005

Out Of Touch

The preparations for the crowning were in full swing and it made Taekwoon crazy, because everyone in the palace was looking at him more and more than they did before. Taekwoon never liked the attention so much, but it got worse now that the crowning came closer. 

In order to escape the craziness, Taekwoon had planned a trip to the human world to visit his friend Hakyeon. He hadn't seen Hakyeon when he was kidnapped from school, so he wanted to know how he was doing and what kind of job he was doing. So Taekwoon got dressed in black fancy clothes and also had a mask and a pair of sunglasses to protect himself from daylight. Because the vampires couldn't handle the daylight in the human world well. Taekwoon knew that his parents didn't like it that Taekwoon made this trip, but Taekwoon had insisted to go. Because he would lose his best friend one day. Hakyeon got older and Taekwoon barely aged.

After breakfast, Taekwoon walked towards the gate and it didn't take long before the guards showed up that were supposed to come with him to protect him.

''Are you ready, Your Majesty?'' a guard asked and Taekwoon nodded. He was very excited to meet his best friend again, but he was also very curious how his best friend would react on his return. Taekwoon hoped that Hakyeon would be happy and that he would support his best friend besides the fact that Taekwoon was a vampire prince.

Taekwoon and the guards walked towards the carriage and Taekwoon got in. Some guards went with him, while some sat next to the coachman. And as soon as the carriage drove away, Taekwoon sighed deep. He was going to enter a world he hadn't lived in after he got kidnapped by some creatures, which turned out to be spies his dad sent to the human world to get his son. Taekwoon was surprised when he discovered that his dad had sent spies to get him to the place where he actually belonged, because it was quite rude to Taekwoon to kidnap him while he was at school and tried to make his way home.

''Are you excited, Your Majesty?'' a guard asked and Taekwoon looked at him while he was completely covered in black clothes and black accessoires. Taekwoon nodded and looked outside again. Ofcourse, he was excited. But he was scared at the same time, because Hakyeon could react differently than he expected. If Hakyeon would start to scream that he had to go away, than Taekwoon had to accept the fact that Hakyeon didn't want to see his best friend again and that Taekwoon was going to get the title 'ex-best friend'.

''I am, but I am scared that he will react differently compared to what I expected to be honest.'' Taekwoon responded and a guard placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder, making Taekwoon look at him again and the guard smiled faintly.

''Let's stay positive, Your Majesty.'' the guard said and Taekwoon nodded, before he looked outside yet again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once they arrived in the human world, Taekwoon realised how much he had missed this world. He had lived here for 16 years and he missed everything here, but his dad would never let him return here. But that was about to change, because Taekwoon was going to take the throne and he could decide whenever he could visit Hakyeon.

Taekwoon tracked down where Hakyeon was and to his relief, he was at home. It must've been a day in the weekend, because it looked like to Taekwoon that no one was at work as cars were parked at several houses.

''Alright, we're here Your Majesty. We will wait in a dark alley we just noticed and we will wait there until you call for us.'' the coachman said and Taekwoon nodded, before a guard helped him to get out of the carriage.

Taekwoon bowed and walked to Hakyeon's house. Hakyeon was busy in the garden and it looked like he was loving it to work in the garden. Taekwoon sighed and walked towards Hakyeon.

''Excuse me, mister?'' Taekwoon tried and as soon as Hakyeon looked up, his eyes widen and got up from the ground.

''T-Taekwoon? Is it really you? My goodness, where have you been all these years?'' Hakyeon asked and cleaned himself first, before he approached Taekwoon and hugged him.

''I'm here Hakyeon, I'm really here. You're not dreaming.'' Taekwoon responded and placed his hands on Hakyeon's back. Hakyeon let go of him after that and Taekwoon let go of his friend at the same time.

Hakyeon grabbed his hand, but pulled back immediately as wide eyes looked at Taekwoon.

''Taekwoon? Why are you so cold? You can't be cold, because it's warm outside.'' Hakyeon sounded confused and Taekwoon put his hands in his pockets.

''I-I don't know if you understand it, but remember when I was taken away by creatures?'' Taekwoon said and Hakyeon nodded.

''W-Well, I know now why they came for me. Because I was born as a vampire, but I was kidnapped by humans shortly after my birth. And on top of that, I'm about to rule over a vampire kingdom. So that means that I am the heir to the throne.'' Taekwoon continued and tried to look away from Hakyeon, but his eyes were locked with Hakyeon's widen eyes.

''Y-Y-You're a vampire? And the heir to the throne? No way Taekwoon, you're lying.'' Hakyeon said and Taekwoon shook his head, before he carefully took off his mask and bared his fangs. Hakyeon's eyes widened and Taekwoon took on his mask again.

''See Hakyeon? I'm not lying, vampires can't lie at all. So why should I lie about something like this?'' Taekwoon kept asking his friend and Hakyeon wrapped his arms around his best friend again.

''I'm glad that you're still alive, I'm glad that you didn't forget about me. Because I've never forgotten about you. Come in.'' Hakyeon said and opened the door, before Taekwoon entered the house. Hakyeon closed the door once he was inside aswell and guided his friend to the livingroom, where Taekwoon sat down at the couch.

''Would you like something to drink? I don't know what vampires drink besides blood, but that's why I ask.'' Hakyeon said and Taekwoon took off his glasses and his mask, before he answered that he only wanted a glass of water. Hakyeon nodded and went to the kitchen to get something to drink for the two. When Hakyeon came back, he handed the glass of water to his friend and sat down next to Taekwoon.

Hakyeon was more than excited that Taekwoon returned to him and didn't forget about him, even if he was living as a vampire these days.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N I wrote this at school, because I have to wait two hours before the next class begins after the classes I used to have now aren't taking place today.