Tension Between the Aces

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

With another day comes another time in school. For Class A, it would’ve been a barren classroom but a group of friends were early and were on their seats. Most of them thought that it wasn’t part of their routines to be early but a duck had a special surprise for her group of friends.

“What is your surprise, Yena-chan?” Miru asked. “Just spit it out already.”

“Agreed! Spit out the freebies from a new amusement park!”

“Wonyoung! Don’t spoil.” Yena huffed.

“Is Wonyoung telling the truth? An amusement park?” Yujin asked again.

Yena chuckled and showed something to them. For a small number of students in one room, they had quite the loud reactions.

“These are tickets for an amusement park. It’s a new facility and they’ll be opening this weekend.” Yena shared. “Wonyoung and I made a run with our groceries and passed by there. One of their clerks gave us some but I requested to receive more so that I can invite all of you.”

“Ohohoho~ nice one, you two.” Yujin patted their backs.

“There’s a catch, though.” Wonyoung shared. “They’ll only last until the opening.”

“Specifically, what day?” All of them asked.

“Saturday.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Yujin facepalmed. “That’s the only day that I can’t go.”

“Me too.” Wonyoung raised.

“Eh?! So why did you grab more and give them to me?!” Yena snapped.

“For us, of course.” Wonyoung pointed out. “There are seven tickets all in all. I got three and you got four, remember?”

“Right, right…” Yena scratched her head. “So there are two free tickets. Who’s sure to go aside from me?”

Yuri took some time because of a text but she raised too. Yunjin raised her hand next.

“What about you two?” Yena asked Sakura and Miru.

“I’ll go if Mirurun goes,” said Sakura.

Miru thought about it but she sighed. “Possibly, Yena and Yuri will go together…so will it just be us and Yunjin?”

“What’s wrong of hanging out with me?” Yunjin wondered, gasping.

“Guys, if you two will join, there’s still two extra tickets-“

“What about the aces?” Sakura suggested, shocking most of them. “Jurina-san doesn’t mind joining us…and Kaeun-san would go when Jurina-san will.”

“Ohoho~ nice suggestion, Sakura-chan. Should I ask her?” Yunjin cooed.

“It’s risky…but why are Miru and Yena shying out?” Yujin sighed. “How creepy of you…”

“Not only it’s risky, it’s also shameless.” Yena spoke as she face-palmed herself.

“Duh. That’s why it’s weird and creepy of you to be shying about it.” Wonyoung finished.

Yena still debated with the two towers, leaving Yunjin to play around with her things and Sakura and Miru to exchange looks. Miru was nervous inside while Sakura devised this as a way for Miru to get closer to Kaeun…

…and also to plot this as a devious plan to payback what the stupid giraffe did to her.

“Come on, Mirurun. You’d like it.” Sakura nudged her.

“Not that much…” Miru spat then mumbled. “…but it would be nice…”

Their conversation stopped as Yena noticed Kaeun going inside their classroom. She and Yunjin played rock-paper-scissors and the loser will ask Kaeun. Yena was the unfortunate duck and will have to face the Black Angel herself. She became fidgety and hid the tickets before she approached Kaeun.

“Kaeun-nim.” Yena called, making the taller stop. “About this Saturday…i-if you’re free-“

“Just get to the point.” Kaeun spat.

“Y-Yes, Boss.” Yena bowed again. “We have an extra ticket. Do you want to go to the amusement park?”

The rest of the friends were hesitant of Kaeun’s answer. But an approval shocked them.

Sakura was damned. She never thought Kaeun would agree.

+++

That Saturday came and the tickets were compensated to seven people. As agreed, Miru, Sakura, Yena, Yunjin, and Yuri would come. The aces compensated the extra two and was with them.

“Whew. It’s been a while since I got to an amusement park.” Yunjin stretched as they got on a train.

“Same here, Yunjin-chan.” Jurina shared.

“Eh? Really?” Yena reacted. “You’ve never been into one with Kaeun-nim?”

Jurina shook her head. Yunjin stopped Yena from yapping and escorted them to their seats. Kaeun and Jurina occupied one seat, with Miru and Sakura facing them. Yena and Yuri were in another seat while Yunjin consumed the whole seat, facing the two.

The train ride went smoothly, with either parties falling into silence, up until Yunjin sat up to peep onto the other side where Sakura and Miru sat with the aces.

“I have something to share. As you all should know, amusement park rides have jinxes. The Ferris Wheel is known for that.” Yunjin began.

“What is it? Is it like a scary legend?” Miru asked.

“Hold on a second-“

“Sit properly, Yunjin-ah. I’ll share the info.” Yena’s voice was heard as Yunjin sat back down. “The Ferris Wheel only holds that jinx. They say that if couples kiss at the top, that couple will get together.”

Yunjin started laughing, saying that it was one hilarious jinx. Yuri and Yena joined her while the remaining four were silent.

“Wow. What a laugh…” Yunjin wiped the corners of her eyes with her fingers. “What is that? An urban legend from the era of love?”

“It’s weird in the first place. Think about it.” Yuri voiced out. “If you’re totally official and are in the phase of kissing each other, then the officiality of your relationship’s been settled without the jinx.”

Most of them agreed. Sakura had the thought and was surprised when Jurina smiled at her. And it was ty that Kaeun had to observe without looking too obvious. Inside her head, Sakura was then reminded of Yuri’s words and of her time with Kaeun, just when she was assaulted with a forceful kiss and that her words slipped an informal call towards the latter.

One word. .

“Something wrong, Sakura-chan?” Jurina asked.

“Nothing. Nothing.” Was all Sakura could reply.

+++

“Were here~!!” Yena was the first to cheer.

As expected of a new amusement park, it was beyond the dreams of kids and kids at heart. The rides were fit for any age, with the Ferris Wheel being the main ride of all. Other facilities such as food stalls and bathrooms were considered but a group of seven didn’t have time to sightsee. It was time to have fun.

“Okay, everyone. Say cheese.” Yunjin spoke as they took a groupfie, with her long arm turned into a selfie stick.

“I’m super excited!” Yuri cheered then grabbed Yena’s arm. “Come on! Let’s go take a look at that ride!!”

Most of them followed the two, with the aces on their tail. Jurina would’ve caught up when she looked back to see Kaeun walking slowly.

“Kaeunnie~” She got to her side. “You okay?”

“What kind of a question is that?”

“Just concerned.” Jurina pulled her to catch up. “Let’s go.”

Kaeun maintained the stoic expression but followed Jurina anyway.

+++

The friends wasted no time in going for the rides. Their first one was in the spinning cups wherein Miru, Sakura, Yena, and Yuri were in one cup while Yunjin was with the aces in the other cup. The second was a cycling cart wherein Sakura and Miru took the first, the aces with the second, and Yena and Yuri on the third. Yunjin decided to try their third ride: a space jet.

“Take a picture of me, okay?” She added.

“Got it.” Yuri nodded.

“I’m counting on you, Yuri.” Yunjin spat again.

“She gets it.” Yena replied as she finished whispering to the aces.

“Get ready to watch how awesome I look when I’m flying!” Yunjin raised her arms as the jet she was up from the ground.

The others had the time to watch Yunjin getting giddy until Jurina waved. “Alright, Yunjin-chan. We’re going to head off first.”

“Huh?! You’re kidding, right?!”

“Bye!” Most of them said, with Yuri and Yena going ahead.

“Hey, wait!! This isn’t right!!” Yunjin struggled onto her harness. “Wait!!”

They still became playful and walked away. Yunjin was complaining even more, adding a call to Kaeun since she remained. But alas. The Black Ace only grinned evilly while taking her picture.

So much for Yunjin’s ride…

+++

Yena and Yuri were having a laugh. After Yunjin’s ride, they requested Kaeun’s picture to be sent to them. They were busting their lungs because Yunjin’s picture was of herself screaming for help.

“It’s not funny…” Yunjin huffed then clutched on Kaeun’s arm. “Kaeun-nim, why~~?”

“Off.” Kaeun mumbled.

“Yes, Boss.” Yunjin bowed and moved away.

“Let’s ride on the rollercoaster next!” Yuri pointed.

All of them agreed and got on the line. Yena and Yuri were first while Yunjin got in between them.

“I look like the Undertaker.” Yunjin mumbled. “I can’t believe Kaeun-nim’s quite the mischievous one.”

“At least she got your picture.” Yena pointed. “Actually, Yuri and I got one picture of you in our phones.”

Yunjin looked at them and made comparisons. “Kaeun-nim’s picture is the best one. Your pictures are so blurry. It doesn’t look like me!”

“That’s because you were moving.” Yuri batted.

“I wasn’t the one moving. The ride was!” Yunjin added as they moved another step.

Sakura and Jurina were behind them while Kaeun was on their tail. They moved again and waited, with Kaeun sitting by the railings. Jurina enjoyed this moment with friends, especially when she’s just next to Sakura. She looked at the cherry blossom and noticed her rub her hands together while exhaling onto them.

“Are you getting cold?” Jurina asked.

“Yeah. I forgot to bring my gloves.” Sakura answered.

Before Sakura could do another blow or rub, Jurina grabbed her hand. Jurina held it tenderly and stuffed their intertwined hands in her jacket’s pocket. Sakura looked at Jurina, getting a smile and getting another pounding heart. She couldn’t help it. Her heart always skips a bet whenever Jurina did something nice to her.

Little did they know; a Black Ace was looking intently at them and she felt her chest tighten of the sight.

+++

The rollercoaster was the best ride they had but it was also a tiring one. They decided to take a break and eat. They occupied two tables while Yena, Yuri, and Yunjin went to buy their snacks. For now, Miru and Sakura were in one table and talked.

“What should we ride next?” Sakura asked.

“Beats me.” Miru answered while slumping on her seat.

With the vacant time, Sakura had an idea. She nudged Miru, saying. “Hey, why don’t you try asking her?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Go on a ride with Kaeun-san.”

Miru snorted but regained herself. “There’s no way I can do that.”

“Try going on a ride with her on the Ferris Wheel.” Sakura pointed. “Remember the jinx Yunjin and Yena mentioned about?”

“I can’t ask her that. And I’m not into that, Kkura.” Miru sighed. “I don’t feel that to the extreme and I don’t have the guts to ask her.”

“Consider it, Mirurun.” Sakura said again. “It would be a waste to not go on a ride together. We’re already here at the amusement park so we should seize the day. And who knows…” She added a nudge on Miru’s shoulder. “…the feelings could develop now.”

Miru thought about it. With Sakura’s persuasion, she smiled and nodded. “You’re right…okay! I’ll give it a shot and do my best!”

“Yes! Go for it.” Sakura added.

They spared a look at the other table where the aces sat. Miru gulped and drew closer to make her move. Sakura got her phone and texted someone.

Jurina-san: I got to persuade Mirurun. Let’s commence the plan.

She spared a look at Jurina and they shared grins. Sakura waited for the next phase while sipping her juice.

But as she looked at Miru and Kaeun, she had this strange feeling.

+++

Jurina smiled of the message and nudged Kaeun. “I’ll go and get some drinks.”

“But you just got your soda.” Kaeun batted.

“I’ll go for another one.” Jurina got up. “Would you like another bottle of water?”

Kaeun bit a large portion of her Pocky and Jurina got the gist of what she needed to buy for her. She excused herself and went, just in time for Miru to approach Kaeun. Miru was very hesitant to commence her question but there was no turning back now.

“Kaeun-san.”

Kaeun looked up. Miru gulped of such a look. The usual dark ambiance of the Black Ace was replaced with a display of cuteness. Miru thought Kaeun looked like a very cute black cat.

She shook the thought. She needs to pop the question now. “Would you go on a ride with me?”

There was no response. Just silence…and a deafening one at that. Miru had a gaze as Kaeun bit another stick.

“Okay…why not?” Kaeun responded.

Miru lowered her head but her smiles were evident. Kaeun got up and went ahead, with Miru following her.

At another table, Sakura cheered about a successful move. Jurina got to her back and smiled. “It worked, Sakura-chan.”

“Indeed, Jurina-san.” Sakura nodded.

“What worked?” Yunjin asked as she, together with Yena and Yuri, have returned with a bag of snacks.

Yena nudged her as Yunjin gasped of the sight. Yuri had some time to gain knowledge of what’s happening and she reacted the most.

“Hold on.” Yuri squinted. “Are you talking about Kaeun-nim and Miru?”

They shared looks and the three dorks reacted. Jurina chuckled with them but her eyes stopped at Sakura. The cherry blossom had a change of look towards Kaeun and Miru and it worried Jurina. She nudged her and whispered. “Let’s go and have some alone time.”

“Ah…Miru’s so bold.” Yena chuckled.

“If I was bold enough, I’d chase Kaeun-nim too.” Yuri added then sighed. “But I don’t see her as a potential girlfriend.”

“We see her as a big sister.” Yunjin spoke, leaving Yena and Yuri to sigh with her.

The three dorks had their time, leaving Jurina to pull Sakura away so they’d go to another spot, just the two of them. Sakura went along and they walked gradually. Jurina led her to a veranda-like area, almost far from the amusement park. Sakura loved it as she spreads her arms and sighed happily.

“The air’s really nice. It makes me feel great.” Sakura commented, eyes shut.

“It really is, right?” Jurina added, walking beside her

“I’m glad that I got to be here.”

“That’s good to hear.”

The two settled by the railings, enjoying another view of the city, almost identical to what Jurina showed to Sakura before. It was all wonderful of seeing the beauty of the surroundings when Jurina noticed Sakura fidgeting on her spot, especially with her feet.

“Sakura-chan, do you have a blister?”

“Yeah…” Sakura nodded. “The shoes I’m wearing are quite new and are a little tight.”

“Take a seat.” Jurina spoke.

Sakura wondered when she was gracefully pulled to sit on a bench. Jurina got down on one knee and held Sakura’s leg when she was stopped.

“Jurina-san, you don’t have to do this.” Sakura had a little panic. “I’m alright.”

“Please sit still.” Jurina gave her cutest smile.

Sakura couldn’t resist, making her obey. Jurina got her sock off, got an extra bandage from her pants’ pocket, and applied it on the blister located in Sakura’s ankle. Jurina puts on Sakura’s sock and shoe and the cherry blossom’s heart pumped out of nowhere.

She sighed. Jurina was too nice for her own good.

“All done.” Jurina spoke.

“Thank you.” Sakura grinned and walked again. “This is really comfortable.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Jurina added.

Sakura walked again. Jurina thought it looked like a waddle, that it was really cute. With more staring at her cherry blossom, her heart gained a different blossom.

It wasn’t the heart of a playgirl. It was a heart of the real her.

“Sakura-chan…” Jurina pulled the woman for a back-hug.

Sakura froze of that contact, her heart stirring her in unexpected ways again. A second call of her name and Sakura felt like her legs turned to jelly.

“Sakura-chan…” Jurina started, her hug still intact. “…I was going to wait wholeheartedly but I’m reaching my limit every single day.”

Jurina hugged her more tenderly. Sakura could only shut her eyes as mixed emotions filled her because of this moment.

“Please look at me...” She heard Jurina again.

Sakura was hesitant but she slowly gazed at her. She saw Jurina’s orbs becoming vibrant, depicting the realest of emotions.

“Look only at me.”

Can she?

Sakura couldn’t say a word because of that question. Nonetheless, Jurina still hugged her, hoping that this moment would settle everything. It may be for her but not for Sakura.

Sakura felt weird. Jurina may had the first impression of a playgirl but she was the nicest girl she has ever known. With an attitude like that, it’s no difficulty to fall for her. Sakura had those feelings but a first but sadly, it was starting to have a shared feeling, thanks to another person.

She would’ve been happy for this but why isn’t she?

+++

The night painted the world and replaced the day. The population in the amusement park went many as more families and friends came to visit. The place was lit up in various colors and the group were in their different walks within the amusement park for their own satisfaction.

Sakura and Jurina still had the time together. They got texts from Yunjin that a show was to happen at the square. It was the last thing they’ll do before going back to the dorms, home for Miru. Sakura and Jurina got to the meeting place and they were shocked.

“Huh? The others aren’t here?” Jurina reacted first as she ran towards the seats.

“I guess we’re the first ones.” Sakura commented.

They got to the front. Jurina got her jacket off to save more seats for the others. Sakura sat down, wondering as Jurina was still standing up.

“Jurina-san.”

“Sakura-chan.” Jurina got in front of her. “Can you wait here? Let me buy us some drinks.”

“I’ll come with you-“

“It’s fine.” Jurina pushed her to sit back down. “Stay here.”

“Okay. Thank you.” Sakura nodded.

Jurina smiled and ran off. Sakura relaxed on her seat when she felt someone pull her arm. She looked up with a reaction as she saw Kaeun.

“Kaeun-san!” She reacted again as Kaeun held her arm tighter. “Where’s Mirurun?”

“Shut it.” Kaeun spat and pulled her up.

“Hey! Where are we going?!” Sakura spat, trying to free herself. “Yah, Kaeun-san! That hurts!”

“Shut it, I say.” Kaeun spat again.

The pulling went on and Sakura was reminded of what happened last time. Anger and fear struck in her being because there was no way she was going to let another mishap with the Black Ace happen again. With all the pulling and walking, Sakura was shocked that they were at the booth of the Ferris Wheel. Her shock doubled as there was a clerk holding a sign, saying that a ride in the Ferris Wheel was free for couples.

“Okay, next.” She pulled Sakura and Kaeun inside. “The couple over here can go ahead.”

“Get on. Quickly.” Kaeun spat once more.

“Huh?! But we’re not-“

The Ferris Wheel was revving. Kaeun sighed and had to pull Sakura so that they’d get in, just in time for them to ascend higher. Kaeun forced Sakura to sit down and face her. Sakura thought history was repeating itself again.

This was the ing worst.

“What is it now?!” Sakura spat.

Kaeun didn’t say anything and held her chin up. Her palm slammed on the glass and Sakura froze of it. Sakura watched Kaeun inch closer again and she was sure that history was going to repeat itself. She was shutting her eyes for she was unable to bear this event.

Kaeun was going to kiss her again. What a thought she what getting…

The Ferris Wheel was halfway to the top. Sakura opens her eyes and gulped when Kaeun and her maintained a small gap.

“Here we go again, I presume…” Kaeun smirked. “I hope you call me ‘Kaeun-chan’ again.”

Sakura fumed. She pushed Kaeun away but her limbs were restrained quickly, thanks to Kaeun’s strong hands.

“What the , Kaeun-san?! What’s with you?!” Sakura spat. “Have you-“

“-had enough?” Kaeun finished her question. “There’s no way, cherry blossom, especially if you’re making me irritated almost all the time.”

Sakura was speechless. Kaeun was still pinning her but her gaze averted towards the view of the city.

“We’re almost at the top. You heard about the said jinx, right?”

No…

Sakura would’ve gone away but Kaeun had inched closer. Once Kaeun noticed they they were at the top, she kissed Sakura.

Sakura was damned. It happened again. Her feelings have mixed, her state had gone weak, and her conscience was cursing at herself. She couldn’t shake Kaeun away, she couldn’t push herself away, and she had let herself fall into the Black Angel’s trap.

With the jinx, was Sakura really going to paired but someone who annoys her to the bone?

+++

Jurina took so long. With a long line, getting drinks felt like forever. She got to the show but it was already crowded. It was almost ending and their seats were taken. Jurina didn’t mind of that. She minded about Sakura’s whereabout.

“Jurina.”

“Huh? Miru?” Jurina reacted, drinks still on hand. “Where’s Kaeunnie?”

She saw Miru lower her head and heard her answer. “I lost sight of her.”

Another call from the left and there was Yena and Yuri. Another call from the left and there was Yunjin. The three of them met with Jurina and Miru, almost panting.

“Sorry. We made various stops that we forgot the show.” Yena said with an exhausted Yuri.

“There you all are!” Yunjin huffed as she bit her glowing cotton candy. “Seriously, guys…I was lost.”

“Where did you go?” Yuri asked.

“I didn’t know the place until I found a security guard. I would’ve reported you guys as lost but I decided to ask where this place was.” Yunjin answered.

Jurina nodded but her thought was diverted towards something else. She ran to a certain spot and stopped. The rest followed her, only to see Jurina look up the Ferris Wheel. For Jurina, she had a hunch but her mind and heart were fighting to believe it or not.

Kaeun and Sakura weren’t back. Jurina had a feeling that they’re in that Ferris Wheel. The thought itself made her pissed, almost clutching the drinks.

“Jurina-san?” Yunjin called.

Breathe in and out, Matsui…

Jurina faced them with a smile, handing the drinks to Yuri and Yena. “You guys have it. You’ve been exhausted from all the running.”

“Thanks!” The two said and drank.

“Yunjin-chan, can you find us a spot to sit down?”

“Right.” Yunjin agreed and led the way.

Miru was by her side as Yena and Yuri followed them. Jurina was at their tail, her Red Ace aura turning her White Demon’s, mostly the Demon part.

They settled themselves on a series of benches. Miru sat on the middle, Jurina sat on her right, while Yuri and Yena sat on the left. For Yunjin, she paced and settled by Miru’s side.

“Can I go pee?” She asked.

“You don’t have to ask permission all the time, Yunjin-chan,” said Miru.

“Right.” Yunjin nodded and got up. “Do you two need to go too? Jurina-san?”

“We’re good.” Yena and Yuri said.

“I’m good, Yunjin-chan. Thanks. You can go now.” Jurina spoke.

Yunjin went as the rest continued to wait for Kaeun and Sakura. Jurina looked around and on cue, she saw Sakura. The worst part of her view was that she walked a meter behind Kaeun. Her speculation wasn’t assured but with them arriving at the same time, the result was quite obvious.

They went out together.

“So you two went out together.” Jurina maintained her smile and spoke.

Kaeun was by her side while Sakura was glued to her spot.

“We weren’t, Jurina-san.” Sakura spoke. “I went to the bathroom and got lost along the way. I met Kaeun-san along the way too.”

“I see.” Jurina spoke but her fiery gaze came back towards Kaeun.

The gaze meant a lot of things, from anger to jealousy. For now, the gaze was meant for Kaeun, for her to explain her side. Kaeun notice of that but being the dark one she was, she didn’t say anything. Instead, she passed by her and Miru, sitting down the bench. For Jurina, it became clear, causing her vibrant personality to shift into a cold one.

Sakura felt the tension. She had to lie for their sakes. The lie got into her so much that one, she couldn’t look at her friends – especially to Miru – and two, she created more tension between the aces, especially distress to Jurina.

“I think we should all go home now.” Yena voiced out. “We’ll wait for Yunjin and then we’ll go.”

“Agreed.” Jurina spat before sitting back to her spot.

Sakura kept her head lowered and decided to sit and wait for Yunjin.

+++

They were back at the dorm, with Miru going home. The place was quiet, with most of the students residing back to their rooms. The aces, together with Yena and Yuri, went to their rooms, with Kaeun sparing the last instruction to Sakura: to clean the canteen’s floors. For Yunjin, Yena gave her the key to the canteen to wait for Sakura to finish her work.

In the late night, Sakura was scrubbing floors. Yunjin took pity and decided to help her, making the divisions and the cleaning quicker. Sakura was at the middle scrubbing the last bits when the thought of Kaeun came to mind.

She was reminded of the kisses she got from her, especially during the Ferris Wheel ride. Her body felt heat and her cheeks flushed, all while her mind questioned herself to why she couldn’t reject Kaeun at those times. Such thought made her body weak, as if poison was spreading through her system.

“Hey, Sakura.” She was back to reality again as she saw Yunjin. “I’m done with my part and made coffee. What are you still doing over there?”

“Ah…it’s nothing, Yunjin-chan.” Sakura mumbled and resumed her work.

“But you’re blushing. Your face is as red as a tomato.” Yunjin commented. “What’s wrong?”

“I feel hot…” Sakura mumbled.

“Weird. It’s cold outside. The world’s like a large freezer as of this evening.” Yunjin said after sipping her coffee.

“Hey, Yunjin-chan…” Sakura mumbled as she finished. “…I don’t feel good. My body’s acting weird.”

“Are you alright?” Yunjin checked on her. “Why don’y you drink some coffee? I poured you a cup.”

“Yunjin-chan…”

“What?”

“I feel lustful…”

“Huh?” Yunjin reacted with her dorkiest face. “Lustful? What in the world…” She helped the cherry blossom up. “You just need something hot to drink. Why don’t you drink your coffee while I finish here?”

“Okay…thanks…” Sakura mumbled still.

+++

 It was another Monday. It would’ve been a good one but not for Sakura. She was up later than usual and she still felt nauseous. The kiss on the Ferris Wheel with Kaeun stirred in her head, invading her dreams. She’s been thinking about it since yesterday but she still doesn’t understand.

Why didn’t she refuse her?

The aftermath of that was far from good. She was lucky enough for Yena, Yuri, and Yunjin to not notice the tension. Miru was in the boundary but her tensions with the aces was the worst. Kaeun’s usual dark expression became darker and Jurina changed her wholeheartedly.

Sakura’s thoughts were stopped at the clothes hung in her closet. Two articles were favored that they were hung outside. It was the shirt Jurina bought for her and the shirt Kaeun borrowed for her during the bathroom incident.

This was bad. She was supposed to only have her heart dedicated and devoted to Jurina but why did Kaeun got involved and made her heart worse?

She curses herself, looking at the clock that read six in the morning. She didn’t want to meet Kaeun so she decided to withdraw herself from her room, eat a decent breakfast, and made her way early to school.

She ed herself in the morning. She managed to see Kaeun cleaning her table after eating breakfast.

Avert, Miyawaki. Avert. She thought and went back.

Sakura made sure not to meet Kaeun again before things could go confusing and could go worse.

+++

Sakura slumped on her desk. Despite eating a large piece of melon bread, such a dish didn’t suffice her hungry stomach. And because she woke up early, she grew tired.

“Morning, Kkura.” Miru greeted and got to her seat.

“Morning…”

“Didn’t you receive my mail?” Miru asked.

“I did.” Sakura mumbled again. “Nothing particular happened between Jurina-san and I.”

“What about between you and Kaeun-san?”

Holy .

“Nothing to the umpteenth power.” Sakura answered.

“I’m glad.” Miru said then slapped her head lightly. “And get your up. Classes haven’t started.”

“Morning!!” Wonyoung and Yujin busted the doors open with their long legs.

Miru and Sakura greeted them but their vibrant auras were mostly aiming towards Sakura.

“So how was the amusement park?” Wonyoung started.

“More like how’s your date with Yujin?” Miru played with them. “That must be the reason why you guys didn’t join us.”

“No!” They spat together.

“We just came in to ask Sakura-chan.” Yujin spoke. “It’s about the date you and Jurina-san had after the remedial exam.”

“What’s there to talk about that, guys?” Sakura asked. “Nothing happened. And why did you bring that up? That was way long overdue.”

“HEY! HEY!” Yena came in vibrantly with a chuckling Yuri behind her.

“Ugh…too vibrant.” Miru commented with Wonyoung and Yujin laughing at the big ducky.

Yena waved at two particular people. “Kaeun-nim! Jurina-san!”

“Good morning, Yena-chan.” Jurina greeted as Kaeun just nodded.

“Jurina-san, before you go to your classroom…” Yena stopped her as Kaeun stood to the side. “…are you and Sakura-chan dating?”

Everyone heard her, especially a sleepy Sakura. The cherry blossom somehow got her energy back. “Wha-What’s going on?”

“Yena just asked if you and Jurina-san are dating.” Yuri mumbled.

“Eh?!! We’re not going-“ Sakura huffed. “What the , Yena-chan?!!”

“Whaat~?” Yena cackled. “You two were really close, especially on the day you were couple shirts-“

Sakura dashed and covered Yena’s lips like pinching a duck’s beak. “What are you saying with a loud voice?!”

Yena’s voice was muffled when Jurina calmed both of them down.

“To answer Yena-chan’s question, I won’t spare any details, not even Sakura-chan. And by the way…” Jurina added and patted Sakura’s head. “…we finally bump into each other, Sakura-chan. It’s like I haven’t seen you yesterday.”

Yena shuts herself up and joined the rest of their friends. Jurina faced Sakura and spoke. “Mind me for my behavior yesterday.”

Sakura felt her heart going soft. Jurina was indeed worried of what happened yesterday. As Sakura thought, it was one of the reasons why she liked her.

“It’s fine, Jurina-san.” Sakura said.

“Get to your class, you dumb dog.” Kaeun intruded. “And move it, cherry blossom. You’re blocking the door.”

Sakura snickered and dubbed Kaeun as the stupid giraffe again. She thought Kaeun was so irritating, acting as if nothing happened.

“See you, Sakura-chan.” Jurina bids ado.

“See you.”

“By the way…” Jurina spoke loud enough for Sakura to stop. “You’re a very nice girl that I wouldn’t mind going out with you.”

The voice was heard by admirers and they reacted. Their friends reacted, especially Yunjin who just arrived.

“Woah! Was that a confession?” She chuckled.

Sakura was still frozen, watching Jurina being confronted by other admirers about her words. Sakura had to come back to the reality and to her seat as their class was starting again.

And it was for everyone because they’re going to have a short quiz.

“Okay. Get one and pass,” said their teacher, handing out test papers for each column.

During the pass, Sakura was cornered by Yena and Wonyoung, who were sitting at her front and right.

“Yah, Sakura-chan…are you really going out with Jurina-san?”

“Spill the beans, Saku-“

“Guys. It’s just a joke. Didn’t you see Jurina-san smiling like usual?” Sakura batted. “She’s the Red Ace and is nice to everyone. She probably said that so that I wouldn’t embarrass myself.”

Wonyoung and Yena didn’t question again as they got the papers. Wonyoung gave them to Sakura as she herself got a paper. She froze, realizing who was at her back.

She didn’t want to turn around. Kaeun was behind her. She gulped and passed the last set to her without looking. But once she did, she had contact with Kaeun’s fingers.

Her heart betrayed her for it was beating rapidly. Her heart also betrayed her because she had two aces in it.

it, Sakura thought. She had a test to answer.