A Vacation With The Aces (Part 2)

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

Time passed and every skewered dish was on the large table. Everyone was digging in, even Rena saved some for the other valets. The seven girls were at the garden, enjoying good food and good time with friends.

“This is delicious!”  Yuri cheered after munching her fourth skewer.

“Are there any seconds?” Yena asked despite finishing her fourth skewer.

“There’s still plenty left, everyone. Do help yourselves,” said Rena.

Yuri and Yena went back to the table to get more. Yuri finished getting hers first and upon seeing Sakura and Miru, she was reminded of a phone. “Sakura-chan, your phone.”

“Did you get the photo?” Sakura asked.

Yuri had some time to think. Sakura couldn’t wait, especially Miru. “I forgot. Sorry. It’s just that I got tired and there were no good angles. Thank the wasp too.”

“I was so scared of it that I forgot to go near the Black Ace.” Miru added.

“Don’t worry. We’ll find another time. We’ll get a better angle,” said Sakura.

“I want to look a princess next to her, just like the time she carried me after she saved you and I from drowning.” Miru said again. “But it can wait. Our time of being in a vacation with the aces and company is already enough itself.”

Sakura and Yuri agreed and they continued to eat. For Sakura, her eyes targeted onto the two aces, having talks and serving food for each other. It was a sight that reminded Sakura of their friendship, especially of their photos together. All in all, she was glad to have this vacation with friends, especially with the aces.

“What are you doing, Yena?” Sakura asked as she noticed a duck by the grill.

“I want to make the flame stronger.” Yena grinned and the lighter. “I will grill more food skewers.” She then whispered to Sakura. “I also want to show to Yuri how manly I am.”

Yena had the coals lit up and had the idea to pour a little gasoline. Her hand was careless, though, as she had created a fire that could almost burn the garden down. Most of them yelped, with Yena almost burning her hair. The aces saw the commotion and that’s when Kaeun stepped in to help. She managed to tame the fire and grilled the skewers properly. As everything was settled, she checked on Yena. “Let me see.”

Yena got a little blister by her arm and forehead, making Kaeun sigh and mend them through a cold compress. Afterwards, Kaeun taught Yena how to grill properly and the scared duck regained its vibrance. Everyone was impressed of Kaeun again, saying that she was very nice.

Sakura loved the sight and would’ve looked at them when a piece of paper caught her attention. It actually came from the old newspapers Kaeun used to fuel up the fire. Sakura picked the paper up and its content made her realize that she shouldn’t have picked it up in the first place.

It was house trespassing. A group of female delinquents are being searched by authorities for trespassing in the home of a company worker. They ran away without stealing anything…

…the company worker’s daughter, 14-year old Lee Kaeun, had light injuries…

Sakura wondered what this article was about. Why was Kaeun mentioned and how was Kaeun involved in it?

“Sakura-chan.”

“Oh…Jurina-san.” Sakura greeted her as she puts the paper in her pocket.

“Have you eaten already?”

“Yes. It was delicious.” Jurina spoke. “How about you?”

“Yup. It was delicious, indeed.”

“That’s good to hear.” Jurina got closer to Sakura. “What are you doing after this?”

Sakura had nothing to do after the dinner. That’s when Jurina started to say something. “My room is in the back of the second floor.”

Sakura’s heart pumped, almost collapsing with her jelly-turned body. She even saw Jurina’s eyes that have gone fiery again. But she reverted to her normal state as Jurina went inside the villa. “I’ll be waiting.”

Little did Sakura know, her sudden nervousness caused to drop a plate she held. And little did she know, Kaeun had kept watch and had put a little concern towards her. Sakura recalled those words various times but she had to be composed through picking her dropped plate again.

She was confused on what to do in a situation like this. She was also confused to why she was a little afraid. Jurina was her girlfriend. It would be natural to go to her room and do something with her. Rather than feeling all the nervousness, she was supposed to be happy.

“Kkura, are you okay?” Miru saw her and went to help her. “You seem unwell.”

“Nah. I’m fine. Thanks, Mirurun.”

Sakura excused herself towards her room, with the rest still enjoying the dinner. As Sakura went inside, Kaeun was still watching her.

+++

Sakura was facing the mirror, only in her newly bought undergarments. Call the assumption bold but Sakura had a thought that maybe, she and Jurina would do ‘it’. She had been battling with her various feeling, from the thought of going to Jurina’s room to the insecurity of her small s. Nonetheless, Sakura readied herself to go to the Red Ace’s room.

The paper from before was still in her pocket and she desired to keep it until she got answers about Kaeun.

The way to Jurina’s room was going to the backyard. Sakura would’ve walked there but she froze as she Yena by the bushes. “Eh? Yena-chan?”

“OMG- Sakura!” Yena almost snapped. “What are you doing here?”

“I’d ask the same thing about you.” Sakura added. “What’s with the ukulele? Are you practicing a song?”

Yena took a while to answer. Somehow, her flushed face wasn’t helping. “It’s Kaeun-nim…turn out she’s really charming.”

Sakura had a reboot happening in her head. It was unexpected for Yena to say that, like a duck releasing sudden homophobic hormones. “Yena-chan, that was out of nowhere…”

“She’s so cool and dependable. She’s even skilled with many things, like horseback riding…”

Sakura nodded. She’s completely agreeing to that.

“…but Yuri is just as charming.”

Another reboot. Sakura asked. “When you say it like that, do you like Yuri?”

Yena portrayed her duck bills while nodding. Sakura couldn’t believe what she’s hearing. “Then why didn’t you let her know before?”

“I wasn’t holding back.” Yena wrapped an arm around Sakura’s own. “I kept doing this so I could get close to her…even touch her.” Yena sighed after deciding to let go. “I don’t usually take it to another level. Little gestures were enough. My heart was always beating fast when she’s around I thought if I touch her, I might get caught…”

“Eh, what do you mean ‘touch’?”

“The body’s honest when it comes to love, Sakura.” Yena winked. “Plus, I thought Yuri had nice s.”

Sakura could kick Yena’s for her ersion. Yena had her bits of desires but she swore to Sakura to treat Yuri well. Sakura chuckled. Who knew Yena was cute about being giddy towards someone, let alone Yuri?

“You won’t mind, right?” Yena asked.

Sakura shook her head and pointed lightly by the door. Yena followed her point, only to see Yuri passing by. Yena had to excuse herself and go confess to Yuri. Sakura thought it was adorable but she can’t witness.

She had to go to Jurina’s room.

+++

The night had ended well. After helping with the cleaning, Kaeun was by Irving’s area, feeding the dog with enough food and water. Kaeun took some time when she heard a familiar voice. She got up, with Irving following her.

“Irving. Eat.” Kaeun spoke and irving resumed his meal.

Kaeun had a farther look and saw Sakura and Yena talking. She took another look at Irving, whose meal was already finished. “Irving. Kennel.”

The instruction was enough for Irving to return to his home. Kaeun had to go but Irving whimpered, as if he wanted Kaeun to stay.

“Irving, no.” Kaeun spoke and Irving laid down and was completely still. “You’re obedient, you know that?”

Irving responded with a happy bark. As Irving decided to turn in, Kaeun went to the commotion, just in time for Yena to go.

“What are you doing there?” Kaeun asked to a shocked Sakura.

Sakura didn’t know what to respond. She watched Kaeun go but hearing Yena, she had to stop the giraffe. Kaeun wasn’t buying it, asking the cherry blossom to move over but to no extent.

“Not now, Kaeun-san.” Sakura batted softly. “Yena’s confessing to Yuri. If you go there now-“

“I don’t care.” Kaeun batted back. “Stand aside.”

Kaeun made her way but Sakura stopped her. She pinned the giraffe on the wall and had her hand on the giraffe’s mouth. “Stay quiet. Don’t say anything.”

A set of strums came in, followed by Yena’s unexpectedly beautiful voice. Yena sang a love song for Yuri and for Sakura and Kaeun, they were like gossipers on hiding, witnessing a confession only they can hear. But then, words of s came in and Sakura could almost flip out.

“She’s a singer but the lyrics are just off.” Kaeun mumbled.

“Only in various times.” Sakura spoke back. “But you have to take Yena’s seriousness into consideration.”

“I guess…”

Sakura looked back at Kaeun. She was shocked of herself, that she managed to pin Kaeun and to not let her bother Yena’s confession. Even if it wasn’t the case, surely Kaeun wasn’t going to disrupt anything like that.

Sakura decided to distract herself by looking at the packet Kaeun held. It was dog food and surely, Kaeun was hanging out with Irving.

“Hey. How long are you going to keep this up?”

Sakura realized that she was still pinning Kaeun. She lets go and mumbled her apologies. “Sorry. I had to do it so that we won’t disturb Yena’s confession. We should go inside for now.”

Sakura when but Kaeun pulled her into her arms. Kaeun’s long arm was enough to hug the frame and for Sakura, her hands somehow managed to relax on Kaeun’s shoulders. Sakura and Kaeun were locked onto each other’s gazes, with Sakura’s heart suddenly pumping fast.

“What?” She voiced out.

“Don’t hold your hands like that in front of me.” Kaeun spoke, looking down at Sakura’s hands. “You still have to go to Jurina’s room, right?”

Sakura gulped. How did Kaeun know?

“I…I know that…” Sakura couldn’t help her words. “…that’s why…now-“

Kaeun only pulled Sakura closer to herself. Sakura yelped of the sudden action but Kaeun was quick to shut her up. Kaeun lifts Sakura’s shirt and the cherry blossom was frozen and flustered at the same time. She was relived that Kaeun released, seeing her swing around something.

“The tags were sticking out.” Kaeun spoke as she threw them away.

Kaeun noticed Sakura’s expression. She would’ve felt pity but she could only react and smirk. “No way. Did you get the jitters thinking I was going to do something else?”

“N-No! It was – “

“You were so restless because of that.”

For now, Yena was still confusing to Yuri. For Sakura and Kaeun, they were in another flustering situation. Sakura’s face was more flushed as she felt more jittered. Kaeun was the usual one to never give a damn. The look on Sakura’s face was mortifying but to Kaeun, she did that for a reason.

“L-Leave me alone…” Sakura whimpered. “I didn’t know you were planning to do…so I…”

“How long are you going to keep forgetting?” Kaeun snapped.

Sakura was more confused and the assault restarted. Kaeun got Sakura close to her as got to Sakura’s shirt, slipping the sleeve off to show Sakura’s bra strap. Sakura reacted but as Kaeun nipped her shoulder, she whimpered and got even more flushed. She pushes Kaeun off but the latter was strong and had a grip on her. Kaeun eased the nip with a little kiss as her peripherals looked at Sakura. Seeing the cherry blossom flustered made her let go.

“What did I tell you?” Kaeun spoke, wiping her lips. “Stop sticking out your tail and wagging it, dumb dog.”

Kaeun left the flustered cherry blossom to think about her conflicting feelings. Sakura was reminded of Yena’s words, even her times with Jurina. Feeling an unusual connection with Kaeun betrayed her own towards Jurina, leaving her to cry. But nonetheless, she wiped her tears and went to Jurina’s room. She got to a mahogany door and knocked.

“It’s great that you came.” Jurina added as she got out of her room.

She saw Sakura down, head lowered. Jurina pulled her closer and eased her. “Sakura-chan, come inside.”

They would’ve gone in but Jurina felt Sakura resist. She looked back at the cherry blossom and heard her say. “I’m sorry…but I can’t go in your room.”

Jurina wondered again until Sakura spoke. “I like you, Jurina-san. But no matter what happens, I can’t…even though I went out with you despite having such conflicting feelings…“

 

“It’s alright, Sakura-chan.” Jurina added as she held her hand. “There’s no need to overthink about this.”

“I won’t go in!” Sakura snapped, pulling her hand away.

The two went silent after realizing what’s happening. Sakura realized her flustered feelings got the best of her that she looked up, fearing that she had hurt Jurina. But then, she saw Jurina’s fiery gaze as she asked, “Is that so?”

Sakura was motionless. Jurina leaned by the door, arms crossed. “Okay. I understand. Shall we break up, then?”

Sakura reacted towards Jurina’s question but the Red Ace had bid her goodnight, closing the door with a loud bang. Sakura could only mumble her own goodnight and leave, dejected. Jurina had gone into her fiery state as her body was leaning out a door and released a frustrated sigh. She would’ve turned in when she saw a piece of paper by the door.

“What’s this?” She mumbled as she picked it up.

Jurina’s eyes bawled in seeing the content. Her fiery state ignited even more as she crumples it.

Sakura-chan…why did you have this article?

+++

It was another morning for the seven girls. Most of them were up and giddy for the day but not Sakura.

“Good morning…Kkura?” Miru saw the cherry blossom curled up on her bed. “Were you able to sleep?”

“Uhh…yes?” Sakura answered back, almost shocking her best friend. “Good morning…”

“You look a little dreadful. Did something happen yesterday?” Miru asked as she got fresh clothes. “Is it why you couldn’t sleep well last night?”

“Good morning~” Yuri rose up from her bed. “I was asleep like a log.”

“Good, good…” Sakura got up. “I’m gonna wash my face for a bit.”

For Miru and Yuri, they went down as soon as Yena called them. Sakura caught up long after and they got to the dining hall. Breakfast was already served and the Matsui sisters were already finishing.

“Morning, girls.” Rena greeted while drinking her tea.

“Good morning.” Jurina followed. “Did everyone sleep well?”

Yuri greeted them first and nodded. Miru followed as she wondered of a flustered Sakura. Sakura wouldn’t have been like that but a particular Red Ace caught her attention. Nonetheless, she greeted. “Good morning-“

“Sakura-chan, you’re hair’s a mess.” Jurina commented.

“You and your mouth.” Rena pricked her ear. “Join us.”

Miru and Yuri got to their seats to dig in. Sakura followed suit as Miru whispered. “The day has just started and Jurina-san’s so nice already.”

Sakura could only nod as she ate. Her eyes were sometimes looking at Jurina, from seeing her drink her coffee up until she finished her meal and went out to relieve herself. She wondered why Jurina was still the same after their encounter last night, an encounter that happened because of her initiation with their relationship. In amidst of that, it felt like they weren’t even dating at all.

Her look somehow stopped at Kaeun. She was outside with Yena and they were training Irving. It seemed that they have finished their breakfast. Kaeun left Yena to have fun with Irving and passed by Sakura. Sakura finished her breakfast quickly and became a raging puppy towards Kaeun, all because of what happened last night. She saw the aces talking and she would’ve thought that maybe, the aces have been manipulating her.

Sakura regained her flustering self by eating some dried squid.

“Kkura.” Miru called.

“What?”

“There’s a place nearby where we can ride boats.” Miru spoke. “Maybe you could have the Red Ace take us there.”

“Don’t fret. I’ll have Kaeunnie and Jurina take you there.” Rena added as she finished.

Miru and Yuri were happy about it, leaving Sakura to think why she didn’t know about the boats.

+++

The six friends got to the harbor. There were a variety of boats, even the little ones that had designs and that were usually used for tourists. Miru, Yuri, and Sakura stopped to enjoy the view and feel the cool breeze while the aces were surrounded by admirers.

Sakura looked at the two finding it hard to pass because of the raging crowd of boys and girls. Sakura sighed. They’re always surrounded and always had the strong appeal.

“Oh my gosh-I’m here…” Yena came and panted. “I was a little late since I helped Rena-neesan with her stuff.”

“Eh? Where’s she going?” Sakura asked.

“Business trip.” Yena added. “She gave a letter to one of the valets to bid us farewell but I’m sure the aces knew beforehand.”

“Anyway, what happened to your confession yesterday?”

Yena was flustered. She looked that Miru and Yuri were far from them so she answered. “She just applauded me and that was it. I’m not sure what it meant, though.”

“I don’t think Yuri realized that you just confessed.” Sakura sighed but Yena had higher hopes. “I guess you can do better next time.”

Yena agreed and made a fist bump. Sakura chuckled of her positivity.

“Sakura-chan?” Sakura looked and there was Jurina. “Shall we ride a boat together?”

Sakura would’ve said yes. But on this one, she reacted. “Eh? Just the two of us?”

“What are you saying, Kkura?” Miru nudged her. “Of course, you’d mean it.”

“Take care, you two.” Yena and Yuri added.

The friends thought it was romantic. The admirers were a little bitter, knowing that Jurina had someone already. For Sakura, she wasn’t in the mood to go.

“Is something wrong?” Jurina asked, hand still lent towards her.

“But-“

“Ah.” Jurina spoke. “Could it be that you’re scared of water?”

“That’s not it. It’s just-“

Jurina held her hand tight and pulled her. Sakura’s legs couldn’t help but follow. “Jurina-san-“

“Well then, let’s go. I have something to tell you.” Jurina spoke, almost too quickly.

Sakura felt a little pain due to Jurina’s pulling. Sakura wanted her to wait and let go of her but Jurina turned a blind eye and deaf ear. The others would’ve been fine about it but somehow, something in Jurina was odd.

Sakura was almost losing it when a slap hits Jurina’s hand. Sakura would’ve been released but she was onto another hold. Sakura looked up, only to be flustered.

It was Kaeun who held her and who slapped Jurina’s hand off. But still, Sakura was stuck between the two aces.

“Kaeun-san…Jurina-san…l-let go…”

“Yah, Jurina!” Kaeun spat. “This isn’t like you. What happened?”

Jurina was like a deer caught in the headlights. She looked at Sakura, at Kaeun, at her friends, and at her hold on Sakura’s wrist. She lets herself go, only to see red mark surrounding Sakura’s wrist.

“Ah…this isn’t like me indeed.” Jurina sighed as her expression turned sad. “Your wrist turned red. I’ve pulled you too hard. I’m sorry, Sakura-chan.”

Sakura looked at Jurina and was relieved that Jurina returned to her usual state. Kaeun lets her go quickly and she almost stumbled, concluding that all of them decided to just watch the view.

Sakura got her turn to becoming the deer caught in the headlights. Getting in between the two aces was always a shocking experience. She didn’t understand what had gotten in Kaeun’s mind, to why she interfered, and what had gotten in Jurina’s mind, to why she was different from the usual and to why she was very scary.

But then, there’s was still some closure that needs to be resolved. Perhaps, a ride on a boat with Jurina can help.

“Jurina-san, shall we ride a boat?” Sakura asked the ace. “I also have something to tell you.”

Jurina agreed. She would compensate after pulling Sakura too hard. The two got in a small oar boat with Jurina rowing. The others watched them go but within them, Yena had something in mind.

“Kaeun-nim.” She nudged the taller. “You witnessed what happened, right? Shall we go and see where it goes?”

Kaeun sighed and scuffled Yena’s hair. “Just shut up and watch.”

+++

Jurina and Sakura were far from the harbor. Sakura was relieved that she got this moment but ever since yesterday, she had time to reflect. She wanted to know what Jurina thought about their whole relationship because in reality, it was close to its end.

“Jurina-san.” Sakura started. “About yesterday-“

“Sakura-chan.” Jurina intervened. “You like Kaeunnie, don’t you?”

“Eh?”

“That’s why yesterday, you didn’t want to go in my room, right?” Jurina spoke again.

“Like? Eh? T-The Black Ace?” Sakura reacted even more. “No…No way! That’s impossible!”

“Really?” Jurina stopped rowing and got the piece of paper she found. “Then why do you have this article with you?”

Sakura gasped. It was the same article she found last night. She never thought it slipped off her fingers and got into Jurina’s own. “That’s-“

“Could it be that you’re interested in Kaeunnie?” Jurina got to bat again. “If you knew about Kaeunnie’s past, I wonder if you’ll think of her differently.”

“H-Her past?” Sakura was still flustered. “If I remember correctly, she got into a fight…then she got mixed up in a robbery incident…”

“You’ve got it all wrong.” Jurina shook her head while chuckling. “The incident happened because someone wanted to take revenge on Kaeunnie…”

Sakura was shocked again. It was then that Jurina decided to tell the whole thing.

“There was this female delinquent filled with resentment over losing to Kaeunnie in a match. A large group of people came to settle with her. It was tough, even the whole house became caught up in this issue.”

Sakura gulped. She had second thoughts whether it was true or not because looking at Kaeun, she may look cold but there was no way she’d ever do such a thing. “Is this…the thing you wanted to tell me?”

“If you continue hanging out with her, you’ll face many dangers of her past.” Jurina spoke, looking at Sakura with the same fiery eyes. “By hearing this, I’m sure you wouldn’t think of going near her again. Everyone thought the same way and-“

Sakura snatched the article and ripped it apart, shocking Jurina. “So what? I don’t care about whatever Kaeun-san did in the past. I’m sure she was never a monster to begin with!”

Jurina was flustered. Sakura got her side now it was time to speak her own. “Now, I just want to know how you feel, Jurina-san…” She stood up and spat. “Why did you go out with me?”

The boat was wobbling. Jurina noticed but Sakura didn’t give a damn. “I want to know your true feelings-“

Sakura would’ve fallen into the sea but Jurina caught her and sat her down again. Sakura gulped as Jurina was inches close to her. Nonetheless, Jurina was relieved that Sakura was safe.

But that was far from over.

“Well then, I’ll tell you.” Jurina spoke. “Sakura-chan…I treated it all as a game.”

Sakura was silent, eyes bawled out. She wouldn’t have been shocked. Jurina played with her once but with all the moments they had, it struck her heart towards hurt.

“I’m sorry…” Jurina spoke. “I really enjoyed going out with you. But if you must know, Kaeunnie had gotten obsessive with you and she has never been like that before.”

“Jurina-san…”

“So, I thought that if he was obsessed with what is mine, it would be quite interesting. That’s why…” Jurina held Sakura’s hand and gave it a kiss. “…may I take back what I said about breaking up with you?”

Sakura huffed and scooted her hand away. She pushed her off and got to her seat. “This is another game of yours, huh?”

“Shall we go back?” Jurina smiled and rowed them back to shore.

Sakura was pissed. Their moment would change and Jurina and Kaeun were no longer aces in her eyes.

Kaeun was still the Black Angel and Jurina finally lived up to her real nature: White Demon.

+++

“Welcome back~” Yuri greeted the two.

“I’m tired. I’m going back to the villa.” Sakura sighed.

“Shall I take you there?” Jurina asked.

“I’ll be fine.” Sakura scoffed her off.

The friends were shocked of Sakura. Miru clung onto the fantasy of having a great time with the Red Ace while Yuri just went with Kaeun and Yena. Jurina and Miru followed suit towards the horseback riding course as Sakura walked back to the villa. Sakura arrived and stopped by the garden, just where Irving was. The dog had been obedient and Sakura got to pet him. “Irving…was this all a game to Jurina-san?”

The dog just waned and laid down next to Sakura.

You like Kaeunnie, don’t you?

Jurina’s question rang inside her head that she ended up sulking. Irving sat up and waned again.

“Stop it. I don’t know anything anymore.” Sakura crunched up then looked at Irving. “Will you give me a hug?”

Irving became frisky and ended up lunging at Sakura like the playful boy he was.

“It seems that you two got along very well.”

“R-Rena-neesan?” Sakura spoke beneath the frisky dog. “I thought you were on a business trip-“

Sakura yelped as Irving was on top of her small build. Rena motioned Irving to go back to his kennel and Sakura was free. Rena helped her up and lets her sit on a chair. She had a hairbrush on hand and brushed Sakura’s hair off of dirt.

“It was cancelled to next week.” Rena spoke. “I guess Yena-chan spoke to you about it.”

She nodded and kept still as Rena continued to brush her hair. “You have a nice hair color.”

“Thank you.”

“Irving had gotten you dirty again. Want to spend time in the bath?”

Sakura was reminded of THAT time with the aces that she spoke. “No. I’m fine, Neesan.”

Rena still brushed and Sakura was reminded of her compliment towards her hair. Jurina said the same words before that Sakura felt happy. But with what happened, it might conclude that the aces were just playing with her. But could Sakura say that? Thanks to the aces, she gained self- confidence, even if it was really all a game.

What has her world turned into?

“Rena-neesan, maybe I should go back home now.”

Rena stopped her brushing. “Why?”

“Kaeun-san and Jurina-san…” Sakura spoke. “I think it would be better if they’re not with me…”

“This is about love, isn’t it?” Rena added while facing Sakura.

“H-How did you-“

“I’m Jurina’s big sister plus Kaeun like my little sister too. We’re family so I know what they’re thinking and what they’re capable of doing.”

“Well, I used to dream of having a normal love life and got involved with them, especially with your sister.” Sakura confessed. “But as the days went by, maybe they’re just out of my league.”

“Well, both can get cocky, especially Jurina.” Rena spoke. “But I want you to know that my little girls are normal people, like you and me.” She had an album on hand. “Would you like to see more adorable photos of them?”

“If I would…I’d be looking at two demons.” Sakura became frank.

Rena chuckled. “I used to say the same when we were younger. They were really a handful.”

Sakura nodded. Rena fetched a valet to return the hairbrush and the album back. She faced Sakura and she talked again. “Tell me honestly, Sakura-chan. Have you grown to dislike the two?”

She gulped. She couldn’t believe she was saying all her love frustrations towards the big sister. “I don’t know…but man, are they a handful?”

“It’s life and love a work.” Rena advised. “But whatever happens, just follow your heart. And if they cause you trouble, you tell me right away, okay?”

Sakura nodded. “Thank you, Neesan.”

A valet came in and he talked to Rena. Rena nodded and got back to Sakura’s attention. “I need you not to go home yet. Have fun for yourself and for your friends. In fact, I’ll give you a start.”

“What should I do, Neesan?”

“Can you ride a horse?”

+++

Sakura walked dejectedly towards a horse sanctuary. She had taken Rena’s recommendation on horseback riding but in retrospect, she hasn’t done it before. Also, it left her to think that Rena was just like Jurina.

No. She was a little stressed out and needed to let loose.

A series of cheers and a black horse sped up. Sakura saw that Kaeun was riding the black beauty that somehow, she focused on the rider than the horse.

“Kkura, you came!” Miru waved and pulled her to come and watch. “It’s cool, right?”

“It’s amazing. The aces can ride horses with ease.” Yuri added.

Soon, the sanctuary was packed with admirers since the aces were doing their leisure. Sakura watched Kaeun ride her black horse and saw Jurina by the stables, petting her white horse after her time of riding it.

Sakura was flushed in seeing the two. She wondered if her heart was going to play against her.

+++

Kaeun finished a lap and got to Jurina. She called her, getting her attention as she hopped onto her horse again.

“Is it alright that you’re not with her?” Kaeun batted as she loosened her helmet.

“What?” Jurina batted. “Didn’t you stop me a while ago?”

“Well, that’s because you seriously irritate me.”

“Is that so?” Jurina asked while riding towards the starting line. “Maybe it’s because Sakura-chan barely listens to what I have to say.”

“It’s pointless to make a move on what belongs to me in the first place.” Kaeun spat and sped off.

The witnesses wondered of their conversation but they were seeing a horse race. Kaeun was ahead but Jurina managed to catch up and got ahead this time. Kaeun would payback and they were stuck in a neck to neck race.

Miru and Yuri cheered as Sakura was silent looking at them. Deep down, she never felt hate towards the aces. Even if it will be the case that it was all a game, she saw it as a wonderful moment because it changed her to become a better person.

They changed her to become a good person.

“Aren’t you youngsters going to ride?” The owner asked the three. “Your friend is out there practicing.”

They looked to where the owner was pointing and there was Yena on one side. She was trying her best to ride the horse but she ended up praying for her life and she rode without proper control. It was like Yena was riding a bull instead of a horse.

“We’ll just stay here and watch.” Miru spoke as Yuri joined her.

“I’ll take a ride.” Sakura spoke, shocking the two.

+++

On cue, Kaeun and Jurina finished their race, with Kaeun winning.

“Ah…as always, Kaeunnie…” Jurina panted. “You’re really fast…and it’s very frustrating.”

Kaeun didn’t pay attention. Jurina called her but Kaeun was looking at the side. Jurina followed her gaze and spoke. “Huh? Is that Sakura-chan?”

Kaeun saw Sakura and Yena trying to ride their horses. Yena got the hang of it but Sakura didn’t. She was clutching onto the horse’s neck and the animal was getting angry. Jurina was worried if Sakura might get injured but Kaeun was ahead to intervene. She rode towards the site and got to Sakura’s side.

“It’s going to be alright. If you calm down, he’ll listen to you.” Kaeun spoke.

“I-Impossible…” Sakura yelped and shuts her eyes.

“Open your eyes.” Kaeun spoke again. “Take a deep breath and straighten your back.”

Sakura was scared but slowly, she obeyed Kaeun. Just as she said, the horse calmed down.

“Loosen the reins and give a strong kick to his abdomen.”

Sakura loosened her reins but she gulped of kicking the horse’s abdomen. “But…I can’t-“

“Kick it.” Kaeun spoke and kicked her own horse.

Sakura watched Kaeun ride her horse with ease. She followed her words and in no time, she rode the horse with ease too. “He..He’s walking.”

Miru and Yuri applauded, even Yena was by her back riding her horse. Kaeun got to her side and Sakura realized that their gazes were on the same level.

Her heart suddenly pumped upon seeing something unusual. Kaeun was smiling at her.

Sakura-chan, you like Kaeunnie, don’t you?

Her heart didn’t lie. Maybe, just maybe…she really liked Kaeun.

So much for her vacation…