Attack

Infinite and the Chamber of Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungkyu didn't know if 'OK' was the best definition for how Hoya and especially Sungyeol judged his appearance and judging from their tight lips, they had been forced to agree. At least Hoya was a little less grumpy after Sungkyu had apologised and explained where he'd been.

The others' reactions were friendlier – Dongwoo had a heart bigger than Sungkyu could ever hope to carry and Sungkyu had already met Sungjong and seen that the youngest was in fact unbothered by it all. "I get it if you're disappointed or sad but condamming him to a lifetime of suffering is not the solution." He shook his head and Sungkyu sent him a thankful smile.

"I'm not here to hear sorry excuses," growled Sungyeol and scowled at them all. "Wasn't there something more important?"

Woohyun sighed. "I guess there was. It's about the heir-"

"Surprise, surprise..." Sungjong sent Sungyeol a stern glare.

Sungkyu explained once more what he'd seen Ginny do. Luckily, while he talked, nobody made any comments though Sungyeol's face twitched more than once. "I know it sounds crazy," he concluded. "But I'm one hundred percent sure that this diary has something to do with everything!"

"Why?"

Sungkyu gulped.

Sungyeol earned another glare but this time he raised his arms in protest. "I'm just asking! I mean, who knows who that Riddle guy is, maybe some friend of Ginny's who wrote some bad stuff about her in there so she threw it away but then she regretted it and wanted it back?"

"I doubt Ginny Weasley would be friends with Riddle," said Sungkyu dryly. The others' eyes were now on him. He sighed. No matter how he explained the scene to everyone, they just couldn't understand without knowing the identity of Riddle. "T. M. Riddle – Tom Marvolo Riddle – It's the true name of the Dark Lord."

Silence.

Sungjong gaped. "It's- what?" Woohyun was pale.

"And you know that – how exactly?" asked Sungyeol grumpily. Sungkyu closed his eyes; he'd been dreading this question. Hoya gave him a quick glance, likely the only person present who had an inkling of Sungkyu's family.

"Just... something my parents mentioned once," he muttered and played with the hem of his robes. Thinking of any possible way to make his point more credible, he added "they are Aurors so they've had to deal with... with that..."

After those news, nobody could deny anymore that it was strange for Ginny Weasley to be this desperate for the diary of every muggle's worst enemy. They agreed to have a closer eye on the girl. "And we need the diary," said Dongwoo. "Maybe there's something about it like with our mirrors – that someone talks to her through it and pressures her." It was clear that he didn't want to believe that Ginny herself would do anything bad and everyone silently agreed.

If the Dark Lord was involved, he was probably the main character in this calculation.

"Great, now we're battling not only a Basilisk but also the most evil wizard in history. Yay us!" Sungyeol raised his hands in celebration, face unimpressed. "I can't with this."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

They decided on going after the diary once the Quidditch game in two days was over because both Dongwoo and Woohyun would be busy with that and it was an unspoken agreement that Sungkyu wouldn't come unless the two of them were there. For everyone's good.

So it was that he once again took his favourite spot in the back corner of the library on the day of the match. He had just made himself comfortable when his pocket vibrated. His hand slipped to the mirror shard he'd nearly forgotten about.

Sungkyu always had the mirror with him wherever he went but this was the first time that it actually did something, so he eagerly it outside and found Woohyun staring at him. The Gryffindor released a sigh when Sungkyu greeted him. "Thank god you have the mirror with you."

"I-"

"Listen," said Woohyun without any greeting. "Sungjong just found out that the diary was stolen from Harry. Someone broke into his dorms yesterday and now the diary is gone. Sungjong heard him and Ron say it to Hermione a bit ago." Sungkyu dropped his quill. "And there's more: Ginny isn't here." He pointed at the quidditch stadium behind him. "Sungyeol and the others are still looking just in case but I swear she's not here." His voice quivered. "Sungkyu what if she got the diary back? There might be a new attack coming!"

Sungkyu jumped up. "I'll find her, don't worry, OK?" He didn't know where this certainty came from but the way Woohyun sounded so scared made him determined to finally do something right. "Concentrate on the game, how long till it starts?"

"Twenty minutes, I think. A little less."

"I'll come by when I found her." And with that he slipped the mirror back into his pocket and stuffed his books and parchment into his bag. On his way out he rammed straight into Hermione Granger who barely payed him any mind. She mumbled out a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter