Part I: 9 — Hiccups

Different World: Genesis

Rose woke up with a huge fever and headache. “Pasta, are you alright?” Lisa asked on the phone and Chaeyoung let out a few painful coughs. “Are you sick? What did you do yesterday after you presented?” She asked. 

Chaeyoung remembered the moment she ran out in the rain and coughed again. “I kinda... forgot to bring an umbrella.” 

“And that Hansung didn’t drag his to get his car?” Lisa asked and Chaeyoung became silent. ‘Actually he went with me.’ She thought absentmindedly. “You better take care of yourself well, have you taken any meds? Sleep more!”

”Will do. Will do.” Rose replied and sneezed. “Pokpak. If you let me go, I am going to take some meds and sleep. Don’t tell brother, he has been staying out really late for something concerning the new product and next week’s event.” 

“Alright.” Lisa promised. “But promise me to get well soon. I am going to let you sleep and rest. I’m hanging up. Kisses!” 

Chaeyoung’s eyes were extremely heavy, and her body was extremely hot yet she felt like it was freezing. Her head was hurting and she was feeling a little more dizzy the more she moved. She coughed and went to grab a hoodie to wear over her shirts. She held onto the wall, to keep her balance while going down the stairs. The house was pretty silent with Lisa away and her brothers at work. The sun seemed to be coming out through the clouds, but she was getting sick despite the weather getting warmer and warmer. With slow steps, Rose headed to the kitchen to grab herself some medications, which she could never pass onto if she wanted to recover quickly. Definitely rain and change of weather aren’t her things.

She looked up at the drawyer on top of the counter, put down her cellphone and tiptoed to try to reach the medications before her sick body lost its balance, falling backward... falling right onto someone’s chest. “You’re trying to get yourself hurt?” She heard a deep voice tell her. She glanced back and her eyes didn’t seem to want to focus. “Oppa? Aren’t you at work?” She asked and Hansung put his hand on her burning forehead. 

“Cotton. You’re burning.” He commented and indeed it was a pretty high fever she was getting. ‘Right she got under the rain more than once this week...’ He noticed. He waved his hand in front of her eyes and she seemed to really have lost her senses. 

“Pokpak.. I don’t feel well.” She whined and passed hr arms around his waist, while Taehyung had his hands lifted up in the air, as if in surrender when someone pointed a gun at him. 

“Alright Cotton head is definitely out of her mind and sick as heck. She has become another person.” He told himself and helped her to the couch, on which she automatically lied down. He looked at her for a bit. ‘Dude what kind of couch is that... its not even made to sleep on...’ He thought and pf course there was no way he gonna trouble himself to carry her up the stairs then look for her room.... She was nearly asleep right now. He picked her up, on his arms, and carried her to his room. ‘I can’t believe I’m doing this.’ He thought. And watched her falling alseep. He pulled up the covers to up to her chin, seeing how she was receiving chills every minute.

Taehyung went back to the kitchen, where Chaeyoung tried to reach for some medications earlier. Luckily he came out hearing the coughing coming from her. There were medicine and cold patches luckily. He brought them to Rose who was in a deep sleep. Before waking her up, he read the instructions in the back, for he had never used those. And even less do it for someone. 

“Cotton.” He called. He didn’t know why he started caling her Cotton suddenly. He wanted to call out her name yesterday but Cotton came out. Right. He really didn’t know how to be affectionate. And he rarely called anyone by their name. ‘Aish whatever.’ He told himself, chasing the thoughts away. “I’m putting on the cold pad on your forehead.” He warned her and she simply nodded. He brushed her hair away from her face gently before sticking the medication pad on. He watched her sleeping face and flicked her forehead lightly. ‘Sleepy head.’ He commented.

A cellphone started to ring and V went to the kitchen to see Rose’s phone on the counter. He picked it up nonchalantly and answered the call, a call from the friend, “Yes.” He simply said and there was a long moment of silence. “Should I hang up?” 

“How is Chaeyoung?” She asked.

”Asleep.”

”Had she taken medication yet? Had she eaten?” She bombarded him with questions.

”Was about to, until you disrupted everything.”

There was another long moment of silence before Lisa spoke up, “Please take good care of her. She has the tendency to... become sort of like someone else... to sleepwalk... or getting possessed by an entire different person... I don't know if you understand.”

”I will take care of her.” 

“Thanks.” And they hunged up. Although Jimin and Lisa still don't accept the fact that Kim Taehyung was a gangster, they cannot deny the fact that he had been really kind and caring for Rose, while they are all involved in all sort of things to get ready for, to deal with, etc. And really, if V wasn't there, Rose would be alone, for she hated to get involved with anything business-related. Maybe later she would give it a chance, but not now. And while V was there, they can, they hate to admit, trust Rose into his care. He grabbed a glass of warm water and a pill before walking into his room, to find it empty. 

He stood there and wondered where the heck in 2 minutes did she go. He turned to look at the laundry and storage room in front of his room, but there was no one. "Cotton." He called and there was no answer. "Chaeyoung-ah." He called out and laughed at himself for it. Yah, dumbhead, it's not the time to be playing. He cleared his throat and called out again, as he walked down the hallway heading to the living room, still searching for her, "Chaeyo..." He stopped and saw her sitting on the floor, resting her head on the table. "Cotton. What are you doing?"

Rose sat up and turned to the origin of the voice, blinking a few times and let laughed, "Hansung-shi." She called and he held the glass of water and pill to her. She open waiting for him to feed her, and really, he had never seen someone who could change completely after getting a fever. He flicked her forehead and put the pill in . He received a glare from Rose and he held the water to her.

"Drink the water before the pill melts." He warned and he helped her hold onto the glass, in case she drops it. He didn't want to go through making her change. Just no. Although Rose wasn't being the usual Rose, V had to admit to himself that she was still adorable. He smiled and the glare from Rose's eyes was replaced by a smile. 

(A/N: listen to this while you read it, if you want, I wrote this part listening to that song)

"Hansung-shi." She called and V stared at her into the eyes, waiting for her to speak whatever she wanted to say, or just simply nothing. His stare was calm, compared to any other time where he stared or glared, usually to menace any other people, with Rose, he simply stared into her eyes to just enjoy looking at her eyes that always gave out a comfortable feeling, a calm stare that one could simply get lost into. 

"Are you going to stay silent?" He asked but still didn't broke the stare. She laughed, "What is so funny?" He asked and a light smile appeared on his face despite himself wanting to be annoyed like he used to. "Alright, go back to sleep, I don't want to have someone collapsing in the living room." He said and pulled her heated hand with him, leading her into the room. And there she fell asleep again. He went to the kitchen to prepare something warm and easy to swallow, like porridge, although he didn't really know how the recipe goes. 

He grabbed the phone, and noted to himself to get one, it was getting out of hand without one. He went online and simply clicked on the first lightly salted porridge he saw, with green onions and instead of cutting pieces of chicken into the porridge like they wrote, instead, he decided to grind it, so it would be easier to swallow. Has V ever cooked? Not very much since he always skipped his meals, or ate following a random schedule. He also didn't get sick very often because his body was trained to go through all sorts of weather. He could be under the rain for 2 days and night and still simply get a light cough but that was it. His body's scars showed all his experiences as a gangster. Although he did all kind of things, one thing he didn't do were drugs. He didn't take care of that branch. 

While the porridge was cooking on a low heat, slowly turning the grain of rice into a mushed texture, he continued scrolling through the phone and in her gallery there was really nothing about her, rather always pictures of places she visited. When the rice was turned into porridge, V add in the onions he washed and cut into tiny pieces and the grinded chicken, and slowly mixing it to avoid water to come out, then left it there for another while before adding a little salt for some taste. He pour some into 2 bowls, putting them on a tray, grabbed 2 spoons, tissue papers, then a new cold patch. 

He entered the room again and she was sleeping, thank goodness. He didn't want her to be running around. He left the porridge there for a bit so it cooled down. He watched her sleeping face and really, silence with her was everything but bad. He lightly brushed a strand of hair from her face. He knew exactly what he was getting himself into. He wasn't dumb. He never got affected by anyone's approach, but there was something about Park Chaeyoung that made everything different. And maybe it was because of their differences. And her kindness that never failed to be shown to everyone around her. "Cotton." He called and gently held her up to wake her up. 

She opened her eyes and he held the now warm porridge and told her that it was time to fill up her stomach. He sat in front of her. She didn't look like she was "possessed" by anything right now, and was quietly eating her porridge and she nodded at every spoonful she took, while he ate with her, and looked at her after everytime he took a bite. When she was done, she turned to him, "Hansung-shi, it's really good." She said, and V took the compliment really well.

"Of course, Kim Taehyung made it, there is nothing that he can't do if he wants to do it." He proudly said and let out a chuckle when Rose seemed to be really amazed at that point when he said all that. Something about her was also, she never doubted anyone's words and will believe until the other person said otherwise. "This will cause you troubles later..." He mumbled his breath.

"What?" She asked and leaned closer to listen. Hansung put his palm on her forehead, checking for the temperature. 

"Seems to be getting a little better but there are a lot of room for recovery." He noticed and opened a new cold patch and placed it on her head. "You're alright?" He asked and she simply nodded as a response. 

"Hansung-shi, you must have someone you like to whom you would do this to." She suddenly commented. She cleaned closer, "Is there?" She asked and let out a shy chuckle. V turned to her and watched her little reactions.

"Mmm." He admitted and her rounded eyes looked into his in surprise. 

"How is she like?" She asked curiously and V was silent for a bit, staring into her eyes. He reached out his hand and removed the strand of hair hanging at the corner of her eyes, and placed it behind her ear, very gently. 

"A little too slow, maybe dull. Naive. Clumsy." He said and Rose thought about everything he said and prossessed everything. "But she is the kindest, most caring, prettiest and charmest person that ever could warm up my heart, adding colours into my dark world." He finished and directed his hand on her cheek. "And probably the only one I could ever want to give up everything for..." He whispered under his breath.

"Who is it?" She asked, and V knew she was simply sick and wasn't acting as herself. 

"You better ask me when you're clear-minded. Only then I would tell you. Or..." He retrieved his hand and leaned closer, to whisper to her ear. "Or wait until I tell you myself." He said and landed a light light very gentle kiss on her warm cheek before he stood up, gathering everything to go wash them up. "Sleep now." He said and left the room, while Chaeyoung was confusedly sitting on the bed and started to hiccup. She covered her lips with both her hands. She shook her head a few times, and covered her head with the cover, before laying down on the bed. V watched her from the door frame and let out a chuckle before heading to the kitchen. 

Cotton. I am serious when I said I would give up everything for you. Because you were the only one who entered this dark world of mine and reached out a hand to me when everyone else hid, ran away or tried to kill me. You're the only one who came fo me without any plotting in your head, goals or missions to accomplish. You came as you, and I like you for that. 

When he was done washing everything and putting them away, he checked onto Rose who was soundly asleep. She was lightly breathing in and out from and that was cute to watch. Her temperature reached another peak, but quickly cooled down on her own. He removed the cold patch and used a warm towel to wipe away the sweat on her face. He sat down by the floor, next to the bed, remaining next to her, and he slowly dozed off. 

When the natural sunlight from outside had completely diappeared, that was when Rose woke up, finally rid of her fever. She wasn't in her room and realized that was Hansung's room. Next to the bed, on the night table, there was a glass of lemon and honey water for her sore throat. 'Drink this. Hansung.' It wrote. "Omg..." She said starting to feel bad, realizing he must be the one taking care of her... and her craziness. 'Did I do anything weird to him?" She asked herself and tried to remember everything that she had done. And there she remembered the scene from earlier that might be or not a dream.

"Park Chaeyoung, the fever turned you crazy." She said and she took the glass and drank it. It was a little cold but a little warm. And she was really thankful for it. For everything Hansung had done to her today, no matter if her brain made everything up or not, he had taken care of her nonetheless.