Tail-Wagging on the Wrong Ace

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

Sakura’s steps became very idle. She was out of the karaoke hub and went around the large city looking for Kaeun. It didn’t make sense that she felt bad towards Kaeun but with the victory party and with her as a main contributor towards the class’ victory, Sakura thought Kaeun deserved to have fun with them.

Sakura sighed as she stopped. Kaeun was nowhere to be seen but she didn’t give up and continued to look for her. She followed a direct and familiar path that would lead her back to the dormitory when she bumped onto a group of women.

“Ah…I’m sorry.”

“That hurts, kid.” The leader hissed. “You could’ve broken my arm.”

Sakura saw the women of five. They were in the college years and judging from the baggy shirts, the cigarettes that kissed their filthy mouths, and the weapons within their grasps, they were notorious gang members.

“Isn’t that a PD48 school uniform?” The right-hand spat. “You look chic and grown up for a high school student.”

“Hey, hey!” The leader clutched onto Sakura’s arms. “Do you think you could just ignore us like that? For the record, I’m the injured one here.”

“Yah! Let go of me!!” Sakura struggled onto the hold.

It became bad as they got to an alleyway. The leader pinned Sakura hard on the wall, causing pain to the cherry blossom. The leader and the right-hand were on her sides as the members readied their weapons on the back.

“How about we play a little game?” The leader cackled.

“Play?! I said let go!!” Sakura struggled again. “Don’t you dare ing touch me!!”

“Don’t hide it, kid. You know you come to play also. You don’t to be so innocent,” said the right-hand.

“You know what, call me gay but I love a spirited high school girl.” The leader smirked and inched closer. “Despite being a tough cookie, they’re known to be cry after they feel pleasurable…” She held Sakura’s wrists and pinned them. “…and that’s what I love the most.”

Sakura gulped and continued to struggle. Seeing the scary approaches and faces made her teary. She was confused and ed up, finding it impossible for anyone to do this to her. She was really scared and she wanted to cry for help.

Who could save her when no one was around?

“Yah.” A hand stopped the leader from assaulting Sakura even further. “The only one who is allowed to make her cry is me.”

“K-Kaeun-san…” Sakura uttered as her tears finally dropped.

Kaeun didn’t say a word and twisted the leader’s arm slowly. Sakura would’ve shocked with the strength but it was her presence that she questions.

“Kaeun-san, why are you-“

“Kaeun-san?!” The right-hand gasped, backing away with the rest of their members. “D-Don’t tell you’re…”

“..the one who annihilated the former members of our gang alone?! That Black Angel?!!” A member uttered.

“What?” Kaeun glared at them. “Should I give a piece of myself for you to find out?”

The five women cowered and ran while yelling their apologies. Sakura was damned, yelling at them to come back and face her after what they did to her.

“Hey! What are you two doing there?” A policewoman came after finding the source of such racket. “Aren’t you two high school students?”

Kaeun looked around and saw the bits of cigarette butts and a bat. And with a raging Sakura on the back, the policewoman had another idea and thought of them as delinquents.

“This is a pain the ing …” Kaeun muttered and looked away.

“Let me get clear with this! I didn’t come here to play or anything!” Sakura kept yelling onto space where the gang had run away.

Kaeun saw the policewoman drawing near that she had to do something. She got to Sakura and carried her like a sack of rice.

“Yah! What are you-“

“Could you shut the up?!” Kaeun spat and ran off.

The policewoman yelled at the to wait but Kaeun was quick to escape the situation with Sakura draped onto her shoulder. They were back in the open and Kaeun walked. The people’s gazes were on them, some flustered while others added mutters. Because in retrospect, who in the normal mind would carry around a girl onto her shoulders like a sack of rice?

“Hey! Let go of me!!” Sakura ranted as if Kaeun was carrying a large and raging puppy. “E-Everyone can see my p-...so let me down!”

“Shut your mouth.” Kaeun spat again. “Stop rampaging around or else I’ll drop you.”

Kaeun held Sakura tighter. The sudden contact made Sakura’s heart pound and she questions herself to why her heart pounded when she was close to the Black Angel. She also added to why she was getting into mishaps every time she was with the Black Angel.

The questions were tossed aside as she and Kaeun arrived at a crossing. Kaeun placed Sakura down like putting a suitcase down out of frustration. Sakura winced of the pain and huffed. “That hurt. Couldn’t you be more gentler?”

“You caused trouble back there.” Kaeun hissed. “I had been distracted to check the sudden noise thanks to you. No .”

Kaeun huffed and walked ahead. Sakura got her own up as she watched Kaeun walk away. She was torn. She wondered if Kaeun came to her rescue or not.

“Kaeun-san.”

“What?” She looked back.

“Can’t you consider going back to the party?”

Kaeun looked back. “I’ll just go by the bus stop and commute back to the dorm.” She walked away. “Just go back to your stupid party.”

Sakura sighed and didn’t want to let this slip. She disobeyed Kaeun and followed her.

“Hey! You have to come with me!” Sakura spat as was in Kaeun’s tail. “Everyone’s waiting for you. It wouldn’t hurt to spend time with them, you know?”

Kaeun turned a blind eye and a deaf ear as she continued to walk. Sakura didn’t give up and continued to chase her.

“Hey!” Sakura spat. “Don’t you feel lonely all by yourself?”

Kaeun stopped walking. Sakura panted at her tail from all the chasing, all while her thoughts raced.

She couldn’t believe of what she said to her. She even wondered to what she had said to her. But to her, seeing Kaeun walk away from a wonderful time was pitiful and sad.

Kaeun was just a human like Sakura and like everyone else. Surely, she needed fun once in a while.

“Hey, cherry blossom.” Kaeun called her back to reality. “It’s supposed to be, ‘Please come back with me.’, right?”

“What?! Why do I have to say it?!” Sakura snapped again.

Kaeun trotted closer to Sakura. Sakura felt herself cower that she tripped herself. She winced and looked away when Kaeun grabbed her chin. Sakura gulped and faced Kaeun again.

“Have you forgotten your words?” Kaeun started. “Didn’t you say that if I win, you’d do anything I say?”

“Kaeun-san…”

“Say it.” Kaeun glared at her.

Kaeun clutched Sakura’s chin harder. Sakura felt her heart pound while her mind thought to get this over with.

“Please…c-come back…w-with me…”

Kaeun plastered her eye-smiles. Sakura gulped of seeing them up close.

+++

“Yay! Kaeun-nim’s returned!” Yena cheered.

Admirers squealed and classmates applauded. Sian and Yunjin escorted Kaeun and spared her a seat next to them.

“Yena, you’ve been into karaoke for an hour now.” Yujin sighed.

“One more song.” Yena spoke. “I dedicate this one to Kaeun-nim.”

“Glad you made it again, Kkura.” Miru smiled. “You even got Kaeun-nim to return.”

Sakura smiled then reverted to angry mode as she made a call. “I’d like to have an extra drink, please?”

Sakura slammed the phone back and waited by the door. She was relieved that everyone was having a great time. She was also relieved that Kaeun stayed for she was now seated with Sian and Yunjin. She was receiving compliments, even Yiren offered her a drink.

A delivery came in and Sakura got the drink.

“Sakura-chan.” A voice called and Sakura almost dropped the drink.

“Jurina-san…” Sakura huffed.

Jurina managed to hold her glass and Sakura sighed in relief.

“I’m glad you managed to get Kaeunnie’s back in here.”

“I try, Jurina-san.” Sakura chuckled and held her hand. “Shall we sit down?”

Jurina was obliged although it had a pro and a con. Sakura sitting next to her was a pro. Kaeun sitting on Sakura’s left was a con.

“Here’s your drink, Kaeun-san.” Sakura handed it over with a smug grin. “Oops. I completely forgot that you can’t drink carbonated drinks. My bad, my bad.”

Kaeun was silent. Admirers questioned if it was true, adding a remark that it was the cutest thing they’ve heard about Kaeun. Sakura thought of it as payback while Jurina was in the boundary of fun and jealousy.

“It seems you still don’t understand the position that you’re in.” Kaeun mumbled, accepting the drink nonetheless.

Sakura wondered when Kaeun inched closer to whisper. “Shall I order something humiliating? Right here and right now?”

Sakura almost spits her drink when Jurina wiped for her. Sakura gulped and coughed as Jurina eased her back.

“You okay, Sakura-chan?”

“Yes. I’m okay…”

“The karaoke has mellowed down into a dance craze. Let’s join them.” Jurina spoke, pulling Sakura up.

Some admirers were jealous yet they were a bit calm since they have the Black Ace to themselves. Kaeun handed the drink to the admirers and they became like wild animals trying to have it. Kaeun was relieved of her space and her gaze stopped at Jurina dancing with Sakura.

For Jurina’s case, she smiled at her moment with Sakura but gave a devious smirk to Kaeun. Realizing the works, she was like a mastermind finding a weakness on the strong opponent.

“Miyawaki Sakura…” Jurina mumbled. “…you are one interesting girl.”

“Eh?!” Sakura asked her for the noise was louder than their voices.

“Nothing!” was all Jurina could say.

+++

Another point in time has passed within their lives. After the inter-class ball tournament and the victory party, it was back to reality in school. The students were racing towards the bulletin boards to see the test results. Their exams were done before the tournament and today was the revelation of either their success or failure.

Everyone had their reactions and Sakura was the most shocked. The ones in the Top 2 were the aces. The first of the two was the Black Ace herself.

“The Black and Red Aces on the Top 2? Waah…” Yuri reacted. “They’re so cool. Are they like, geniuses or something?”

“That stupid giraffe in first place?! You have got to be kidding me…” Sakura hissed.

“Well, this is a pretty awesome achievement, considering that our school’s just an average prep school.” Miru shared. “And for the students who ranked below 100th, they have to take a remedial exam. It’s pretty harsh for its standards, don’t you think?”

“Yeah. Count us for that.” Yena sighed with Wonyoung and Yujin.

Sakura was in the same predicament, feeling rage by just looking at her card. She was really nifty with all her theory-based subjects but the rest were failing grades. Her rank was even more dreadful.

“This isn’t good for us.” Yuri sighed. “For a moment, I thought being able to hold onto middle school was fine. I thought I’d be able to hold on in high school too.”

“Lucky for Miru. She barely made it.” Wonyoung spoke.

“What’s so lucky of being in 101st place?” Miru sighed.

“Either way, I’m just going to shrug this off.” Yujin rested on her seat.

“Such words from the last placer herself.” Yunjin added, taking Yujin off guard.

“110th placer.” A voice called. “It seems you’re as stupid as you look.”

Sakura looked to see Kaeun. She felt her face heat up as she was insulted with Kaeun’s words.

“Wha…it’s just this time…I was busy with the event and other stuff…that’s why…” Sakura rambled her excuses until it dawned to her. “Aish! You shouldn’t look down on other’s marks in the first place!”

“Remember your promise.” Kaeun spoke.

How could Sakura forget about Kaeun’s win and that she, herself, has to do everything the Black Ace tells her?

Sakura was left into despair just thinking about the possibilities, especially the despair of taking the remedial exams.

“Having problems with the remedial? How about I tutor you?”

“Huh? J-Jurina-san?” Sakura gulped as she saw the Red Ace. “Y-You really mean that?”

“What are you doing here, you dumb dog?” Kaeun disrupted them. “This isn’t your classroom.”

“Can’t I congratulate my best friend? Also, you forgot your textbook so I brought it to give it to you.” Jurina waltzed her way inside. “I lost this time…”

“Thanks.” Kaeun mumbled. “If only you didn’t slack off.”

“Jurina-san.” Sakura called and got her attention. “Will it be really okay with you?”

“Well, the remedial isn’t too far away…” Jurina added. “If you’re fine with someone like me, then I’d be willing to become your tutor.”

Sakura’s inner conscience was somersaulting. This was her chance to have quality time with her alleged girlfriend…with Jurina.

But alas. The same three dips who caused Sakura distress heard everything. They got inside and asked Jurina to tutor them too.

“I see that we got plenty.” Jurina chuckled. “Okay. Let’s hold a tutoring session in the dorms.”

“Sounds fun. Let me join the party.” Wonyoung raised.

“Aish, it’s not a party…” Miru sighed then added. “…but I at English so…may I join too?”

“Sure. The more the merrier.” Jurina nodded.

Sakura’s inner conscience turned sad again. She thought that it was going to be her and Jurina. What to do, what to do…

If only everyone just disappeared…

“Kaeun-nim.” Yena joined in. “Could you tutor me too?”

“Huh?” Kaeun raised an eyebrow.

“Well, you see…” Yena added as she clutched onto her hand. “…the truth is, my grades are second to the last. If I don’t pass this remedial, then it’ll be over for me…”

“Same with me, Kaeun-nim.” Yujin added. “I’m in last place and I need to pass this remedial. You’re a top student, right? Please help us!”

Kaeun watched as Yena and Yujin groveled at her feet. Sian, Yunjin, Yuri, and Yiren were also eager to be tutored as they joined the two dorks.

Kaeun clicked her tongue and sighed. “Just for that session.”

“Nice, Yena-chan.” Ikumi mumbled. “Now the aces are in one setting…”

“So it’s settled.” Jurina clapped. “We’ll do the session tomorrow at 9 AM.”

Everyone cheered. Sakura would’ve joined in but she focused on Kaeun. It was a surprise. She never thought Kaeun was willing to tutor.

It was nice all in all. Sakura just hoped that it will go on peacefully.

+++

The day has arrived. Sakura had gone outside to pick up Miru and Yiren since they were outsiders. It didn’t take very long for Sakura to get back to the dorm with the two behind her.

“Pardon for my second intrusion here.” Miru said as she got in. “Where’s Akimoto-san, Kkura.”

“She went to the province to visit her family. The dorm’s now in the hands of the aces since they’re the dorm heads.” Sakura answered.

“What a cool and clean place…” Yiren spoke as she quickly waltzed in.

“Hold it. Shoes. Off.” Kaeun came into view. “Don’t just waltz in without proper permission.”

“Mind Yiren, Kaeun-san. It’s her first time here.” Sakura added as she backed Yiren away.

“As part of policy, outsiders shall log in the green book. Same applies to dormers in the blue book.” Kaeun added.

“Right.” The three girls spoke.

“Miru-chan, Yiren-chan, mind if you sign here?” Jurina arrived with the green book.

“Kaeun-san.” Sakura spoke. “Would you mind not scaring the two like that, especially Yiren?”

“Shut it. Just log in the blue book again.” Kaeun hissed. “That’ll be the last time I hear you talk back to me.”

Sakura became a raging puppy, telling Kaeun that she was a jerk. Jurina calmed the atmosphere and escorted the three girls to the lounge. Jurina saved a seat for Sakura while Miru and Yiren sat between Wonyoung and Yujin.

Jurina had another look. Judging from the list she made, the following were the ones she needed to tutor: Alex, Eunyoung, Miru, Yiren, Sian, Wonyoung, Yena, Yujin, Yunjin, and Sakura. There was also a late addition of Ikumi, Damin, and Asai Yuka.

“Hey. They aren’t-“

“Let’s just include them, Kaeunnie.” Jurina whispered. “They’ll be in my care. Don’t worry.”

Kaeun huffed and lets Jurina continue the little orientation.

“To Miru and Yiren, welcome to the dorm. Now then…” Jurina began. “I will be tutoring objective concepts like in science and math while Kaeunnie will teach subjective concepts like history and languages.”

“We hope we had made it clear.” Kaeun added. “Shall we begin?”

Everyone nodded and each member discussed about the subjects they found difficult, making the divisions easier. Miru, Sian, Yiren, Yena, Yujin, and Wonyoung were with Kaeun. Alex, Eunyoung, Sian, Ikumi, Damin, the two Yukas, and Sakura were with Jurina.

Both aces disseminated in teaching their fellow students but they have different teachings. Jurina had a vibrant environment of formulas and theories while Kaeun had a eerie environment of cultures and stories.

Jurina was tackling Math this time. She was in between Sakura and Yuri, teaching a formula on the Pythagorean theorem. Sakura was the determined one to learn. With the addition of exercises, she managed to understand.

“That’s right.” Jurina applauded. “You’re a fast learner, Sakura-chan. Good job.”

Jurina patted Sakura’s head and smiled at her. Sakura felt a pound on her chest and the flush rising on her cheeks. The three dips were jealous of her, with Ikumi voicing out that she wanted one too.

“Only if you do your exercises correctly.” Jurina spoke.

Sakura spared a look at Jurina. She betted that the person who would become her partner, would be really happy of her kindness.

She forgot. She was the alleged girlfriend.

But there was still a thought of Kaeun’s session with the others. Was she teaching them for real?

It was broad daylight when Anne awoke and sat up in bed, staring confusedly at the window…

Everyone was still. Admirers ogled towards Kaeun’s voice, with the rest feeling calm as if she was singing them to sleep, even Jurina . Sakura had all feelings in one. Kaeun’s pronunciation was good and the voice quality was like of soft wind blowing from the trees.

…through which a flood of cherry sunshine was pouring. And outside of which, something white and feathery waved across the blue sky.

“That’s amazing!” Sian gasped. “Kaeun-nim, what’s up with that superb pronunciation?”

“Did you live in America before, Kaeun-san?” Miru asked as she clapped. “I’m impressed. Just like a native speaker.”

“Hush.” Kaeun batted. “You guys said you guys were bad at listening, so I read it for you. If you aren’t taking this studying seriously, I’ll go back to my room-“

“Sorry, Kaeun-san!!” All of her underlings bowed.

“I’ll try my best to study so could you please read it one more time?” Yena added.

“Please do, Kaeun-san.” Miru nodded.

“Oh, my…Spartan-ish training again…” Jurina sighed.

Sakura wondered what Kaeun was like as a real person. For Kaeun, she sighed and read again, continuing the session. All of them resumed and focused on studying until it was almost three in the afternoon. The dips were alternating lessons, finally joining the others in Kaeun’s lessons.

“Kaeun-san, did I do well?” Ikumi asked.

“Good.” Kaeun checked and remarked.

Ikumi said her thanks. Sakura took notice that Kaeun was suddenly willing to teach, especially towards the dips. Such approach made her pissed.

She got up, almost slamming the table and shocking everyone.

“Eh? What’s wrong, Sakura-san?” Alex asked.

“You guys hungry?” Sakura asked, facing them. “I’m going out to buy some snacks.”

“Nice! Chocolate ice cream for me, please?” Damin raised.

“I want cheesecake.” Yuri added.

“You guys better pay me later.” Sakura huffed.

“Want me to go with you, Sakura-chan?” Jurina insisted, ignoring Eunyoung’s call for help.

“I’ll help.” Yena raised.

Sakura would’ve said something when she saw Miru and Kaeun learning together. She felt a little clench on her chest that she ran to pull Yena. “It’s fine, Jurina-san. Yena-chan and I will go.”

+++

Sakura and Yena made the errand. Sakura was even shocked that Yena took care of everything, including the orders Damin and Yuri asked.

“Ah…you shouldn’t have paid for everything, Yena-chan.” Sakura sighed. “I’ll tell them to pay you once we get back.”

“Don’t fret, Sakura-chan. Consider it as my treat and my gratitude towards you.” Yena said.

“Eh? Why?”

“Remember when Kaeun-nim almost choked me because I went in the dorms wearing messy shoes?”

“Right.” Sakura added. “Kaeun-san mopped the floors and you waltzed in like a messy duck. She even clutched onto you like making peking duck.”

“Yet you came to the rescue. I was shocked you had the courage to talk to her.” Yena reacted while grabbing a taffy bar.

“That’s because I had instinct. She went too far.”

“Certainly, Kaeun-nim was scary back then…” Yena huffed. “…but once you get to know her, she’s a really nice person.”

“I guess you’re right.”

“Do know that it started when you came in the dorms. So, in conclusion…” Yena looked at her with a smug grin. “…it’s all thanks to you.”

Sakura never thought of it that way. Was it really true that Kaeun changed that way thanks to her?

She didn’t have time to think as droplets suddenly showered from the heavens. They came in many within minutes, leaving her and Yena drenched.

“Aish, it’s pouring heavily…” Yena cursed. “Come on, Sakura-chan. We should head back.”

Sakura nodded and followed the big ducky, running back to their dorm like wet chicks.

+++

“Someone got wet…” Sian mumbled.

Sakura and Yena returned and got the snacks sprawled on the table. The rest were eager enough to grab some favorites. Lightning and thunder crash, making everyone more aware of the weather.

“I guess I’ll head home when the light showers return.” Miru spoke.

“Same….” Yiren added and looked at the window. “Goodness, I hate lightning…”

“Are you guys sure? I could get some umbrellas for you,” said Sakura.

“No need.” Jurina said. “You two can stay with us until the rain stops. Besides, Kaeunnie’s off to make dinner for all of us.”

“Whatever.” Kaeun mumbled and went to the kitchen.

“We’ll help you, Boss.” Yunjin went with Yena and Yujin.

“We’ll that be fine, Jurina-san?” Miru asked.

“I insist. And I’m sure Kaeunnie won’t mind.” Jurina assured her. “Let’s have a break. We’ll resume after dinner.”

Everyone loved the idea. Jurina looked at a drenched Sakura and went to get towels. She gave one to Sakura like a gentleman and placed the other on the couch where Yena sat.

“There.” Jurina helped Sakura by wiping her skin and her hair. “That way, you won’t get cold.”

“Thank you.” Sakura replied. “But we can shower after dinner, right?”

“You’re right. But still…” Jurina said to her. “…I want to dry you up.”

“Yah.” Kaeun went back with the three dorks on her tail. “Dinner’s ready. Self-service only.”

“You heard the dorm leader, everyone.” Jurina said, gathering their tutored batchmates. “And as vice-dorm leader, let’s go and dig in!”

“Orderly manner, please…” Kaeun spat, rubbing her temples.

Everyone obeyed the aces and got to the canteen.

+++

Time went by again and so did the lessons. They also took showers after dinner and changed to their casual clothes.  However, most of the tutored batchmates didn’t last long. Yiren had to go home early while the rest who were dormers became too lazy to continue, especially the three dips Sakura despised. Then again, Yujin and Yena were still eager to get tutored with the aces. Miru was also eager despite being an outsider.

“Will it be okay to stay this late, Miru-chan?” Yujin asked.

“Don’t worry. I asked permission.”

All of them were finally in one table. Instead of the hectic lessons and exercises, it was down to reviewing. Sakura and Yujin were still learning Math with Jurina while Miru and Yena were doing reading comprehensions with Kaeun.

“You tired, Kaeun-nim?” Yena asked.

“No.” Kaeun spoke. “Let’s resume.”

Sakura observed that Kaeun had gone calm. She was reminded of what Yena said about her, making her curious to see if it was actually true, that Kaeun was indeed a soul of white beneath the body of black.

“What?” Kaeun asked, noticing that Sakura had been staring.

“N-Nothing…” Sakura mumbled and hid her face with a book.

She felt weird. There was no way she would’ve felt conscious around Kaeun. But then, she questions why.

“Is there anything you didn’t get?” Jurina asked, getting her attention.

“No, Jurina-san. You’re good at teaching me so I have no problem,” said Sakura.

“How am I doing, Kaeun-nim?” Yena asked her, showing her written work.

Kaeun got Miru’s and hers, checking them in less than a minute. “Good. You two finally memorized it.”

Miru spared a bow while Yena thanked Kaeun many times. It had to be disrupted by another set of thunder and lightning as Sakura looked at the window. Miru and Yena followed her.

“It’s raining hard.” Sakura looked some more.

“Ridiculously hard,” said Yena.

“Such timing too. My phone’s screen just twitched.” Yujin said while playing her game.

“Maybe we should resume while I pour us some tea…” Sakura added and went back to her seat.

“Ah, it’s so close.” Miru commented.

“Maybe it’ll strike us.” Yena added, cowering.

“It will.” Jurina added while doing a laugh.

“Jurina-san! Stop saying stuff like that!” Yena whined. “I don’t like it-“

The lightning and thunder came again, giving frights to some of them. Yena had it the most, looking like a lost duckling trying to find the mother duck.

“I had enough of it, to be honest…” Yujin sighed. “It’s a bit scary.”

Sakura was just as scared but it was distracted with the last exercise she had. As she finished, she asked Jurina to check on it. “Jurina-san, about the problem…”

“You actually did it correctly. Nice job.” Jurina looked and gave a thumbs-up.

“Thanks.”

“By the way, are you fine with thunder, Sakura-chan?” Jurina asked.

“Yes. I’m totally fine with it.” Sakura answered. “Because I love horror movies.”

“What do horror movies have to do with thunder?” Jurina had quite the chuckle.

Sakura didn’t understand that she felt apologetic to herself. Her attempt to look and sound cool for Jurina was a failure. It was also ironic because as the lightning and thunder returned, Sakura cowered lightly.

“Yep! I hate it! They’re scary!!” Yena crawled on the table. “Kaeun-nim.”

“No.” Kaeun spat and shooed her away.

Yena rerouted and got to hug Yujin. Yujin became playful and comforted her friend. Sakura decided to finally pour some tea for everyone. Another comeback for the lightning and thunder and Sakura’s hands shivered while holding the teapot. Jurina had keen eyes and Sakura noticed them. For Sakura, she couldn’t bear to be nervous beside the Red Ace.

“Are you okay?” Jurina got to her attention again.

Sakura nodded again, pouring more tea. Jurina placed it down, shocking Sakura. She held Sakura’s hand when the lightning and thunder returned, shocking Sakura even more. Jurina hushes her, whispering. “Don’t be scared…”

Sakura nodded again and Jurina places their intertwined hands under the table. Sakura gulped of this dream-like situation. Jurina’s hands felt really smooth and they delivered such tender, love, and care. But then, looking at Kaeun with a cowering Yena next to her, it wasn’t overlapping.

Both interventions from the aces stirred Sakura’s heartstrings but they were in different degrees. She may feel overwhelmed for Jurina to hold her hand but the feeling was completely different. She wondered why her heart pounded like crazy. Why does she feel it more when it had to do with the Black Ace?

A little talk between Miru and Yujin had to be disrupted when lightning and thunder made an umpteenth comeback, shutting the power down.

“No way! A blackout?!” Yena screamed. “No! It’s so dark!”

“Calm down. The lights will come back soon.” Jurina spoke.

“That was one loud thunder…” Yujin mumbled. “It’s super close!”

Yujin made a run for it and Yena followed her, screaming as the coward she was. Jurina and Sakura were still side by side, holding hands underneath the table. Miru was on the opposite side on one couch while Kaeun was on the other side, still like nothing’s affecting her.

“I’ll get some flashlights. Please wait for me.” Jurina said to Sakura.

Sakura nodded. Jurina got their hands placed on one of Sakura’s knees as Jurina the small hand with her own medium-sized hands. “I’ll be back.”

“I’ll go with you.” Miru added.

Jurina didn’t mind. Now that she and Miru went to get some flashlights, Sakura and Kaeun were left. As Sakura decided to use her phone’s flashlight, a hand and pull towards the floor stopped her. Sakura gulped to find herself sitting on the floor close to the couch, especially of the one who held her captive through a hand on and arms around her small stature.

Sakura looked behind her and saw the Black Angel, eyes glistening with the moonlight.

“You are one unfaithful woman…”

“What?” Sakura didn’t get it until it dawned to her. “D-Did you see us? Did you notice what the Red Ace did-“

“Shut it.” Kaeun spat, adding a rough peck on Sakura’s cheek.

Sakura grabbed Kaeun’s right arm to let herself go but Kaeun was stronger, pinning her to her place. Kaeun added a bite on Sakura’s large ear, causing the cherry blossom to whimper. She even felt Kaeun’s breath by her ear.

“You still don’t understand to whom do you belong, huh?” Kaeun whispered. “I’ll make sure you won’t forget…”

Another bite on the ear and Sakura looked back to push Kaeun away. But her effort was of no use as Kaeun was still on her place, chuckling at the cherry blossom. “What a loud voice you have…”

“Is everyone okay?”

They could hear Jurina’s voice, including her own footsteps and Miru’s. Kaeun was threatened by it as she assaulted Sakura with a third bite and a on her neck.

Sakura couldn’t believe what was happening. She may not see much because of the dark but she felt heat coursing through her body like it was poison. It made Sakura lose her strength, made her suffocated, and made her feel like she was dying.

Kaeun was finished and looked Sakura’s eyes deeply. “This is a reminder for you, cherry blossom.”

“Are you okay, Sakura-chan?” Jurina asked as she shone the flashlight towards Sakura.

Sakura realized that the Black Ace returned to her spot and answered. “Yes. I’m fine.”

On such timing, the power was back. Yena and Yujin returned to their seats and Miru shuts the other flashlight while sitting down. Jurina shuts down hers and sat next to Sakura again, letting the cherry blossom face her. “I apologize for leaving you all by yourself.”

“No, it’s fine…” Sakura answered.

Jurina adored her and her heart was beating for her. Sakura adored Jurina back but she was ed up for her heart was beating for Jurina AND Kaeun. Kaeun had nothing of it but she was possessive towards Sakura.

Jurina’s vibrant expressions changed when she saw something on Sakura’s neck. She lets go of the cherry blossom and her eyes targeted at Kaeun. If looks were weapons of mass destruction, she aims all of it at Kaeun. Kaeun had gone defensive, looking away a couple of times before finally meeting Jurina’s glare.

Their eyes expressed anger and competition. Who knew it had to do with a cherry blossom again?