003

Out Of Touch

In the years that went by, people started to forget about Taekwoon at school. But Hakyeon and his classmates never forget about him, they talked about him daily. It was the hardest for Hakyeon, because Taekwoon always had been his best friend and Hakyeon struggled to get through each day. And even his life at home was getting harder and harder. Taekwoon came over regularly and not just to make homework, but to hang out at Hakyeon's place too.

When Hakyeon graduated from High School, he felt sad that Taekwoon didn't show up and it stung him. He knew that Taekwoon would never leave on his own and he always would let Hakyeon know where he went to if he did go somewhere without Hakyeon. Hakyeon kinda felt hurt when his best friend disappeared without a trace.

Hakyeon went to college and even managed to graduate from there. After graduation, he found a job as an English teacher at the elementary school he used to go to. And the children loved him there, he became one of the school's favorite teachers and always made longer hours because children didn't want to let go of him.

''Alright kids, it's time to go home. Your parents must be waiting outside.'' Hakyeon says to the kids and the kids start to pout, because they don't want to leave at all. Hakyeon understands why he is so popular, because he involves everyone in his classes. Lots of other teachers couldn't make their classes that interested to involve everyone, but Hakyeon managed to do so.

The kids nodded and got up, before they collected all of their stuff. Hakyeon giggled and walked over to a young boy ,going by the name Hwang Chul, who was sobbing in silence. Hakyeon squad down at the young boy and places a hand on the boy's shoulder.

''What's wrong, Hwang Chul? Why are you crying?'' Hakyeon asks the young boy and Hwang Chul looks up at his teacher with his teary eyes. Hwang Chul starts to pout and his eyes fill with tears.

''M-My eomma i-isn't coming to pick me up.'' Hwang Chul says and Hakyeon feels sorry for this young boy.

''Would you like it if I bring you home? I don't want you to wait an eternity for your mother.'' Hakyeon says and Hwang Chul nods, before a smile appears on his face. Hakyeon walks to his desk and grabs his carkeys, before walking back to Hwang Chul.

''Alright, let's go then.'' Hakyeon says and Hwang Chul grabs his bag, before leaving the school  Hakyeon had a small car, since he was on his own. Hakyeon didn't have time to date someone, but he preferred guys the most.

Hakyeon helped the little Hwang Chul into his car and Hwang Chul put on his seatbelt by himself. Hakyeon got in the car aswell and put on his own seatbelt. Hakyeon started the engine of his car and left the parking lot.

''Did no one tell you to pick you up, Hwang Chul?'' Hakyeon asks the little boy next to him and the boy shakes his head. It was breaking Hakyeon's heart that no one was there to pick him up, he was only hoping that it wasn't going to happen very often.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taekwoon ,however, was brought to a palace right after the creatures kidnapped him. He had no idea where he had ended up and he also had no idea why he was brought there. But the queen explained to him that he was born with a vampire gene, but that he was snatched away by the humans when he was just a few days old. The queen also explained that Taekwoon was meant to be a prince and he wasn't going back to the human world anymore. And on top of that, Taekwoon would be immediately announced as the rightful heir to the throne.Taekwoon now realised that those symptoms that made him feel sick, were the signs that he was changing on the inside.

Taekwoon was surprised by this, but he decided to get used to his new life. Well, new? The life that he was supposed to live. He wasn't going back to Hakyeon anytime soon. But Taekwoon's biggest fear was that he was never going to see his friend ever again. Taekwoon has tried many times to ask the queen if he could see his friend once, but she refused it. Taekwoon no longer was allowed to return to the human world anymore, he had to forget about Hakyeon according to the queen.

During the years, Taekwoon turned into a vampire and learned how to live as a prince. But Hakyeon never left his mind, he couldn't forget about his friend. It was like he made the promise to his friend to never forget about him. Taekwoon also got used to the many maids that were around him and got used to it that the maids did things for him instead of him doing lots of things himself. 

Taekwoon never thought that he would stop aging, but he stopped aging when his body reached the physical age of 25. It felt weird for Taekwoon that he would stay young forever, it even felt weird when he imagine himself inbetween all of his classmates years from here. All of them would be in their 40s at least and Taekwoon would show up in his 20s, while he should be at their age.

''Taekwoon honey, wake up!'' the queen says and Taekwoon groans when he hears her voice. It had taken a long time before Taekwoon saw her as his biological mother, but he was okay with it by now.

''Mum, really? I loved to sleep.'' Taekwoon moans and the queen chuckles, before she starts to streak over his cheek with her finger.

''Come on Taekwoon, get up. Some relatives are coming over who haven't seen you yet.'' the queen continues and Taekwoon opens his eyes. His red eyes look at the queen and she starts to smile. It has been a while since Taekwoon has met any of the Jung relatives. He saw a few of them when he was 18 and he saw some when he was 22. Hopefully, he was going to see the rest of them. Because until now, the Jung relatives were happy to see the one who actually was supposed to be the heir of the throne.

Taekwoon slowly sits up straight and his long black locks fell over his shoulders. Taekwoon had let his hair grow when he was 20 years old and his family thought that it looked good on him, so Taekwoon kept his long hair. The queen through Taekwoon's long hair and Taekwoon looks at her.

''Come on, my dear. Get dressed and come downstairs.'' the queen says and places a kiss on Taekwoon's temple, before getting up and leaving the room. Shortly after that, a few maids enter the room and wish Taekwoon a goodmorning.

''Your Majesty, it's time to get dressed.'' a maid says and Taekwoon sighs, before he nods and gets up. A few other maids come to him with very fancy clothes and Taekwoon let them get him dressed. It still feels weird that he has to let others get him dressed while he was used to it doing it himself. As a human, you were supposed to get yourself dressed.

At the same time, his hair got done aswell by a few maids. His hair got brushed and they applied just a very simple hairclip into his hair. Taekwoon sometimes got his hair into a ponytail, but he didn't want that today. He didn't want his hair up when he was meeting other vampires.