A Vacation With The Aces (Part 1)

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

After a long ride, they arrived at the villa. They got out of the car and stopped to feel the nice breeze.

“It was my first time in a service car,” Miru said after stretching.

“It was also nice that Jurina-san arranged it to pick us up at the station,” said Sakura.

“Sakura-chan, come here,” Jurina called her.

Miru pushed her and joined with Yena and Yuri as they followed Kaeun. Sakura got to Jurina’s side, sparing a sign of thanks.

“It’s no problem. Welcome to my family villa.”

They all wowed as it was a real villa, huge and painted by the best of whites. Jurina and Kaeun were ahead and were welcomed by a beautiful woman inside.

“Rena-neesan.” Jurina and Kaeun greeted.

“Welcome, everyone. Come inside and may you enjoy your stay here.” 

Jurina might’ve said that it was a family villa but of the main owner, it was Matsui Rena. She was Jurina’s older sister and everyone was obliged to meet her as much as Rena was with Jurina’s friends.  She spared a warm hug to her sister but a more joyful one towards Kaeun. “Kaeun-chan~~ how are you?”

“I’ve been well, Neesan,” Kaeun added as she hugged back.

“I’ll ask Kiyoto and the other valets to have your luggage inside your respective rooms. I even got the best room for you, Kaeun-chan.” Rena added. “As for you, Jurina, who don’t you and Kaeun-chan show your friends around? I’ll catch up after my work.”

Jurina nodded and Rena excused herself to do her work. The others were looking around and even made friends with Kiyoto.

“Sakura-chan.” Jurina held her hand. “I know we’ve just arrived but…” She pulled her close. “I want you to meet another member of the family.”

Most of them were eager but Sakura was nervous. Meeting her sister was an understatement, how much more of another member? The big question was that what if she’ll meet Jurina’s parents.

They arrived at a yard, almost like the garden of Eden. The grass was green, the topiaries had wonderful shapes, and had a wonderful set of tables and chairs and a gazebo. But the main attraction of that was a giant ball of white fluff. “Irving~”

Most of them squealed, with Kaeun still unmoved. Jurina got close to it and patted its head. “This is Irving. We’ve been together since I was a child.”

“She’s a cute doggo.” Yena petted it and the dog wagged its tail. “And she’s big.”

“It’s a ‘he’, Yena-chan.” Jurina corrected and Yena apologized while petting.

She was next to her and softened its white fur. “Have you gone fat again?”

The dog tackled Jurina and her cheek, with the owner laughing. Most of them adored the sight, especially Sakura. Sakura thought Jurina looked cute, just like a child, all the while she felt stupid because she thought she was actually going to meet Jurina’s parents.

Alas. Her thoughts were reverted when Irving went to her. He stood up, his paws holding Sakura’s shoulders and his weight holding Sakura down. Sakura yelped because she was being ‘assaulted’ by the dog, all while her mind was wondering if animals hated her.

“Irving, down,” Jurina spoke but he didn’t listen.

“She just wants to play. Who knew she’s playing with another animal?” Kaeun spoke.

Irving stopped playing with Sakura and went to Kaeun. Kaeun told her to wait and Irving obeyed directly. Kaeun told her to sit and Irving did, all while its tail wagged happily. Miru, Yena, and Yuri thought Kaeun was really cool while Sakura was bewildered as she followed everything Kaeun said.

“I’m sorry for Irving, Sakura-chan.” Jurina got a towel to wipe Sakura’s face off of drool.

“I’m fine,” Sakura added.

“As always, he listens well to Kaeunnie.”

They watched Kaeun train Irving and the dog always obeyed Kaeun’s command. The three applauded and Kaeun hi-fived Irving, his majestic paws meeting Kaeun’s palms.

“Somehow, it suits her. The dorm’s cat is also attracted to her.” Sakura said.

“I’m glad Sayaka-san was willing to take care of it,” Jurina said back. “I wonder if Kaeunnie’s easily liked by animals. In the past, Irving showed more love to Kaeunnie than me.”

“The animals aren’t scared.” Sakura joined the others in admiration. “She’s caring as well.”

Jurina knew Sakura’s emotions were just part of her. But for the gleam in her eyes to focus on Kaeun, it was stirring her inner jealousy. But having the image of white, she was making sure not to make it look evident through pulling Sakura for a hug. “This time, I don’t want to hand it over.”

Sakura didn’t get that. She would’ve thought about it when Kaeun drew closer to them.

“Jurina, we’re going to ride now.”

“Right,” Jurina spoke as she lets Sakura go and faced everyone. “We’re going out for a bit so if you want to stay here, take your time to stand by or look around.”

“Eh? Where are you two heading, Jurina-san?” Yuri asked.

“Horse-riding. There’s a horse-riding ground nearby.”

“I want to watch!” Miru raised. “Let’s go and watch, Kkura.”

“Jurina-san, can everyone come and watch?” Yena asked.

Jurina gave a nod as she and Kaeun went ahead. Everyone was excited and went with them with the exclusion of Sakura since Irving became a playful dog and lunged onto her small frame, leaving her on the same spot.

“Hm? You’ve become such good friends already.”

“R-Rena-nee-chan!” Sakura gasped as she was still pinned by a happy Irving. “A little help, please?”

Rena went closer and trained Irving as Kaeun did. Luckily, Irving obeyed and went back to his kennel. Rena helped Sakura up and lets her sit on a chair. She ordered one of the valets close by to serve them tea as she wiped Sakura off of dirt.

“Thanks a lot, Neesan.” Sakura added.

“Not a problem,” Rena added and sat on the opposite side, facing her.

The valet returned with the tea. Rena thanked her as he returned to his post and poured some on both their cups.

“Here you go.” Rena handed Sakura her cup.

“Thank you, Neesan.” Sakura received and took her first sip.

“Irving was never that playful. To think that he got close to someone other than Jurina and Kaeun-chan…” Rena takes a sip of her tea. “…goes to show that it had been nice that this year’s livelier.”

“What makes you say that, Neesan?”

“It’s always been the two of them coming here every year.”

Because if she was found out and kicked out of the dorms, she would have nowhere else to go.

Sakura was reminded of Jurina’s words. She was relieved that one night wasn’t caught. She couldn’t bear Kaeun being homeless. Then again, with the loneliness of the villa and of her friendship with Jurina, surely this was a last resort.

Sakura was cut off by a clacking sound of glass. She got back and it was only Rena putting her cup down.

“Jurina and Kaeun-chan…they are really such good friends.” Rena began again. “Back then, Jurina didn’t have nor gained friends but only jealous enemies…so she was saved by Kaeun-chan many times.”

“Eh?” Sakura reacted, almost spitting her tea. “It’s not the opposite?”

“It’s not. Jurina’s too big of a wuss, to be honest.” Rena added while showing Sakura something. “To prove it, how about I show you something nice?”

Sakura got a picture but it was a picture of pure fluff. It was a picture of Jurina and Kaeun when they were kids. Jurina was holding Kaeun’s hand and Irving, back when he was still a puppy. They had fine clothing and like usual, they had the opposite expressions. Jurina was the innocent looking child whereas Kaeun was the serious one.

Sakura adored them both. They looked adorable that she even thought they were black and white angels.

“Don’t tell them that I showed you that. They get embarrassed.” Rena added a wink. “Can you keep it as a secret, Sakura-chan?”

“I will.” Sakura nodded.

“Anyway, you have all the time in the villa, so…” Rena called the valet again. “How about you go for the baths?”

+++

With Sakura’s state of dirt and dog drool, she considered Rena’s offer and got to the baths. Rena gave her details on the commodities and left her for some more work. Sakura had the time of her life as she was bathing in the shower room with luscious hygienics. While scrubbing, Sakura wowed of its interior. It was just like a ryokan.

Sakura glimpsed at the window and there was also the open hot bath. She decided to finish her bath quickly to dip into the hot spring in order to finish cleaning herself up without any witnesses seeing her . She dipped into the hot spring and relaxed, her mind thinking that this was the best vacation she had yet.

As she spent her time dipped, she was reminded about Jurina and Kaeun. Both were aces of different colors, just as much as they were angel and demon. But knowing that it was Kaeun who had most of Jurina’s back, it’s like seeing sides of them to which she would never know. With that and Hyewon’s assumptions comes the eagerness to know them both.

 And deep in her heart, it wanted to know Kaeun more.

Sakura’s field of thought was disrupted by a splash. She thought Miru was joining her but alas, it was Deja Vu all over again.

It was her and Kaeun meeting in the bath again.

“No way!!” Sakura yelped and dipped to only show her head. “You were horse-riding! How did you get here so quickly?”

“Who rides for hours?” Kaeun asked and dipped with Sakura.

“Why are you taking a bath at a time like this?” Sakura batted.

“Who wants to be sweaty after all that?” Kaeun batted back.

Sakura moved to the farthest corner, wanting to be away from Kaeun. She wanted to get out of the bath but her body wasn’t cooperating with her. Kaeun had noticed her movements and smirked, drawing closer to the cherry blossom.

“H-Hey! Don’t come near me!!” Sakura covered herself and dipped again. “Why don’t you just finish your bath quickly and get out?”

“Who are you to decide, cherry blossom?” Kaeun raised. “For a moment there, you would’ve gotten used to this because it happened before.”

Sakura fumed as Kaeun was still drawing closer to her. “Don’t you dare. I’ll call someone.”

Sakura’s back met the end of the hot bath. Kaeun’s playful smirk grew wider as she pinned Sakura on her place. “Call for them, then.”

Sakura could kill her conscience for facing such a frustrating predicament. She and Kaeun knew well that no one would come to a call. Nonetheless, Sakura pushed Kaeun away. Sadly, her weak limbs were no match for the taller figure before her but her will was untouched. “M-Move! I’m getting-“

The deity of clumsiness came in Sakura’s soul as she slipped. She would’ve dived deep the hot bath like a belly-flopped swimmer but she got a hold on Kaeun. The scene was in the boundary of and romantic since Sakura’s limbs wrapped around Kaeun’s waist. Her body felt her toned body as her head was in between Kaeun’s s.

Kaeun had her eyes wide while looking down at the cherry blossom. Sakura gulped and froze plus her raging heartbeat didn’t help her. Kaeun regained her composure and chuckled. “ert.”

“Y-You’re wrong!!” Sakura pushed her off. “You’re the one who’s-“

“Kaeunnie~ are you already in there?”

The two heard a familiar and felt history repeating itself. The voice called to Kaeun again and they realized that the said person was just a bathroom door away.

“Move over…” Sakura whispered while pushing Kaeun away quietly. “It’ll be bad if Jurina-san sees us like this.”

“It will bad if both are bodies like this?” Kaeun whispered back.

“Yes. Not just that but…” Sakura was snapping. “…seeing two people in a situation like this is bad in itself.”

Kaeun pinned her again. Sakura thought that the Black Angel was turning into a demon and that she was enjoying this. “I won’t be the one in trouble.”

Sakura splashed hot water on Kaeun’s face, almost hitting her eyes. Kaeun was taken aback but she wasn’t all that affected. She looked down and Sakura was adjusting her towel and turning away.

“What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong is that I have to get out of here!” Sakura snapped, whispers still maintained. “Because she’s going to see both of us together.”

Kaeun could only look at Sakura as she heard Sakura say that she was going to leave. For Sakura, the whole repetition of events made her freeze and for that, Kaeun did the honors to leave.

Sakura gasped seeing it. “Hey! W-Wait-“

“As always…” Kaeun looked back with fiery eyes. “…you’re so desperate.”

Kaeun motioned her to hide as Sakura involuntary did so. Kaeun went out and meet Jurina from there.

“Kaeunnie…so you were really inside the open hot bath, huh?” Jurina spoke as she was done with her light shower. “I’m heading in too-“

“The water isn’t warm anymore.” Kaeun disrupted as she got in.

Sakura heard all of it and was glad that Jurina didn’t get in. She dipped deeper in order to see if the coast was clear but alas, Kaeun was still in the bath, dipping onto the jacuzzi inside the shower room.

Sakura would’ve thanked her for saving her twice but not on this one. She went back to her hiding spot and cursed the heavens of the lost opportunity to escape.

In the shower room, the aces have utilized the large shower room.

“I guess today isn’t a good idea for the open hot bath, huh?” Jurina spoke as she joined Kaeun in the jacuzzi. “All the warmth got into you, huh?”

Kaeun could only sigh and indulged. Jurina chuckled of her best friend. “Now that you’ve finished your business in the open hot bath, the jacuzzi is your next target.”

“And what about it?”

“I’m just saying that you’re always the one to stay long in baths,” Jurina answered, her hand playing with the soap.

“I only wanted to move in the jacuzzi next to find some warmth.” Kaeun reasoned and indulged deeper.

Jurina got out to do a normal shower this time. As she puts some shampoo, she was reminded of something. “Kaeunnie, it’s a little weird for the villa to have a lot of people. Normally, it’s just the two of us, sometimes Rena-nee-san joins us.”

“It is as you say,” Kaeun mumbled.

Jurina resumed her shower. For Kaeun, her head visualized a scene and within her expression was a smirk. She knew that the cherry blossom had eavesdropped on them.

“Speaking of which…” Jurina talked again as she rinsed herself. “…I don’t want Sakura-chan hanging around and being on the lookout for us.”

“Why?” Kaeun sat properly. “Is there anything you’re planning to do?”

Jurina indulged on her shower before facing Kaeun. “Hmm…perhaps.”

On the other side, Sakura had heard everything, she had her inner thoughts that the trip was going to be unexpected. She never thought of it to be real but with the aces’ talks, it was evident through her ears.

Sakura hissed and cursed in her head for them to get out before she faints in the bath again.

+++

For Sakura’s situation with the aces, it was resolved and she was fresh and in Miru’s room. Miru was busy arranging her clothes as Yuri was with them, looking around.

“Kkura, where were you? We didn’t see you watching the aces with us.” Miru spoke.

“I went to…go for a bath a bit…” Sakura mumbled beneath the pillow by her head.

Miru thought Sakura looked dreadful. She got a drink from her bag and handed it to Sakura, with the cherry blossom drinking it.

“You missed a lot. The view of the aces looked so cool.” Miru added then squealed. “I was head over heels, especially towards Kaeun-san. I’m glad that I brought my phone.”

Sakura finished her drink and laid back down again. Miru and Yuri went around to adore the room yet Sakura was still laying in the bed, her mind thinking about the conversation of the aces from the open hot bath.

From the admiration towards Jurina to her plan of doing something to her, Sakura thought them all and it made her head spin. Sakura thought of wanting to reduce their distance due to the sudden impulses Jurina was showing. But considering all the good things Jurina did, especially with this vacation, Sakura decided to give it a shot by taking things slow.

Her thoughts were disrupted with a call in which she had to answer. With the name, she answered immediately. “Hello?”

Sakura-chan, would you like to take a walk with me?

Sakura agreed with a simple ‘okay’. She got up and went outside the villa, seeing Jurina with a leashed Irving on her side.

“Shall we go, Sakura-chan?” Jurina asked.

Sakura could only nod as she followed her and Irving.

+++

The walk was sullen as the ambiance of nature greeted their senses. Sakura thought it was wonderful. Jurina thought that this moment itself was better.

“Irving wanted to go out for a walk, so I hope you don’t mind that I brought him along,” Jurina spoke.

“That’s alright, Jurina-san,” Sakura answered. “I was also planning to go out and have a walk.”

A pause of chuckles came. Sakura was glad that Irving was around or it’ll be more awkward for her part.

“Sakura-chan, did you change your clothes?” Jurina asked. “You also changed your makeup. You look adorable.”

Sakura thanked her, all the while her heart was beating frantically. As always, Jurina had used the right words to pull off her heartstrings.

“Jurina-san…” Sakura spoke. “May I try walking him?”

Jurina was obliged to and handed Sakura the leash. Just as she was about to receive it, Irving had gotten excited and stood up to her level, his paws on top of Sakura’s shoulders. Jurina thought that her pet was very excited as Sakura thought that walking Irving was going to be harder than expected.

“Irving~” Jurina called. “You’re not listening to me again. Shall I return you home and leave you there?”

The words made Irving turn around and sit, adding waning. Sakura may see Jurina smile but the tone and words scared her a bit. Nonetheless, Sakura managed to pet Irving and the dog was sitting happily as its fluffy tail was wagging.

“That’s cute.” Jurina adored the sight.

“Irving must’ve missed you and Kaeun-san,” Sakura added. “You were together since you were small. I bet a photo of the two of you hugging would look so cute.”

“Photo? Where did you get that idea?”

“Rena-nee-chan shared. I even saw a picture of you when you were little. You were with Kaeun-san.”

Jurina gave a reaction. Sakura thought that her words had slipped out of her tongue that she was worried that she had offended Jurina.

“Ah…you saw that photo. Neesan can be cocky with me sometimes that she shares random secrets.” Jurina spoke then sighed. “Ugh…I feel embarrassed now.”

Sakura felt sorry but with Jurina’s expression, she only had the time to adore her. Nonetheless, she had to talk. “Ah…you were together when you were kids, huh?”

“We were. Sometimes, it’s great…to be good friends…” Jurina spoke before stopping to watch a view of the sea. “…until now.”

Sakura joined her in watching the view, with Irving laying down by her side, resting. They enjoyed the sullen view as their talk continued.

“Just so you know, Kaeunnie was my hero…”

Sakura already knew. She never believed it a first but who knew that Kaeun was the solid wall the protected Jurina and herself? Sakura imagined little Jurina on little Kaeun’s back as they faced their enemies and with, she realized that there was something in the aces’ bond she needed to understand.

With such curiosity, Sakura was eager to know more.

“Hey, Sakura-chan,” Jurina called, giving Sakura her return to reality. “You know…there are some things that I wouldn’t prefer showing you.”

“What? Why?”

“Because no one would want to talk about any of this.”

“I don’t mind,” Sakura commented again, making Jurina look at her. “I feel the opposite. Seeing this side of you actually makes me happy.”

“Happy?” Jurina wondered.

Somehow, Jurina’s aura changed lightly. Sakura may see little but it created a big impact on her, making her wonder if she triggered Jurina again. She clarified that she WAS happy but Jurina was still undrawn.

“Sometimes, I don’t understand you, Sakura-chan,” Jurina spoke, face becoming sullener. “I didn’t do anything nice yet you’re happy.”

Sakura wondered even more but she ended up tripping herself, thanks to a feisty Irving chasing a butterfly. Sakura felt embarrassed whereas Jurina lent her a hand.

“I’m sorry for dragging Irving along.” Jurina apologized.

Sakura thought it was fine. She would’ve gotten herself up when Jurina looked at her seriously. Sakura felt the tension and even felt her heart pound. Jurina reached a hand to caress Sakura’s cheek down to her neck, adding the tension and the pounds of Sakura’s heart. But when Jurina inched closer, it became the breaking point of the tensions and pounds.

This…this isn’t a kiss, is it?

Sakura froze as a long pink tongue greeted her whole face. With the following bark, Sakura yelped. Who knew Irving would steal that kiss?

“Irving-“

“Irving~ don’t scare me like that!”

Sakura wiped herself off of drool and got reactions from their witnesses. Despite the scene mostly composing of giggles, she was still embarrassed. Jurina would’ve joined them but due to her seriousness, she decided to help Sakura and did the honors of walking Irving.

“I’m sorry for causing you trouble.” Jurina began. “I think we should go. You can look forward to something the next time we meet.”

Sakura watched Jurina walk ahead with Irving. She followed suit as her mind was eager to know what her true intentions were.

+++

“I’m back~” Sakura greeted upon her arrival at Miru’s room.

“Thank God, you’re here~” Miru went to her. “How could you leave me all alone? I felt so helpless!”

“Eh~ Yuri’s with you, isn’t she?”

Miru pointed at the sleeping hamster, limbs sprawled like she was making a snow angel. Sakura sighed as she was pulled by Miru towards the veranda. Sakura wondered what Miru was up to when they saw Kaeun outside, reading a book.

“She’s so cool, isn’t it? It’s like looking at a painting…” Miru commented. “I wonder what she’s reading…”

Sakura sighed of her best friend’s infatuation towards the Black Ace but with this situation, she agreed with Miru. It wasn’t just the fact that it looked like looking at a painting but the setting sun and Kaeun was a vexing scenery. It totally suited her.

Miru showed the photo she took. “Isn’t it amazing?”

Sakura could only nod. Miru was totally whipped for Kaeun. “I couldn’t help it. I know it would be against Kaeun-san’s will but the moment was just too surreal.”

“So why did you take it?”

“Because you wouldn’t take photos for me at all.”

Sakura was reminded of the photo she took of Kaeun, the one to which she was sleeping. She wondered why she didn’t send it and to why she didn’t delete it. All she could do was let her inner conscience apologize to Miru for hiding the fact that she did take a photo.

“I wanted a photo of Kaeun-san and I…but it’s not allowed,” Miru mumbled. “Kaeun-san might get mad.”

“I know. Leave it to me.” Sakura spoke and pulled Miru. “Let’s go together.”

Miru was still embarrassed as Sakura insisted. They would’ve gone outside when they saw Jurina at the scene. They couldn’t disrupt the aces’ talk so they hid again.

“Kaeunnie, you really love this place, huh?” Jurina talked to her.

“Because it feels good here,” Kaeun spoke, eyes still glued on reading. “Where’s Irving?”

“Back at his kennel. He’s resting after the walk we had with Sakura-chan.”

Kaeun shuts her book. Jurina wondered as Kaeun shuts her eyes and stretches her neck, speaking. “What are you two doing over there?”

Jurina wondered but she chuckled as Sakura and Miru came out of hiding. Miru was scared, thinking Kaeun was triggered. For Sakura, she had to make an excuse. “I-It’s a nice day, huh?”

“Let’s go back to the room…” Miru whispered.

“You scare and give up easily,” Sakura whispered back. “Kaeun-san isn’t scary. She’s just like a regular person.”

“Glad for all of you to gather here,” Rena spoke, with Yena and Yuri helping her with cartons of ingredients.

“Neesan, aren’t these too many ingredients for an evening barbecue?” Yena asked.

“It’s better than lacking, Yena-chan,” Rena said. “Besides, Jurina and I have guests. We must have a feast!”

“It’s mostly my idea.” Jurina grinned.

“Jurina-san, Rena-neesan…” Sakura gasped like Miru and Yuri. “You went to the trouble of preparing dinner for everyone?!”

“Of course. Want to help?” Rena asked.

All of them were obliged, with Kaeun going ahead and volunteering to carry Yena and Yuri’s cartons. Rena and Jurina chuckled and followed her as the rest did.

+++

All of them were in the garden and prepared everything for the evening barbecue. Yena, Rena, and Yuri helped with the grill. Kaeun and Jurina helped with the utensils as Sakura and Miru helped with chopping the ingredients.

Miru was going well with the apples but for Sakura, she ended up stabbing the apple to death.

“Kkura, you have to peel it like this.” Miru showed her how. “You look like you just tortured the fruit.”

“Mind me. How exactly do you do it again?” Sakura asked as she tried to follow Miru. “And do we need to cut this?”

“Just eat it as it is.” Jurina passed by them holding a small stack of plates. “I don’t want the two of you to cut your fingers.”

Jurina went on, with Miru adding comments that the Red Ace was very nice. Sakura sighed and was reminded that she had a wonderful girlfriend. She was ashamed of herself to be a girlfriend to a very nice woman.

They would’ve resumed their task when Kaeun was doing the same thing on another counter, just after she finished helping Jurina. She was Rena helping her cut some meat, fruits, and vegetables and she had skillful hands, cutting dices and juliennes without any flaw. She also peeled apples like them and they were perfectly done as the apples had no peeling residue and the peeling itself had no excess fruit.

“Amazing…” Yena wowed as she and Yuri finished setting up the grill. “Is she a chef?”

Most of them admired Kaeun’s skills, even Rena. Sakura wowed of the skills Kaeun had. Who knew she was also good at another thing aside from cleaning?

With that, she got an idea and told Miru about it. “Mirurun, let’s go and take a photo. I’ll try and invite her to make the food with us.”

Miru was still shocked but Sakura had pulled her and they went to Kaeun. Sakura tossed her phone to Yuri and told her to take the photos, with the hamster wondering but agreeing anyway. Sakura and Miru got to Kaeun’s side and they watched her put the vegetables and meat in skewers as she doused them with sauce. Miru was squealing internally while Sakura started her plan.

“Y-You’re really good at cooking, Kaeun-san.”

“This isn’t cooking,” Kaeun spoke as she continued her task. “I’m just putting the seasoned pieces in the skewers.”

“You know…Mirurun’s also a good cook.” Sakura added. “Maybe you’d like to work together-“

A duck’s loud quack was heard thanks to the presence of a large wasp. Most of them were scared and they panicked. For the wasp, it was flying around Yena, buzzing to a frantic Yuri taking pictures, and heading towards Miru and Sakura. The friends panicked for the wasp and wanted it to get away.

Just then, Kaeun had eagle eyes and caught the wasp with her bare hand. The insect buzzed within Kaeun’s grasp but she was unmoved. “Stop being so noisy around the flame.”

Kaeun puts a skewer down and went far to release the wasp. The witnesses wowed of another spectacle from her again.

“She caught the wasp with her bare hand…” Yena spoke then quacked. “OH, MY LORD – how to be you, Kaeun-nim?!”

Yuri got the photo of it. The Matsui sisters could only smile as Miru ogled internally again. For Sakura, she was impressed of her but a sudden worry hit her system. Rena instructs them to resume their tasks and obeyed, except for Sakura since she went to where Kaeun was. She saw her wash her hands and got closer.

“Yah, Kaeun-san! Won’t you get poisoned after you held that wasp with your bare hand?” Sakura started to talk. “Did it pierce you?”

“A little,” Kaeun spoke while washing.

“Yah! You already hurt yourself prior to this.”

Kaeun finished and turns the faucet off. She looked at Sakura with a smirk. “So what? Why are you asking me?” She raised her eyebrow as her smirk was wider. “Are you worried about me?”

+++

Yuri was tired walking around and taking random pictures. She rested by the bench and wondered on how to take the picture Sakura instructed her when Miru and Kaeun cannot stay in one place.

“Yuri-chan.” Jurina noticed her. “What’s wrong?”

“Sakura-chan told me to take a picture of Kaeun-nim and Miru-chan but I can’t get a good picture.”

“Is this Sakura-chan’s?” Jurina asked. “May I borrow it for a while?”

Yuri wondered but she handed the phone to Jurina anyway. As Jurina got the phone, her fingers accidentally clicked a picture in Sakura’s gallery. Little did she know, it was going to be a picture that’ll trigger her for the rest of her life.

In Sakura’s gallery was a picture of a sleeping Kaeun. It was the same pic she took supposedly for Miru in which she forgot to delete.

“Jurina-san?”

“I’ll take the photo for you, Yuri-chan.”

Yuri nodded and rested on the bench. Jurina aimed the camera at a scene where Miru was, just in time for Kaeun and Sakura to join her. In reality, it was a perfect image as Kaeun was in between the girls. She took two photos: one with Kaeun and Miru and another with Kaeun and Sakura.

Jurina puts the phone down and looked at the scene of Kaeun and Sakura. Her fiery eyes returned as her mind ran one thing.

She can’t let Kaeun get Sakura’s attention this time.