or else I’ll have to train you more!”

“And what if I do?” Sakura raised as she crossed her arms.

Kaeun couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She was about to scold her again when Yena and Yunjin caught up to them with the rest of the class behind them. Yunjin was worried about Kaeun getting angry but Yena was the most worried duck in the class because of the festival.

“Here you are, Kaeun-nim! You not joining the festival was a lie, right?!” Yena spat as was teary. “Did you persuade her too, Sakura-chan?”

Sakura grabbed Kaeun’s arm and raised it high. “She said that she’d be more happy to join the athletics festival!”

The class was silent, even the other students that just witnessed them. Kaeun realized what Sakura had done but she didn’t manage to refute thanks to a bunch of idiotic classmates hugging her. Yena was super glad as the rest applauded the Black Angel for a climactic experience. Kaeun glared as Sakura that the latter just grinned cheekily and looked away. At that point, Class A swore to do their best in the festival. For Sakura, the tensions were gone but some of it remain.

Kaeun didn’t deny the statement, making Sakura wonder if she’ll participate for real.

The school bell rang and all of them went back to the classroom. Kaeun walked ahead while the rest of Class A cheered for her. The noise was all over the isle and it mostly reached Class B.

“What just happened?” Gyuri asked.

“AAAAA, BLACK ANGEL~” Yiren squealed.

“It’s official~” Alex said. “We now have both aces participating! We’re gonna win for sure!”

Class B cheered next but for Jurina, she was shocked.

She made sure that the incident cannot happen again and for the first time in her life, she slipped.