eight

This is Just Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What I want to say is that I’m not Chaeyeon.”

 

 

Silent.

 

Did I say it in my mind? Chaeryeong thought as she heard no response from the girls.

Chaeryeong slowly opens her eyes and sees the various expression in each of the girls.

“Wow, Chaeyeon… That’s just ummm…not funny?” Yena broke the silent as the hesitant is visible in her tone.

Chaeryeong sigh, expecting that reaction.

“I’m telling the truth, Yena unnie. I’m not Chaeyeon. I’m Chaeryeong, Chaeyeon’s younger sister.” This time, Chaeryeong said it with much courage.

“Damn Lee Chaeyeon.. I said it’s not funny.” Yena said, with much forced smile this time.

“She’s not joking. She is telling the truth.” Sakura spoke out with her eyes keep on Chaeryeong.

The girls look at Sakura and then shifted to Eunbi. Seeing the sigh from their mother figures, that information finally makes through their mind.

“You’re kidding.” Yena said as she stands up absurdly, and quickly walk out from the room.

Chaeryeong fully understand Yena’s action as Yena is Chaeyeon’s bestfriend. Chaeryeong was ready to follow Yena but Eunbi beat her to it. Chaeryeong can only nod as she knows it was the best for Eunbi to talk some patient into Yena’s raging thought.

“I’ll get her.” Eunbi said as she quickly makes her way out from the room.

No one dare to talk as they still trying to digest the information and Chaeryeong lost her courage to talk more, probably making other individual to leave the room. She decided to wait for Eunbi to bring Yena back into the room before she explains everything, everything to them. Few minutes after, Eunbi back with a stoic faced Yena. Eunbi take a seat beside Chaeryeong.

“You need to tell us everything, like everything.” Yena said as she takes a seat beside Yuri.

“I’m planning on that.” Chaeryeong said.

“So?” Yujin asked, signaling Chaeryeong to start the talk.

“Like I said, I’m Lee Chaeryeong. We are not twins. Chaeyeon unnie is older a year than me. I’m her younger sister. I been taking Chaeyeon unnie’s position, I mean acting as her for a while now.”

“That’s explains the change.” Minju’s voice trailed out, catching the attention. Chaeryeong didn’t expect that but nod anyway.

“It was Chaeyeon unnie’s plan. The plan was me act as her for few days, but the act continued because of some circumstances.”

“What circumstances?” Yena asked, not wanting to leave any more hidden story.

Chaeryeong take a deep breath before continuing her words.

“Chaeyeon unnie is sick, and it…” Chaeryeong didn’t finish her words as tears automatically run down her face.

“S-she’s not d-dying, r-right?” Yena’s harden expression turned into worried one as her voice trembled after the unexpected news.

“She’s not going to die.” Eunbi said with hard expression, probably angered by Yena’s choice of words.

“She’s not going to, if the operation succeeds. Chaeyeon unnie will go to US next Saturday for the operation.” Chaeryeong said and sees the members sigh in relief. But one person noticed the frown on Eunbi and Chaeryeong’s face.

“Why are you telling us now? Why Chaeyeon didn’t tell this herself? You are saying that she’ll getting the operation but why with that worried expression?” Sakura asked as her curiosity taking her.

“Because I know Chaeyeon won’t tell you. She probably going to keep this lie until she’s gone. Chaeyeon unnie not planning to come back here. I not telling you this for you to convince her to come back, or because the fact that I’ll transferred into Chaeyeon’ school later. She planned this because she didn’t want to see any of you worried. And for me to break her secret like this, I hope all of you can keep this from Chaeyeon unnie..”

“Are you saying that you want us to act like we do not know anything?” Chaewon furrowed her brow.

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning, Yena!” A chirped Chaeyeon greeted Yena with bright smile.

Yena automatically flashed a smile, greeted back.

“Morning, Chaeyeon.” Yena said and gestures them to walk into the class.

Chaeyeon knitted her brow, confused with Yena sudden quietness but she quickly ignored it as she thinks that Yena might just having a bad morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi, Eunbi unnie!” Yena and Chaeyeon greeted as they entered the cafe.

“Hi! You two came at the right time.” Eunbi said as she makes a quick look at the duo and back again to the coffee maker in front of her.

“Is there anything I could help? Chaeyeon leaning on the counter after getting herself ready for work.

“Yeah.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter