Welcome To Camp!

Serendipity

“Those books aren’t just some made up story. They’re real.” Jin said as he watched me pace the room. I sighed and sat down. “But... that-“ “It’s impossible? Really? Do you not remember what happened to you today? What’s been happening your whole life?” Namjoon asked me. 

 

I rolled my eyes and groaned. “Also... PJ is real.” Jin said. My eyes widened as I stared at Jin. “He... my-my childhood hero is real?!” Jin and Namjoon both nodded. Hoseok pouted and looked between us. “Why am I here? I have both my parents.” Namjoon sighed. “I wasn’t sure why, maybe you’re the new oracle.” I gasped a bit. “Like Rachel was...” 

 

Hoseok sighed and shook his head, not hearing me. “No no no. I don’t belong here, can’t you just take me home?!” Namjoon sighed and shook his head. “I’m sorry, but if we did that, you’d constantly be in danger. You can see what we see, you’re like us somehow.” Hoseok pouted. “This ...” He mumbled. 

 

I furrowed my eyebrows. “If the books are real... does that make Rick-hyung Percy Jackson?!” Jin chuckled. “I take it you’re a big fan of the books-“ “I’ve read and re-read every single one! They’re my favorite books in the entire world!” I said. Jin smiled. “Rick-hyung isn’t PJ. But PJ told him about everything hoping to help find others like us.” 

 

I nodded. “Wow... this is all just...” “Yeah.” Hoseok said as he looked over at me. Jin stood up and patted Namjoon’s shoulder. “Joonie, you go ahead and go, I’ll get these two situated.” Namjoon stood up and sighed as he looked at Hoseok and I. “If you two need anything, you can ask one of my siblings where I’m at. My mother is Athena. It’s about three houses down from here.” I nodded and thanked him as he left. 

 

I looked up at Jin. “Whose house are we in now? Do we have to go to the Hermes’ cabin?” Jin laughed. “No, we don’t lock every new comer up with them, that would be annoying for you. They’re all pickpockets. Fun, but untrustworthy. No, we have a cabin just for newbies. And we’re in my mother’s house, Aphrodite.” He got up and walked over to the door. “Follow me, we’ll get you two a room and some clean clothes so you can shower.” Hoseok and I followed him out of his room. 

 

Jin jumped a bit when he almost ran into someone as he was leaving his room. “Whoa! Oh! Jiminie, you startled me! Did you need me?” My eyebrows disappeared behind my bangs as I looked at the boy he was talking to. 

 

He was small, small waist, small hands. He had purplish pink hair, big round black rimmed glasses, and plumper lips than Jin. He had a beautifully structured face, high cheekbones and a sharp jawline. He was gorgeous. Made complete sense in who their mother was. 

 

Jimin smiled and laughed a bit. “I’m sorry hyung! I was coming to ask you if you wanted to train with me, but I see you have company.” He said as he looked at Hoseok and I. I got a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach as he looked into my eyes. 

 

Jin smiled. “Newbies! I was about to show them to their cabin. They’ve had a long day.” Jimin smiled and extended his hand to Hoseok. “Park Jimin.” “J-Jung Hoseok.” Hoseok said as he shook the boy’s hand. He turned to me with his hand out and smiled. I could feel the blush creeping up my neck as I took his hand and shook it. I had this sudden urge to give up all of my worldly possessions and worship this boy to death. He was perfect. 

 

“I’m Taehyung, sir.” Jin furrowed his eyebrows. “Sir? Jiminie! Knock it off!” Jimin chuckled and looked back at Jin. “You’re no fun, hyung.” That weird feeling in my stomach disappeared. “What- What the hell was that?” I asked Jin. 

 

Jin rolled his eyes at his brother and patted my shoulder. “My brother here was using amokinesis. The lucky bastard only has to use it, unlike the rest of us who can only use charmspeak. Come on, we’ll see you for dinner, Jiminie.” Jin said before he and Hoseok walked downstairs. Jimin smirked as he looked into my eyes. 

 

That feeling started to come back, it got more intense the longer I looked into his eyes. “Taehyung!” Jin shouted for me, but I couldn’t move. Jimin rolled his eyes before he smirked again and his lips as he checked me out. “I’ll see you around Taehyung-ah.” He said before he walked up the next flight of stairs. I shook my head before I ran down to Jin and Hoseok.

 

 

After we stopped by one of the little shops and picked up extra clothes and toiletries, Jin took us to a cabin that was a bit further away than the rest. He picked a room for us. “Obviously you two can spread out if you want, but I figured you guys would want to be closer together. I’m sure you can find one of the bathrooms. They’re all indoors by the way.” Hoseok looked at me then Jin. “Can we call our parents?” 

 

Jin sighed. “Well... um, we’ll see after dinner, okay?” Hoseok nodded. Both of our stomachs growled when he had mentioned dinner. Jin chuckled. “I have to go see Joonie, but I’ll have someone you two to the dining hall.” We said goodbye to Jin before we both collapsed on our beds. 

 

“What the actual .” Hoseok asked as he stared at the ceiling. I shook my head before I sat up and looked over at him. “Did you ever read the Percy Jackson books, hyung?” Hoseok sat up and shook his head. “I saw the movies though.” I scrunched my nose up. “The movies would of been cool if I hadn’t read the books. They in comparison to the original source material. I always wanted to remake them... never thought I’d ever live it.” 

 

Hoseok sighed and stood up. “Come on, let’s go get ready. I’m starving.” I nodded and grabbed my clean clothes and headed to one of the bathrooms. I turned the shower on and got in. The water felt... like water. Nothing. I felt absolutely nothing and I was pretty sure this was water from the lake nearby. I sighed. I guessed that had ruled out Poseidon as my father. 

 

I scoffed at the thought. My father. I never thought about him. My mom would never talk about him and I quite frankly didn’t want to know who he was. Well I didn’t before I knew all of this. I stepped out of the shower and quickly dried off. 

 

There was a knock at our door. I jogged down the stairs as I dried my hair. I opened the door. “He sent you?” I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest. Jimin smirked as he bit his very plump bottom lip, slowly letting go of it as he chuckled. “No, he sent Jungkookie, but he’s too shy so he asked me to come with him.” 

 

I looked behind Jimin at the boy who was trying his best not to be seen although he was clearly taller than Jimin, about my height. He had big brown eyes and black hair. He looked like a deer in head lights. It was cute. “Where’s the other one?” Jimin asked. 

 

“His name is Hoseok. Hoseok!” I shouted up the stairs. Hoseok slowly came down the stairs, adjusting his glasses as he walked over to us. Jimin sighed. “Come on losers, it’s time to eat.”