004

Out Of Touch

When Taekwoon came downstairs, he was greeted by other maids and they guide him to the diningroom. In the diningroom, the rest of his family were waiting for him to join them for breakfast. His family here was bigger than he had in the human world, because he only had his parents there. Here, he had his parents and he had four younger brothers. So it was something new to Taekwoon, because he was an only child in the human world.

Taekwoon sat down next to his dad ,the place where the rightful heir had to sit at, and the waiters came in with their breakfast. Even now that Taekwoon got used to his life as a prince, he never really could get used to it that waiters brought the food to him instead of him making breakfast himself. He was a great cook when he made his own breakfast. But he wasn't allowed anymore to go into the kitchen, since he had to get used to his new life as a prince. That was a bit tough for Taekwoon, because his mind still wanted to do certain things he did when he was still human.

As soon as the entire family had their breakfast, the king gave permission to his family to have breakfast. Taekwoon immediately started to drink after that and he smiled when the blood entered his system. He never thought he would love it so much, but it felt good to drink blood. But he kinda missed it to eat human food, because he loved that.

Some growls of Taekwoon's younger brothers were heard and Taekwoon sighed when he heard them growl. His brothers were acting like a monster when they drank blood and they were surprised that Taekwoon was such a silent eater, but they understood it when the queen told them that Taekwoon used to live as a human and is used to some of their manners.

Taekwoon had the strongest bond with Wonshik and Hongbin if he only looked at his brothers. When he was brought in here at the age of 16, it were Hongbin and Wonshik who immediately embraced their brother and welcomed him into the family. But Jaehwan and Sanhyuk didn't really know what to think of it and blamed their brother for staying away for so long. The queen put them back at their position and told them that Taekwoon was kidnapped when he was just a baby. And after that, Jaehwan and Sanhyuk welcomed Taekwoon aswell.

''Taekwoon?'' Taekwoon heard his dad ask and he looked up with his dark eyes at his dad. Taekwoon learned that his eyes were the darkest out of his family and his eyes were the only ones that turned black. Taekwoon wondered why he was the only one with darker eyes compared to his family, but he didn't care much.

''I have discussed this with everyone but you, but we have planned your crowning already. And it's going to take place over a month. I think it's time to pass it on to you.'' the king said and Taekwoon's eyes softened. He didn't live here for long and he had to take over the throne? Taekwoon sighed and nodded. Maybe his dad waited for the right moment to pass the crown to him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After breakfast, Taekwoon was kept apart by his dad to talk about the crowning. Wonshik and the others were ready to go, but Wonshik wanted to know what Taekwoon was thinking about all of this. Wonshik knew about the crowning, because his dad told him the night before when Taekwoon wasn't in the livingroom. Everyone of the family and the staff was there and everyone was aware of everything that was going to happen.

''But dad, why so fast? I mean, I didn't know that you wanted to crown me when I'm grown up.'' Taekwoon exclaimed and his dad placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder.

''Taekwoon, it's time to pass it on to you. The vampires want someone new on the throne and me and your mum want to spend more time together.'' his dad says and Taekwoon sighed, before he nodded. If it was time for changes, then Taekwoon understood why his dad wanted him to take the throne.

His dad understood why Taekwoon sighed like that, because this came very suddenly. If his dad would've slowly stepped down and give more into Taekwoon's hands, he could've prepared himself more for this moment.

''Alright dad, but give me this month to prepare myself before it's finally there. Because this is so unexpected for me.'' Taekwoon tells his dad and his dad starts to smile. He couldn't wait to step back and to hand over everything to Taekwoon.

The two walked through the garden and it became more and more a reality to Taekwoon that it was his time to rule over a kingdom, but he still felt lonely. He didn't want to rule on his own, he wanted someone next to him. But he didn't feel anything for love, he couldn't love someone. Vampires weren't supposed to feel anything at all. Maybe he could try to find Hakyeon when he could do whatever he wanted, but Taekwoon didn't know how Hakyeon was going to react.

''We're going to help you to prepare everything for the most important day, so you don't enter the day unprepared.'' his dad said and Taekwoon nodded. Taekwoon's mind was a chaos right now, because of this news. Taekwoon immediately felt like a huge responsibility on his shoulders and he didn't like that pressure.

Wonshik ,on the other hand, was following the two on a safe distance. He understood why Taekwoon was confused about the everything that was ahead of him. His future was predictable and Taekwoon knew what was coming, but Wonshik understood that it was all new for Taekwoon. Taekwoon was used to live his life as a human and when he was taken to the home where he actually belonged, Taekwoon changed rapidly on the inside and also had to get used to a new life.

''I'm proud of you Taekwoon. You have changed so much when you were brought here and you got used to this life quickly. I think it's the right time to pass the crown to you.'' his dad said and Taekwoon nodded. He only nodded, because his mind was a huge chaos. For now, Taekwoon was going to make his mind empty and to focus on his most important day.