A Feast For One

Serendipity

I looked at Jungkook as we walked. "How old are you, Jungkook?" Jungkook tensed up after I had addressed him. "I-I'm fifteen." He said as he quickly looked back at me. I smiled. "Ah, you're younger. I'll be seventeen in a couple months." Jungkook gave me a small smile. "Jiminie-hyung just turned seventeen." I looked over at him. 

 

Jimin knew I was looking at him, but averted my gaze. "That's cool." I said. Jungkook looked back at Hoseok. "How old are you?" He asked him. Hoseok smiled a bit. "I'm eighteen." Jungkook nodded his head. 

 

We walked up to a big mess hall. "Wow! This is really liked summer camp." I said as Hoseok and Jungkook pushed through the doors. "So, do you guys sit with your siblings or-" Jimin rolled his eyes before he cut me off. "No, we sit wherever we want to. Not everything is like those damn books." 

 

I chuckled a bit. "Well, sorry..." I said sarcastically. Jungkook laughed awkwardly before he ushered us towards a table, Jin was sitting there by himself. "Finally!" He exclaimed as we sat down. I sat across from him while Jimin and Jungkook sat on either side of him. Hoseok sat next to me, across from Jungkook. 

 

I looked around. "Where's Namjoon-hyung?" Jin smiled as.. well, to my knowledge, they were dryads, wood nymphs. Jin smiled as two of them set plates and cups down in front of us. I looked at Jin. "Is-?" He chuckled. "Yes, just like the books." I smiled widely before I thought about my mother's homemade japchae and her homemade lemonade.

 

"Whoa! Tae, how did you do that?" Hoseok asked me. I smiled before I picked up the pair of chopsticks that were sat down beside me. "I just thought of my favorite food and drink." Hoseok looked at his plate before he closed his eyes. A big pile of kimchi fried rice appeared on his plate. I chuckled as he opened his eyes and freaked out. "This is so cool!!!!" He said as he picked up a spoon and shoved a full spoonful into his mouth.

 

"What drink did you get, hyung?" I asked him. Hoseok handed me his cup. It was sprite, I should of known. I handed it back to him. We all began to eat. "Taehyung-ah, you asked me about Joonie, yes?" Jin asked me. I nodded. "He was talking to the camp director about another mission." 

 

As if he could hear us, he walked into the mess hall and sat down next to me. "Speak of the devil!" Jin said as he smiled at Namjoon. "Well?!" Jimin asked Namjoon impatiently. Namjoon looked between the five of us. "I just got asked by Hebe to go retrieve another demigod." 

 

Jin furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? A satyr can't-" Namjoon sighed. "One is already with him, hyung. He's special." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I thought we all were." I said as I looked around at everyone. Namjoon sighed. "Well... yes, but he's extra special." Everyone stared at him. Namjoon groaned. "Like... Jungkook, special." 

 

Jimin and Jin gasped. "Seriously?! I wonder who else broke the rule!" Jin said. Jimin rolled his eyes. "I bet it was Jungkookie's dad, he's kind of a . No offense, Kookie." Jungkook shrugged. "I know he is. Jason-hyung and I talk about it a lot." Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "How are you getting in contact with your brother?" 

 

Jungkook smiled. "We send each other letters, someone at his camp reads and speaks Korean so they help him. Just like Jin-hyung helps me, since you're always gone." Namjoon nodded. I stared at Jungkook. "Your brother is Jason Grace?!" I asked. 

 

Jungkook chuckled. "Yeah,... it's nice. I mean I have a half-brother, but he's a lot older and doesn't really care about me. Plus, he's mortal, so he doesn't get it, you know?" I nodded. Hoseok looked between us. "Jason?" I smiled. "He's american, he's Jungkook's half-brother. They're both the sons of the most powerful god, Zeus. The sky god. He's one of the big three. There's Poseidon and Had-" 

 

"PARK JIMIN!!!!!" All of our heads turned towards the girl who was stomping towards our table. Jimin sighed before he crossed his arms over his chest and looked up at the girl with a smirk. "Qi Mi-cha, how can I be of service to you?" The girl was very pretty, I thought that maybe she was one of his sisters. 

 

She huffed in anger as she glared at Jimin. "You are such a boy." Jimin chuckled. "What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to you." "I asked you out and you turned me down! But you still flirt with me, you !" Jimin rolled his eyes. "Whatever." "Excuse me?" the girl asked as she squeezed in between Namjoon and I. 

 

Jimin stood up and slamed his hands on the table as he leaned over a bit. "Mi-cha, do you know who my mother is? You should of seen this coming. Flirting is my thing. I can't turn it off." Jimin said with a slight shrug. Mi-cha smirked. "And I'm a daughter of Ares." Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "What's-" 

 

It was like a flash went off as Jimin began to scream in pain. No one rushed over to check on him. Hell, non of us moved. We were all too in shock. The girl smirked at Jimin as she let go of her knife that was now embedded into Jimin's hand and the table. "That means, don't mess with me. Because that knife will be the least of your worries. I'll have my brothers come over and make a nice new rug for my room." She said before she walked away. 

 

Seokjin began to panic. "! Joonie, go get one of the Apollo kids!!!" Jungkook wrapped his hand around the handle of the knife. "Don't pull it out yet!!!" We all yelled. Jungkook pouted and held his hands up defensively. The knife fell out of his hand and onto the table. Jimin screamed as his hand began to bleed out profusely. Hoseok looked like he was about to pass out. 

 

"Jungkook!!!" Jin yelled. Hoseok stared at Jimin's hand as Jungkook and Jin argued. I watched as Hoseok reached out and grabbed it. Jimin was about to scream again, but his face and chest relaxed. He blinked a couple times as he furrowed his eyebrows. He slowly turned over his hand over and looked at his healed palm. "Dude..." Jungkook said as he examined Jimin's hand. 

 

I shook Hoseok's shoulder. "Hyung!" Hoseok blinked a couple times and pushed his glasses up before he looked at me. "What?" He asked. I pointed above his head. He looked up and frowned. "What's that?" He asked. Namjoon and two boys walked over to the table. "Sorry, Jiminie. They were too busy goofing around.” Jimin smiled. "It's okay, I'm fine now, hyung." 

 

Hoseok flinched a bit when the symbol disappeared. It was of a raven and a lyre with rays of light emitting behind it. . Hoseok and I looked around at everyone. The two boys who had came over with Namjoon, walked over to Hoseok and patted him on the back. "We're always happy to have another sibling!" The taller one said. 

 

Hoseok smiled at them both. "I'm Lee Seokmin. This is your other brother, Joshua Hong." Hoseok nodded. "I'm Jung Hoseok." Seokmin pointed behind him at one of the tables. "Did you want to come meet the rest of your siblings?" Hoseok looked at me. I smiled. "Go, hyung. I'll see you back at the house when you come to get your stuff." Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows. "My stuff?" 

 

"Yeah! You'll be rooming with us from now on, we'll help you get use to everything, your abilities.. camp life." Joshua said. "We can give you a tour." Hoseok looked at me again. "Tae-" I sighed. "Hyung, go! I'll be fine." Hoseok gave me a quick hug before he ran off with his new brothers. 

 

I looked up at Namjoon. "How- I'm so confused. Hobi- hyung never went through the weird I did growing up. He had both of his parents-" Namjoon sighed. "I'll find out everything when I go back to Seoul to retrieve the other guy. Which reminds me, I need to find two people to go with me." Namjoon said as he sat back down next to me.

 

"Ooooo!!! Hyung! Pick me!" Jungkook said. "I wanna go! I need to steer clear of Qi Mi-cha." Namjoon pretended to think before he looked over at me. "Taehyung, I think you should go with me."