Clash of Aces

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

School and an interclass ball competition balanced their ways in the student’s timeline. Classes were done on their respective schedules while practices consumed the vacant hours. Classes had their respective timelines for practices and they always made the time count by practicing at their best.

For Class A, the flow was serious, especially with basketball. Being a skillful player, Kaeun was dubbed the leader. She led with an iron fist, her mood changing variously and making the members uncomfortable. Even so, the members had no choice but to obey, and Sakura was one of them.

She wasn’t skillful, to begin with, yet she had gotten better thanks to her members, especially the aces. Kaeun maintained an iron fist in teaching whereas Jurina taught her during little games outside the gym and inside of it when they have cross-class training. Sakura considered both of their time a big help despite the differences of approach.

For now, another practice concludes for Class A. As much as they use the gym for practice, they also have to clean afterward.

“Good work, guys,” Sakura said as she got the basket of balls. “I’ll clean them up later.”

“Thanks, Sakura-chan.” Wonyoung gave a hi-five. “See you later at the dorm.”

She grabbed Yuri and they left. Sakura spared a wave and returned the large basket to its rightful place. While doing so, she overheard Yujin, Yena, and Sian. They were talking while sweeping the floor.

“I’m pumped out,” Yujin said while wiping her brow. “We got more doses of Spartan training today.”

“Kaeun-nim had to one hell of a demon,” Sian whispered.

“She’s technically a Black Angel. She looks sweet but is actually deadly.” Yena clarified.

Sakura heard them and mumbled. “I know how that feels…”

“But looking at the training, Kaeun-nim’s guidance is very accurate.” Yujin smiled as she held the dustpan high. “I can literally see progress. Don’t you guys see that we’re getting better and better?”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it…” Sian had a thought. “…you’re absolutely right, like, I at making assists but I’m getting the hang of it.”

“Even me with shoots. I can make a three-point shoot now.” Yena cheered as Sian and Yujin joined in. “I’m happy that Kaeun-nim managed to participate with us.”

Sian and Yujin couldn’t agree more that they resumed cleaning. Sakura heard everything, reminding herself of what Kaeun used to say.

The class is scared of me. With a conflict like that, I can’t play with them in a match.

Sakura felt sad at first but she felt happy. She thought that if Kaeun had heard them, she might actually smile of it and feel happy too.

+++

It was the dismissal of the entire school. After finishing the cleanup, Class A rushed to change onto their uniforms. Sakura managed to join in with Miru and Yunjin but she was the last of the three. Nonetheless, she managed to change and rejoin with them.

“Mind me for the delay…” Sakura panted. “The changing rooms were occupied.”

“That’s fine, Kkura,” said Miru.

“Speaking of which, next week’s finally the interclass ball tournament.” Yunjin cheered. “I can’t wait to play.”

“Some of us can only cheer. I imagine you and Wonyoung doing both, Kkura.” Miru added but she suddenly stared at her. “Wait a minute. Didn’t you wear a scrunch for your hair today?”

Sakura froze then checked her hair. Miru had her guesses right but alas, she didn’t wear it.

“You’re right!” Sakura reacted. “Damn, that was my favorite one…”

“Maybe it dropped on the storage room when you carried the basket of balls…” Yunjin mumbled. “…and as much as I want to help, I still have homework to do.”

“Plus I need to help my roommate with her stuff.” Miru raised.

“It’s fine, guys. I’ll look for it myself.”

Miru and Yunjin had to go ahead, bidding Sakura goodbye. She rushed to the storage room since the dorm’s curfew was almost up. As much as she wanted to shrug it off, her mind and heart couldn’t bear to think that it was lost.

She arrived at the storage room and opened the door, shocking to see Kaeun all alone while cleaning the basketballs.

What is the Black Angel doing here?

Sakura coughed a bit, getting Kaeun’s attention. “It’s almost curfew. Is it fine for you to break the rules…dorm leader?”

Kaeun stopped cleaning, fazed to see Sakura. “Curfew?”

“It’s already 9 PM. The school will close soon.”

Kaeun clicked her tongue and resumed cleaning. Sakura was fazed of her attitude, from being a cleanaholic to being a concerned citizen of curfews.

Sakura didn’t notice to herself but she had been caught by Kaeun for staring.

“What the are you staring at?!” The Black Angel snapped.

Sakura became a waning puppy and looked away. She was reminded to look for her scrunch that she grabbed a flashlight and searched on the floors. “N-Nothing. I was just looking for my missing item.”

It was a discovery to see Kaeun so agitated about staying in school past curfew hours, all the while she remembered the conversation she heard.

“By the way…” Sakura started as she searched. “…the members were really happy because of you.”

Kaeun had the time to stop again, sparing a glance at Sakura.

“Even if they made comments about your ruling with an iron fist, most of the feeling was of happiness because they were glad to participate with you.”

Silence filled the place. Sakura wondered that she turned around, only to see a sight that caught her off guard.

Kaeun was just silent while ping her jacket and taking it off, showing that she was wearing a sleeveless shirt.

Usually, Kaeun would bat something towards Sakura but tonight, it didn’t happen. Kaeun’s look was an addition and Sakura’s heart was voicing out how beautiful and hot she was through her raging heartbeats.

Sakura felt the heat on her face. Why was she blushing?

“But I think it’s impossible for us to win at the tournament,” Sakura spoke to distract herself. “That’s because the Red Ace from Class B will be a tough opponent to beat.”

Silence again. Sakura’s heart didn’t help again as it beats frantically again. She felt a mix of admiration and nervousness and she didn’t like it. If it were the case that Jurina was with her, it would be a little different.

Sakura realized that she should finish her search and go back to the dorm. But alas. A click was heard from the other side.

That should be the last of it.

“Yah! This can’t be!” Sakura snapped and got to the door. “We’re still in here! Hey!!”

Sakura was ed up. She was locked in a narrow storage room with the Black Angel. With that comes a recipe for disaster and a dire need to get out. She didn’t want to be stuck inside that she knocked on the doors and even plotted a plan to get a hairpin and open the doors but disregarded it for she didn’t have a hair pin.

“Hey.”

Sakura froze and realized that Kaeun was already behind her. She gulped and faced her slowly, preparing to whack her in case she herself gets whacked.

And she was indeed whacked…with a scrunch.

“I bet you were looking for that,” Kaeun mumbled.

“Eh?!” Sakura looked to see her scrunch. “T-This is my…w-where did you…”

“Inside the large basket of balls,” Kaeun spoke.

Sakura didn’t have the courage to say thanks. Due to the sudden events and for a moment, she would’ve thought Kaeun would do something to her using her own scrunch.

But no. Sakura was boo-boo the fool.

“Hey…” Sakura mumbled through gritted teeth as she saw Kaeun slump on a wall. “…why are you so carefree about this? We really need to get out of here quickly.”

“Save your breath.” Kaeun snapped. “Eventually, Jurina will find us.”

“Will she?” Sakura rolled her eyes and got her phone. “You really have it easy, huh?”

You’re unreliable, you stupid giraffe.

No signal and a low battery downed the hopes of the cherry blossom. She admitted defeat and decided to sit on the opposite corner and wait for a silver lining. Her gaze glued at Kaeun, managing to sleep while sitting down. She was impressed, all the while she thought of sleeping as well since she thought they’ll be locked up until morning.

Sakura tried to rest but her eyes were glued open. The gaze on Kaeun was still there as she commented.

“Just a while ago, she felt agitated. But now she’s calm…” Sakura sighed. “This stupid giraffe doesn’t make any sense at all.”

Sakura slumped her chin on her hand and her eyes drooped a little. Even if that was so, her gaze towards Kaeun was still. With every passing second, Sakura noticed some points.

Kaeun looked calm when she was asleep. Sakura noticed her shift her head up, exposing her neck and collarbones. She also noticed that she had a long and fine neck. Her lashes were nicely long and her skin was also fair, fairer compared to Sakura’s own. Sakura became involuntary and inched closer to Kaeun, meeting her level. Even if Kaeun had the image of being a Black Ace, Sakura didn’t see her that way.

Sakura saw her as an angel, hence her second call.

Black Angel

“Thank goodness you’re here and…huh? Sakura-chan?”

Sakura saw Jurina and the maintenance crew. She looked back and saw Kaeun waking up. She thought about their distance that she hastily got up and moved away.

What was I getting close for?!!!

Sakura saw the maintenance crew apologizing as Jurina assures her that it was fine. She was surprised that Kaeun was right, that Jurina will eventually find them.

“You’re late,” Kaeun spoke and stood up.

“Sorry, sorry!” Jurina spoke. “I looked around the school and this was the last place I thought you would be in.”

“Jurina-san…how did you know that…”

Jurina gave a pat on Sakura’s head and knots got tied in the cherry blossom’s stomach again.

“Kaeunnie never intends to break rules. For this one, it’s rare for her to be past the curfew time. Also…” Jurina got something. “…I found her bag in the classroom.”

Kaeun hissed and got the bag. Jurina chuckled and gave her a light punch on the arm. “You fell asleep, huh?”

“No.” Kaeun sighed. “I was busy cleaning. You placed my uniform here, right?”

“Of course. Folded and rolled as you prefer it to be.” Jurina smiled.

Sakura looked at the aces, feeling doubt and shock in one. Their calls and actions of care were very evident, making her wonder if they were exes before.

Sakura shrugged the thought of. There was no way that could happen.

“Cherry blossom,” Kaeun called. “Both of us are out past the curfew time, breaking it. When we return, you and I will write an apology letter immediately.”

“Woah, Kaeunnie-“

“Don’t ‘woah’ me. It’s policy.” Kaeun spat.

“Okay. Okay…” Jurina added as an arm wrapped around Sakura’s shoulder. “But she had it hard today. Can’t you cut her off some slack?”

“No,” Kaeun answered and walked away.

Sakura huffed. Just as Kaeun woke up, she was back to being the stupid giraffe. Nonetheless, Jurina became the gentlewoman and was on Sakura’s side as they caught up to Kaeun. Sakura was fazed that during the walk, she was in between the aces.

She spared a look to Kaeun then at Jurina. With her situation, she realized that her moment tonight with the aces won’t be the last.

+++

The day of the inter-class ball tournament has come. The games of basketball and volleyball were the highlights and many students and outsiders came to watch.

As of this time, a game of volleyball caught the attention of most the audiences. It was a game between Class A and Class D with the last minutes on hold because of an injury.

“This is outrageous!” Miru huffed as she and Sakura helped the member.

It was Takahashi Juri. She was listed in both basketball and volleyball but with her injury, she wouldn’t be able to play for basketball.

“It hurts…” Juri hissed. “…but I need to play later. We’re short on members.”

“I got that under control,” Kaeun mumbled and got to them. “Wang Yiren can patch us up.”

She clicked her tongue of Sakura’s approach towards Juri’s injury that she moved her out of the way and did the procedures.

“Class A, your substitute player.” The referee came. “We need you to send one in two minutes or you’ll forfeit to Class D.”

“You go.” Kaeun looked at Sakura.

“But I didn’t list my name-“

“Wait.” Miru looked at the screen with the player’s names. “Your name’s been switched on Juri’s place.”

“WHAAAAAT?!” Sakura gasped then glared at Kaeun. “Did you do this?!”

“You’re welcome,” Kaeun mumbled as she finished easing Juri’s ankle.

“What the fu-“

“Stop babbling and get in the game,” Kaeun spoke, dark eyes scaring Sakura’s doe-like ones.

Kaeun called Yena and Yunjin to take Juri to a medic and the two rascals obeyed. Miru eased Sakura, telling her to obey Kaeun. Sakura didn’t have a choice but to go and play.

“Go, Sakura-chan!”

Sakura got to the court and looked at the loud cheerer. She looked at Class B’s area and saw Jurina cheering for her. Sakura felt hearts from around her when she was nudged by a classmate.

“Sakura-san.” It was Lee Haeun. “The game will start now.”

Sakura focused and got on her spot. She was still nervous about playing, fearing that she’ll make the team lose. Despite that, she had bits of the basics on her sleeves so she might survive this match. With the settled members of each team, the match began.

Sakura was safe during the match, doing the basics properly and engaging onto the loss-win effect of the game. But as the teams reached 20 points, the game started to fire up.  Each team did their best to get scores up until the teams were tied: 24-24.

“Go for it, Kkura!” Miru cheered for her best friend. “Get that one point!!”

“Do it for the free meal tickets and the recognition!” Wonyoung added.

Sakura gave a little nod as she did a nice serve. She eyes the ball go on each side, the battle tensing within the seconds and the passes. The last one was the breaker, with the ball aiming at Sakura.

“Sakura-san, the ball-“

“Leave it to me!” She spat.

The ball went so low that she had to dive to do her serve…

…but sad for her team because the ball didn’t pass through the net.

“The match is over! The winner is Class D!”

Sakura was dejected. The team’s eyes were mostly on her but Haeun went to help her instead.

“Nice game for us, guys!” The youngest eased the atmosphere and the rest agreed.

“We lost thanks to me,” Sakura mumbled.

“But if you didn’t play, we would’ve lost without fighting,” Haeun said. “We’re so thankful for Kaeun-nim for letting her choose you. You’re good at servicing, Sakura-san.”

The rest of the volleyball team agreed and thanked Sakura before resting. Sakura went back, all the while she saw the basketball team getting ready for the game, was the final event.

“Next match. Class A vs Class B.”

The listed members of each team gathered. For Class A, Kaeun scoped for her First Five.

“Lee Sian, Heo Yunjin, Ahn Yujin, and Shiroma Miru. The rest will be on benchwarmers. Miyawaki Sakura will be an exception for playing the volleyball match.”

The members clapped for Sakura. With her joining and of the volleyball match, their class secured second place. Kaeun gave her last advice and the First Five of each team were called for final instructions.

Sakura was now in between Yena and Wonyoung and they congratulated her for the game. Sakura smiled and thanked them but she returned to emoting. “I’m sorry that we lost.”

“It’s okay. We’re in second place.” Yena said. “And if our team wins the basketball match, we have our turning point and win overall.”

“Class D has veterans in volleyball, especially Miyazaki Miho. She was a mad dog in the court.” Sakura huffed.

“That’s her volleyball reputation, after all,” Wonyoung spoke. “Anyway, let’s cheer for our team!”

Sakura and Yena agreed. The crowd was divided between the classes because of the game and of the attraction from the two aces.

There was still a two-minute break before the real game starts. Kaeun, Miru, Yunjin, Sian, and Yujin faced the opponents: Jurina, Alex, Eunyoung, and the two Yukas, Kato and Asai.

“What a fate for us, Kaeunnie.” Jurina said. “Let’s hope for a fine game towards sportsmanship.”

The other members nodded, even Sian and Yunjin became playful.

“Warm-up for all of you,” Kaeun said to her team.

“Also for you, guys,” Jurina said to her own.

The members got into the court, leaving the aces to glare at each other. Squeals were heard about them but they cared less.

“Kaeuunie.” Jurina spoke. “Let’s battle it out.”

“I’m all ears,” said Kaeun. “Winner takes it all, right?”

“Yes,” Jurina added a smirk. “Want a bet?”

“Fine by me.”

“What should we bet?”

Kaeun was fired up with that question as much as Jurina was. Her eyes glued upon the bench members, stopping towards a member between Wonyoung and Yena.

“Two words. Cherry blossom.”

Jurina got the idea and plastered a cheeky grin. “You’re on.”

The aces got to their places and all cheers and eyes were on them. Kaeun had the advantage of doing the first serve for their team, starting the match. The crowd grew wild with the game, bench members and basketball enthusiasts yelling their support and admirers of the aces squealing for their bets. Sakura had the observation and was shocked that the students had energy on this game compared to the previous ones.

She didn’t have to question further. Surely, the aces were the cause.

Class B had the advantage of three points for the first quarter. The teams returned but Miru was helped by Yujin and Kaeun because of a sprain.

“Yena, you’re in. Yujin, let Yiren substitute you.” Kaeun added.

They obeyed. Sakura remembered the plan Kaeun devised on the volleyball match that she wanted to talk to her about it. But Kaeun was already back to playing, with Yiren and Yena following her.

She sighed and got her attention towards Miru. “You okay?”

“Yeah. It’s annoying painful…” Miru spoke then looked at the game. “…but I’m happy.”

Sakura would’ve thought that Miru was happy because of playing. But with her dreamy expression and of her look towards Kaeun, she thought there was another meaning to it.

it, she thought. She had to watch the game.

“Woah!!” Yujin had the loudest reaction. “This is amazing. We’re neck to neck with Class B!”

In the game, Jurina cursed in her head. She led her team to defense, dribbling the ball and passing through Kaeun’s members, doing a shot that landed gracefully.

“Matsui for three!!”

Class A sighed, even Yujin and Wonyoung reacted of Class B’s comeback. Sakura would’ve joined the remorse when she heard two admirers behind her, talking about how nice Jurina did that shot and of their little fantasies about her.

Shut it, es… Sakura thought.

She also heard them about Jurina’s alleged standards for a girlfriend. She was reminded of herself as the alleged one. She understood that Jurina would have standards. She’s the Red Ace after all.

“It’s Class B’s win for sure.” They continued to discuss. “The only skillful player in Class A is the Black Ace Lee Kaeun. Isn’t she hot?”

“Hey! You don’t have to say it that way!” Sakura snapped.

Yujin and Wonyoung also heard them and the giants buzzed them off. Sakura got back to the game, all the while she thought of her rant.

Was it because of the aces?

+++

“Sorry, Kaeun-nim…” Yena panted as she shivered. “They’ve outrun me again…”

“We still have the last quarter to catch up.” Kaeun hands her the ball. “Stick to your opponent more.”

Yena nodded and the last quarter started. The entire game that would last for an hour felt like half of it. The game was already in its last quarter and the teams were neck and neck, with Kaeun dribbling the ball after getting the pass from Yunjin.

“We have the aces neck on neck, everybody!!”

Kaeun still had the ball in hand and had to get past Jurina. She would’ve made her throw due to her height advantage but knowing Jurina, she was an opponent of her level and cannot be beaten with just an advantage.

“How unusual of you, Kaeunnie…” Jurina panted and kept a close watch. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen you this desperate.”

“Speak for yourself.” Kaeun hissed. “You obsess the principles of losing and winning as much as I do.”

Minutes were left in the game, even Sakura’s yell of the exact remaining time reminded the aces of their game. Jurina didn’t waste time to intercept but Kaeun was always alert to block her. Despite that, Jurina got the ball in her hands. Kaeun cursed but blocked her once more. Jurina would fight back and Kaeun did as such without getting any fouls.

“Hey, Kaeunnie…”

“What?”

Jurina gave her a stare and snickered. “I wonder if something happened. Something happened between you and Sakura-chan inside the storage room, right?”

Kaeun was taken aback but she had a game to think about. “Nothing special…”

“It pisses me off.” Jurina spat.

Kaeun was confused and Jurina used it as an advantage, getting inside her defenses and preparing for the shot that will gain Class B their win. Everyone was at a stand-still, watching the ball aiming towards the hoop.

“No, no, no!” Yujin reacted. “If they score, we’re done for!”

Just then, a duck was high up and blocked the ball with her hand. The ball bounced towards her face, earning a nose bleed. But luckily, it missed the shot.

“Yena!!!” Kaeun ran to the opponent’s side. “Get the ball and sprint over!!”

Yena landed with a thud but with Kaeun’s words, she got back in the game. She dribbled and made a pass. The other members received and passed off of Jurina’s defenses and lastly passed the ball to Kaeun. With Jurina behind her and a weak defense up front, Kaeun had the chance.

She sprinted past the opponents and did an iconic dunk like in the NBA.

“The match is over!!” The announcer roared. “92-91. The winner is Class A!!”

The crowd supporting the winner went loud while the other was amazed at Kaeun’s skill. Admirers were in between supporting their aces but with the win, the Black Ace gained more fans.

“We won!” Yena cried despite looking like a jacked-up duck. “We won, Kaeun-nim!!”

Kaeun was sweaty yet calm while her teammates rejoiced. The bench members joined them and were mostly congratulating Kaeun.

“Nice game. Back to the bench for rest.” Kaeun snapped with her cold expression.

They obeyed and went back quickly. Kaeun looked back at the court and Jurina was sitting down, panting. Kaeun drew near her and Jurina looked up. “I never imagine you could intercept my pass.”

“I had an advantage,” Kaeun spoke. “But you’re one tough dog.”

“You’re the tough one.” Jurina sighed. “You’re tough to beat after all…”

Jurina looked down with a sense of defeat but wondered as Kaeun reached a hand to her. Jurina accepted the help and she was up on her own feet again.

“But I won’t back off of Sakura-chan.” Jurina spat. “Do know that we’re dating.”

Kaeun had the dark expression and spat. “You were the one who suggested this bet. I would’ve assured that you stuck to your word.”

“Sorry. I can’t back off after all.” Jurina spoke.

Kaeun and Jurina had an intense staring contest again. Kaeun gave her eye-smiles just to break it, adding. “The White Demon’s emerging.”

“What makes you say that?” Jurina raised an eyebrow.

“Your expression’s pretty dark.”

Jurina gave a little laugh and glared at Kaeun again. “I don’t want to hear that from you.”

The aces had a laugh towards each other, not knowing that the remaining members in Class A’s basketball team had their eyes on them, mostly Sakura and Miru since the rest were busy celebrating their win.

“Isn’t their friendship wonderful?” Miru asked. “Who would’ve thought the Black Ace really did live up to her second name, Black Angel?”

Sakura had a thought as she looked at her best friend, batting a sudden question. “Mirurun…do you like Kaeun-nim?”

Miru reacted. Sakura would’ve avoided it but had many witnesses. Miru was carried by Kaeun when she got an injury. Miru’s voice went a little dreamy when she mentioned Kaeun. And the final sign was that when Class A scored, Miru cheered loudly, especially towards Kaeun.

Miru was in denial but Sakura became a playful cat, finally getting the bit out. “Maybe a little…”

Yena proposed a party outside and most of the members agreed. They decided to go and change and get ready for it. While going, Sakura asked Miru again. “Since when?”

“Don’t let anyone find out.” Miru warned before speaking. “Since the dry-run.”

“That quick?” Sakura gasped again.

Miru nodded. “Our little duel during the dry-run was a start. Her act when I was injured sparked that interest. It’s a first. I didn’t even know it was possible.”

“I see…” Sakura nodded.

“Never in my life have I felt such a feeling. Kaeun-san was a first.” Miru added. “Dumb, right?”

“Well, it’s not like that…”

“I never got in Kaeun-san’s peripherals by even a millimeter.” Miru chuckled. “It’s an achievement, really.”

Sakura never thought of that way before. With Miru’s confession, why did she feel hurt instead of support?

“I’ll cheer you on, Mirurun.”

No. That’s not what your heart wants.

“Thanks, Kkura.” Miru added and remembered something. “About those days before, were you about to talk to me about you and Jurina-san?”

Sakura remembered about the white shirt. It was still hanging on her closet after she wore it and after it was rejected by its owner. A moment of getting such inspirational words from the shirt’s owner added to the memories.

Shape up, you idiotic cherry blossom.

“Yes?” Sakura spoke.

“Did she confess to you?” Miru asked.

“Yeah, but-“

“So she did! That’s really great!” Miru cheered.

Sakura nodded lightly and saw the aces up ahead, with Jurina playing around with Kaeun. With the view, she had a thought.

Her life was added of the presence of the aces. Her heart was even played because of the two aces. Miru confessed that she had a little feeling towards Kaeun. She was in mishaps with Kaeun herself. Jurina confessed that she liked her. And now, she was even more torn between the two.

Sure, she was dubbed as the Red Ace’s girlfriend but she was also subservient to the Black Ace. Will she support her best friend or still continue to let her life be in between the aces?

+++

As proposed by Yena, Class A had a party outside campus, inside a karaoke hub. The class was divided between the party goers and the chill drinkers. Despite the bleeding nose, Yena had the energy of being the leader of the party goers.

“A toast to our victory!” Yena clunked her glass with her classmates’ glasses. “Kudos to Class A for being the overall champion. Salute!”

“Salute!” Everyone replied and drank again.

Their leisure was resumed. For Sakura, she was talking with Miru, Wonyoung, and Yuri.

“Nice job to both of you.” Yuri gave Sakura and Miru a pat.

“What about me?” Wonyoung batted. “I played for the second quarter if you must know.”

“Just messing with you, giant baby.” Yuri nudged her too.

“Nice job on the volleyball game, Kkura.” Miru commented.

“Thanks…but we lost, remember?” Sakura sighed and drank.

In another part, the ace of their class sat alone, drinking beverages offered to her by her teammates. Just then, admirers within their class went towards her. Sakura had a look and boy, did her innermost conscience became jealous?

“Ka-Kaeun-nim…” One spoke. “…c-can we s-sit next to you?”

“Huh?” Kaeun looked up with her usual glare.

To Kaeun, it was not giving a . To the admirers, it was a mission fail that they had to return to their original seats. For Sakura’s innermost conscience, it was a relief.

Wait, what?

“Oi…” Kaeun got up and nudged Sakura. “…we’re going home.”

“What? Why am I included? Why don’t you go first?” Sakura batted.

“You’ll pass the curfew time…” Kaeun squinted. “…or are you intending to break such a rule again?”

Sakura was damned but Kaeun had a point. Not only them but Yena, Yunjin, Wonyoung, and Yuri would be required to leave. As much as there are rules to follow, such a joyous moment cannot be disrupted because of it.

“Okay!” Yunjin’s voice rung around. “Let’s hear a word from our MVP, Lee Kaeun!”

Everyone applauded but Kaeun was silent. Yena added to stop the silence. “Or do you prefer a song, Kaeun-nim?”

“Aish-you made her mad again!” Sian joined them. “Just hand the mic to Yuri. She can sing.”

Yena and Yunjin reacted, all because they forced Kaeun to join them. Just as a ruckus was about to begin, someone knocked. Kaeun went to open the door and was greeted by someone. “Stupid dog.”

“Ah! As expected, Class A’s also here for their party.”

“It’s the Red Ace!!” The admirers squealed and one of them pulled her over. “Please come in, Red Ace!”

“Thank you.” Jurina smiled at her and she squealed joining with her group of fellow admirers. “Hey, Sakura-chan~”

“Jurina-san!” Sakura reacted as she got a pat from her.

 “What brings you here, Jurina?” Kaeun asked.

“Class B’s here for a loser party,” Jurina answered. “It’s was pretty rowdy on our side so I got Alex and Eunyoung to join me in coming here.”

“We wanted the reward but Jurina-san and Alex-nim had to pay.” Eunyoung sighed. “Can we join in?”

“Tell that to Yena. She’s in charge of the party.” Kaeun mumbled.

“Jurina-san!” Yena waved and Jurina waved back. “You guys can join us!”

Alex and Eunyoung cheered and blended in. Decent students of Class B joined in as Jurina called them. The population was a little crowded but the space of the hub was still enough. The party was twice as fun and admirers were having a jackpot since they get to see the aces.

Sakura wowed of the party but Kaeun held her arm and they would’ve left until Jurina got to door and blocked their way.

“What is this?” Jurina raised. “Going back already?”

“Jurina-san, the curfew…” Sakura reasoned.

“No need to worry,” Jurina spoke. “I informed Sayaka-san that we’re going to have a special cross-class event. I’ve extended the curfew time for two more hours.”

“How will you do that?” Kaeun raised back. “I’m the dorm leader.”

“I’m a dorm head like you, Kaeunnie.” Jurina added. “Also, I put the permission under your name. Sayaka-san was willing to restrict the curfew law for this day because of you.”

“You stupid dog…” Kaeun hissed.

“Come on, Kaeunnie. Let’s have fun.” Jurina pushed her back. “Karaoke’s fun.”

“Nonsense.” Kaeun intercepted her. “I’m going back.”

Kaeun went. The admirers were a little down to see her go but with Jurina around, they regained their energy. The party still resumed. Most of the admirers were swooning to Jurina, wanting to take a picture of her and wanting to ask her number and e-mails. Jurina was nice but only for fanservice. Because to her, she only wanted to be at the party for one special girl.

For Sakura.

“Sakura-chan,” Jurina called. “Want to take a picture of me?”

Sakura would’ve loved it. This was a golden opportunity to have memorabilia with the Red Ace, from a picture with her to her contacts. She grabbed her phone but her attention went to the door.

“Sakura-chan?”

Sakura was back to reality as Jurina got closer to her, a hand on her waist. “Is something wrong?”

“Uhh…I feel restless seeing the Black Ace go back home while we’re here having fun.”

“That’s her nature, Sakura-chan. It’s best if you let her be…” Jurina spoke. “Come. I’ll take a picture of us.”

Somehow, something inside Sakura made herself let go off of Jurina’s hold. “I won’t be very long. I’ll get Kaeun-nim to join us.”

Jurina watched Sakura go, leaving her dejected. Sakura felt bad for doing that to Jurina but something wasn’t right. Kaeun might act all mighty and righteous but she deserves to have fun too.

Sakura meant that…but another also meant that she wanted to be somewhere where Kaeun would be with her too.