010

Out Of Touch

After a month, the time was there. The kingdom were going to say goodbye to the king and his wife who ruled for Centuries over the kingdom, but they were going to welcome Taekwoon as their new king. Hakyeon got used to his life with his royal best friend and was going to be a part of Taekwoon's ceremony aswell, because Hakyeon was going to walk Taekwoon down the aisle. It was Taekwoon's own choice of Hakyeon walking him down the aisle.

There they stood, dressed in nice suits and Taekwoon had a nice coat over his shoulders. Hakyeon couldn't help but think that his best friend looked good today, even better than he could imagine.

''It's so cute how you think of me.'' Taekwoon said and Hakyeon's eyes widen when he looked at Taekwoon. How did Taekwoon know what he was thinking? First, his parents heard the entire conversation and Taekwoon now knew what was going on in his mind.

''It's okay Hakyeon, vampires can hear what others are thinking.'' Taekwoon explained and Hakyeon slightly nodded. He learned more about the vampires and it was still hard to imagine that he was living with a royal family, but it was his own choice to sacrifice his old life for it. Hakyeon still was working as a teacher at the school he worked at and the kids couldn't believe that Hakyeon showed up at school in a carriage. But it was cute to see the kids' reaction when Hakyeon explained that he was living with his best friend, who was a prince now.

''Please get up for our new king!'' a servant announced and the doors opened at the same time that the guests got up from their seats. Hakyeon took Taekwoon's hand in his and the two slowly made their way down the aisle. Hakyeon ignored the looks he got from the guests, because he was the only human at this special event. Taekwoon sensed how uncomfortable Hakyeon felt, but he was going to bring his friend some comfort when this was over.

When the two stood in front of Taekwoon's parents, Hakyeon let go of his friend and took a seat next to Wonshik. Wonshik smiled at Hakyeon and Hakyeon faintly smiled at him. Hakyeon was quite uncomfortable with a lot of vampires around him, but he had to stay strong for Taekwoon.

Taekwoon raised two fingers and looked at his mum, who had his crown in her hands.

''I ,Jung Taekwoon, will accept my position as the king and I promise to stay loyal to those who need my help. I also will be the one where our citizens look up to and I will be a perfect example for them.'' Taekwoon said and right after he lowered his hand, the queen placed the crown on Taekwoon's head. 

That's when Taekwoon fully turned to the guests and the guests got up from their seats again, before they said 'Hurray for the king!'' out loud. Hakyeon was glad that he was reunited with Taekwoon right on time, because he was going to miss his best friend for good if they never reunited again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Taekwoon left the room to make his way to the balcony, Hakyeon followed Taekwoon's siblings. This was a moment that Taekwoon had to enjoy now, he was the new king of the vampires. Hakyeon was only his human friend who stayed with him, so Hakyeon didn't want to be much involved in this moment.

Hakyeon and Taekwoon's younger brothers went to the balcony, but they were waiting in the doorway. Their parents were already there and they made it a bit too impossible for the siblings to join them. But that changed when the their parents looked at them and signed at their sons that they could come and join them. Hakyeon remained on his own there and he was okay with it. Hakyeon was only human and wasn't a part of the royal family, not officially. 

Hakyeon heard the vampires cheer for their new king and Hakyeon was glad that the vampires welcomed their new king with open arms, but Hakyeon also realised that his friend was going to have a more busy life from now on. Hakyeon didn't mind at all, because he still had his job and he would be busy too. So the two wouldn't bother each other too much.

But that's when Taekwoon walked towards Hakyeon, grabbed Hakyeon's hand and pulled the young man with him. 

''Taekwoon, don't! I'm not officially a part of your family and I'm human.'' Hakyeon whispered and Taekwoon shook his head. 

''No Hakyeon, you are a part of our family. Whether you are human or not.'' Taekwoon whispered and looked at the vampires when he and Hakyeon were back at Taekwoon's spot.

''I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine who became my friend when I was human and when I went to school. He was scared to lose me for good, but he is living with me now. May I introduce you to Cha Hakyeon?'' Taekwoon explained and rose Hakyeon's hand, followed by a loud cheer from the vampires.

Hakyeon felt confused, but was glad that the vampires didn't hate him. He was glad that the citizens of this kingdom accepted him as much as Taekwoon and his family did.

Taekwoon lowered Hakyeon's hand and wrapped an arm around Hakyeon's waist. Hakyeon was a bit surprised by Taekwoon's action, but Taekwoon was at least gentle with his arm around Hakyeon's waist. Taekwoon still didn't see Hakyeon as much than a friend, but Hakyeon knew by now that Taekwoon couldn't detect any emotions as happiness and sadness.

''I won't make you feel like a bother, because I'm glad to be reunited with you again. You'll get the space you need, just like you got when you moved in with me.'' Taekwoon whispered and Hakyeon faintly smiled. Taekwoon wouldn't make him feel like Hakyeon was getting in the way if it was going to be a busy time for Taekwoon, but Hakyeon would get that himself too.

''Thank you for not making me feel like that.'' Hakyeon whispered and the family returned with Hakyeon to the inside of the palace. And as soon as the doors were closed, Taekwoon wrapped his arms around Hakyeon and sighed.

''I may be the king now, but I won't let you go Hakyeon. My dad finally realised what he did to both of us by taking me away from you, so I'm glad that we're reunited right on time. Just like you said when I showed up at your house.'' Taekwoon said and Hakyeon closed his eyes when he wrapped his arms around Taekwoon's waist.

The two friends were reunited and they weren't going to break the promise ever again...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N And hereby, I finish the story. I know, it's short. But I didn't have that many chapters in mind for the concept of this. I hope you guys liked it.