Changing Life with the Aces

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

It had been a new start for most people in their lives, especially for people at work. In the insides of Hakata Café, it was packed with customers and a busy staff. Despite the busy services from serving orders to retrieving dishes, the staff have time to talk. For Rino, she had her time to ask Sakura an unexpected question.

“Sakura-chan, how was your trip?” The boss started, leaving Sakura to almost drop her recent order. “The date with your Red Ace, I mea-“

Rino could only gasp as Sakura was just still, leaving Haruka to serve the order for her. Inside Sakura’s mind, the thoughts of the vacation in the Matsui villa came to mind.

After the incident in the horse sanctuary, Sakura decided to go home. Rena didn’t force her to stay this time and offered a valet to take her home. Most of the friends wondered about Sakura’s decision but all had been done. It had been a week since that specific incident and for all the moments being away, she was relieved that neither of the aces didn’t come with her because it’ll be very impossible to be in the same area as those two.

“Sakura-chan. Stop the gloomy face. It might add sadness and other juju vibes within the café.” Rino advised. “And besides, it’s natural to feel the twists of a peaceful vacation with the one you cherish for. Take Haruka and Hyewon-chan, for instance.”

“Don’t get Hyewon and me into that biz, boss.” Haruka added before saying goodbye to the customer. “That’s the last one for today.”

“Okay. That’s enough.” Rino clapped as she finished wiping the glasses.

The staff relaxed by the counter’s seats. For Sakura, she got an e-mail message while she relaxed.

CLASS REUNION NOTICE

We, from HKT University 2nd year Class D, would like to invite you to our reunion class tomorrow at Social Avenger’s Café.

“A class reunion?” Haruka spoke as she got a glance.

“You should go, Sakura-chan. You might find old friends there.” Rino suggested. “How about you, Hyewon-chan? Don’t you have an alma-mater as well?”

“I…had no good memories about it.” Hyewon mumbled while looking away. “I have no reason to go.”

“Sad. But you youngsters should have that phase in life. Learn to be happy and have fun.” Rino advised. “Even you, Haruka.”

The three nodded. Sakura may have joined in but just like Hyewon, she didn’t have good memories in her alma-mater as well. As soon as they had to prepare and leave the café, Sakura decided to think about going.

+++

Sakura arrived at the dorm, greeting Sayaka and hearing her whines of not having the aces and the others around the dorm yet. Sakura felt the loneliness and worry it had but she had not thought about it since she talked about asking permission of the reunion, if ever she wants to go.

“Don’t mind, Sakura-chan. Just notify me if you have confirmed.”

Sakura thanked her and went straight to her room, slumping on her bed as her mind ran about the reunion.

“A class reunion…hmm…” Sakura mumbled as she looked at her phone.

You like Kaeunnie, don’t you?

Sakura yelped and rose on her bed, slapping her face to snap out of that one question Jurina managed to ask before. Her mind returned to the thought about the reunion again and boy, did it pulverize her head big-time?

Screw it, she thought. She sent a confirmation message and decided to do the laundry. She grabbed her basket mostly full of bed sheets, went to the laundry room to wash them, and hung them at the backyard since the clothesline at the rooftop was used completely by Sayaka.

“I’m done~~” Sakura cheered for herself, seeing the articles smelling fresh and looking cleaner than ever.

The little jubilation she had was almost high up in the clouds. She was still in that trance that she even sprawled on the green grass but –

A sudden draw from a pink blanket shocked Sakura. She yelped and looked up as she was shocked to see the stupid giraffe. “K-Kaeun-san!”

“What?” She hissed and crossed her arms. “We returned from the villa just now. I was looking for you.”

Sakura wondered. What would the stupid giraffe ask at this hour?

“Why?”

“Your reunion’s tomorrow, isn’t it?”

“H-How did you-“

“Sayaka-san mentioned. She wondered if you’ll ask permission today.”

“I’m not going.” Sakura spat, looking away and crouching on the grass like a child.

Kaeun reacted. She wasn’t going to leave Sakura alone on this one. “Tell me why.”

“I only have bad memories of my classmates.” Sakura managed to say. “I don’t want to see them again, even though I thought they might finally change.”

“Changed?” Kaeun asked, adding a chuckle while she walked to face Sakura. “With an attitude of not facing your old classmates, I don’t think it applies to you. You know better than that.”

“I HAVE changed.” Sakura huffed, standing up. “I became more positive. I was able to smile again…and I made friends.”

“Well if you did, then go!” Kaeun snapped, making Sakura duck lightly.

Sakura lowered her head completely, shaking it. Kaeun was triggered because of her disobedience that she ended up inching closer and holding her chin up again.

“You’re going to that reunion, have a good time, and take a picture with your friends!”

Sakura would’ve responded when a hand snapped Kaeun’s out of the cherry blossom’s build. Sakura and Kaeun had their reactions as the culprit wrapped an arm around Sakura’s build.

“Look how the tables had gone even…” Jurina spat. “Why don’t you stop bullying my girlfriend? Because I don’t like a single thing of it.”

“What do you understand?” Kaeun raised. “It’s my order.”

“And I don’t want you to bully my girlfriend around.”

“This has nothing to do with you!” Kaeun spat, slapping Jurina’s hand off of Sakura.

“Why?”

“Because she’s obliged to listen what I say.”

Jurina shrugs it off and pulled Sakura away, talking about a date they’re going to have. Kaeun threatens a punishment to Sakura and the cherry blossom froze and gulped. Jurina got pissed and decided to deal with Kaeun.

“Oi…you’re being too aggressive.”

Sakura gasped as the two aces created their tension. She couldn’t let them argue that she spat. “I’ll go!”

The two aces looked at her. Sakura made her decision clear. “I’ll go to the reunion.”

“You don’t have to go through that.” Jurina protested.

“I’ll be fine.”

The aces had their reactions, with Jurina almost whining her protest. Sakura would’ve decided to obey Jurina. After all, she had more right to her than Kaeun did. She had ALL the right than Kaeun has. But with a shake of a head, Sakura assured her decision again.

“I’ll go.” She said. “I’ll go because I’ve changed.”

+++

With a simple outfit of a pink laced shirt, a white skirt and sandals, Sakura made the notion to go the reunion of her nightmares. Back at the dorm, her thoughts were conflicted of going or not. She had the idea that if she goes to the reunion, it wouldn’t be fun. But it was much better compared to sulking inside her own room and getting nags from Kaeun for not going.

It would be the best. She changed after all.

“Ah..I can’t do this…” Sakura hissed and walked away.

You’re going to that reunion, have a good time, and take a picture with your friends!

Alas. Kaeun’s warning took over, as if Kaeun was behind watching her. Sakura surrendered to her cowardice and strengthened to seize this day. Sakura got inside a simple okonomiyaki shop with an ambiance of a Korean barbecue house. The interior was set up and a little sea of people were there having the time of their lives, sharing memories and giving reactions to every person they’ve met. With an addition of a complaint towards wearing sandals, Sakura accepted the welcome of a classmate while getting in and was guided to a seat.

It was a phase of having good food and drinks, having good talks about the memories they had, and also introductions in case of forgetfulness and mishaps. Sakura was placed in the third choice as faces were glued at her, followed by a bombardment of questions.

“Are you really from Class D?”

“Who are you? I don’t seem to remember!”

Sakura gulped. The glued faces were admiring her, others scrunched to figure out her identity. Sakura would’ve spoke when a question bombarded.

“Hey! Can I sit here?”

Sakura would’ve reacted on the intrusion when she almost yelped. The new arrival was none other than Kato Yuka.

…was she really my classmate?

It was then that Sakura remembered. Kato Yuka wasn’t only the one who attempted to flirt with her at Jurina’s party but was also the main bully in junior high. She was pushy and just like Kaeun’s bad persona, she was a bad girl and was really scary. Then again, Kaeun was a beetle compared to a worm like Yuka plus the stupid giraffe was more reasonable.

Wait, what?

Sakura returned from her thoughts as someone within the table asked for a tissue. Sakura hands one out and it was at the moment that more questions bombarded towards the cherry blossom.

“Thanks…” One of the classmates spoke then gasped. “Are you by chance…Miyawaki Sakura?”

“Eh? There’s no way she’s the plain and gloomy Miyawaki.”

“Come on. They look alike.”

“Seriously?” Yuka reacted, to which she was seated next to Sakura. “Oh, …to think I flirted with you on Matsui’s party!”

“Back to the chase. Are you really Miyawaki Sakura?”

Sakura confirms. She sighed in her conscience again as all of them reacted.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. You look totally different!” Yuka spat.

The other classmates say otherwise, saying that she changed and that her atmosphere was the only thing that was different. They even asked her if she had a love-life and if she did make-up and Sakura answered them as good as she could. At that moment, Sakura wouldn’t have regretted coming.

But alas, the bullies from her junior high life came out from their shells and revealed their true colors, even Yuka.

“Ha! That must be plastic surgery!” Yuka snapped, making everyone laugh at Sakura.

“That’s not true!”

“You looked like a plain from before so how did you change?” Another one batted.

The decent ones tried to quiet them down when Yuka attempted to become violent towards them. One of the decent classmates would’ve been hit if not for Sakura protecting her. Yuka hissed and snapped again. “Hey! Who brought our yearbook?”

One voiced out and Yuka grabbed it to search Sakura’s picture. Sakura was so ed up in this mess, even the decent ones commented that Yuka was the worst.

“See? Look at this!” Yuka pointed at Sakura’s picture; to which she wore big glasses and her hair was long with bangs. “She changed way too much! Hey!” She pulled Sakura hard. “You should tell me which clinic you went so that I can change my face!”

The laughter came, a laughter of insults to injuries, a laughter in which Sakura hated almost all her life. She would’ve cowered and walked away from the place but as she defended towards the aces-

“I changed!”

Everyone went quiet when Sakura snapped, all while Sakura remembered everything bad happening to her during those years.

“I changed because most of you bullied me. At the time, I wanted to escape from being rock bottom every day. I tried make-up and learned how to take care of myself more in order to improve. I did all of it because I don’t want to go back towards the treatment you did to me before and even now.”

They were still quiet. But Sakura was far from finishing.

“The person I am now…is me…” Sakura faced all of them, especially Yuka. “Now what’s the point of you all reliving such a treacherous past? It would be the point that all of you haven’t changed…” She glared at Yuka. “…especially you.”

It shut them up. But for Yuka, it only made her snicker.

“You just became prettier. You think you can just act all high and mighty towards us?” Yuka added. “Even though you’re the plain Miyawaki, you’re pretty conceited. Got that?!”

Sakura could shriek. Yuka had become the bully she was as she made a notion to humiliate Sakura even more and to bring her up to her nightmare of coming to this reunion.

“Who would’ve known that it would be the idiot that got her kicked by me?”

The people looked and there was Kaeun. She was at one table eating spicy okonomiyaki. Not only that, Jurina was with her, eating a milder one. They finished their food as gracefully as and quickly as they could before approaching the crowd. Sakura looked back and they were already behind her.

“You’re blocking the way and making a fuss.” Kaeun spoke.

“K-Kaeun-san! W-What are you-“

“We decided to stop by and eat before we go home. Have you been well so far, Sakura-chan?”

“Jurina-san…”

“Also…” She looked at Yuka with fiery eyes. “…I was wondering if you could stop being so rude to Sakura-chan. Again.”

The others had their reaction, with the prissy ones squealing of seeing the aces and the others wondering where Yuka’s feistiness went. Because as far as Yuka could sense, she was dead meat to both aces, especially towards Kaeun. But then, she wasn’t backing out and laughed her cowardice out.

“Oi! You two should know about Sakura back then, especially on how gross she looked!” She showed the aces her old picture. “Look at this! She’s so plain and boring-“

“Which part?” Jurina asked, silencing Yuka. “Well, she looks plain but that’s still Sakura-chan.”

“The heck? Your eyes have gone weird, Jurina-“

“It’s YOU that’s weird.” Kaeun added, walking towards Yuka.

Everyone was left to witness without saying anything. For Sakura, this was almost humiliating but with the aces’ actions, her worries faded. In fact, she never thought they would care and come all the way here, especially an adorable yet angry Lee Kaeun?

“Who cares what she looks like?” Kaeun snapped, pointing at Sakura while her eyes maintained the gaze towards Yuka. “She’s still the same person.”

Yuka would’ve thought the aces have become losers. But with their statuses and them being in the same school as her, she couldn’t bat.

“Are we done? We need to go home.” Jurina spoke then smiled at Sakura. “Shall we go home, Sakura-chan?”

With the situation, Sakura was glad to go home. She and Jurina decided to go, with Kaeun following them. But then, Yuka wasn’t accepting her surrender.

“Yah! Don’t be fooled! I’m telling you this out of kindness!” She snapped. “If you knew what she was like, you wouldn’t even lay a hand on her-“

Yuka was disrupted as the yearbook she held flew towards her face. Kaeun was responsible for it, taking the instrument of memories to be slumped towards Yuka’s face. Yuka gasped for air and fell, with some of the classmates helping her. The trio had to stop, with Kaeun glaring down at the coughing woman she thought was a piece of . “Quit talking about stuff back then, you noisy runt.”

“This is bad…” Jurina sighed. “We should go.”

The trio would’ve left again when Yuka ranted about getting humiliated. Despite the others stopping her, Yuka still wasn’t taking her surrender. As a result, Yuka threw the yearbook towards Kaeun…

…until a cherry blossom protected her.

Jurina couldn’t believe it, gasping like the other witnesses. Kaeun was almost like them but she only had her widened eyes. For Sakura, she wasn’t affected as the yearbook fell on the floor.

“Let’s go.” Sakura made a cool stance towards Kaeun. “We’re going to make a fool of ourselves even more if we hang around this runt.”

Sakura would’ve thought it caught Kaeun’s attention. But then, Kaeun held Sakura’s chin and made her look at herself, saying. “Idiot. You did something unnecessary like that.”

Ouch. Idiot, she said.

Sakura harrumphed, returning to an angry puppy persona towards Kaeun. She made way for herself and walked ahead. “Hurry up and walk faster!”

Kaeun mumbled a derpy ‘huh?’ and followed Sakura nonetheless. Yuka was already down but she was also like a barking dog. The witness thought it was like an awesome scene, with the admirers taking pictures of the aces.

“Here you go.” Jurina hands the yearbook back to Yuka. “You’re out of my VIP lists for my parties forever. But unless you want to go back next time, you should be nice to people.”

A cherry blossom and two aces left Yuka in a shock and the witnesses squealing of such a spectacle.

+++

The walk of the trio towards home had been very quiet. For Sakura, she was in between the two aces, her mind thinking of what to say after what happened back at the restaurant. She spared looks towards each ace, her mind commenting on her cool they were while she formulated her words.

“Thank you…” Sakura spoke, looking down. “I’m also sorry for causing such distress. You two had to be caught up with that horrible scene.”

“You’re walking too slow.” Kaeun spoke. “Stop dilly-dallying.”

Sakura could gulp about that comment. Was it her payback because of the mishap they were into?

“That wasn’t nice, Kaeunnie.” Jurina added. “And if you wondered to how we manage to pass by the restaurant, Kaeunnie and I were on a walk.”

“More like SHE had a walk.” Kaeun pointed. “The lazy dog had to bring me along.”

“I had time, Sakura-chan. You turned me down, after all.” Jurina added.

Sakura could cry for such a chivalric act. She said her thanks again, only to get scolding from Kaeun. “Shut it. I told you it wasn’t because of you.”

Sakura sighed and they continued their walks and talks from there. Although it was humiliating, Sakura was satisfied to have told Yuka off and to finally say what’s in her heart. With that, Sakura felt that she had really changed.

“I’m glad you guys came…” Sakura added.

“By the way…where’s the picture?”

They stopped, with Kaeun lending a hand to Sakura. Sakura recalled the task she was supposed to do and ended up whining as a sign of her failure.

“As compensation, you’ll have to clean the kitchen and baths tonight.” Kaeun spoke. “Understood?”

“Yes, Boss…” Sakura mumbled as she bowed.

She looked up, seeing Kaeun twitch a smile. They continued to walk again until the aces decided to run. Sakura joined them despite of her aching legs but as she caught up to the aces, she disregarded the pain. In fact, seeing the aces smile made Sakura join them and somehow, one of those smiles almost lifted Sakura’s heart in the best of ways.

Alas. The pain in Sakura’s legs gave in and she ran slower. Jurina was immersed with the running but Kaeun had greater senses and stopped, looking back at Sakura.

“Kaeun-san, go ahead. I just feel a little tired.” Sakura made an excuse. “Besides, it’s almost curfew.”

“I should be saying the same thing about you-“

“It’s fine, Kaeun-san. Just go ahead already.”

The ‘truthful’ excuse led Sakura to a little hole of shame. Her feet were dying from running and wearing heels yet she didn’t want to worry the aces, let alone Kaeun. She decided to sit a bit and saw Kaeun walking ahead. She didn’t say about the pain in her legs, worried than Kaeun will say something about it.

After a bit of rest, Sakura sighed and got up, deciding to walk barefoot and caring nonetheless about the reaction she was getting from other people. Then again, some reactions got the best of her that she sighed sadly while walking.

What did I get myself into? This is the worst summer ever…

Sakura got back to reality when something was thrown towards her. Luckily, her hands caught the object and she reacted. “Huh? Ice cream?”

She reacted again as she saw Kaeun. She went closer, grabbed the ice cream pack, and held it close to Sakura’s cheek. “Cool it.”

Sakura would’ve reacted when Kaeun carried her bridal style. The reactions of laughter turned in adoration and squealing. It was almost like Sakura was the princess and Kaeun was her prince charming. But it wouldn’t be the case for Sakura. Kaeun was too scary to become a prince charming, let alone a random person that saves her .

But why was she blushing? Why was her heart pounding?

“Weren’t you heading back?” Sakura asked. “Anyway, will you please put me down-“

“Stop moving!” Kaeun spat. “Can’t you just be a little obedient?”

Sakura froze, her heart still pounding from the sudden fiasco she had to be part in. Being carried wasn’t a problem but the carrier being the stupid giraffe was.

“I can’t…” Sakura sighed as Kaeun was still carrying her while walking. “If I can’t do the things that I want…it will be like I never changed from my past self.”

Kaeun stopped and Sakura wondered by looking up towards the latter. Sakura followed Kaeun’s gaze and she saw Jurina. It turns out she went back to look for the duo, only to see a spectacle married couples would do. Sakura reacted and wanted Kaeun to put her down when Jurina got to Kaeun’s left and used the ice cream to press it onto Sakura’s foot.

“It seems your legs are hurt plus your ankles have swollen.” Jurina added. “When we get back to the dormitory, I can give you first-aid.”

“It’s fine!” Sakura struggled as she held the ice cream pack. “I can hold it myself-“

Kaeun sighed while she tilted Sakura down so she was almost lying flat. Sakura yelped again, almost clutching onto Kaeun for dear life.

“You’re noisy.” Kaeun spoke, growing serious. “Shut your mouth and calm yourself down. I’ll drop you down if you don’t.”

Sakura obeyed and breathed. Somehow, she was relaxed. Kaeun even eased her grips and gave a soft squeeze to calm Sakura. Sakura may have been relieved but her pounding heart was almost audible.

There was just something in Kaeun that made her think that she was too sweet despite her image. But let’s not forget that the other ace was almost a witness. In fact, the sight made her senses tingle a bit. Kaeun joined in the party of awareness that she walked quickly.

“Kaeunnie.” Jurina caught, eyes almost fiery. “You’re walking too fast.”

“We’ll be late for curfew if I don’t.” Kaeun reasoned.

Kaeun walked quickly again. Jurina was eager to catch up. And lastly, Sakura decided to calm herself in her fiasco with the aces again.

+++

The walk towards the dorm would’ve went smooth but with Kaeun stopping to stretch her arms, with Jurina checking some bandages and cold patches in pharmacies, and with Sakura’s constant decisions whether to walk or to be carried, they arrived when it was already dark. Luckily, Sayaka didn’t mind and was even giddy to see them home.

“We’re home, Akimoto-san.” The three bowed after Sakura got off of Kaeun’s hold.

“My, my…with the three of you standing like that, you look like characters from a shoujo manga.”

The comment took them off guard. Then again, with Sakura standing in between the aces, it did look like something from a manga, even a drama.

“You should get inside…” Sayaka spoke but pointed. “…except you, Kaeun-chan. We need to talk.”

Jurina and Sakura wondered. They were on time for curfew and Kaeun wouldn’t disobey policies, let alone hurt a fly. Nonetheless, Kaeun motions the two to go ahead and they obeyed. Sayaka got to Kaeun’s side, patting her back. “Your family called. Your mother wanted you to return home during vacations.”

“Akimoto-san, you know I don’t-“

“I know, I know. You don’t go home and stay here then make up for me by doing the chores and the such.” Sayaka added. “But remember that you also have a family to return to. You may not have a father who cares but you have your mother who misses you dearly. And I’m sure you miss her as much.”

“You’ve seen way too much movies about family, Akimoto-san.” Kaeun commented.

“Yes, I do.” Sayaka said, patting Kaeun’s back still. “I just wanted to confirm for the last time. That way, I won’t hesitate about your decisions.”

Kaeun nodded. She was like a tall kid next to her favorite caretaker. The topic was redundant to Kaeun but with Sayaka, she would listen. After all, Sayaka always took concern about the dormers as if they were her children.

“But it’s regrettable sometimes…” Sayaka continued. “…you’re a good girl, Kaeun-chan. Hopefully, you’ll soften that hard heart of yours to give love and accept love. Many people care for you, especially Sakura-chan.”

Kaeun’s eyes went wide and Sayaka chuckled. “And I’m sure deep in that hard heart lies a soft spot for her.”

“What are you talking about, Akimoto-san?” Kaeun asked, scratching her head. “As if. She’s just-“

“The heart must know how to be honest.” Sayaka adds a bump onto Kaeun’s chest. “Sometimes, we can’t be honest in some factors but in love, you must be honest.” She returned to patting Kaeun’s back again. “Be honest towards your feelings for Sakura-chan…otherwise, Jurina-chan will take her.”

Kaeun wasn’t the one to react but she couldn’t help it. She thought Sayaka was done until she added one last thing. “You better not regret when that happens.”

Sayaka made her go inside and Kaeun sighed as she obeyed. She wondered again as Jurina and Sakura were waiting by the lobby.

“What?” Kaeun asked.

Sakura shook her head and said, “I should go now.”

“Goodnight in advance, Sakura-chan.” Jurina spoke.

“You too.” Sakura smiled. “Good night, Kaeun-san. Thank you…”

Kaeun wondered but it would be rude not to react. She only nodded and watched Sakura return to her room.

“Interesting.” Jurina spoke.

“Don’t even…” Kaeun spoke back, adding a glare.

“This keeps the game going on.”

“And I thought you were over it.” Kaeun snapped, facing Jurina.

Their gazes became fiery but they had to resume it another day. They returned to their room as another phase of their competition commences.

+++

Days passed and it was another school year. Students in the dorm of PD48 University have readied themselves and are eating breakfast in the canteen. For Sakura, she was prepped, uniform worn all clean and hair tied into a cute ponytail. Afterward, she got to the canteen to eat.

“Morning, Sakura-chan.” Yena greeted as they got in line together. “Today marks the beginning of our learnings.”

“Good morning, Yena-chan. When did you come back?”

“Ugh…yesterday at midnight. I would’ve been locked outside but luckily, I got to ask permission from Akimoto-san and I got in.” Yena added. “You could say I barely made it back yesterday. Rena-san had some work in her hands that I have to help her.”

“What about Yuri?”

“I made her go ahead.” Yena said. “And by the way, you left earlier. What did you do aside from working at the café?”

Sakura and Yena had their meals served and got to table, almost close to the ace’s table. It was then Sakura gave her answer. “I was trying to find myself.”

Yena wondered as she ate. For Sakura, she joined her while sparing glances towards the aces, especially towards Kaeun. She was reminded how fragile it was to face her life with them added to the big picture. It was a trinity of rollercoaster rides and she wondered if she’ll be able to survive being in between them.

But her beating heart became a message. It gave her an advice that the feeling she had must be assured. She needed to know if it was love or not.

As Sakura finished her meal, she passed by the ace’s table. “Good morning, Kaeun-san. Jurina-san.”

The aces couldn’t believe it at first. Jurina greeted back with much fervor whereas Kaeun muttered a simple, “Morning.”

Sakura went to the dishes area to put the tray and went to the dormers’ lockers to put her shoes on. Her mind wandered towards the greeting she gave, from the stiffness of her face to the sound of her voice. The stiffness intensified as Kaeun got to her locker, which was NEXT TO HERS. Sakura’s hands went fidgety but she had to act normally and control her beating heart.

“Sakura.”

It would’ve been too lovely to hear Kaeun say her name but the cherry blossom froze. Nonetheless, she spared an answer. “Yes?”

Kaeun’s hand got to Sakura’s waist and the cherry blossom almost yelped. She heard a snap and Kaeun swayed something with her fingers. “Price tag again.”

Sakura wanted to yelp fully but Kaeun left for school. She even wondered to how could she forget removing the tags off of her things. The were old but how in the goddamn world –

“Your hair’s all over the place.” A hand got to Sakura’s hair, removing her tie. “Let me fix it for you.”

Sakura looked up and saw Jurina. The sudden action caused Sakura to stop Jurina’s hand. “It’s fine.”

“Can I do anything else for you, Sakura-chan?” Jurina grinned.

“Why are you asking me that? Is this still a game?” Sakura huffed, eyes squinting and face looking like a raging puppy. “Didn’t we break up already?”

“I took it back, remember?” Jurina leaned by the lockers, arms crossed.

“Why?”

“Because I want to bother you.” Jurina smirked this time as she went ahead.

“Bother me? What?!”

Jurina made a ‘hush’ gesture. She then lent a hand. “Let’s go and start off another day in school.”

“You heard her.” Kaeun was behind her, left eyebrow raised.

Sakura huffed and rejected Jurina’s hand, only to walk ahead. Jurina and Kaeun spared looks and got to her sides.

Sakura may be facing another phase of life with aces but it was one thing she found interesting that hopefully, she find out the answer to prove her relationships with them.