Race To Which Mountain?

Serendipity

"Tae..."

 

"Taehyung!" 

 

"Kim Taehyung! Wake up!"

 

I gasped as I quickly sat up. I instantly laid back down. "! What happened? Where am I?" Hoseok pressed a damp towel onto my forehead. "Why do you have a coat on, hyung?" "Taehyung-" The boy who helped us retrieve Hoseok walked into the tent we were in. 

 

"He's up? How do you feel, Taehyung?" "My head is killing me. But where are we? Who are you? And where is that damn ing cat?" I asked, sounding more frustrated with every question I asked. The boy sighed and walked over to the other side of the tent. He poured some water into a cup and handed it to me.

 

 "Drink first. Eat something too. We'll talk later." The boy said as he was handing me the cup. I wanted to cuss his out, but I was too hungry and tired, plus my head was pounding. I sighed and drank some of what he had given me. 

 

It tasted like my mother's homemade lemonade. My eyebrows raised as I noticed that the pounding in my head had stopped. "What the ? My headache is gone..." "Ambrosia. Food and drink of the gods." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Gods? Ambrosia?" I looked over at Hoseok who just shrugged. "I'll explain it all to you later. I promise. I have something to do. I'll be back." The boy said. 

 

"Wait! Hyung, are you hurt at all? I'm sure this stuff will help-" "No! That stuff would kill him!" The boy yelled as he gently took the drink from my hands. "You aren't even allowed to have that much, It would kill you too, but take longer." I rubbed my temples, trying to make sense of everything. "What- Why? I don't understand-" "You aren't normal." 

 

I sighed. "Geez, thanks total stranger, never heard that one before-" "You can see and feel things others can not." I nodded my head, remembering the cat's words. The cat. "Where-" "He'll be back shortly." "Where are we?" I asked. The boy sighed. "You ask too many questions, just sleep and wait!" 

 

"No! I don't know you! I'm following a ing cat! I dragged my best friend into all of this ! What WAS our principal? How come she could fly?!" The boy walked over to me and caressed my face, last thing I could here was a muffled shout from Hoseok. "Nam-!" .... Nam something. 

 

I woke up a couple hours later. "Hyung?" Hoseok smiled at me. "What- Where-" Hoseok helped me sit up. "Take it easy, Tae. Its just the two of us still, they aren't back yet." I sighed. "Hungry?" I nodded and watched as Hoseok looked through the boy's bag. "What is going on, hyung? Did that boy-" 

 

"Namjoon. He's your hyung." "Did Namjoon-hyung say anything to you while I was out?" Hoseok began to prepare my food for me. "He just told me where we are." I stared at Hoseok. "Well? Hyung, where are we?" I asked. "Hallasan Mountain." Hoseok said. I gasped a bit. "Jeju? How the did we get here?" 

 

Hoseok rubbed his neck. "I kind of passed out from being overwhelmed so I didn't see." I sighed and began to eat the food. 

 

Hoseok peaked out of the tent. "It's so beautiful here, Taehyung. I never thought I see anything outside of Seoul." I set my food down and crawled towards the entrance of the tent. I stepped outside and looked up at the night sky. "! It's freezing!" 

 

Hoseok stood next to me and wrapped a coat around my shoulders. "Thanks hyung. Man, it really is beautiful here." I said as I watched the snow fall from the sky and cover the mountains. Hoseok sighed and looked at me. "What is going on, Tae? Talking cats? Flying lady-birds? I just... I don't understand. Is it just some weird dream?" Hoseok asked me. 

 

I sighed and shook my head. "No... I don't think so, hyung. I've been dealing with this stuff for a long time, no one believed me because they can't see what we can." Hoseok sighed. "Well... how come we can see what they can't?" 

 

I shrugged. "Those are questions we'll have to ask the cat. Or Namjoon-hyung." Hoseok got closer to me. "D-Did you hear that Tae?" I looked around. "No-" Hoseok looked behind us and screamed. I turned and followed his gaze. He pointed and stammered. "Cy-Cy-!" 

 

"HYUNG, RUN!" I yelled as I grabbed Hoseok's hand and ran down the mountain. The cyclops was a bit slow because of it bulkiness, but then a second one jumped out at Hoseok. He shrieked and ran faster. I ran after my best friend, trying to keep up. "Hyung! Do you know where Namjoon-hyung went?!" 

 

Hoseok was too busy screaming to answer me. I grabbed Hoseok by the collar of his shirt as we turned to run to the other side of the mountain. I turned my head to look behind us, but I ended up running into someone. 

 

"Hey. What- the , Hoseok-hyung, you two were suppose to stay in the tent! Taehyung shouldn't-" Namjoon started to say. "CYCLOPS!!!" Hoseok yelled as the two cyclops screamed and ran toward us. Namjoon sighed and looked at the cat. "Take Hoseok-hyung with you to camp, we'll catch up" 

 

The cat nodded and ran off. "W-What about Taehyung?" Namjoon looked me over and shrugged. "He can run, he can fight. Get out of here hyung, before you get hurt." 

 

Hoseok didn't hesitate a second longer. I stood up and started to panic as they stomped towards us. "Hyung! How am I suppose to fight? I don't have-" Namjoon pulled the sword I had used before out of my pocket. "How the -" "Magic. Fight now, questions later."

 

I looked at the sword then at the cyclops. I had no clue what I was doing. One of the cyclops charged at me. I started to panic. I quickly looked over at Namjoon who was busy with the second ugly er. 

 

I screamed as I shifted my eyes back to it, it was getting closer and closer. I froze. I was going to die.