Back To School

Serendipity

"Do any of you speak English?"

 

Namjoon nodded. "Who are you?" Namjoon asked. The boy rolled his eyes. "Seriously? You don't know who I am?" The boy asked. I gasped as I looked him over. 

 

He had olive skin, black messy hair, and a serious case of resting face. "Hyung, that's Nico Di Angelo. From the books!" I said. Nico furrowed his eyebrows. "What did he say?" Namjoon looked Nico over. "Nico Di Angelo, son of Hades, what are you doing here?" 

 

Nico smiled. "I'm here to help you losers, my father asked me to." "Why would your father want that?" Nico shrugged. "Probably because he knows you'll need help. By time you get there, that kid will be dead. You guys need my help." Namjoon sighed. "Won't you just bring more to him?" 

 

Nico shrugged. "Probably, but I think that's a risk you should be willing to take. You never had to bring a child of the big three back to camp have you? At least not with you in the lead." Namjoon sighed and nodded. Nico smiled. "I suggest you let me help then." Namjoon looked at us and translated. Jimin sighed. "Just let him, hyung!" 

 

Namjoon looked back at Nico. "Fine, do you have a faster way of getting us there?" He asked. Nico took his black sword and stabbed the earth underneath him, before he looked up at us and smirked. "Of course. Hope you guys don't mind a little dirt... and a couple dead people."

 

 

I scrunched my nose up as we walked down the dirt-made steps into hell, well the underworld. It smelled so bad, the faint smell of sulfur that lingered everywhere made me want to throw up. I looked over at Jimin and it seemed like I wasn't the only one. Jimin looked like he was going to throw up. 

 

"How long do we have to stay in this place?" Jimin asked. Nico chuckled after Namjoon translated. "Not long. We have to go talk to my step-mother. I think she's in a good mood today." I followed the elders as I looked around. The place was more depressing then I had imagined. It instantly made me miss the camp and Hoseok. 

 

"Her room is just around the corner." Nico said. We followed him in to the dimly lit room. "Nico. What do you want?" A woman's voice said. Nico rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled nervously. "Well... actually... we need your help. Remember those pearls Percy used... I need at least two of them." Persephone laughed. "And why would I help you?" 

 

Nico shrugged. "Because this is a quest Dad gave us? I'm sure he wouldn't be too happy to know that you didn't help." Persephone sighed and rolled her eyes. "Give me a moment." She said before she walked over to the opposite end of the room. Nico looked at us and smiled as he gave us a thumbs up. 

 

Persephone walked over to us, I could actually see her now. She was beautiful, but how could you expect any less from a goddess? Her dark skin glittered with golden flakes. "Taehyung, you're drooling." Jimin whispered to me. "I-I'm sorry... I've never seen a goddess up close before...." I said in a whisper. Jimin rolled his eyes at me. "Okay, but you're making it very very obvious." I blushed as I looked away. 

 

Namjoon and Nico talked to her. "I hate that I don't know English." I said to Jimin. He nodded. "I think Namjoon should teach everyone at camp, but he's hardly ever there. Also its a lot of responsibility." Namjoon walked up to us and sighed. "Let's get going." I looked back at the goddess as we left. She smirked at me before she disappeared into the shadows again. I sent chills down my spine. 

 

"How many pearls did she give us?" Jimin asked. Namjoon held up two of them. "It's okay, Nico said he can shadow jump with one of us. Well, one of you two." Namjoon said. Jimin groaned. "For sake. Fine. Let's just go before this kid dies." Nico nodded. "Where are we going?" Namjoon asked. 

 

 

"Daegu?" I asked as I looked around. "He should be at his school right now... or on his way home." Nico said. Namjoon nodded. "We should split up. Jimin, you take Taehyung and go to the school. It's up the street. I'll go with Nico." Jimin rolled his eyes. "Fine. Where should we meet up?" "You two stay at the school. Try to blend in." Namjoon said before he started to walk away with Nico. 

 

"Wait! Hyung, what does this kid look like? What's his name?" Jimin asked. Namjoon stopped and looked at Jimin and I. "He's about Jimin's height. Umm... Nico?" Nico scratched the back of his head. "Uh... well.. He's a bit of a loner I guess. His name is Min Yoongi. Hurry and go before the school gets out!" Jimin rolled his eyes after Namjoon translated and before he grabbed my hand. We both took off running to the school.

 

We walked into the school and went to the office. Jimin took a deep breath before he walked up to the front desk. "Hello, how may I help you?" The lady asked. Jimin smiled sweetly. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I really need to know where Min Yoongi is. We have a project to work on." 

 

Jimin smiled and thanked the lady before we left. "Did you use your powers on her?" I asked. Jimin rolled his eyes. "Don't call them powers, they're abilities. And no, surprisingly I didn't have to." I nodded as I followed him. I watched as girls and boys we passed in the hallway checked out Jimin. "Is this normal?" I asked him. Jimin looked around and shrugged. "We have work to do, Taehyung. Focus." 

 

Jimin knocked on the classroom door. A male teacher answered it and looked down at us. "How can I help you?" Jimin smiled at him. "Sir, we need to see Min Yoongi. It's an emergency." Jimin said. The teacher chuckled. "I'm sorry, It'll have to wait until after class." 

 

Jimin sighed a bit. I watched as his eyes pulsated pink for a split second. "I really need to talk to him now." Jimin said. The teacher nodded before he walked back in front of his desk. "Min Yoongi, you have visitors that need to speak with you." Yoongi nodded before he stood up and made his way over to us. 

 

My eyes widened a bit as my eyebrows slowly raised. He was extremely good looking, there was just something about him that was so captivating. I looked over at Jimin, who had the same look on his face as I did. Yoongi looked between us. "Do I know either of you?" He asked. Jimin smirked a bit before he held his hand out. "No, not yet anyways. I'm Jimin, Park Jimin. Wow... you are really hot." 

 

Yoongi blushed before he took Jimin's hand and quickly shook it. "Uh... thanks." He then looked over at me. I smiled sheepishly, causing him to smile back. Jimin and I both swooned. Yoongi blushed more and extended his hand. I blushed and jumped a bit before I grabbed his hand and shook it vigorously. "I'm Kim Taehyung. Your life is in danger." I blurted out. 

 

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows and looked between Jimin and I. "I'm sorry, what?" Jimin glared at me before he smiled cutely at Yoongi. "You need to come with us. We'll explain everything privately." Jimin said. Yoongi scoffed a bit. "Uhh... you two are seriously weird... but... I hate this class. Let me get my stuff." He said before he walked back in and grabbed his things. 

 

Jimin looked over at me and sighed. "Keep your mouth shut and let me do the talking." I pouted before I nodded and watched as Yoongi walked back over to us. "Okay! You two follow me. I know a quiet place were we can talk." Yoongi said before he lead us away from his classroom.