An Ace's True Color

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

Another day starts within the four corners of an institution. Students were in great numbers and all of them were female. Some start the day with extracurricular activities while others start with the usual classes. For two aces, it was still hours before their class would start and they were still walking from the dorm up to their designated building.

Kaeun was always ahead and walked quickly, sparing glances to no one. Jurina was the opposite as she charmed the admirers then waddled away just to catch up to the other ace. Luckily, she managed to walk by her side again.

“Kaeunnie.” Jurina called despite being ignored. “Just so you know, I overwrote what you did.”

Kaeun was at a halt, facing the Red Ace. “What are you talking about?”

Jurina didn’t answer instantly and walked ahead. Kaeun’s pissed attitude grew more pissed as she managed to walk by her side again. “Spill. Is there something wrong with your brain?”

“I told you. We’re battling it out for real.” Jurina started.

“Just get to the point.” Kaeun huffed.

“You know who I’m talking about,” Jurina added.

The two aces were in a staring contest like they were communicating through telepathy. Jurina was trying to get the idea out for she knew Kaeun was in denial.

The sight of their glares was like a spectacle. Who knew it had to do with one cherry blossom?


Lee Kaeun and Matsui Jurina. Two aces, polar opposites but were the best of friends. One was from parents with opposite personalities while the other was treated like a princess by her own parents. They were aces for a reason. They excel in classes, extracurricular activities, and were heads of the school’s dormitory. Despite the opposite personalities, they had a connection. They shared most of their memories, even a room in the dormitory.

Kaeun was fresh from the shower, towel dangled on her long neck as she only wore a sports bra and joggers. She was busy doing her homework and dorm duties when Jurina butted in, throwing a towel at her.

“Touchdown.” Jurina wooed.

Kaeun threw it back hard, causing Jurina to fall. Kaeun cursed. “What the hell are you doing?”

“I’ve been calling your attention but you’re a stoned giraffe,” Jurina spoke. “I want to talk to you about Sakura-chan.”

“What’s there to talk about that stupid cherry blossom?” Kaeun asked.

“Don’t call her that. I want to tell you that I’ve been serious about her.”

“You? Serious?” Kaeun batted. “You can’t even perform your duties as a dorm leader that we had to switch roles.”

“Aish…you’re rude as always.” Jurina rolled her eyes and spat. “I’ll say it again. I’ve been serious about Sakura-chan.”

“Don’t bat. She belongs to me.” Kaeun spoke.

“Then how about we battle it out?”


Kaeun finally remembered it clearly. The walk was stopped as she faced Jurina again.

“You’ve awoken the White Devil, Black Angel,” Jurina added, adding her smug. “I’m switched on now and I’m not planning to back out so good luck!”

Jurina regained her omnipotent composure and walked ahead. Kaeun glared at her as she clicked her tongue. “Don’t you ing screw with me.”

Kaeun continued walking and the mornings of the aces’ admirers went vibrant. They would stop by to look and ogle at how beautiful they were. In one of those admirers, there were three who were gaga towards the aces and waited by the veranda to get a good view.

“They’re coming!” Kang Damin squealed, clutching onto the two’s arms. “Hey, who you like more?”

“I love the Red Ace.” Nakano Ikumi spoke.

“Right? I really feel you! She looks so cool with that smile~” Damin spoke and squealed with Ikumi.

“For me, it’s the Black Ace!” Asai Yuka added. “She’s so tall and beautiful, just like a model!”

“Yes, I agree! She’s so hot~!!” Damin squealed again. “I’d be happy with either of them!”

“Yah! You’re so sly!”

“No, I’m not!”

“Oh, …look what the cat dragged in,” Yuka spoke, eyes rolled.

The other two looked at five students running on the aisle. They were practically disgusted with the one that looked like the inflatable figure.

“It’s her. Miyawaki Sakura.” Damin hissed. “I heard she was kissed by the Black Ace.”

“No way!!” Yuka and Ikumi gasped. “I thought it was a rumor.”

“Oh, it’s true…” Damin spoke and the two joined her in jealousy.

During the running, Sakura was ahead. The bell had rung and they were almost late for class. But luckily, they arrived and the teacher herself was late. She huffed and faced her friends. One of them was Miru but she also had classmates that were from the dormitory: Choi Yena, Jang Wonyoung, and Jo Yuri.

“Damn, what time is it…” Yena huffed and checked her watch. “Awesome! We made it!”

“For a moment, I thought we were late,” Yuri added.

“Sakura-san, heard the gossipers while running,” Wonyoung spoke. “Is it true that you got kissed by Boss Kirin?”

Sakura’s inner conscience fumed and ranted that Kaeun was a stupid giraffe. “Nah. They’re rumors. Don’t believe it instantly.”

“Sakura’s right,” said Miru.

“Hmm…you all are energetic today, huh?” Teacher Lee came. “Alright. All of you get to your desks.”

The rest of the students heard of their teacher that all of them sighed and got to their seats. Sakura would’ve waltzed towards her own but instead, she crept and got to hers slowly.

Her reason? At the back of her desk sat the stupid giraffe of a Black Ace.

“Alright. Homeroom shall start now.” Teacher Lee’s voice rang. “First of all, your tests have been marked.”

The students had their reactions as the teacher silenced them. Sakura had that idle time to get to her seat properly when she felt a kick on her chair and a tug of her hair. Sakura felt her soul descend to Hell as she felt hurt.

“Ouch…” Sakura huffed. “…s-stop that…”

“Don’t ignore me.” Kaeun’s voice rang into her ear. “You better show your face at the dorm.”

How could Sakura forget? There was a time that after she had fallen herself serving Kaeun, she went to Miru’s place to sleep. She had a dorm but with the sudden intrusion of the Black Ace-slash-Black Devil, she had to give herself some time away.

“Don’t you dare run away from me.” Kaeun spat. “Also, weed the courtyard by the end of the day.”

“Y-Yes…” Sakura spat. “…so can you let go of me now?”

Instead, Kaeun tugged her hair harder as she inched closer, her chin touching Sakura’s shoulder. “Don’t you ever wag your tail in front of everyone.”

Sakura’s wondered when she felt a pair of teeth biting her earlobe. It caused a sudden reaction to which the class was aware of.

“What’s wrong, Miyawaki?” Teacher Lee spoke and imitated a cute meow. “You made a sound just now.”

The class chuckled but Sakura regained her composure. “It’s nothing, Miss Lee.”

Teacher Lee responded and resumed the lesson. Sakura sat properly but deep down, her thoughts were mixed.

­She couldn’t believe Kaeun bit her ear and that her heart pounded of the gesture. Nonetheless, she had to get it out of her head and pay attention.

+++

It was a break. Sakura walked with Yuri and Miru. The two had their talks but as they noticed Sakura in a trance, they nudge her back to reality.

“Sakura-san, what’s wrong?” Yuri asked.

“Someone please get me out of this reality~~” Sakura whined.

“Eh? Did something happen?” Miru asked too. “Why do you want someone to get you out of reality?”

They found a vacant table and decided to sit and chat. Sakura leaned onto her chair as she began. “How do I even explain it?”

Her kisses with Jurina and Kaeun came to mind, leaving her dazed again.

“Ah…something happened between you and Jurina-san, huh?” Miru batted.

“Seriously?” Yuri reacted with her.

“No. That’s not it-“

“Did someone call for me?” A hand landed on Sakura’s shoulder.

“It’s Jurina-san.” Yuri pointed.

“Miru-san, Yuri-chan, mind if I borrow Sakura-chan?”

Sakura’s eyes dilated. Miru and Yuri had plotted the same idea and they spoke. “Yes! Go ahead!”

“Let’s go?” Jurina asked the cherry blossom.

Sakura took time to breathe in and out before nodding. She ended up following the Red Ace to a vending machine where Jurina bought themselves bread and carbonated drinks. They got to the dorm’s lobby, getting a table for themselves to sit, eat and chat. Jurina opened their bread packs and cans of carbonated drinks and scooted Sakura’s share. The Red Ace drank hers as she looked at Sakura fiddling the bread’s packaging.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Jurina asked.

Sakura looked like a meek kitten to Jurina’s eyes that she got a piece from the latter’s share and inched it to . “Here.”

“Ah, it’s okay! I can eat it myself!” Sakura spoke.

“Come on. Say ‘ahh’.” Jurina spoke again.

Sakura didn’t have much of a choice and indulged on that little piece. Jurina adored how cute Sakura looked while enjoying her own piece of bread.

“It’s nice to hang out normally like this, right?” Jurina spoke, stretching her arms and enjoying the nice weather.

“Normally?” Sakura wondered as much as Jurina did with her answer. “I know this is a big help to improve my non-existent love skills but…I don’t where I should draw the line.”

“Eh? What are you talking about, pretty?” Jurina got more confused.

“I…” Sakura was flushed as she tries to talk it out casually. “…I was talking about the kiss when we got to school…after your confession and all…”

“Oh, that.” Jurina got the idea, munching another piece of bread. “I didn’t say it clearly, didn’t I?”

Sakura looked up and for her self that was lost in love, Jurina looked dashing. She also visualized that Jurina’s face was closer and more beautiful than usual.

“Sakura-chan, I like you,” Jurina spoke. “It’s not a game anymore. I’m serious of my feelings.”

Sakura’s heart gained pounds as much as she gained inches closer to seeing Jurina’s face surrounded with sparkles. The distance seemed palpable for her to handle that she looked away, panting. “What the-that was really close!!”

“Huh?” Jurina wondered.

“That was really close! But you cannot fool me!” Sakura commented before facing her. “There’s no way you’d fall for someone like me!”

“Ehhh~~” Jurina reacted then laughed. “You’re really something, Sakura-chan!”

Sakura refused to believe it. Even if Jurina was already sitting next to her, it was impossible of a view of the Red Ace liking her.

“Same to you. You took that joke way too far…” Sakura spoke then mumbled something. “You really are the White Demon.”

Jurina could almost cry because of Sakura’s cuteness. But then, she wrapped an arm around the latter’s waist and pulled her closer. Sakura’s trance of a zoomed-in face of Jurina was now a reality.

“I mean it,” Jurina spoke, eyes fiery. “I’m serious about you.”

Sakura gulped and looked away slowly, thinking that this time with Jurina was a crazy one.

it, she thought. She decided to join with Jurina in eating their snacks.

+++

It was the end of the classes and Sakura was back to the dorm with Yena. They got inside, taking off their shoes and placing them properly when Yena looked up and greeted someone. “Boss Kirin!”

Sakura’s insides were in a mix of anger and worry as she saw Kaeun. She was reminded of what Kaeun said earlier and thought to herself. Who was I to run away?

­“Yena, do me a favor and clean the dining room’s floor.”

“Right away, Boss.” Yena went ahead, leaving the cherry blossom in the Black Angel’s hands.

Sakura could kick Yena’s for leaving her. Nonetheless, she didn’t bat an eye and got to the information area to list her name.

“You have the guts to ignore me,” Kaeun commented. “But I’m still not impressed.”

Sakura kept writing and shoved it in on Kaeun’s face. The Black Angel had a glare and read it.

-I don’t want to talk with you until you apologize for treating me like and for the kisses you stole...-

Sakura harrumphed and went when Kaeun blocked her using her leg. She crumpled the paper and threw it at the trash can like doing a three-point shoot.

“You’re misunderstanding something.” Kaeun spat. “It’s you who should apologize to me. Someone who breaks the rules cannot go unpunished.”

“Eh? What did I do?” Sakura spat, almost whining.

Kaeun pointed a date at the calendar. “Leaving without permission.”

Sakura realized. The date Kaeun pointed was the time she slept outside the dorm for the very first time and when she forgot to notify the dorm head, all thanks to her dark eminence of an ace, an angel, and a stupid giraffe.

“What are you saying?!” Sakura hissed. “You’re just a dorm head. Akimoto-san makes the verdicts, not you.”

“Sayaka-san gave me that permission for I’m the dorm leader,” Kaeun answered.

Eh? She even calls the dorm head with her real name?!

“To be honest, I was only the vice dorm head but the latter switched positions with me,” Kaeun added, still blocking Sakura with her leg.

“How could the authority be granted to a demon like you?” Sakura huffed. “Who in the right mind would switch positions with you?”

“I’ve been called these days, huh?” A woman came and caught a startled Sakura. “You alright?”

“The latter is none other than the stupid dog herself.” Kaeun pointed at Jurina, startling Sakura even more.

“You and your words again, Kaeunnie.” Jurina sighed.

“You have got to be kidding me?” Sakura whined, almost crying. “Oh, Red Ace, how could you give your position to the Black Ace?”

She stopped and was turned a blind eye as she looked at the aces talking about cleaning.

“Why do you always conduct a general cleaning within a short interval, Kaeunnie?” Jurina began. “Everything in the dorm looks so new.”

“Well, maintenance can’t be done by itself,” Kaeun said, grabbing Sakura by the neck. “It’s why this little cherry blossom’s part of it by weeding the courtyard.”

“Not the courtyard, Kaeunnie. It’s too big.” Jurina defended and Sakura was thankful.

“Well, in that case…” Kaeun lets her go and had another idea. “Bow down to me a hundred times, cherry blossom.”

“I’ll go and weed the courtyard.” Sakura huffed and went to prepare.

She gritted her teeth in anger. There was no way in hell she’d bow down to a stupid giraffe.

Little did she know, three admirers of the aces who were dormers were jealous as hell.

+++

Despite the afternoon coming, the day was very hot. Sakura felt like she was in a microwave oven as she weeded the whole courtyard all by herself. She also felt like there’s no end to cleaning, all while she applied a little sunscreen. She was also reminded how stupid it was for her to do chores since, in general, cleaning wasn’t her thing. Then again, she didn’t have a choice. She’d rather weed the courtyard than grovel at Kaeun’s feet a hundred times.

Time ticked by very slow and Sakura finished weeding half of the courtyard. Her next stop was to clean the signs and the kiosks. As she wiped a wooden bench, a thought came in.

Sakura-chan, I like you…

It was Jurina’s confession. The idea in her head itself was making her heart flutter.

“No way…really…” Sakura mumbled as she felt the adoration.

Alas. All of it had to stop when she felt her head being grabbed and turned to the side. Sakura felt the evil stain her thoughts as she met gazes with the stupid giraffe.

“Yah…” Kaeun called as Sakura greeted with a little bow. “Save the greetings. Clean the shoe rack.”

“Y-Yes, Boss…” Sakura mumbled. “I’ll do it when I finish here.”

“Also, clean the bathrooms again.”

“Eh?! Again?!” Sakura reacted and she was given a glare.

­What the…*sobs*…so scary…

“You’re very sloppy,” Kaeun commented, glare still intact.

“Aish…you’re the one who’s stingy…” Sakura mumbled beyond her gritted teeth.

“Excuse me?!” Kaeun spat.

“Okay, okay!! I’ll do it!!” Sakura spat back like she was about to give in to tears.

Kaeun clicked and walked outside when Sakura called her. The Black Ace looked back.

“Can you stop doing these things to me?” Sakura asked.

“What in the world are you talking about?” Kaeun asked back.

“You know what I’m talking about.” Sakura huffed. “Can you stop doing such weird things to me?”

“You really are a stupid cherry blossom.” Kaeun batted. “You still don’t know the situation you’re in, huh?”

“What?” Sakura wondered.

Kaeun regained her authority and went closer, clasping Sakura’s chin so that she looks up to her. Sakura gulped of her situation and her beating heart didn’t help.

“Shall I make do more submissive things?” Kaeun added then whispered. “Right here and right now?”

The beats turned many and Sakura was taken aback, pushing the ace away. A tint of red was present in her face as she huffed like a raging puppy. “What the are you saying?”

She attempted to throw a slipper at Kaeun but the ace caught it and threw it back before leaving Sakura to finish her work. Sakura was close to losing her sanity but she ed it up and continued to work.

The same three admirers observed from a distance. They saw the commotion and their jealousy intensified.

“That flashy girl! She gets along with the aces!” Damin huffed.

“Even we don’t get close to either of the aces...” Ikumi added.

“Remember a while ago when she got carried away?” Yuka joined in. “She’s so conceited monopolizing the nation’s girlfriend and our Red Ace, Matsui Jurina-san!”

“She’s messing with Kaeun-nim and even spoke to the two aces before this happened,” Damin added again. “She scored twice!”

“In general, she’s monopolizing the Black Ace and the Red Ace,” Yuka concluded.

“Say…want to give that girl a painful lesson?”

Ikumi and Yuka chuckled and agreed to Damin’s idea.

+++

It was nightfall. Most of the dormers have gone inside, have eaten, and have showered. Kaeun hasn’t showered yet she was still in the dorm’s large canteen and has gotten her drink. She was now alone as Jurina finished ahead for she had homework to do. For the admirers, they were in their spots looking at Kaeun. They wanted to talk to her but as usual, Kaeun had the dark aura that they were too intimidated to approach her.

“Kaeun-san, are you done with this?” Yena and Yunjin approached her. “How about we clean it up for you?”

“If you say so…” Kaeun sighed and got up. “Don’t forget to wipe the table.”

The two nodded as Kaeun exited the canteen. She got to the entrance when she stopped, seeing Sakura finally getting inside after finishing her chores.

“I finally…” Sakura huffed as she stretched her back. “…cleared it up.”

Kaeun got a look of outside and the field was clear of weeds. Not only that, the grasses were cut properly.

“That took you long enough.” Kaeun rolled her eyes. “You’re still slow.”

“Aish-can’t you cut me some slack?” Sakura spat as she rested by the door.

“Get a proper dinner in ten minutes. The canteen will be closed afterward.” Kaeun spoke. “And if I have to give a score, it’s sixty over a hundred.”

Sakura huffed. It felt like she almost popped a nerve in her head. “Yah, Kaeun-san.”

“What?” Kaeun looked back.

“I know that it’s my fault for not abiding the rules…” Sakura spoke. “…but I won’t forgive for the kisses you stole so you better prepare yourself.”

Sakura marched towards the canteen after getting her feet and shoes cleaned. Kaeun looked at the stupidly raging cherry blossom and sighed.

“The courtyard looks great.” Akimoto Sayaka, the dorm head, spoke.

Kaeun looked at the courtyard again as she nodded before Akimoto-san added. “Get some rest now, Kaeun-chan.”

Kaeun nodded as she left. With her idle steps, she sighed about an idiotic Sakura. “That girl really has some guts…”

+++

Sakura finished her meal just as soon as cleaned her table. Bits of bread dangled by as she stopped Yena from closing the door. She continued munching along the way until she got to her room. Due to her tiredness, she immediately slumped on her bed.

“Ah…what’s up with today? I’m so tired…” Sakura huffed and got up again. “Well, time for a bath…”

Sakura went to get her basket of hygienic products and got to the door when she was greeted by her fellow dormers.

“Hello, Sakura-san…”

“Hey, Ikumi-chan, Damin-chan, Yuka-chan…” Sakura greeted back.

“We don’t really talk much. We’re freshmen like you.” Damin spoke.

“I hope we can get along,” said Ikumi.

“Same.” Sakura spoke.

“Have you taken a bath yet, Sakura-san?” Yuka asked.

“I was about to,” Sakura answered. “And about the bath…”

Damin pats her shoulder. “Come on. We’ll take you there.”

Sakura was really thankful to the girls as she walked with them.

“By the way, there’s the news,” Ikumi spoke. “The Omega Bathhouse is under repair.”

Sakura was damned as she was reminded that there were two bathhouses in the dormitory: Alpha and Omega. The Omega was big and was for all dormers while the Alpha was a smaller yet special bath only for the dorm head and for the dorm leaders.

“You can use the Alpha Bathhouse for today but only until 9 PM,” said Damin.

“We all took baths earlier. I think you’re the only one who hasn’t, Sakura-san.” Yuka added. “Better use the bathhouse quickly.”

Sakura saw the sign, written exactly as the three told her. Sakura felt touched that the three reminded her. “Thanks for letting me know! If you’ll excuse me…”

“No problem, Sakura-san.” Ikumi saluted. “See you tomorrow.”

Sakura replied with a not and got inside. As the coast was clear, Damin smirked and got the paper off of the wall.

“Of course, that’s not true. We lied successfully~~” Yuka spoke.

“I can’t believe that was so easy.” Ikumi resisted her loud laugh.

“It would be good if the dorm leaders or Akimoto-san see her bathing in the Alpha bathhouse, which is prohibited for us dormers…” Damin added then cackled.

“She’d be dubbed as a lawbreaker. Serves her right, though…” Ikumi said and the two couldn’t agree more.

+++

Sakura felt happy like winning a lottery. She had the bathhouse to herself and she would be bathing inside a very fancy bathhouse. She did the usual routine of prepping and taking a bath before finally ending it by dipping herself in the onsen. She lets her head rest by the corner, hair tied into a bun.

“This feels nice…” Sakura spoke with a wide grin. “The dormers are really nice. I hope I can get along with them…”

Her trance and waddling of feet beneath the hot water were disrupted when she heard the doors open. Sakura wondered if there was still another girl aside from her, all the while she was ashamed to talk to another person without any makeup on. Nonetheless, she went curious and got to the other corner like a swimming cat and got a peek.

The person had long and y legs. A black towel covered her lower body and her s, showing very fine abs. Sakura saw the face and she could faint right in the onsen.

K-Kaeun-san! What the is that Black Angel doing in here?!

Sakura submerged as she caught Kaeun glancing at where she would’ve relaxed, all the while she showered herself with water. Kaeun faced away again, just as Sakura got back up to breathe. Sakura was in hiding mode, wondering of the situation she was while her inner conscience admired Kaeun’s build. She admired her broad shoulders, her y figure her long legs, her black hair, even her fine face, and long neck. Kaeun finished and Sakura knew she had to hide again. Kaeun got to the other onsen, towels off and submerging her whole body, all the while she played with the pack of body scrub close to her right.

Sakura knew she was in big trouble. She also wondered if this was all a mishap involving those dormers or was this part of Kaeun’s harassment towards her. She needed to get out but what was she supposed to do?

Her respiratory system couldn’t take it anymore as she sat up to breathe. Kaeun was still composed but, of course, she was shocked to see the cherry blossom. For Sakura, she exhaled and faced the Black Angel. “What are you doing here?!”

“That’s my line, lawbreaker.” Kaeun spat. “You’re prohibited to bathe here.”

“But the Omega Bathhouse was in repair.”

“Huh? Yena and Yunjin were inside to shower and they managed to.” Kaeun spoke then snickered. “For someone who’s a cherry blossom, you’re a lawbreaker.” She added a smirk. “What a bonus for your punishment.”

“Aish! I’ll get out so don’t look!” Sakura batted, wrapped herself in her towel, and got up.

“Kaeunnie~ are you in there?”

Sakura knew that voice and she was really nervous, sitting back in the onsen and moving in the same corner. The sight made Kaeun chuckle. “Someone’s desperate.”

“Why is she here too?!” Sakura spat as she grew more worried.

Kaeun gave a glare, freezing Sakura. It was at that moment that Sakura knew she was screwed when Kaeun stood up, body exposed in front of the cherry blossom. Sakura’s brain went in a shutdown as she panicked the moment Kaeun got to her side of the onsen. She yelled a lot of ‘Wait!’s and stopped as Kaeun sat in front of her, covering her stature, with her back facing Sakura. With all the witnesses Sakura had experienced, her brain rebooted to think about the current situation. When the other person was coming inside, she submerged herself in the water.

“So you were here…” Jurina got in, red towels covering her s and her lower part as she had her scrub and shampoo in hand.

“Yeah…by the way, could you hand me my towels over there?” Kaeun requested.

Jurina granted it, giving Sakura idle time to breathe as Kaeun kept watch. She submerged again as Jurina got to their side.

“Here you go.” She handed Kaeun’s towels.

“Thank you. By the way…” Kaeun spoke. “…the temperature in the onsen is perfect.”

“Really?” Jurina asked.

“Yes. It’s lukewarm, your favorite.”

Jurina had a curious side as she tested the waters, wincing. “Ah! It’s hot! I’ll skip, thank you very much.”

Jurina got to the showers and took a bath. Sakura rose up to breathe again, giving Kaeun a slap on the back. Jurina heard the noise and looked, seeing Kaeun shrug as she straightened herself. Kaeun maintained that position and Sakura still hid, up until Jurina finished her bath.

With the last rinse, Jurina was finally done. She wrapped herself with the towels, sparing a glance at Kaeun. “I’ll get going first, Kaeunnie.”

Kaeun just gave a nod and Jurina exits the bathhouse. Finally, Sakura can sit up and breathe properly. With the onsen’s water, she was starting to get a little dizzy.

“It’s about time. My back’s starting to hurt.” Kaeun mumbled.

“Hey…” Sakura responded. “…were you trying to get Jurina-san into the bath on purpose?”

“Maybe…maybe not,” Kaeun answered.

“Unbelievable…” Sakura sighed, getting a chuckle from Kaeun. “Anyway…I should get going…”

Kaeun turned away as she waited for Sakura to get out. But then, she noticed something floating in front of her. She reached to hold a pink hairband. She looked and Sakura finally gave herself to dizziness as her body lifelessly floated in the onsen water.

She could’ve just left her there but it would be too harsh, right?

“This has got to be the sickest joke I’ve ever witnessed…” Kaeun hissed before getting up and helping Sakura up.

+++

Hey, can you hear me?

It was the first thing Sakura heard. Her eyes opened but her world was really dizzy, almost spinning rapidly like a top. In front of her was a silhouette, putting her shirt on.

Tsk…what a pain in the …

Sakura couldn’t believe that it was her. Despite the blurry vision, she was sure it was the stupid giraffe.

Sakura was feeling a lot of emotions and thinking a lot of thoughts. One was that Kaeun looked hot, two was that she didn’t want Kaeun to touch her, and three was that she didn’t want Kaeun to see her bare face. It became another blur before Sakura fainted again.

For the three girls who fooled Sakura, they were curious. Ikumi went towards the doors of the Alpha Bathhouse to keep watch and when the doors opened, she rushed towards Damin and Yuka. “Someone’s coming out?”

“Who?” Yuka asked. “Who came out?”

“I don’t know but she’s coming!” Ikumi spat and pulled the two to hide.

“Akimoto-san must’ve seen her and scolded her big-time.” Damin made a thought. “For to her to be fooled enough to be led bathing in the prohibited Alpha bathhouse, she must be really stupid.”

The girls hid and shut themselves up as the silhouettes came out. They would’ve expected the dorm head storming with a wet Sakura following her like a puppy.

Alas. It was Kaeun carrying an unconscious Sakura in her arms. What made it so aesthetic was that Sakura’s figure fitted perfectly well in Kaeun’s hold and Sakura’s head leaned on Kaeun’s chest, just where her heart was. The girls were taken aback in their hiding place. For Kaeun, she was still the woman who didn’t give a damn, carrying to what she would dub as an idiotic cherry blossom. Her steps were sure as her eyes peer to where her room was. For Sakura, her conscience wondered to who was carrying her. She also wondered about such a feeling. It was really comfortable and fluffy. Such a feeling made Sakura want to stay in such a state forever.

Kaeun got to Sakura’s room and placed the unconscious body in the bed. Just as she was about to get some drinking water, Sakura regained consciousness. Kaeun creased her forehead to control her temper that she leaned on the wall and waited for her to be back to reality. Sakura sat up, shocked to see that she was in her room, that she wore a long white collared shirt that covered up to her knees, and that the Black Angel was in her room.

“What the ?!! Kaeun-san!!” Sakura screamed and hid in the blanket while she checked the shirt. “Why are you-did you put this on me?!”

“I didn’t have much of a choice,” Kaeun answered.

“You ert!”

“Shut your mouth.” Kaeun glared and Sakura turned into a waning puppy.

“Y-Y-You s-saw, right?”

Kaeun sighed and got to Sakura’s fridge, getting a bottle of water. She opened it on the way and drenched Sakura’s face with it.

“Yah! So cold!” Sakura coughed.

“Don’t give me that crap.” Kaeun huffed as she closed the bottle. “You’re the bother for making me do what I didn’t want to do and for making see what I didn’t want to see.”

Sakura realized that her face was bare that she hid it with a blanket, making Kaeun confused like a giraffe caught in too much light.

“Don’t look at me! I have no makeup on!” Sakura spat. “You saw my face without makeup, right?”

“What the hell are you talking about?!”

“You must think I’m a very different girl, right? You must think I’m plain, right?” Sakura mumbled. “I bet you’re enjoying this.”

It was what Sakura thought a lot. She was plain before, hence to why she changed. Seeing herself become plain in front of the Black Angel was a manifestation of her greatest weakness that she thought it was the worst event of her entire life.

“You’re talking nonsense.” Kaeun spat again, feeling a nerve pop inside her head. “No matter what you look like, you are who you are. No other force in the world can ever change that but yourself.”

Sakura was shocked yet relieved of such words. Just when she thought Kaeun was all black, her good actions can make her think that Kaeun had a little white in her, that she was actually a nice woman.

“Don’t give me that look.” Kaeun sighed and handed the bottle. “Just take this and drink it.”

Sakura accepted the bottle and Kaeun made her leave. Sakura yelled her thanks when she tripped. Kaeun was aware that she managed to help her out.

“Yah…what are you? Someone with no feet?” Kaeun batted.

“I’m sorry…” Sakura mumbled as she lowered her head.

Kaeun found Sakura amusing. She reached for Sakura’s chin and made look at herself. “Shape up, you idiotic cherry blossom.”

Kaeun lets herself go and left, leaving Sakura to romanticize the events while she got crossed for being called an idiot.

Just when Kaeun was being nice, Sakura dubbed her as a Black Angel once again.